All sorts of people suing casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long the Orlando and County Police Departments will continue spending money to "protect" the Anthony family now that the trial is over. I heard on the news that police cars were parked in front of the Anthony home due to "death threath" against the Anthonys.
If the Anthonys continue to encourgage media attention - are the police required to provide this expensive "protection?"

I wish I would have been on the jury, I would have voted guilty of something no matter what all the other jurors said. I think the problem with the jury system is they are supposed to come to an agreement. I think they should put their votes in a box after examining the evidence and that's it. By trying to get them to come to an agreement they are basically affecting each other's opinion and emotions and convincing one another of something that should be an individual decision.

John Morgan (Zenaida Gonzalez'es atty) just may be my new hero. He sounds serious about grilling MCA (murderer Casey A) in deposition in ZG civil case.

Yay! Go John Morgan!

Bob Kealing, reporter for WESH-TV, tweeted:

#lindadraneburdick asking for hearing within 60 days to give them time to determine how much state can bill #CaseyAnthony.
43 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

State has filed new motion to hold #CaseyAnthony accountable for investigation costs.
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/bobkealing

I would love to see TES awarded the money that they spent in resources looking for Caylee. But since TES volunteered their resources do they have grounds for a law suit?

Bob Kealing, reporter for WESH-TV, tweeted:

#lindadraneburdick asking for hearing within 60 days to give them time to determine how much state can bill #CaseyAnthony.
43 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

State has filed new motion to hold #CaseyAnthony accountable for investigation costs.
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/bobkealing

SNAP! :great: Go Linda!

I would love to see TES awarded the money that they spent in resources looking for Caylee. But since TES volunteered their resources do they have grounds for a law suit?

Tim Miller said Cindy contacted him early on and asked him to search for Caylee.

They may be able to file fraud against the Anthony family. Not sure.

There seems to be a split of opinion. Richard Hornsby said on WESH that he thought she could be required to pay ALL the prosecution and defense costs even although she was only convicted of the lying to LEO offenses based upon a literal translation of the statute. Others have disagreed.

Even RH said that this could be the biggest issue on appeal.

In my view, it is unfair to require her to pay the costs of prosecuting her for a murder that she has been acquitted off based upon her conviction for some misdemeanour lying to police officer charges.

BBM

With all due respect, if she had told the authorities that Caylee "accidentally drowned" (not that I believe that for a second) instead of lying to them about some bogus nanny who stole her child, she would not have had to be prosecuted for murder. Why shouldn't she have to pay for the State's expenses??? Along with getting away with murder based on this "drowning," she expects the State to foot the bill, too? All the monies the State of Florida (and many others) have expended for investigation, and subsequent prosecution, would never have happened if she had told of this "drowning" rather than to lie that her daughter was missing.

Caylee getting no justice.... that's what I find unfair.

JMHO

No unfortunately they don't have any standing with CASEY. But I am wondering about her parents since they arranged for him.

Also can the grandparents sue Casey for wrongful death of Caylee?

No unfortunately they don't have any standing with CASEY. But I am wondering about her parents since they arranged for him.

Anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I read in the lawyer threads that TES probably won't get awarded anything if they sued, and as you suggest its because they did so voluntarily.

I read the answer to this one in the lawyer thread. The only relation that could sue for wrongful death would be Caylee's father but since he never knew her, he would most likely get nothing.

I read in the lawyer threads that TES probably won't get awarded anything if they sued, and as you suggest its because they did so voluntarily.

Since TES is a not for profit and if it could be proven that Cindy Caylee was deceased when she called and asked for them to search for a live Caylee, couldn't that be considered fraud?

IMO she wants to avoid as many Law Suit's as possible.The burden is more likely than not.
Don't think she will win many

I wonder how long the Orlando and County Police Departments will continue spending money to "protect" the Anthony family now that the trial is over. I heard on the news that police cars were parked in front of the Anthony home due to "death threath" against the Anthonys.
If the Anthonys continue to encourgage media attention - are the police required to provide this expensive "protection?"

I hope not. Let them reap what they sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288