Were the jurors snuck out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallflower67

Reaction score
I was actually sleeping when the verdict came in, but my dh said that the jurors were going to speak to the press...make a statement. But then HHJP said he wanted to talk to them 1st. My husband thinks HHJP told them it wasn't a very good idea for them to make a statement because their decision was so unpopular.

When/how did they leave the courthouse? Do you think, if their identities are found out, someone might try to harm them?

I do not think they deserve bodily harm. I DO however think they deserve to hear our disbelief and shock.

I know they will be forever changed by the whole trial, but I want them to know a large part of this nation is, as well. They may not even realize that.

And yes, i think they were snuck out.

I didn't mean it to sound that they deserve harm...I definitely don't! I'm just wondering about vigilantism. To them and also to Casey.

also wondering if any of them are being disowned by their families now!

I also wondered if HHJP tried to sway them as to not talk to the media yesterday afternoon. I did read that their names will be released at some point....so I can imagine that they wanted to get back home and settled in before becoming public.

Nothing about this case has ever ceased to amaze me, so I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if some nut(s) tried to harm the jurors. There are some truly crazy people walking the earth, so who knows. But I hope no one tries to harm them.

ETA-- I cannot find the article I read saying that the names of the jurors would be released. I might have misunderstood or the article was wrong.

I didn't mean it to sound that they deserve harm...I definitely don't! I'm just wondering about vigilantism. To them and also to Casey.

I realized you did not mean them bodily harm ~hug~
I was in my post considering if someone out in the world actually might get that crazy :( brrrr. Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth will leave us all blind and toothless so I sincerely hope people keep a grip.

I believe it is highly likely that Judge Perry may have concerns for the safety of the jurors. He said if they did not want to speak to the media he would not release their names. I think he is trying to protect them and their families, and I support him in doing so. How awful it would be if someone sought revenge against a juror.

I don't like what the jurors did but that does not mean they or anyone in their families should be targeted, and in this day and age that is a very real possibility. Any juror who chooses to have their identy kept a secret should have that choice respected.

And of course those who want to go public can and will do so. Big mistake, IMO, but speaking publicly should be a choice they make, not one that is forced on them by the media.

I certainly hope so! They did NOT DO THEIR JOB and they let the whole world down, and more importantly, they denied justice to Caylee. IMO, they should be ashamed for the rest of their lives. They had a chance to to the right thing and they dropped the ball.

I think the jury had already reached a decision on Tuesday night. They probably packed and were ready to leave on Wednesday morning. They dressed nicely, signed verdict forms in the morning, enjoyed one more lunch together, and boarded their waiting transportation as soon as they were dismissed. That none of the 12 spoke to the media is very telling, imo.

I think the jury had already reached a decision on Tuesday night. They probably packed and were ready to leave on Wednesday morning. They dressed nicely, signed verdict forms in the morning, enjoyed one more lunch together, and boarded their waiting transportation as soon as they were dismissed. That none of the 12 spoke to the media is very telling, imo.

I think their decision was made BEFORE closing arguments. Why was their TVs taken away from them several days ago. Why did the alternate juror keep saying "we" and "our" in his interviews on Tuesday night - and by this morning someone had coached him that he needed to say "I" "in MY opinion only"... He still slipped up and said "we" twice and corrected himself both times.

I feel the jury failed Caylee Marie Anthony. I also wonder if so much of the scientific evidence was lost on them so they just pushed it aside. Granted, had I been sitting on the jury during some of the sessions I may have dozed off a bit but still they could have asked for clarification and advice.
I heard one or two of the jurors had a vacation in a matter of days so that may have impacted their fast deliberation. Why should they be allowed to run away to a different county 100 miles away? Should they not have to explain their belief in the evidence or lack thereof? Thank goodness this jury did not sit on Scott Peterson's case!

:maddening:

Of course the "jurors" SNUCK OUT ! Obviously, they have "something to hide" ...:maddening:

They could NOT face the public because they knew their opinion was NOT the right verdict !

These "jurors" need to HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME ! They are a DISGRACE !

I hope their decision "haunts" them for the rest of the life ... may they never sleep again ...

MOO MOO MOO

Sweeping generalizations against other posters is against our TOS. Don't do it. If you have an opinion you can do it. But don't include in your opinion comments against other posters and their reaction to this verdict. Do not tell other posters that they don't understand the law.

It is less than an opinion when you feel the need to snipe at other posters because they disagree with you. It goes both ways..... whether you believe this is a good or a bad decision. Make your opinion your opinion without insulting other posters.

A jury is not a "justice system" that calculates evidence like a machine and always brings the "right" verdict. They are only human and they process information like humans. I would be interested to know why they decided what they decided.

If Caylee died as a result of chloroform and/or duct tape there was evidence but the jury chose to believe what supported the accident story- that it was cleaning products, that the duct tape floated onto the skull. They also dismissed the MEs conclusion that the death was a homicide. The alternate also dismissed valid evidence of decomposition in the trunk. I think this was simply unreasonable, as well as dismissing her lies due to dysfunction in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie