2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will have a verdict this evening.....

I am way too much of a visual learner for these oral instructions. If I was a juror, I would surely need to read and reread them during delibrations.

They will have copies with them in the jury room.

A couple great things said today (paraphrased):

LDB- I will not pull out posters or pyrotechnics....it's not my style.

LDB- I never made a promise to you that the State couldn't keep. (hint hint)

JA- NO ONE ever takes an accident and makes it look like a murder!

Bill Sheaffer:
Jury is only deliberating during "business hours"

CA, rarely, if ever looks at the judge when he's speaking! How RUDE!!!:maddening:

Same with JB. Often he even rolls his eyes when JP is talking directly to him. Sometimes he also starts talking to CM, or flips through paperwork while judge is admonishing or talking straight to him. I think it shows disdain for the honorable judge.

Circumstantial evidence can still result in a guilty verdict. See Scott Peterson. Like Bill S said, there was MUCH less actual evidence in Scott Peterson case, and he's sitting on death row. One juror in that case said that him not testifying, although not supposed to mean much, really didn't sit well with him.
This jury knows that circumstantial evidence is allowed to result in a guilty verdict, especially if they believe 100% that she did it. They just need to make sure there is no REASONABLE doubt, and the 'doubt' that the Defense has provided is, as LDB and JA pointed out, NOT reasonable. It's ABSURD.

i concur. most murder cases are going to be circumstantial.

Her parents may not visit her but unfortunately there will be Casey fans who will contact her and send her money just like other convicts, such as Scott Peterson. Sickening...

My husband and I had a bet on how long jury deliberations would last, whoever wins gets the remote and has to watch ther others shows for a week. I said 1 1/2 days he said 3 1/2 days. AFTER LDB's closing he wanted to change it to 8 hours, I said no way!!! He also changed his opinion of LWP to death!!!

I'll bet these jurors look forward to finally be able to discuss the case amongst themselves. I know I would.

wm

Just wanted to say - three long years and we're finally here! God and Caylee be with all of the jurors right now.

I think all of us will sleep well tonight. God bless everyone involved in the fight for Justice for Caylee - especially OSCO and the SA! The SA truly were Caylee's voice, especially in the last two days!

I'm still with my family and about to drive home for three hours, or I'd say more! *hugs and love to everyone*

Amen! I can't believe we're finally at this point. Through the years, I had my doubts that we'd ever get here! Been a long, painful, infuriating, sad road....

Bill Sheaffer:
Jury is only deliberating during "business hours"
Glad that it is because Larry Padilla(I don't believe much he says) claimed they would deliberate on ten hr shifts. I was like what?

what's sinking in? the fact she will have to back to her cell and sit and wait, and wait and wait. no more daily excursions to the court room? yes.

that she may be going to jail for murder? no.

i don't think she will ever take responsibility for the death of caylee. she will continue to blame it on someone else. i don't think she will ever take responsibility for any of her charges.

No more lies. They didn't work.

She's looking at "reality", which she is not used to....is about to start the waterworks but, since they're not talking directly about "her", she's having a hard time mustering up the tears.

I am way too much of a visual learner for these oral instructions. If I was a juror, I would surely need to read and reread them during delibrations.

they all have or will get a copy....I think they can read along

Wow. I have to admit I was a little nervous after listening to Baez last night. The jurors don't know all that we do, and he made some points that they could believe in.

Linda just rocked it though, and I'm not worried anymore.
It's my birthday today, and I just got the best gift! Thank you Jeff, and Linda.

hbg-blink71.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member