• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the defense painted a picture of an abuse victim during jury selection already, but they did not show any evidence of abuse in trial. I still don`t understand how Baez could make those claims in court. The jury is only human, they are not computers who just calculate evidence.

If the jury is to have no prejudices about the case, it should not be permitted ti implant prejudice during jury selection.

Personally, I think the first thing she'll do is get a guy, spend time drinking, and get a new tattoo that says, "Murder Pays".

I believe there were guys writing her in prison so maybe she's got a plan.

Hi All,
I didn't have all the background info you all had - knew about the case in the beginning - knew the original stories and knew that they had found her body. I didn't know anything about Roy Kronk - didn't know that he had reported finding a skull in August - didn't know anything about Dominic Casey and that whole line. I had never read any of the statements made by the witnesses etc. I really only had what was presented in the court. I watched almost the whole trial and the parts I missed I read transcripts from here. Last night my BF asked me what I thought the verdict would be and I said that I thought she did it but I had doubts - but if I was in that jury room I know I could not have voted guily. Too many doubts - too many lies from witnesses. Roy Kronks testimony was a big problem to me and the fact that the state didn't call him also made me question why. At the end of the trial - there were too many witnesses that I had to say I can't believe them because they lied either on the stand or in their statements. It made the whole case suspect to me. To me it is simple - the state did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't think the jury should be suspect at all for their findings. JMO

Besides the fact that no one is going to pay for Caylee's murder, what really bothers me is that JB's career is set now. That he can continue to be as smug and arrogant as he is. And, IMO, he does not deserve to be that smug and arrogant.

The thought of that really grinds my gears. All JB, CM, and DCS now must be convinced they are "all that," and Casey probably thinks she is awesome. Cindy gets the message that she can do and say whatever she wants and win. Ugh! Smugness all around for people who don't deserve it, IMO.

I just don't understand how she didn't at least get manslaughter. It's almost as if the jury thought it was the DP or nothing, no in between choice. How could they learn about the 31 days and hear the jail phone calls, how could they agree that she lied to LE, and still think she had nothing to do with what happened to Caylee? They couldn't possibly have believed that whole convoluted story about George and Kronk, could they?

I guess they just dismissed what went over their heads, which apparently was a lot. I suspect they were in a hurry to get it over and done with so they could go home. I am so disappointed and heart sick.

I am so sick about this. When the clerk read that verdict I almost had a heart attack, screaming at my tv. I am so mad. And now the defense is over there at that bar drinking champagne. Sick just sick.

You know the jury knows people are mad that is why they didn't want to talk to the reporters. They completly screwed this up....

I can't talk. I'll just resectfully quote your post and say ditto.
No justice for Caylee.
I am ashamed of the American Justice System.
My 20 year old son...who thinks the amount of time I have spent following this case has been absurd...just called me to say what a joke our justice system is. Even he in his limited knowledge believed Casey was guilty.
Now, I'll just have to believe Karma will be at work...for the entire family.

I am suffering flashbacks to the OJ trial. Look how OJ led his life after trial and look where he is today!! I only hope it takes less time for ICA to get what's coming to her.

Yes, I think the jury got it wrong.
The minute JB said it was an accidental drowning, doubt in the jury's mind.
The only person who can make this right is George, he has to file a civil suit against Casey for the wrongful death of his granddaughter, he is the only one, besides Casey, that there was no drowning that morning.

One of the things that sickens me the most is that we will have to listen to LKB crowing about this on the news shows. She is revolting.

I voted the jury got it wrong, that's just how I see it. Not the first time and won't be the last time I guess.

So just what in h3ll do they think happened to Caylee. How in the world can 12 people all believe that she is not guilty of ANYTHING, nothing, nada. Absolutely unbelievable. Seems to me that they just rewarded a murderer for being good enough to hide the body well enough for long enough that no physical evidence remained. Did they even consider that?

Good that they did not speak afterwards ... they should be ashamed and maybe they will be when they find out how much they never got to hear about this case.

I'm so heartbroken that Caylee Marie Anthony will never have justice and her killer becomes a very rich celebrity.

My 20 year old son...who thinks the amount of time I have spent following this case has been absurd...just called me to say what a joke our justice system is. Even he in his limited knowledge believed Casey was guilty.
Now, I'll just have to believe Karma will be at work...for the entire family.

KARMA is right! most of the family will notice everyday of their lives that beautiful Caylee isn't there while they watch <modsnip ICA> party it up and live the "beautiful life!"

One of the things that sickens me the most is that we will have to listen to LKB crowing about this on the news shows. She is revolting.

All of those shows are now banned in my house. I won't listen to any of them anymore...if I ever have to see LKB again it will be too soon.

If Casey is what most of us believe she is, she'll be back. This isn't the last we'll hear of her. It took awhile, but look where OJ is now.

did the state not prove their case, or did the DT create resonable doubt?

The jury got it wrong, but not because of inadequate evidence. Because the state overstepped by pursuing the death penalty.

Yes, there was doubt, but the word is REASONABLE doubt. If you don't have REASONABLE doubt, they you have to find guilty. This was a travesty. I think that jury just wanted out. I just heard on it was only TWO jurors who swayed the verdict toward not guilty.

The Jury is disgraceful... they just let a child murderer go free. One last final insult to Caylee- they have symbolically dumped her in the trash once more.

This 'jury' wanted an actual video of Casey murdering Caylee. They probably wouldn't even have given her guilty for lying to the cops except that there was audio of it. WHAT A JOKE.

Makes the wink from Casey and Baez's little gun victory earlier today look rather more sinister to me now.
How could this happen, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member