2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KBelichWFTV
Kathi Belich, WFTV George broke down when Ashton siad he was a loving father and grandfather.. Even Casey said so at jail.. Defense attorneys fidgeted

I wonder if the repeated objections by the DT is an attempt to break JA's rhythm of delivery....

JA doing very well with suicide note

"You cannot read this letter and not see this man was in pain." - JA regarding GA's suicide note.

I am quietly pleased JA is taking time to wash away the terrible stain Baez painted George with yesterday - he at least deserves that whatever happened.

Explains aggravated child abuse charge. Child abuse is the intentional infliction of injury upon the child ... You can postulate a number of different hypotheses in this case. Some might say well maybe she put the duct tape on Caylee to make her stop crying because she was loud. Casey put it on too tight and Caylee died by accident. if that is what you think happened, that is felony murder. so if that is something you're thinking about, that's also first-degree murder.

Or if you choose to believe that she used chloroform so she could spend time with her boyfriend. Let's say she used the chloroform in the trunk of the car and Caylee accidentally died. It is still first-degree murder. That makes the most sense it is premeditated. Anyway you put it together Casey Anthony is guilty of murder in the first degree.

I want to talk a little about George. You have seen hours of videotape between George Anthony sometimes with Cindy sometimes just with Caylee. it was an unvarnished window into the relationship between them. Is there anything in any of those conversations that shows George Anthony was anything but a loving father? He is out of his mind with worry and perplexed as to why his daughter didn't tell them about his granddaughter being missing. He was supportive to Casey, she even says he is the best dad. George is not this Machiavellian self interested monster.

Mr. Baez brought up George's suicide. ... Mr. Baez asked, did you express some guilt in your suicide letter? Now according to Mr. Baez he is telling you the suicide attempt wasn't much of anything, it was a halfhearted attempt to take some medication. George just wanted to be with his granddaughter. You cannot read this letter and not see that this man was in pain. This is not some self-serving manifesto of innocence. This is the cry of a man who just doesn't understand the world anymore. He doesn't understand why his daughter won't tell him what happened. And he's just tired.

I believe ICA just said "I was lying" when JA said ICA said George was the best dad in the tapes.

I was just thinking this, she lies about everything so why wouldn't she lie about that.

I wonder what is left for LDB? A video?

JA sounds emotional talking about GA's suicide letter

Does anyone else see KC's horns? OR is it just my computer screen???

I see 'em too. he must REALLY be clenching her jaw! No matter how hard I try, I can not make my forehead pop out like that :maddening:

"This is the cry of a man who just doesn't understand the world anymore." :(

danielabrams Dan Abrams
Strong argument from ashton on why 1st degree murder is the only applicable charge. #caseyanthony #closing argument

I hope GA shakes JA's hand when all this is done, he deserves it!

She must be pizzed she didn't testify, and is telling JB so........I need a lipreader. Also do we know if the early jail tapes get into evidence? Do they get to see them again, or just a transcript of them?

Woah. JA you are amazing.

Don't we have a lipreader who can tell us what Casey is saying?? Or is that allowed??

Casey is so P.O.'ed because Jeff is talking about her dad being a good man/dad/grandfather rather than Casey being a good mother....

She hates when it's about anyone other than her.

JA is REALLY getting to ICA now. He's pushing the right buttons and I'm waiting for the balled hands and scrunch a face to come out. She keeps making this face that looks like she is suppressing a snarl. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288