For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that people would stop hounding the jury about their verdict. I would hope that they are not harrassed in anyway either. Leave them alone, and others should not condone their harrassment either. Someone else posted in another thread about an obscene sign greeting them on their way home. I think that people should shift the blame game from the jury to the prosecution, as the jury was not responsible for what evidence was presented in court. I agree with Lisa's post above, perhaps if they had been shown additional evidence, it would have mattered, but they were not, and that fault lies with the prosecution.

I certainly agree it is wrong to hassle or even confront the jury in person (and that includes things like putting up signs in their front yards).

That being said, a criminal trial is a public event intended to heal a social "breach." Debating the verdict is part of the process and jurors just have to take that heat. (Again, I mean on message boards and editorial pages; nobody has a right to accost a juror personally.)

(ETA, BTW and FWIW, I was on a jury that convicted a man for 2nd degree murder. In the only press coverage in those pre-internet days, the bitter defense attorney described my fellow jurors and I as heartless and racist. (Of course he didn't know that the African-American jurors took the hardest line during deliberations.) Yeah, it stung, but that's part of being a grown-up.)

For the record, I think she is a stone cold killer. I have been studying sociopaths too long not to peg her. I do respectfully appreciate all of the people here who gave their reasoning why she was found not guilty. And I can see your point on a lot of things.

I guess my judgement is jaded because I (and we all) know things that the jury did not have access to. That is something they will have to live with if they ever bother to delve into the material and find out the truth.

Two things bother me. (1) I think the prosecution was overzealous in their pursuit of the DP. She most definitely deserved it in my opinion, but too many jurors were opposed to it. They might have had a better shot at a lesser charge. (2) It really, really bothers me that the jury only spent 10 HOURS going over the evidence. I'm sorry, but that is not enough time to go over hundreds of pieces of evidence. So IMO they did NOT do their job. That's neither here nor there, it is over now. I think I could have handled their verdict better if I felt they at least gave it (and Caylee) the respect of looking at all the hard work the state put into it.

I do agree that people can do very peculiar things when they are grieving or freaking out. It was the sum of the all the peculiar things that got me. The "mama bear" in me wants to ring her neck for hurting her child, but if I try to distance myself and put myself in other people's shoes, I have to concede that just because somebody did not behave the way I would have, that is not a reason to convict. However, there was just too much to make me feel she was guilty of deliberatly hurting her child. I now believe she was angrier at George than she was Cindy, but she hurt that child in a fit of anger because of her hate for them and because she wanted to party. I think Caylee was acting up one particular time, she snapped, and she killed her. I really, honestly believe it was that simple. And she managed to get away with it.

I know you are quoting a previous post. I'm responding to you so it doesn't look like I'm picking on the OP.

What KC did during the "31 days" wasn't just odd, it was deliberately calculated to postpone discovery of the body. That isn't "kooky grieving", it's a criminal act for personal gain. Big difference.

Lisa0477 you bring up a good point that I had briefly wondered about the other day when listening to JA's closing argument..

I was so very disappointed that SA went the route of it being Caylee's age and progression in communicating/talking therefor soon would be telling the truth that momma ain't gotta job and there sure ain't a Zanny Nanny that we stay at.. That's momma's boyfriend, Ricardo..

I hated that very "iffy" scenario was used as the actual motive for killing Caylee.. And the main reason I hate it so much is because I don't feel it's true.. IMO the true motive of "why" is the exact reason that Cindy has fought so damn hard for Casey's life!!

The motive that took things from zero to 60 in a blink of an eye and IMO had Caylee dead less than 24short hours after it all occurred.. That incident was Cindy Anthony's final straw that broke all hell loose.. Resulting with not only Cindy going ALL THE WAY with Casey verbally but very much physically as well.. Cindy having just returned from a days visit with Caylee to see Cindy's dad in the retirement home(most recognize this video as it is where we saw Caylee sing "You are my Sunshine" and sat on her Papaws lap.. The last video of Caylee, June 15,2008.. And IMO Caylee was dead less than 24 hrs after the video was made).. Cindy while on this day visit she learned of Casey's thieving ways were now being used on her elderly parents and stealing hundreds of dollars from her dad's fixed income for payment for the home he was living in.. Cindy found out from her mom that this theft had occurred while during her visit that day..

It was the straw that broke the camels back and damn it this is one thing I side with Cindy and fully understand her breaking point.. Casey had been stealing from her parents.. Literally hundreds of checks and thousands of dollars.. And once Cindy learned that Casey now had the gall to steal like this from her grandparents, Cindy's parents on a fixed income.. Well.. Cindy broke.. She literally lost it on Casey that night.. IMO all well deserved and Casey had it coming..*

This was the fight of all fights between these two who My God obviously these two clash horns and butt heads on a regular basis.. But this was different IMO Cindy really really let it all out.. And I mean let every bit of it all hang out.. She was fed up and she was gonna be damned if this spoiled bratty beeeotch daughter of hers was not gonna dare go there(stealing)from Cindy's elderly parents.. She lost It!!! She lost it!!! I mean Cindy really lost it!! Telling and calling Casey all of the things she had wanted to call her and say to her for years.. I bet it was pretty damn brutal for little Miss Casey who was the family's thieving liar thT tended to get away with chit.. Yea pretty much get away with murder(pun intended) and now Cindy had her fill and it was all being slung in Casey's face like nothing she had ever ever experienced.. Thet included and I believe pretty much drew to a close the entire Cindy breaking bad on Casey fiasco.. And that was George having tO literally peel his wife and her hands literally off of and away from Miss Casey's neck..

You guys this is the damn motive!! It is the very event that resulted in less than 24 hrs later Caylee was dead..

U see Casey/Caylee immediately hauled *advertiser censored* out of the Anthony home that night after George had peeled her mother off of her.. This is what made Casey decide late on the night of June 15th, actually still Fathers Day, to forever take the one great joy, precious love that without a doubt Casey knew would be the ULTIMATE KNIFE IN HER MOTHERS HEART!!!

Casey murdered Caylee not outta fear of Caylee talking.. Nope.. Casey murdered that child
In cold blood out of sheer hatred, venomous hatred at that moment for her mom, Cindy.. Casey would teach Cindy the ULTIMATE LESSON NOT TO EVER EFF WITH HER BECAUSE MOM WHEN YOU DO YOU BETTER DAMN WELL BELIEVE I WILL MAKE YOU PAY.. and she did.. She murdered Caylee because she had the utmost of seething hate, resentment, and in that moment straight up cold hearted revenge .. Casey killed Caylee that night of the 15th..

And the story that we now are led to believe is that Casey Caylee didn't leave the house the night of the 15th.. 100% denial that the fight of all fights even had occurred the night of the 15th.. Nope.. The story now goes that Casey/Caylee spent the night there at home the night of the 15th and then as many may then remember the part(that is actually 100% fabricated) is that George was home that day the 16th watching a cooking show when Casey/Caylee came thru the living room where he was as they were leaving with Caylee's little backpack..1pm on the 16th last to see Casey/Caylee as Casey was off to work at Universal and to drop Cays at Zanny the Nanny's.:

That ^above^ is a complete fAbrication..you know why? And at whose direction it was to lie, fabricate, and create
A completely false scenario as the last time Casey and Caylee were seen before the start of the now infamous "31days"???..

I know someone upthread made mention of there being possible fabricated "scripts" that Casey were told to follow and that they were created by George.. Nope.. Not George..

It was at Cindy's absolute direction that this completely false account of Casey and Caylee's last being seen to be leaving the Anthony home was at 1pm on June 16th..NOT ON THE NITE OF JUNE 15th AFTER THIS HELLACIOUS FIGHT BTWN CINDY/Casey.. Instead the fabrication doesn't even have Cindy present, but rather she was at work, George home to see his daughter/granddaughter off to work at his daughter's make believe job and Cays off to the make believe Nanny named Zanny!!

This ^above^ is the script.. This is a false, completely untrue fabricated story.. Fabricated by Cindy and per her direction George was to stick with the script.. Why?.. I think the answer is obvious.. But it's all about the hellacious fight to end all fights.. The usual very much in control, leader of this family, Cindy Anthony's breaking point that sent her to a literal point of no return.. Her losing control on Casey in a way that IMO probably even scared and shook up Cindy, herself once calmed down and realizing the full extent of just how far she had gone with Casey..

It is that very event that Cindy without a shadow of a single doubt knows 110% that is what then sent Casey over the edge and resulted in little Caylee's life being forever extinguished.. Cindy knows just as well as she knows her very own name.. And because of Cindy's guilt and shame of having went that far with Casey.. Along with that she has also sadly taken on the burden of guilt and shame of her actions being the very spark to ignite the murderous anger that her daughter then took out on Caylee by killing as the ULTIMATE OF PUNISHMENT all directed at/on Cindy..

It is Cindy's self induced guilt and shame and carrying the burden of feeling in a way indirectly responsible for Caylee's life being lost that fateful night of June 15th..

It is that very event that is 100% the reason why the last time Casey/Caylee were seen was completely made up and fabricated.. It was to cover up the hell that broke loose in the Anthony home the night of the 15th involving herself
And Casey.. It was to keep that detail out.. To make it as tho it never even occurred. And Cindy even under oath, without even blinking an eye absolutely 100% now denies it happened.. But it did..*

And because Cindy knows not only it did occur but the guilt of what she feels at fault for and IMO will never forgive herself for.. It is every bit of the reason you have seen her fight, and I mean even unusually, fight fiercely to defend and truly even fiercely feels the need to even save Casey from suffering punishable by law consequences to her murdering Caylee.. Cindy feels it is the least she can do since she feels that it was ultimately her choices and actions that then indirectly led to Casey's killing Caylee..

Now that is the motive.. That is also what we know is fabricated and we know why it was fabricated..

Everything shoved into a nutshell is related to what occurred in the Anthony home the night of June 15, 2008.. and when the actual truth is seen, laid out in it's true form.. It just doesn't get anymore self explanatory or easily connecting those dots that we know that juries really need to be able to connect and see and understAnd that 1+1=2 *and that just az clear as day that the small equation of 1+1=2 is seen how it is added and totals the correct number of 2.. No bs about it.. No wheelin-dealin, fast talkin, big named "EXPERT" talking his unintelligible babblings that don't fit together, doesn't add up to what he's attempting to "say" that it does.. Basically just spewing bs..

IMO if the truth of what and why and exactly when and with who the true account of June 15th, 2008 was given to the jury as the actual true motive of why Caylee was dead less than 24 hours from those events happening..

If the true motive were simply and honestly laid out just as it happened.. The simple equation of why all of it occurred would be seen just for what it was..1+1=2'and IMO *most likely Casey would be receiving the punishment that fit the crime of murdering her defenseless toddler for the simple motive of hatred, resentment and the ultimate knife twisted into a mother's heart..revenge.. Caylee paid the price.. It was Caylees murder that served as Casey's ultimate revenge on Cindy..

Sorry so very long but I wanna know why in the hell was not the simple and purest of alll motives honestly told to these jurors.. The truth??? The true motive for why Caylee was murdered by her mom late night of June 15, 2008??

Wouldnt most agree the truth would have or could have made all the difference in the world with the outcome we have???

IMO it's a very real possibility that what I just defined ^above^ in this post is all that it would have taken for our Caylee to have received that long awaited justice on her behalf..

I wanna know why the truth wasn't given?

In my opinion, it wasn't the crime itself that was flawless. It was the fact that CA and GA covered up the evidence. For example, the cops should have been called as soon as George smelled that trunk at the tow yard. Instead, they took the car home, and cleaned it out. Cindy also washed those pants that KC supposedly wore the day Caylee went missing which were in that car. Those pants, could have tied KC to the dump site through soil comparisons. On top of that, Cindy gave LE the wrong brush to run hair samples from. All this added to the lack of forensic evidence that could have tied KC more completely to the crime.

On top of that, you have all the lies the Anthony's told in court. GA (an impeached witness) was the last to see KC and Caylee together. Thus, the jury could completely ignore his entire testimony if they saw fit. Thus, you would have no witnesses verifying KC as the last to be with Caylee before her death.

The jury refused GA's testimony, and that is why the verdict is what it is.

Baez was masterful in doing one thing in this trial, creating a fake monster to blame for everything. That is how he won this. In his opening he clearly and loudly stated that George molested his daughter and never brought it up again during trial. By doing that he made George a monster and made anything he said that didn't include admitting to molesting her a lie in some people's eyes. He then went on to concoct this whole conspiracy were George was the ringleader and he was forcing everybody to do his bidding.

This whole thing was able to work because Baez knew that you have a lot of people that refuse to believe that a woman can kill their own child and if she did she isn't responsible, there had to be someone that made her do it. He played on this by making George out to be the monster and saying the child's death was an accident and George forced her to lie about it, thus resolving her from any wrong doing because she was forced to do it. He also used George to explain away her lying by saying she was a liar because of the sexual abuse from George.

Hell it is not even just the jury that feel for this. I have heard many people that who before the molestation claim was made never had a problem with George, but after they heard that claim said that he is unbelievable. Their are plenty in this forum that have done this.

Baez was masterful in doing one thing in this trial, creating a fake monster to blame for everything. That is how he won this. In his opening he clearly and loudly stated that George molested his daughter and never brought it up again during trial. By doing that he made George a monster and made anything he said that didn't include admitting to molesting her a lie in some people's eyes. He then went on to concoct this whole conspiracy were George was the ringleader and he was forcing everybody to do his bidding.

This whole thing was able to work because Baez knew that you have a lot of people that refuse to believe that a woman can kill their own child and if she did she isn't responsible, there had to be someone that made her do it. He played on this by making George out to be the monster and saying the child's death was an accident and George forced her to lie about it, thus resolving her from any wrong doing because she was forced to do it. He also used George to explain away her lying by saying she was a liar because of the sexual abuse from George.

Hell it is not even just the jury that feel for this. I have heard many people that who before the molestation claim was made never had a problem with George, but after they heard that claim said that he is unbelievable. Their are plenty in this forum that have done this.

I agree. I've been surprised at characterizations of GA by the one alternate who has been speaking because I found GA rather credible on the whole.

But the blabby alternate specifically mentioned that GA "was combative with Mr. Baez." Well, duh! "Mr. Baez" had just accused Mr. Anthony of raping his own daughter! Yet the alternate mentioned the "combativeness" as if this were evidence of GA's lack of honesty.

the Jury has the right to declare this as a Hung jury if they believe they cant get a decision. IMO
They have a decision ...not guilty IMO
They chose it for their financial gain IMO.
Wait for their books, exclusive interviews, pictures and etc...they believe that if OJ Jurors were able to live with it, they can :) IMO..

Putting Casey to Jail doesnt mean anything to them, they will go back home, to their jobs and make less... they want to get paid more for the time they spent there :)..

Sorry am just saying how i feel and guess.
Alternate Juror has to come now, coz his words later doesnt mean squat when the real jurors start talking..

Go figure..

Lisa0477 you bring up a good point that I had briefly wondered about the other day when listening to JA's closing argument..

I was so very disappointed that SA went the route of it being Caylee's age and progression in communicating/talking therefor soon would be telling the truth that momma ain't gotta job and there sure ain't a Zanny Nanny that we stay at.. That's momma's boyfriend, Ricardo..

I hated that very "iffy" scenario was used as the actual motive for killing Caylee.. And the main reason I hate it so much is because I don't feel it's true.. IMO the true motive of "why" is the exact reason that Cindy has fought so damn hard for Casey's life!!

The motive that took things from zero to 60 in a blink of an eye and IMO had Caylee dead less than 24short hours after it all occurred.. That incident was Cindy Anthony's final straw that broke all hell loose.. Resulting with not only Cindy going ALL THE WAY with Casey verbally but very much physically as well.. Cindy having just returned from a days visit with Caylee to see Cindy's dad in the retirement home(most recognize this video as it is where we saw Caylee sing "You are my Sunshine" and sat on her Papaws lap.. The last video of Caylee, June 15,2008.. And IMO Caylee was dead less than 24 hrs after the video was made).. Cindy while on this day visit she learned of Casey's thieving ways were now being used on her elderly parents and stealing hundreds of dollars from her dad's fixed income for payment for the home he was living in.. Cindy found out from her mom that this theft had occurred while during her visit that day..

It was the straw that broke the camels back and damn it this is one thing I side with Cindy and fully understand her breaking point.. Casey had been stealing from her parents.. Literally hundreds of checks and thousands of dollars.. And once Cindy learned that Casey now had the gall to steal like this from her grandparents, Cindy's parents on a fixed income.. Well.. Cindy broke.. She literally lost it on Casey that night.. IMO all well deserved and Casey had it coming..*

This was the fight of all fights between these two who My God obviously these two clash horns and butt heads on a regular basis.. But this was different IMO Cindy really really let it all out.. And I mean let every bit of it all hang out.. She was fed up and she was gonna be damned if this spoiled bratty beeeotch daughter of hers was not gonna dare go there(stealing)from Cindy's elderly parents.. She lost It!!! She lost it!!! I mean Cindy really lost it!! Telling and calling Casey all of the things she had wanted to call her and say to her for years.. I bet it was pretty damn brutal for little Miss Casey who was the family's thieving liar thT tended to get away with chit.. Yea pretty much get away with murder(pun intended) and now Cindy had her fill and it was all being slung in Casey's face like nothing she had ever ever experienced.. Thet included and I believe pretty much drew to a close the entire Cindy breaking bad on Casey fiasco.. And that was George having tO literally peel his wife and her hands literally off of and away from Miss Casey's neck..

You guys this is the damn motive!! It is the very event that resulted in less than 24 hrs later Caylee was dead..

U see Casey/Caylee immediately hauled *advertiser censored* out of the Anthony home that night after George had peeled her mother off of her.. This is what made Casey decide late on the night of June 15th, actually still Fathers Day, to forever take the one great joy, precious love that without a doubt Casey knew would be the ULTIMATE KNIFE IN HER MOTHERS HEART!!!

Casey murdered Caylee not outta fear of Caylee talking.. Nope.. Casey murdered that child
In cold blood out of sheer hatred, venomous hatred at that moment for her mom, Cindy.. Casey would teach Cindy the ULTIMATE LESSON NOT TO EVER EFF WITH HER BECAUSE MOM WHEN YOU DO YOU BETTER DAMN WELL BELIEVE I WILL MAKE YOU PAY.. and she did.. She murdered Caylee because she had the utmost of seething hate, resentment, and in that moment straight up cold hearted revenge .. Casey killed Caylee that night of the 15th..

And the story that we now are led to believe is that Casey Caylee didn't leave the house the night of the 15th.. 100% denial that the fight of all fights even had occurred the night of the 15th.. Nope.. The story now goes that Casey/Caylee spent the night there at home the night of the 15th and then as many may then remember the part(that is actually 100% fabricated) is that George was home that day the 16th watching a cooking show when Casey/Caylee came thru the living room where he was as they were leaving with Caylee's little backpack..1pm on the 16th last to see Casey/Caylee as Casey was off to work at Universal and to drop Cays at Zanny the Nanny's.:

That ^above^ is a complete fAbrication..you know why? And at whose direction it was to lie, fabricate, and create
A completely false scenario as the last time Casey and Caylee were seen before the start of the now infamous "31days"???..

I know someone upthread made mention of there being possible fabricated "scripts" that Casey were told to follow and that they were created by George.. Nope.. Not George..

It was at Cindy's absolute direction that this completely false account of Casey and Caylee's last being seen to be leaving the Anthony home was at 1pm on June 16th..NOT ON THE NITE OF JUNE 15th AFTER THIS HELLACIOUS FIGHT BTWN CINDY/Casey.. Instead the fabrication doesn't even have Cindy present, but rather she was at work, George home to see his daughter/granddaughter off to work at his daughter's make believe job and Cays off to the make believe Nanny named Zanny!!

This ^above^ is the script.. This is a false, completely untrue fabricated story.. Fabricated by Cindy and per her direction George was to stick with the script.. Why?.. I think the answer is obvious.. But it's all about the hellacious fight to end all fights.. The usual very much in control, leader of this family, Cindy Anthony's breaking point that sent her to a literal point of no return.. Her losing control on Casey in a way that IMO probably even scared and shook up Cindy, herself once calmed down and realizing the full extent of just how far she had gone with Casey..

It is that very event that Cindy without a shadow of a single doubt knows 110% that is what then sent Casey over the edge and resulted in little Caylee's life being forever extinguished.. Cindy knows just as well as she knows her very own name.. And because of Cindy's guilt and shame of having went that far with Casey.. Along with that she has also sadly taken on the burden of guilt and shame of her actions being the very spark to ignite the murderous anger that her daughter then took out on Caylee by killing as the ULTIMATE OF PUNISHMENT all directed at/on Cindy..

It is Cindy's self induced guilt and shame and carrying the burden of feeling in a way indirectly responsible for Caylee's life being lost that fateful night of June 15th..

It is that very event that is 100% the reason why the last time Casey/Caylee were seen was completely made up and fabricated.. It was to cover up the hell that broke loose in the Anthony home the night of the 15th involving herself
And Casey.. It was to keep that detail out.. To make it as tho it never even occurred. And Cindy even under oath, without even blinking an eye absolutely 100% now denies it happened.. But it did..*

And because Cindy knows not only it did occur but the guilt of what she feels at fault for and IMO will never forgive herself for.. It is every bit of the reason you have seen her fight, and I mean even unusually, fight fiercely to defend and truly even fiercely feels the need to even save Casey from suffering punishable by law consequences to her murdering Caylee.. Cindy feels it is the least she can do since she feels that it was ultimately her choices and actions that then indirectly led to Casey's killing Caylee..

Now that is the motive.. That is also what we know is fabricated and we know why it was fabricated..

Everything shoved into a nutshell is related to what occurred in the Anthony home the night of June 15, 2008.. and when the actual truth is seen, laid out in it's true form.. It just doesn't get anymore self explanatory or easily connecting those dots that we know that juries really need to be able to connect and see and understAnd that 1+1=2 *and that just az clear as day that the small equation of 1+1=2 is seen how it is added and totals the correct number of 2.. No bs about it.. No wheelin-dealin, fast talkin, big named "EXPERT" talking his unintelligible babblings that don't fit together, doesn't add up to what he's attempting to "say" that it does.. Basically just spewing bs..

IMO if the truth of what and why and exactly when and with who the true account of June 15th, 2008 was given to the jury as the actual true motive of why Caylee was dead less than 24 hours from those events happening..

If the true motive were simply and honestly laid out just as it happened.. The simple equation of why all of it occurred would be seen just for what it was..1+1=2'and IMO *most likely Casey would be receiving the punishment that fit the crime of murdering her defenseless toddler for the simple motive of hatred, resentment and the ultimate knife twisted into a mother's heart..revenge.. Caylee paid the price.. It was Caylees murder that served as Casey's ultimate revenge on Cindy..

Sorry so very long but I wanna know why in the hell was not the simple and purest of alll motives honestly told to these jurors.. The truth??? The true motive for why Caylee was murdered by her mom late night of June 15, 2008??

Wouldnt most agree the truth would have or could have made all the difference in the world with the outcome we have???

IMO it's a very real possibility that what I just defined ^above^ in this post is all that it would have taken for our Caylee to have received that long awaited justice on her behalf..

Excellent post :clap: There were mistruths and half truths on both sides of this trial and that, in my opinion, is what the jury had to deal with and they did the only thing they could.

The DT is NOT going to encourage her to get help. They think she is just fine. They believe she should be walking free.

Casey is going to be pregnant within the year. She is also going to cash in and make a million bucks or so immediately upon her release for the film and book deals. She is going to live in a big house and have a REAL nanny and be the same narcissistic sociopath as before, only this time she will be a rich and famous one. imoo

And she will probably kill again. Why not? She got away with it one time already, why not go for it again.....

From someone who agrees with the outcome:
"What's the beef? This case was tried in the press, discussed endlessly by pundits and the verdict delivered BEFORE it ever went to trial! It was a done-deal, right? Then, the realities of the American justice system came into play. The case was tried in the courtroom. The evidence against Ms. Anthony was presented by the prosecution, sometimes pruriently, sometimes sensationally. The defense presented their counter-arguments and offered their evidence of Ms. Anthony's innocence. And then, the jury deliberated. One assumes that they were reasonable, honest people. They decided Ms. Anthony's case, based on all the evidence, did they not? And, in the end, they found Ms. Anthony innocent of the 3 main charges against her, but guilty of the 4 misdemeanor charges. Justice has been served. Of course, the screaming, torch-bearing mobs, instigated by that execrable, fetid, incompetent wench, Nancy Grace, are unhappy because the verdict was not what Nancy told them, with extreme certitude, that it was going to be. Too bad for Nancy. Very good for Ms. Anthony. I hope Nancy Grace and all the other "rush-to-judgment" experts eat crow and choke on it. This was American justice at its finest and best. Anyone who concludes otherwise needs to turn Nancy off and get on with their lives."

It seems some of the reason the verdict is the way it is may be due to living in a CSI world. No fingerprints or DNA on the murder weapon (duct tape) so no conviction.

Beautifully written, convincingly set out.

But very difficult to prove in court, I fear.

Didn't CA deny the fight with KC happened? And LA's testimony was only hearsay.

Even if the prosecution could get around that legal problem, unless they had testimony of KC swearing she would was going to kill Caylee to get back at her mother, the State would have had a tough time proving such an abstract motive. Every parent on the jury would have thought, "Sure, I've been pissed at mom or dad, but not THAT pissed!"

Don't get me wrong: I actually think you are probably right as to motive. I just don't see a clear way to prove it without statements against interest from the defendant.

(BTW, I worked on a case once where evidence incriminating the victim was left buried in the file. It was decided it wasn't worth inflaming the jury by suggesting the truth: that the victim had accidentally caused his own death. Sometimes trials are about winning, not about proving the entire truth.)

It seems some of the reason the verdict is the way it is may be due to living in a CSI world. No fingerprints or DNA on the murder weapon (duct tape) so no conviction.

Then they have the right to call it mistrial.
They gave that woman a chance not to be retried again. Why?
Casey didn't create lies for nothing... something happened IMO

Then they have the right to call it mistrial.
They gave that woman a chance not to be retried again. Why?
Casey didn't create lies for nothing... something happened IMO

Well, the prosecution had the right to drop the charges before the trial began. Once the trial begins, dropping the charges allows the judge to declare that double jeopardy has attached and the defendant can't be tried again.

I think it just comes down the fact that the prosecution (who did the best job with what they had) was unable to prove the case in the jurors mind "beyond reasonable doubt".

They might have thought she did it, but thought the evidence wasnt strong enough to prove this.

We have had such a long time to see all the evidence and go over it in detail, with out someone from the defense looking over our shoulder casting doubt.

These jurors only had a short amount of time to process the most important parts of this evidence, then so many untruths were thrown in to muddy the water.

I mean some of the jurors - maybe them all - thought she was guilty but are unable to convict beyond a reasonable doubt due to the evidence displayed.

I feel so sorry for everyone involoved in this. Especially Caylee.

Well, the prosecution had the right to drop the charges before the trial began. Once the trial begins, dropping the charges allows the judge to declare that double jeopardy has attached and the defendant can't be tried again.

Problem is prosecution is over confident and they thought they got this.
I am referring to the jurors - they handed a NOT GUILTY verdict because there is a reasonable doubt.. fine - hung jury/mistrial - whatever...Difficult to find that 12 people in the jury had same decision over this.... is there any information that is privy to them alone?

Why would judge attach a double jeopardy on a mistrial? ... in USA, Hung Jury can be tried again- am i missing anything?

Oh boy...it would take an entire thread to explain how I came about my verdict. I will make it short.

I knew nothing about this case until the trial. I read a bit here when it first happened and I have to admit because of that I had a bad impression of GA, CA, and Big brother. Hell for along time I thought one of them was the father of Caylee :). I didn't watch any TV coverage until the trial. I read here and watched the trial however I didn't dare to post..it was pretty scary if you didn't believe what the SA was trying to feed us.

1. The Family. GA I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. Being combative with the DT and then crying 5 mins later with the SA? I don't buy it. The affair and the attempted suicide. The suicide I will not post my thoughts however I don't buy it. Read the letter, saw the writing and something isn't right.

2. The duct tape. They never put the duct tape in Casey's hands. They never showed receipts for purchases of anything that was found at the scene. (I don't think they even tied it to the Anthony home at all IIRC during the trial)

3. The clothes she was found in. GA stated that the last time he saw her she was wearing something else. Where did these clothes come from?

4. Roy Cronk. You all call him a "hero", I say something is very odd with him and how he found the body. Now that I know his history a bit I say something is fishy with the whole thing but hey maybe he is a hero. I do think he moved the body but didn't mean to. When he testified I think he did move the skull to have a looksee IMHO)

5. The Sticker that was there and then gone. If you want me to believe something you had better have a picture of it. (this should have never been allowed in, it really really hurt the state's case I agree)

6. The "experts". IMO they all confused the testimony. I could follow most of it however the SA experts crossed out the DT experts and visa versa. The "banding" bothered me but I have to admit I did look it up and now I do know it's still in the early stages and shouldn't have been used in this case. I took a lot of carp for stating this but yes IMHO there was the competing testimonies of two highly respectable ME's who do you trust?)

7. The car and "air" samples. Same as above. If there wasn't garbage in the car I would probably think differently. They did not prove to me that there was ever a body in that trunk. ICA did not guard the car or the trunk. That was a big flag to me. She wasn't acting odd either, another big flag to me. The testimony on this just did not equate to a body being in the car. A thought I had today specifically about chloroform in the trunk, if the levels were testified as to be so high after such a time afterwards when it had been tested then how in the hello did she drive that car at all? That trunk isn't hermatically sealed, meaning that chloroform would be all throughout that car.

8. The Bugs..those pesky little bugs. Once again the experts crossed each other out. I know almost enough about bugs to become an expert in a case :). Not kidding. (girl you and me both)

9. No DNA, no receipts, cannot place her at the scene, and the odd behavior was partying and showing no remorse that Caylee was missing. Oh and the lies. Now either ICA has lied throughout her entire life or something went very wrong in her mind..or she was covering for someone else. All I know is that I have never seen anyone so quick to lie in my entire life. None of this made sense to me and I didn't have a choice to deem her "insane" and they didn't prove to me that she has lied for years. Only in the period that Caylee was missing. I often thought she was handed a script and told to follow it..and IMO that person is GA.

10. The Jail house tapes. You say this shows the evil side of her. I say this shows how very very strange this family is. You can take ICA's anger 2 ways. #1 which all of you believe is that she is a spoiled brat or #2 Which I think is possible is that she is very "angry" at her family for something. The comment about it being an accident and she said "surprise surprise" really made me think...and once again we are back to the family and how strange things were.

I do think ICA needs help and I hope she gets it. I hope the DT encourages her to do so and I hope she stays away from her family. No matter who is at fault with that relationship I think they are all better off not being with each other.

I am not quoting you to correct any of your insights. I quoted you to add my own thoughts as well. My thoughts are in red :)

At the beginning I thought that Caylee had drowned and KC being the strange duck that she is and quite the pathological liar that she has shown herself to be panicked and decided to make it look like a kidnapping. Why did she sit in a jail cell for almost three years? Because the SA wasn't buying her story and had charged her with murder in OCT of 2008.

I'll go so far as to say that yes I think she is legally culpable for what happened to Caylee. (Just because it makes sense to me that Caylee may have drowned doesn't mean that is what happened to her, I believe Baez is correct we will probably never know what happened to Caylee that day). I wish the SA had stepped back just a bit and charged her with what they knew that they could win. I think she could have easily have gotten 10-15 years at the least for other charges but they decided to take the gamble on the gambit.

Not faulting them and I"m not saying KC is innocent. I'm saying that many times a SAO will take the charges down a bit in order to win a conviction. Even murder cases. I'm pretty sad myself about the verdict but sometimes that's the way the dice land. Got to accept it and move on.

After all the reading, thoughts and watching the trial, your post is the one I will most remember because it (the motive not being disclosed) I think is the real reason the state lost this case and that Casey will walk! The only other thing I would add is that SA would have had a better chance at conviction without the DP being attached. At the end of the day, having a sleazy lying laywer who threw so many "red herrings" to the Jury only helped. If the fight had been allowed to be entered into evidence as the motive I think we would have had a completely different outcome. There is no way that I believe it was an accident. I asked it before in an earlier post:

Question for anyone?
I always thought the catalyst for killing Caylee was revenge on her mother.....why was the state not able to bring in the argument the night before the last day Caylee was seen--you know, the one that had CINDY choking Casey and threatening to take Caylee away? Does ANYONE have any idea why the state said it was just another evening at home?

Perhaps because it is hearsay? Or was it that the Anthony's denied this afterwards?

And one answer I got was the following from Tia M.: None of the A's would admit to it in depositions. Only heard from the neighbor, and apparently Lee told someone, but that would be hearsay.

So, one could reasonably conclude that the Anthony's perverted justice right from the outset, even if we can't prove that Caylee was killed THAT night and that no one sauntered out of the house with backpacks on...simply by not coming clean with what they must know in their hearts is the true MOTIVE and reason that Caylee was murdered.

I wish they would sell their house, move far far away, take Casey with them and disappear into the obscurity that existed before Casey murdered her child but I know that that is a wish that will not come true in a society that makes killers celebrities.

Been watching this case since day one. I believe she is guilty, there is a lot of evidence that wasnt let in. I am looking at it from the Jury's POV. The opening and closing statements were not to be considered evidence and everything else presented only proved Casey Anthony a liar... Chloroform evidence was iffy, I didnt believe either side on this part. Computer searches IMHO could be explained by fact Caseys then boyfriend Rick M. had put up that avatar(win em over with chloroform) the same day ( I know Id look it up too if I saw it on my boyfriends site) Duct tape.... Well not to be too graphic here but the bones were scattered after 6 months of animal activity, hurricane Faye, and lying in a swamp I am not completely convinced that the tape didnt get re positioned by the elements and or animal activity. No proof that the tape is the murder weapon, same with chloroform. Medical examiner said No cause of death could be determined. (InJeff Ashtons closing statement he even said "We can only hope that Caylee was put out by the Chloroform before she applied the duct tape."[ Paraphrasing]

I can see how a Jury of 12 could not convict this woman and send her to death on "We can only hope" In my opinion if we are going to put someone to DEATH we better be Damn well SURE!

The person I blame for not getting the evidence is that police officer that came when Roy Kronk called the first time in August 08. I believe that part of Roys testimony. That the police officer slipped in the muck, cussed him out and left the scene without looking.

Note I didnt say Casey Anthony isnt guilty I said there wasnt enough evidence presented at trial to find her so.

Casey is known, definitively, to cover up and lie about every difficult situation she comes across. A reasonable doubt could be made in asking why would her behavior suddenly do an about face and find her willing to deal with things head on? Even faced with an accidental death, her normal M.O. is to not deal with it, ignore it and pretend that everything is fine.

Oh boy...it would take an entire thread to explain how I came about my verdict. I will make it short.

I knew nothing about this case until the trial. I read a bit here when it first happened and I have to admit because of that I had a bad impression of GA, CA, and Big brother. Hell for along time I thought one of them was the father of Caylee :). I didn't watch any TV coverage until the trial. I read here and watched the trial however I didn't dare to post..it was pretty scary if you didn't believe what the SA was trying to feed us.

1. The Family. GA I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth. Being combative with the DT and then crying 5 mins later with the SA? I don't buy it. The affair and the attempted suicide. The suicide I will not post my thoughts however I don't buy it. Read the letter, saw the writing and something isn't right.

2. The duct tape. They never put the duct tape in Casey's hands. They never showed receipts for purchases of anything that was found at the scene.

3. The clothes she was found in. GA stated that the last time he saw her she was wearing something else. Where did these clothes come from?

4. Roy Cronk. You all call him a "hero", I say something is very odd with him and how he found the body. Now that I know his history a bit I say something is fishy with the whole thing but hey maybe he is a hero. I do think he moved the body but didn't mean to.

5. The Sticker that was there and then gone. If you want me to believe something you had better have a picture of it.

6. The "experts". IMO they all confused the testimony. I could follow most of it however the SA experts crossed out the DT experts and visa versa. The "banding" bothered me but I have to admit I did look it up and now I do know it's still in the early stages and shouldn't have been used in this case.

7. The car and "air" samples. Same as above. If there wasn't garbage in the car I would probably think differently. They did not prove to me that there was ever a body in that trunk. ICA did not guard the car or the trunk. That was a big flag to me. She wasn't acting odd either, another big flag to me. The testimony on this just did not equate to a body being in the car.

8. The Bugs..those pesky little bugs. Once again the experts crossed each other out. I know almost enough about bugs to become an expert in a case :). Not kidding.

9. No DNA, no receipts, cannot place her at the scene, and the odd behavior was partying and showing no remorse that Caylee was missing. Oh and the lies. Now either ICA has lied throughout her entire life or something went very wrong in her mind..or she was covering for someone else. All I know is that I have never seen anyone so quick to lie in my entire life. None of this made sense to me and I didn't have a choice to deem her "insane" and they didn't prove to me that she has lied for years. Only in the period that Caylee was missing. I often thought she was handed a script and told to follow it..and IMO that person is GA.

10. The Jail house tapes. You say this shows the evil side of her. I say this shows how very very strange this family is. You can take ICA's anger 2 ways. #1 which all of you believe is that she is a spoiled brat or #2 Which I think is possible is that she is very "angry" at her family for something. The comment about it being an accident and she said "surprise surprise" really made me think...and once again we are back to the family and how strange things were.

I do think ICA needs help and I hope she gets it. I hope the DT encourages her to do so and I hope she stays away from her family. No matter who is at fault with that relationship I think they are all better off not being with each other.

I don't agree with the verdict but I pretty much agree with everything you've said. The state did not prove its case, and common sense has nothing to do with it. They did not meet the burden of proof to these 12 people.

There were too many unanswered questions. They didn't prove how Caylee died, and they certainly never proved who killed her or that it was not an accident. They said that George was an ex-cop, he would have called 911 if he found Caylee floating in the pool. So why didn't he call 911 when he smelled the decomp in the car? He went to work and acted like nothing was wrong, and left Cindy to hunt Casey down and start the ball rolling.

I did not believe George's testimony. He was too combative with the defense and then faked crying with the prosecution. I did not see any tears, I saw him wiping his nose and sobbing, but there were no tears in his eyes. Did he dispose of the body? Maybe not, but I do feel that he was not being truthful about some of the things he was asked. Other things he refused to answer. His body language spoke volumes to me.

I don't know what happened to Caylee, how she died, where she died, or who was there when she died. And I think these are questions that this jury did not get answers to and that's why they could not convict Casey for murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288