TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Speculating and hypothetical here...supposed she had information which led her to believe that MP "had company" after she left. That would tick her off enough to leave early and miss events with AD and not see the foal too. Might be a reason for her to make sure LE was there when she got there.

I could almost entertain this idea except that I think the children would have been terribly disappointed to leave without seeing the foal, and I doubt she would have done that to them.

By this point, I doubt it would have even surprised her to hear that Matt had company.

oriah, the storms actually occured BEFORE she disappeared (apr 27) not after...

I have (yes, yet another!) random question for locals.

I'm having a difficult time, considering the timeframe of Gail's disappearance relative to the severe weather occuring just afterwards; to utilize the standard approach to vehicles submerged in water- which, imvho, is tire tracks.

That said, traces of where a vehicle may have gone into a body of water (surrounding the first, let's say, 48 hours) would likely have been erased by the following storms and rainfall.

Now this is my question for locals: How many boat ramps and/or deep water access points are there in a radius of Gail's last known phone pings?

Does Raccoon Mnt fit into any of those categories?

TIA....

Abducted from the driveway seems likely given the little we know. I just keep wondering though, if she was abducted from home, wouldn't they want money? She had no credit cards or cash on her as far as we know.

[bbm]

I think the goal was for her to disappear.

oriah, the storms actually occured BEFORE she disappeared (apr 27) not after...

Am I misreading the history? I thought the storm system came from the southwest to the northeast. Up through Alabama and into TN prior to, and then moved east/ne after the 27th.

Is that incorrect? :waitasec:

Anyone for new thread????

I can't think of anywhere else where GP or her vehicle would not have been found yet if she had taken her own life.

snipped by me

I would think that someone thinking of committing suicide would have a much easier time picking a good "hiding" spot than someone who was trying to hide a body. If she did herself harm, she could have driven anywhere, down any road or trail, to the water, etc. If a police officer or anyone else stopped her to question, she could say she was lost, thought her car was having trouble, etc. Someone with a body on their hands to dispose of would want it gone as fast as possible. If they were to be stopped by anyone, they could be found out.

As I pointed out to someone else, just this morning, the perfect hiding places are usually right out in the open. Does anyone remember about 20 years ago, a lady over in Villanow, GA going missing. They searched for her for days and found nothing. She was finally found just down the street from her home, propped up against a tree. Right out in plain sight, on a fairly well travelled road. No one noticed because it was normal. She looked like she was sitting there enjoying a summer afternoon, or reading a book. If you happened to glance at her, it didn't strike you as unnatural.

So, that's my thoughts for this morning.

Yes AD did....and that's something I'm still swirling around in my mind. Why take the kids 4 hrs away from home to tell them something like this and have them emotionally upset for the continuance of the stay, plus the drive home? Makes no sense to me.... at all. And as happy409 has pointed out above, why didn't Matt just tell the children Friday...at home and then go to his mother's or a hotel since he told her he was going to file on Tues. He could have used Friday to rent a condo, told the children on Saturday and left for some piece :slap: on Sunday.

I wondered if the children may have preferred the lake house to "home." If it were usually just them and Gail there, it probably was a much more peaceful place.

If the plan was for him to come down, then he and Gail talk with them together, and then he leave for them to work on processing all that was said, I think that might have been a good plan.

I think the locals said there was rain a few days later, but the tornado/storm went thru on the 27th.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

We had violent weather in the area from approximately 9 AM until about midnight on the 27th. We had MANY tornados, ranging all the way up the "F" scale. I think one of our F-4's has been officially upgraded to F-5.

This may be a helpful link: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/srh/ssd/mapping/

This is an interesting post, and I snipped this part because I think a lot of us have wondered the same thing. It does seem, based on the FB drama, that KN and his wife are more upset about FB and publicity than DN is.

and I doubt they need FB drama in their lives right now. They have enough to deal with. .

It's not often that we agree here, but on these points we seem to.

Just some thoughts that I have been wondering, DN lives in NY. It seems that she and Gail at least kept in touch, although I don't get the feeling that they were really close. KN and wife live in FL. He and Gail were on outs and didn't speak. The other brother, James, he lived in FL. I wonder how the relationship between him and KN was? Him and Gail? Admittedly, I listened to the Jammer show on a ipod with a car full of excited kids, but I think it was stated that James had committed suicide. Is that not correct? Is that something that KN doesn't want brought up? Could be he was close to James and it is something that he doesn't care to bring out again.

There are lots of disagreement among the players on this case. Even DN and KN seem to have disagreements. I agree with you that none of them need the FB drama. I think that the time for a publicity push has come and gone on this case. Yes, people still need to be watching for the jeep, or anything odd that could be connected to the case, but talking on radio shows, group searches, etc. they don't seem to be helpful in this case.

Messages of Hope:

Goodrich said that what touches her the most about Palmgren's disappearance is the fact that she is a mother with two small children, and she cannot imagine how they feel not being able to have answers.

"We can deal with tragedy, we can deal with hope, but not to know is a very difficult thing," Goodrich said.

http://www.nooga.com/8747_vigil-for-gail-palmgren-hopes-to-raise-awareness-find-answers/

7released-1-525x700.jpg

snipped by me

I would think that someone thinking of committing suicide would have a much easier time picking a good "hiding" spot than someone who was trying to hide a body. If she did herself harm, she could have driven anywhere, down any road or trail, to the water, etc. If a police officer or anyone else stopped her to question, she could say she was lost, thought her car was having trouble, etc. Someone with a body on their hands to dispose of would want it gone as fast as possible. If they were to be stopped by anyone, they could be found out.

As I pointed out to someone else, just this morning, the perfect hiding places are usually right out in the open. Does anyone remember about 20 years ago, a lady over in Villanow, GA going missing. They searched for her for days and found nothing. She was finally found just down the street from her home, propped up against a tree. Right out in plain sight, on a fairly well travelled road. No one noticed because it was normal. She looked like she was sitting there enjoying a summer afternoon, or reading a book. If you happened to glance at her, it didn't strike you as unnatural.

So, that's my thoughts for this morning.

Suicide victims can't hide their cars, though.

And by now, with this heat and with scavengers, nothing would look "normal" about a body.

There was the lady from East Ridge who disappeared just after Gail. They found her car in Sequatchie but couldn't find her until they did a large-scale search of the area. But the point is, they found the car first.

Where is the jeep? Yes, it could be hidden somewhere just off the road - on a logging or hunting road, perhaps. But whatever happened to Gail, that Jeep didn't disappear into thin air.

Am I misreading the history? I thought the storm system came from the southwest to the northeast. Up through Alabama and into TN prior to, and then moved east/ne after the 27th.

Is that incorrect? :waitasec:

We had four very powerful cells come through on the 27th..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie