2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most likely the verdict will take two days, but hoping after they pick the foreman and take a quick vote they all go with murder one.

I hope they take a quick vote during lunch just to see where they are.

I believe that if Casey goes to prison for life she will resume contact with her family (she needs money, sympathy etc) and tell them that Baez "forced" her to accuse George and Lee. They will feel "sorry" for her and be happy to indulge her.

I personally relish the fact that ICA has had to sit there and take her medicine. Through JA and LDB, she had to hear every lie, every crime and she could not pitch a fit and leave the room, leave the house...nothing.

Love your choice of color today!!!:seeya:

It must be awful for the Anthony's listening to HHJP right now.

I just started paying attention again and for a split second I thought we got our verdict already - man that was a time slip !! lol

I need a break too.

I just got goosebumps when HHJP said execute!

Can Casey be found guilty of 1st and 2nd degree murder? please and thank you.

My DH thinks it will take the jury 2 hours to find her guilty of 1st degree. Slam dunk after that close.

I give the jury 24 hours to come up with a verdict from the time they are dismissed.

I was arrested on a domestic and spent three days in jail in lock down. No pillow,blanket,toothbrush,soap,toilet paper,lights on 24/7.Hell. I would rather have death than being in prison for my whole life. My arrest was about my ex taking my daughter for over a day without any calls.When he brought her back I told him I was going to kill him and he was already on the phone with 911 and they heard me. I have only had one ticket in my life and being arrested was an eye opener.Huge! I was in jail not prison but omg I can't imagine. I was stripped searched and could not even have a cup to drink water out of. I would think for her to have life would be worse than death.

Twitter
KBelichWFTV:
Linda Drane Burdick's notes for closing were on lavendar paper.. Caylee's favorite color. Ashton's tie also has shades of lavendar [via Twitter]

Omg they're so awesome! that ^made me cry

I believe that if Casey goes to prison for life she will resume contact with her family (she needs money, sympathy etc) and tell them that Baez "forced" her to accuse George and Lee. They will feel "sorry" for her and be happy to indulge her.

I agree. Lee might not have contact with her again but CA and GA will for sure.

Big round of applause for the WS community! I've only been following for a couple of months but these boards have been a civil place to come for great opinions, a wealth of information and a ton of great people seeking the truth and justice. Have a FANTASTIC 4th of July with your friends/family! :)

:wagon: :wagon:

I hope you'll stay and join us in all these causes, both missing and deceased! Welcome aboard!

Yesterday, I was teetering on the 'pre-meditation' factor in Caylee's death. I no longer have that question in my mind. I also believe that not only is Casey guilty of pre-meditated 1st degree murder, or felony murder as a result of aggravated child abuse leading to death of a minor child, but that she should receive the ultimate penalty.

Certainly, the Anthonys have a _very understandable_ interest and prayer that their daughter not be put to death. I would be the same if I were in their shoes. I suspect that most people here would feel the same.

However, the problem for me in giving LWOP, is the fact that the citizens of Florida are inclusively an aggrieved party, because of Ms Casey's delaying, lying actions.

Also, many others, including Roy Kronk and even Casey's own father were specifically slandered and even accused of very serious crimes by her DT, at Casey's direction.

This fiasco has cost the citizens of Florida an excessive amount of tax dollars because of her pouting lies and selfishness which burned resources better used for other things (schools? teachers? more police protection? pothole repair?) that are _far_ more important than her massive selfish ego.

The citizens deserve to have that sort of _very expensive_, lying behavior deterred in the future.

The decison for me would be 1st degree pre-meditated murder and the ultimate sanction for this self-centered murderess. I believe the jury will deliberate the balance of today, the 4th, and return their verdict in the morning, after sleeping on their decision.

My rapidly shrinking 2 cents.

I know that ICA pled guilty on the check charges last year but I don't remember what her sentence was, does anyone know? I'm thinking that regardless of the verdict she still won't be going home/free after this trial? Please tell me she still has time to serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith