Caylee's Civil Rights

Listen, I am no fan of LP - and I don't care who has the answer to this, but can she be charged? Is there a way to make this happen?

Puzzler, I have had a while to ponder this and I may be wrong but I can't see any way that Casey can be charged on violating civil rights (of Caylee's). JMHO

However, if she lied in a sworn statement to the FBI (federal government) and they are so inclined to pursue her for perjury---yes they can go after her. If she lied in a sworn statement to the FBI.

That's a felony charge. You can lie to civilian LE and either get away with it or get a slap on the hand (I consider the one years sentence for each charge of lying to LE that Casey will get to be a slap on the wrist JMHO).

But if you lie to the FBI it's a felony. If I understand correctly (from following the Ignatow case so closely) it's a five year sentence. I don't know if that's the full deal or if it's per charge.

But IMHO if the federal govn wanted to do this they could. Writing them isn't going to make them do it though JMHO.

There was a case where a man was aquitted of murder and then faced federal charges because it evidence was later found that proved that he had commited the murder of which he had been aquitted.

The federal charge was for perjury. He had lied during his grand jury hearings.

His name was mel ignatow and he's now deceased.

To be honest I think LP is trying to get some attention (once again) which of her civil rights is LP were violated that could be brought forth in front of a court? Please don't make me go read LP's tweets. Thank you! :)

OMG, I know this is off topic but did any of you go to this guy's wikipedia? He killed his ex girlfriend...with Chloroform. :eek:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Ignatow"]Mel Ignatow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

But let's not violate Casey's right to life either. Many of us did not believe Casey killed her child. I know many people who read or saw the trial agreed with the defense, but they don't post here because so many who post on these forums believe otherwise. There are other opinions, you're just not hearing about them.

There was a case where a man was aquitted of murder and then faced federal charges because it evidence was later found that proved that he had commited the murder of which he had been aquitted.

His name was mel ignatow and he's now deceased

To be honest I think LP is trying to get some attention (once again) which of her civil rights is LP were violated that could be brought forth in front of a court? Please don't make me go read LP's tweets. Thank you! :)

I remember the case of this man. I mean I don't know all of the details but I remember it being on the news constantly when he killed her...it happened about 25 miles from my house. Didn't he come out and say after he was acquitted that he did actually do it....I mean not right after but years later? I could be wrong on that part but for some reason it seems familiar.

I remember the case of this man. I mean I don't know all of the details but I remember it being on the news constantly when he killed her...it happened about 25 miles from my house. Didn't he come out and say after he was acquitted that he did actually do it....I mean not right after but years later? I could be wrong on that part but for some reason it seems familiar.

People who bought his home found pictures of him torturing and killing his girlfriend underneath the carpet when they pulled up a rug.Horrible case.

I lived in Louisville when it happened. Yes he admitted it to the victims brothers in court while he was being tried for perjury.

Just my recollections. It's be a very long time ago.

ETA: that's how come I know if she lied to FBI then they might be able to prosecute her if they want to.

A little OT, but let us wait and see what happens in the ZFG civil case. Hopefully, Morgan & Morgan will win and a huge fine will be awarded to ZFG taking any $$$ away from Casey Anthony.

What civil rights of Caylee's were violated?

How about her right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

Just to be clear, I'm wasn't saying there is a civil rights case, I was just asking if one is possible.

Also, what about a wrongful death civil case? Is Florida a state where that can happen?

Or is this it, and there will never be justice for Caylee's murder?

His name was mel ignatow and he's now deceased.

Mel Ignatow also killed his then girlfriend by Chloroform.

But let's not violate Casey's right to life either. Many of us did not believe Casey killed her child. I know many people who read or saw the trial agreed with the defense, but they don't post here because so many who post on these forums believe otherwise. There are other opinions, you're just not hearing about them.

IMO, Casey should not have a right to life.

Casey DID kill Caylee

In a local case in Knoxville (Murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsome), the state has, so far, been unable to prosecute what we think was the mastermind of the murder, Eric Boyd. The government was able to prosecute him for kidnapping and he is in jail for 19 years. The state is still trying to find a way to charge him with the murder. The government didn't let Channon and Chris down.....let's hope they don't let Caylee down either, if this is possible.

I think the jury has spoken, and that should be the end of it. None of us knew the Anthonys personally. No defendant should be hounded after a free and fair trial and a judgement by a jury of their peers. The Honorable Judge Perry said the court found her "Not Guilty". There are thousands of missing children out there, and the focus should now turn to them.

This is a sincere query, I haven't kept up online for awhile - may I ask who you/many think killed Caylee?

This is a sincere query, I haven't kept up online for awhile - may I ask who you/many think killed Caylee?
It may in fact have been an accidental incident - drowning or otherwise - which went unreported and was concealed.

She lost them when she took the life of another-Whether a jury agrees with me or not, that's the way I will always treat her in my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back