2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported that ICA is being held at the courthouse. The defense team went to lunch and I haven't heard where they are. Why do I have this picture in my head??

JB: OK, who's going to go over there and sit with her?
CM: Not me. I'm old and tired.
DS: Not me. I had enough of her tugging on me during trial. Egad, I thought she would NEVER leave me alone.
EF: Not me. She always want to wear my clothes.

Funny {and probably right on} TO !!

I found this interesting coming from the jurors on the Scott Peterson case.

Jurors said they were influenced by a key prosecution argument: that Peterson killed his wife so he could enjoy a bachelor lifestyle. "While they were looking for his wife and son, he was romancing his girlfriend," said jury foreman Steve Cardosi, a paramedic. "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense at all."

Sound kind of familiar?

According to WFTV:

Whenever there is a jury verdict, George and Cindy Anthony have indicated that they will meet with reporters and give a statement.

Sigh.

And so the tour begins.

I actually think it's a good thing for them to do. Reporters will be bothering them for weeks trying to get them to say something. Better get it over with quickly.

Bill Schaeffer and his associates were just talking the jurors and how many of them knew much about the case before they were chosen as jurors. I didn't hear the whole thing. Did anyone hear it? I'm wondering how many of the jurors knew very little about the case before they were chosen. Does anyone remember this?

I heard it, they will probably repeat it again as they have at least twice today.

I have a list somewhere and I watched Jury selection, but most had not heard much or admitted to it.
One had never heard anything at all.(young female nursing student)
I'm sure others here know and remember more.

I bet wftv.com has a list on their site somewhere

The jurors in the SP trial did not deliberate for 8 hours as I've seen posted but for a week or so. So we gotta be patient :)

He basically said there were two jurors who were pretty "pristine" meaning almost blank slates with almost no knowledge about the case.

Do we not have any lip readers watching? It shouldn't be too difficult to determine what Casey is saying in the video here?

Did everyone notice that the female attorney (what is her name?) sitting to Casey's left has "bumped" her several times, i.e. it appears intentional and as if to say "Stop...calm down, don't let anyone see this."

I actually think it's a good thing for them to do. Reporters will be bothering them for weeks trying to get them to say something. Better get it over with quickly.

I really feel for both of them. I think they should make that one statement, and include in it : We hope you will respect our need for privacy...We will not be making anymore statements in the near future... or something like that.

3 hrs?? Even in Texas, you must have a big yard or a very slow lawnmower! So glad you survived the heat!

I think it was 3, it usually is, but today it may have been less. Kept asking teens what time I went out and they don't know!! It's an acre and not level at all so even on a rider it takes a bit. Sitting here watching Arthur on PBS eating a salad and taking a break.

I'll bet the verdict is tomorrow. When I'm at work, of course.

The jurors in the SP trial did not deliberate for 8 hours as I've seen posted but for a week or so. So we gotta be patient :)

I'm the girl that tells people what is in the present I bought them before they open it. Patience is not my strongest suit. And I'm getting sleepy. :(

OMG, why are people going to the Anthony neighborhood?!?!?!?!

Bill Schaeffer and his associates were just talking the jurors and how many of them knew much about the case before they were chosen as jurors. I didn't hear the whole thing. Did anyone hear it? I'm wondering how many of the jurors knew very little about the case before they were chosen. Does anyone remember this?

He said only juror #3, a female didn't know anything about the case.

I really feel for both of them. I think they should make that one statement, and include in it : We hope you will respect our need for privacy...We will not be making anymore statements in the near future... or something like that.

i agree. They should. But I don't think Cindy can.

Beth K was just reporting from the 23rd floor but was interrupted by an announcement of some sort by an OC Court Deputy.

Beth K was just reporting from the 23rd floor but was interupted by an announcement of some sort by a OC Court Deputy.

she said "just housekeeping matters" but they told them they could not do any interviews in the hallways...........????

I heard only 1 juror, a nursing student had never heard anything about this case. She's the only one, all others were at least familiar with it. There were only a couple that I remember that had actually followed the case but said they could put their opinions aside and follow the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd