2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's look at is this way. The anger and disgust public are still extremely fresh, alive, and kicking. If she were released a year from now, we would all have simmered down by then and maybe even come to acceptance.

I say it's far worse for her to be let out now then a year from now. I'm not going to put any hoodoo on her, but I'm just sayin' let the chips fall where they may. There are a lot of furious people out there right now. I just hope the state isn't asked to pay for her protection once she's out. Let whoever is stupid enough to take her in foot that bill.

I'm kinda tired of hearing...... about these jurors not wanting to give her death...when they were in the guilt phase..they couldn't have been confused...they didn't ask any questions..right?

Can't believe so soon. She told so many lies, seems more charges could be brought. Wishful thinking on my part.

Isn't it ironic that cindy and george still look at casey as their "beautiful" daughter. They are beaming with pride. I am not being sarcastic. This is a fact. Their constant feeding her about her looks has contributed to her behavior....yet the Anthonys conitinue on. It is sick!

They truly are the Family of the Lie.
That is what the Anthony family values, appearances. CA said the same when describing Caylee in her first media appearances, comparing her looks to other children like she was more valuable than any other missing child.

I just cannot believe this from the verdict down to this. BUT I know the judge did what HE could according to the law.
I am still confused about the check charges, too

sung to the tune of Friday by Rebecca Black:

Wednesday, Wednesday, gotta get out on Wednesday
Everybody's lookin forward to the babykiller
Partyin Partyin, YEA
Partyin Partyin, YEA
Fun fun fun fun looking forward to the baby killerrrrrr

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

I respectfully disagree.

Yes, this was all circumstantial evidence. Yes, it was impossible to determine the cause of the death. But it was NOT impossible to determine the MANNER of death. Dr. G. was right, an accident victim is not duct taped and dump in the swamp.

Plus, the car reeked! And saying that the jurors bought the defense expert who said there was miniscule amount of chloroform was comparing apples and oranges. THAT guy was talking about air samples. The prosecution witness was talking about the amount of chloroform in the rug.

These people said they acquitted because the cause of death was not proven. Of COURSE it wasn't, it lay in a swamp for six months! That's why they were supposed to pay attention to all the OTHER evidence.

Reasonable doubt does not mean NO doubt! These people did a piss poor job of deliberating, not even taking enough time to read the jury instructions or refer to their notes, and not asking one single question.

They heard JB accuse George of molestation, and even tho JB couldn't argue that at closing, they weren't advised of WHY and that's the main reason they didn't like or believe George. If you've ever met a man who has been falsely accused of molesting his daughter, you will find a humiliated, devastated man who, even tho he's innocent, finds it impossible to face his family, let alone the freakin' world on TV! I totally understood George's demeanor.

These people all looked at the wrong things. It's that simple.

Scott Peterson was convicted on less evidence, IMO.

Now guys remember.......this will still be in everyone's mind........so this may not be a bad thing.......she didn't get her way (getting out today) and people will still remember next week!

I tried to watch the hearing this morning but didn't hear if there will be probation. Did anyone hear anything about it?

We are going to see KC's release on the 13th. She is not gone. It would not have been announced to the media if they could not come to film it.

Someone tweeted that they saw GA at Gate 7 at the Orlando airport, in the last few minutes.
Don't know if it's true or not.

I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again here. . .Charlie Sheen is looking for a new goddess. Casey is perfect for him 'cause right now she is all about #Winning. . .:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:Then ICA can move into his pron mansion:floorlaugh:

Is it wrong that I want that week served in gen pop so she'll taste some of THEIR justice?
:maddening:

Anyone think she's already been released and the 13th is a red herring?

I don't think the court would lie about something like that but then again, I lost all faith in what is supposed to be the truth so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin