2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to lie down. I am exhausted! TRU TV or HLN? HLN or TRU TV? Sure wished I liked my laptop more. :(

awwww JB must have missed going out on the boat with GR yesterday

On WFTV they just reported that there were 9 months of testimony in the O.J. case, and the verdict came back in 4 hrs. I had no idea. Crazy.

Are we calculating days based on hours? I was just thinking, the jury has already deliberated for a day, if it's calculated that way.

I remember that. The OJ jury announced they had a verdict then went home to sleep before the verdict was revealed the next morning. (I was on east coast and watched it during lunc

There was a lot of media criticism about the short deliberation, if i recall correctly, that the jury didn't take it seriously enough. Since then, I don't remember any long-winded high profile case going through deliberations that fast. I think juries in high-profile cases are conscious of this, and take their time a little more.

I do remember being SURE something was wrong during Scott Peterson. deliberations, lol. 7 days or more? Afterwards, the jurors said there were no big disagreements on the guilty verdict, they just wanted to review everything to be sure everyone was comfortable.

Can the property owners sue the A's for KC using their land as the place where KC put Caylee's body?

if she is found quilty of 1st degree murder do the jurors get to go home and then come back to determine her sentence or do they do it immediately after while still being sequestered?

Just heard the lady in the press room say that the jury would remain sequestered and penalty phase would begin 48 hours after verdict. She said if verdict came today--penalty phase would begin on Thursday.

Can you steal from other prisoners accounts? If not how will ICA ever survive... :floorlaugh: Sorry couldn't resist :)

Miss ICA will have to learn the art of prison bartering!!:waitasec:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcMvn9azxc"]YouTube - ‪Prison Economy‬‏[/ame]

OMG, I couldn't sleep so I just came out here, turned on InSession and they're saying something about a half hour and a verdict.

Its in a commercial now, but am I hearing correctly? My hands are shaking...

NO! Phew huh? :)

My son is a defense attorney who is completely committed to giving the best defense he can to his clients.

He's disgusted by Baez.

Thank you for posting this. I was hoping to hear from some defense attorneys. I don't believe that "anything" should be permissable in this justice system to get a client off. That is not safeguarding our justice system.
Protecting defendants from overzealous prosecutors and LE that is unethical and too interested in producing results, regardless of truth, is what attorneys need to guard against. Not just lying to try to create reasonable doubt. We are all interested in justice, right?

My GYN told me they will see teens to dispense BC, etc but will NOT do pelvics unless there is a SERIOUS medical problem. When I was a teen, I went to a BC clinic until I had some issues then I took myself to the GYN, parents never even knew I was going until my senior year.

I would think it would be standard operating procedure, before dispensing any meds (including bc) for the gyn to do a pelvic exam. I'm not sure I would trust the credentials of a dr. who didn't, regardless of age.

Do we know if juror #4 was an alternate? What about the IT guy? Was he an alternate?

It would be really annoying to be an alternate in this trial. To have lost six weeks of your life sequestered and poring over some very disturbing evidence and then it turns out it was all for nothing, you aren't needed to decide anything.

I just had to run out for a few minutes and put my TV on "pause"...that way it just stays put until I got back, like a video...

Continuing on WFTV, Susan Smith jury deliberated for 2 1/2 hours. That makes me nervous a bit. I'd think it would take longer, but if they came back so fast, does that say anything about potential disagreements on this jury?
Only thing about the Susan Smith trial is that she confessed to it.

a guy lifer in fl prisons said 'the first thing you learn in prison is to wear your boots in the shower'. no link, his wife told me that.

We need some other method than text alert.. I have read that others as well as myself that their phone is not able to get alerts.. I do not want a text when verdict HAS been read, I need a text with the 30 minute window to rush home IF I am out.

I need a site that doesnt send "alert" but I can acutally put in my cell number and have a regular text sent to me.. I am almost at the point where I am going to ask my fellow websluthers to let me give them my cell number and they text me the 30 minute alert.

I am home today for the most part but at 445 pm I HAVE to take my daugher to cheer practice which will be from 445 to 730pm

Isn't that what the Orlando Sentinel site does?

If Casey is found guilty of second degree murder (even if she spends life in prison) I will be absolutely devastated. Duct-tape = premeditated murder. They can also vote for felony murder which would be 1degree murder. It needs to be officially stated that she MURDERED her own helpless little daughter in COLD BLOOD. She needs to hear it, she needs to know that we know and we all need closure.

We need some other method than text alert.. I have read that others as well as myself that their phone is not able to get alerts.. I do not want a text when verdict HAS been read, I need a text with the 30 minute window to rush home IF I am out.

I need a site that doesnt send "alert" but I can acutally put in my cell number and have a regular text sent to me.. I am almost at the point where I am going to ask my fellow websluthers to let me give them my cell number and they text me the 30 minute alert.

I am home today for the most part but at 445 pm I HAVE to take my daugher to cheer practice which will be from 445 to 730pm

This site will send a text saying "verdict is in"..I even got one last night saying "juror dismissed for day".

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...rack=orl-mark-promo-news-casey-anthony-alerts

I'm having a hard time watching JB's closing so I still haven't gotten through all of it even though I have watched all of the State's closing and rebuttal.

JB has no respect for the court or anyone else. Everyone is lying about Casey but Casey. I understand that it is the job of the defense to attack the evidence as presented but his implication that all that the state has manufactured evidence and that all of these people are lying to convict ICA is hugely disturbing.

IMO it is the Defense's job to insure that the defendant's rights are upheld, that they get a fair trial, to questions evidence that should be questioned but JB is making a mockery of our justice system.

Yesterday Bill S said JB had to be careful about that because the Jury really liked some of the witnesses- namely Yuri Melich. He said when we would see him smile and nod at the jury after getting off the stand, it was in RESPONSE to the jury's smiles and nods, showing they liked/respected him. It can turn some people off to see respected officials being called liars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod