• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jury got it wrong.So wrong that I'm suspicious.
The State did a great job and that's all they needed to do. Something else is at play ,here .We may never know what.

I'm still in shock.
I hope I never get emotionally involved in something like this again.

I hope the jail tape from the day Caylee was found is unsealed.

The only thing left to say is GOOD LUCK ,CINDY !Better lock up your shovels and checkbooks.

I just listened to the alternate juror. I am shocked and can't believe it. Not impressed at all...

Where can I hear this person speak?

I guess the DT really did a great job with jury selection.

Russ Hueckler alternate juror now on with Vinnie Politano:

"I agree with their verdict wholeheartedly"

"The pros did not prove their case....no answer how Caylee died...probably a horrific accident that dad and Casey covered up and it snowballed and got away from them"

"From what we understand it was such a horrific accident they didn't know how to deal with it"

"That's a really good question" as to why GA would make an accident look like murder..."I thought he was very combatant with Mr. Baez and that he was hiding something"

Do you believe remains were in Casey's car? "I had a hard time believing that...especially with one hair being found"...didn't buy the chloroform....could have been attributed to cleaning products....didn't see a picture of the stain that could have been decomposing material....GA was ex police.....if he smelled a decomposing body why didn't he call LE right away?.....why did he take the vehicle home and try to clean it?

Vinnie: LE who smelled death were not credible? Alt Juror: Not all smelled the odor that day. Casey's lies didn't affect him a whole lot because what was coming out during the trial was how dysfunctional her whole family was....there was no evidence of abuse by GA of CA....did not affect the way they viewed GA....thinks whoever got rid of the body was responsible for the duct tape being on the skull, but not intentionally, just a result of duct tape being on the bags, etc.
***END***

Well now I'm disappointed. I was waiting for some reason the jury had that I could say "I guess I understand that line of thinking" or "I'd never looked at that piece of evidence that way before, etc."

Someone on TV said maybe after all this time they were just tired and wanted to go home, and I thought that was crazy, but now I have to say there might be something to that. How can he reason that GA being ex-LE he would have called 911 if the body smelled like decomp, then say GA, being ex-LE would have dumped a body near his home with items easily traceable to his home, or GA, being ex-LE, would have discovered this drowning and then just gone to work as if nothing had happened?? How do you say GA was combative with JB on the stand and you have a suspicion he's hiding something, and look at all ICA's lies and not wonder what she's trying to hide? Do they know that if they subscribe to this bogus theory of GA/CA covering up a morning drowning that CA spends the rest of the day casually texting friends and uploading pics from Fusian? Did they even get to look at the evidence of what she actually did that day??? So they believe that GA laid in bed next to CA every night as she cried and panicked about her missing granddaughter and just let her go on like that? I could see ICA being that callous, since she was, but BOTH of them? If they don't believe Caylee was in the trunk, how do they think she got to Suburban drive?

I think one commentator today summed it up best: The CSI effect is replacing common sense. It's supposed to still be okay to deliberate using common sense. In fact, it's required. How can they think Dr. G.'s testimony was not common sense?

I am totally blown away by what the alternate juror said. What he based his opinion on is truly scary. You cannot convince me he used any common sense. You just can't.

It was very scary. Common sense was not even considered. It was as if they took the easiest and quickest way. I'm not sure there was any difference of opinion in that jury room at any time.

I cannot believe the alternative juror said they believed Baez arguments on George's credibility, lack of body being in the car, the pet cemetery thing, dysfunctional family, etc.

I could see reasonable doubt maybe but I cannot see how they could have bought all those arguments! Especially the body not being in that car,

I cannot believe that they questioned why George nor Mr. Birch did not call 911 when they smelled the smell....

What about Casey not calling 911 from any kind of accident? Really?

IMO, KC was surprised when the "not guilty" verdicts were read by the court reporter. I think KC expected the jury to find her guilty of at least one of the felony charges.

MOO

We have worked ourselves into a system where we only allow people on juries who do not keep up on current events, and care little to nothing about their communities, because we do not want anyone who could possibly prejudge the case. We then end up surprised when we get an outrageous verdict from uneducated, uninspired, and uninvolved(not being involved, instead of not evolved or advanced) individuals. Somehow in this country we need to accept that if an intelligent caring person who knows about the case, can access themselves saying they are able to judge fairly, then we need to believe them. In this case I could not have judged fairly, but I could have in OJ's case.

Plus many times you end up with people who don't work, don't have responsibilities, are on disability, etc. Remember the people who were obsessing about who would mow their lawns, and other absurdities? Time for some 3 judge panels to start deciding these things. The idea of a woman who said she can't judge people being on the jury is just bizarre.

If the jury feels the same way as the alternate interviewed, I will be horrified and angry.

Thank you, guys, for the run down!

These jurors let us all down, they were lazy and expected to be handed a written confession or video of the crime being committed they refused to use their brains to sort through the scientific evidence, obviously failed to understand the definition of "reasonable doubt".

I am appalled that my hard earned tax dollars were wasted on this travesty of justice, these jurors forgot that a beautiful little girl named Caylee Marie Anthony died and was dumped like a piece of trash in a swamp, regardless of who they thought did it the fact remains that Casey was her mother and that she was responsible for protecting and caring for Caylee and should have even extended to her child's corpse and letting the body lie in a swamp to be eaten by scavenging animals is abuse.

I feel devastated by this today and my faith in our judicial system is shattered.

Russ Hueckler alternate juror now on with Vinnie Politano:

"I agree with their verdict wholeheartedly"

This makes me feel so strongly that all of these jurors, alternates included, discussed this amongst each other throughout this trial. They started deliberating long before yesterday. IMO.

Just announced by Vinnie Politan that Jeff Ashton is retiring. This was his last case.

Fact-Casey did not report Caylee missing for 31 days...If I were a juror I'm afraid I'd have hung the jury because no one would be able to convice me that the purpose of that was to hope evidence would be destroyed!

Vinnie P is losing it...he is extremely upset with the verdict. He hashed it out with LKB and threw his pencil down..he was truly upset....
Like he said, Caylee left the baby in the swamp to rot.............and she is just going to walk away a free woman..............

I saw that and it was priceless...Way to Go Vinnie P. Jean Casras also said that Roseline Bolin (sp??) Was in the resturant where the "victory celebration" ....UGH!...was going on.....................SICK......JUST........SICK!

Well now I'm disappointed. I was waiting for some reason the jury had that I could say "I guess I understand that line of thinking" or "I'd never looked at that piece of evidence that way before, etc."

Me too. I was so hoping they would come out and say, 'well, we think she probably did it, but there just wasn't enough for us to connect all the dots'.

I think maybe I could have lived with that.

I saw this on Facebook update:
Please pass it long!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^l |^^^^^^^^^^| |P
| ♥~♥ NO JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE ♥~♥ ||”"”;..\___.
|……_______________| l______________l _||__|…, ]P
“(@)’(@)”""""""*l'(@)l'(@)l """"""""""""""(@)'(@)""""'(@)
...Put this on your status & Keep this Convoy Going.

The sky is falling. ICA gets to be just lying Casey again. Jeff Ashton retires. Caylee's death is not avenged. I am heartbroken and stunned that the jurors could not get in touch with their common sense.

MOO, she made a pact with the Devil.

I am heartsick I am still in shock they didn't ask to review one piece of evidence how is that deliberation my faith in the Justice System took a fatal hit. I was shocked over OJ but he was a celebrity but this one I can't understand whatsoever

but I saw this tweet and thought I would share
tweeted from #casey anthony
In an unrelated event, all 12 Casey Anthony jurors report that they intended to vote for Al Gore but accidentally voted for Pat Buchanan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288