This Verdict Proves My Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this been 'Shaneequa Anthony', she would have been convicted and sent to death row and it wouldn't have taken long to arrive at such a verdict and sentence.

And if Caylee's name was Shaneequa and was a minority you would never even know this case existed. What does that tell you?

Yes, OP.

It also confirms my theory that the general public is incapable of logic, reason and simple reading comprehension; we need professional jury pools who have been vetted with IQ and other intelligence tests. They should be properly paid and agree in advance to terms so they aren't distracted by desire to be off on vacation, home with family, etc.

What a farce!

I sadly have to agree with the OP, a double standard exists for young attractive white females, if this had been a man or an unattractive, older or minority female the outcome would have been different.

My husband told me from the beginning that Casey's looks would a huge advantage for her.

a co-worker made the comment at the beginning of this trial she would get off because when a pretty white woman cries she will be found innocent (by the way she is black I am white) I argued with her that this has nothing to do with race but I think now she is right...

She is right and look at OJ. In the beginning I could not believe our dear OJ could have murdered his wife much less another innocent human being. Who was willing to believe it? None of us but as information was revealed it became obvious what type of person he truly was. Public angel, house devil. Rage that comes up in a second and can be dispelled quickly to show a perfectly normal personality. This is KC. That rage will show itself again and again in the coming months when she is faced with the reality that her life, as she knew it, is gone. The only thing she will attract is people who will be out of use her just as she has done to her friends in the past.

I hope JP gives her more than minimum sentencing for these charges of lying to LE and she has to spend some time in general population. jmo

Yes, OP.

It also confirms my theory that the general public is incapable of logic, reason and simple reading comprehension; we need professional jury pools who have been vetted with IQ and other intelligence tests. They should be properly paid and agree in advance to terms so they aren't distracted by desire to be off on vacation, home with family, etc.

What a farce!

LOL. You can't get the experts to agree, so much for IQ's. We are guaranteed a trial by our peers. I think if there had been younger people on the jury the verdict would have been different. Plus drowning and near drowning incidents are commonplace in Florida with all that water. For the jury maybe it was a convenient solution to a very difficult problem. jmo

They were called the "dream team" but they were arguably limited in ability as well. In fact, in the OJ case, both Prosecution and Defense teams were weak. They weren't compelling, charismatic or captivating lawyers. The defense played up racial prejudices, fear/distrust of police and consistently picked on the "weaknesses" of DNA testing - what may be termed then as "junk science" back in the 'early years'. It did not help that the jurors came from a certain social/economic demographic - today, thanks to globalisation, information is accessible to almost everyone regardless of social/economic demographic. Unfortunately, we are all still coping with the ability to fathom relatively new 'scientific' theories.

Getting back to the "attractive" = less likely to be guilty. I agree. Compare this case versus the conviction of Scott Peterson - the evidence there was circumstantial as well. The Prosecutors had no real motive, no real site of death or cause of death and certainly no fingerprints or DNA on Laci's body. The prosecution there suggested that Scott wanted to live the good life, he was unconcerned with his wife's disappearance and was obsessed with his mistress. GUILTY! Having said this, he is an attractive man.

OJ was a famous football player who similated into white america up until the murders. He was a celebrity and rich enough to assemble a dream team and then there is Mark Furman in the trial. Reasonable doubt lived in the defense at trial. OJ had great lawyers who were skilled and professional. That's why he was acquitted--mainly because of the dream team.

Casey wasn't acquitted because she had a fantastic defense team. I don't see any future clients banging down Jose's door for representation after this verdict. His stock has not gone up. I believe Casey got away with murder because of a lazy jury who abandoned common sense. My 12 year old neice kept asking throughout the trial, "It's obvious that she did it: why are they wasting all of this time?" She really couldn't understand that why the court didn't pass go and collect $200 after the evidence of this chick partying while the baby was missing.

Does ANYONE think it is remotely possible that this jury "threw" the verdict because it would make for a more profitable, sellable story?

It has certainly crossed my mind that if the jury would have found guilty of Murder One...or even Manslaughter, there really wouldn't me much marketable in their story....we would all EXPECT that verdict, so why buy the book, etc?

But now that they have SHOCKED the world, I would imagine their "story" would be MUCH more marketable.....let the bidding wars begin....

Kentjbkent, I agree. After much thought and prayer I came to this same conclusion or another, slightly more sinister, one. Luckily, HHJP will do everything in his power to right this wrong. I was hoping he would grant one of JB's motions for mistrial and we'd do this all again. I was also hopeful he would grant a JNOV (Judgment Notwithstanding the Verdict), but he didn't. If there was collusion or jury tampering, he'll find out no matter how long it takes. I'm going to grieve for a long time over this travesty of justice but not for Caylee. She has already received the "reward" we on earth are working toward. Caylee is a happy little girl, growing up in a security we can't know on earth, untouched by evil, encircled by love and truth, basking in the true Sonshine. And when we meet in heaven I'll rejoice like a mother over this child I love. Best thoughts, Meg

Karla H. comes to mind too. She's walking free after killing several people, one being her own sister! Though she was found "guilty" she still walks the street today. Both very very sick people.

My brother said all along that she was too pretty to be executed.

The jury obviously had sympathy for her age and her little girl looks, wonder how they'll think once they see her living the Bella Vita in her paid for luxury house and designer clothes with all her book deals and interviews

Bella Vita indeed...just shows that crime does pay

OJ was rich. Another example of how justice is not blind.

Plus we never saw that other side of OJ. The wife beater. We always saw a great American icon. Someone you would love to have as a friend. Surprise, surprise. The rages of a sociopath are always well hidden from the public but very obvious to their victums. jmo

imo, ICA got off because of her parents. In the beginning, they knew what happened or at the least, they knew ICA was involved. They covered for her and blamed others. They half-heartedly changed their tune when ICA threw them under the bus. However, it was too little, too late.

Please remember this....In the beginning, most of us here saw CA/GA for who they are. We despised them because they were greedy, hateful, rude, selfish and uncaring liars. Plain and simple, the JURY saw in the Anthony's what we saw in the Anthony's!!! GA got up on that stand and lied about the relationship he had with River Cruise...CA got up on that stand and lied about the computer searches. They both conveniently forgot facts about this and that. Their lies were OBVIOUS to that jury. So by the jury knowing the parents were sworn in and promised to tell the truth in that court but they got on the stand and proved to the world that they are bold-faced liars, then how can we expect this jury to convict? The jury probably thought CA/GA was framing ICA and/or that she was abused by everyone in that house.

The majority of the people following this case know that ICA is guility. I was sick and truly sadden by the verdict because I just couldn't understand how this could happen. I replayed everything in my mind and I realized that this verdict is pure KARMA aimed directly at CA/GA. This is what they get for not standing up for Caylee when they should have, IN THE BEGINNING! Three years later, at the end, it appears as if they finally stood up for Caylee but they didn't...they stood up for themselves because the bus was heading in their direction. Please, don't get it twisted they were not there for Caylee.

I'm not upset anymore because I can see how this karma thing is working. Karma has just dealt CA/GA a blow right below the belt. ICA is coming home, can you imagine how they must feel? If they were happy about the verdict, they would not have had the OH CRAP look on their faces when they heard not guilty. Karma is a beautiful thing in deed and I beleive strongly that ICA will not live the GOOD LIFE because KARMA has something special waiting just for her!

DK, you are so right my dear friend! I touched on this last night on another thread.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6858469#post6858469"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6858469#post6858469[/ame]

Justice is not just. It is biased, the people with the most money and the asthetically pleasing aka the beautiful people always get a slap on the hand. It is a sad fact.

Too bad Casey didn't have the Scott Peterson jury.....they had less evidence yet he's sitting on death row. But, he isn't a cute, young white female.

Just realized, once again, Caylee stays in the shadow of Casey. That has to please Casey beyond everything else!!! It truly is ALL about her! Party on!!

I still wonder how not one person said guilty. Were some of them scared to give their opinion, and just went along with everyone else. There's a case here in CT when a women was sending her child to another town to get a decent education and they're throwing the books at her, yet ICA gets charge with nothing.

Pretty girl theory may have contributed here, but it's not universal.

I think there was more to it.

The phrase "reasonable doubt" and how the jury interprets its meaning is the problem in this verdict, IMO.
If the jurors had been given considerable instruction on the definition of "reasonable doubt" and had taken the TIME to really think it through, I believe we would have a different outcome.

"Reasonable doubt" is NOT "without a doubt"! Did they know this?

The alternate juror last night said he believed casey was a "very" good mother. He said he did not understand the trunk evidence and did not believe she was ever in the trunk. He said He did NOT like George's attitude toward Jose Baez and that made him suspect George. He also said that he felt bad for casey. They were told not to base thier verdict on emotion so feeling bad for Casey and having a weird feeling about George is not reasonable doubt.

This to me is like a nightmare I feel like they made a horrible mistake. I feel like they related to Jose because of his lack of proefessionalism like they understood his language and the state was too complicated so they just chucked all the evidence. As if they wanted the underdog to win.

I cannot for the life of me understand how listening to casey's call home from prison and her interview at Universal could ever make someone form the opinion that she was a "very" good mother.

I have tried to find their reasonable doubt and I just don't see it, they refused the hair with the death band evidence fromt he trunk, the car smell, the coffin flies and wax, the adipose, the duct tape over Caylee's mouth holding her jaw in place, the location of the body dump and the length of time, her lies that implicated her guilt, they ignored the fact that George did not have access to Caylee or the car, that George was at work that afternoon while Casey was in the neighborhood for 4 hours, they ignored the shovel, they ignored the internet searches, the chloroform connection from the computer to the car. They literally ignored every piece of evidence and withitn 11 hours decided she was innocent of EVERYTHING.

This is shocking because there is no way she was innocent of everything having to do with Caylee and only guilty of lying to police - those two are connected. MO

Karla H. comes to mind too. She's walking free after killing several people, one being her own sister! Though she was found "guilty" she still walks the street today. Both very very sick people.

That has nothing to do with her looks.
A plea deal was inked before the really incriminating evidence against her was found. (video tapes) It was a done deal, no turning back.

those are different. ICA never confessed anything and these jurors were apaprently taken in by ruffles and little girl appearance set up by the DT.

What about Karla Faye Tucker? She was pretty and she was executed! I think and hope the jury just thought there was reasonable doubt.

Karla Holmolka...and they had her committing crimes ON TAPE. She was convicted but didn't serve all that long. She also played the "abuse" card.

Some of the jurors may have secretly sympathized with the abuse allegations. In reality she was coddled by and pandered to by CA. I think the reality is, she was a spoiled brat.

Too bad Casey didn't have the Scott Peterson jury.....they had less evidence yet he's sitting on death row. But, he isn't a cute, young white female.

No, Scott murdered a cute, young, white female. That just about guaranteed the DP if convicted, plus the media attention that it received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave