2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 1978 crime was in my neck of the woods, made me quit hitchhiking!!

I guess you didn't learn from Ed Kemper before him in the 70's. He picked up Co-eds who wer hitchiking. Why don't people know this guy?...good grief! Killed both his grandparents when a teen. got released. killed and beheaded severn co-eds who hitchiked and then killed his mother and her BFF and canniblized them.

What a guy. Staff say Good Morning to him every day when he shows up for work and ask him if would like some coffee...grrrr. Never caused a problem. model inmate.

There was evidence that Casey Anthony did NOT work. A good mother provides for her child. Casey could not feed Caylee. Cloth Caylee. Get medical care for Caylee. Provide shelter for Caylee. Nothing! And that is a good mother??

Casey Anthony was not a mother to Caylee... I'm going to stop while I am ahead.
This is exactly what I think, a good mother provides for and protects her child and I see no evidence of this from Casey, everything that Caylee had was provided for by her grandparents, Casey did not have a care in the world, she lived rent free had no car or insurance payments and had people lined up to babysit Caylee, when she needed money she just stole it and lied, how is that being a good mother?
CA even though her own daughter was not a good mother and if you read GA's suicide note he alludes to the fact that he knew that he could have prevented Caylee's demise but was thwarted by CA for thinking negatively.

These jurors heard from Casey's former boyfriend on the stand and he stated that Caylee slept in bed between them, how is that proper or acceptable under anyone's opinion?

We also heard from AH and she stated that she felt that it was wrong for Casey to bring Caylee to the adult themed parties they had, where people were drinking and having a good time, is that a good place to bring a 2 y/o?

Casey was constantly online and on her phone so how could she devote time to play and care for her daughter?

I cannot fathom how these jurors decided that Casey was a great mom given the evidence to the contrary.

I'm just not optimistic. Baez will keep casey is a cozy bubble of room service, high thread count sheets, cocktails ect. He will bring her out to do a very protected dog and pony show where the interviewers agree to only softball questions and gush over Baez amazing skills. He will flirt with Casey and have a group of her "boys" babysit her to keep her happy with the flirtatious attention. After interviews she will have a nice hot bubble bath and watch tv and go on facebook under a fake name for fun.
Eventually she will start to venture out into the world and people being the celebrity hangar-ons that they are will be attracted to her. She will have many fake friends who enjoy the noteriety. She will get a high serurity home or condo with her $$ and have no responsibilities. The people who believe in her verdict will continue to state the legal system freed her and we must accept her into society. People will feel sorry for her being ostracized and start melting to her evil ways and lies. Poor sweet casey. remember, she can really turn on the charm. she will become a mini celebrity after the hatred dies in a few months down by being a voice of the innocent in the juctice system or something nauseating. she will become quite happy. she will find a boyfriend, vacation in costa rica and live her own personal bella vita.
this is my fear and the way things have gone so far for her this is not a stretch

I understood JA to say, in closing argument, that when she invented the job that required her to work nights, she left Caylee home with her parents who were "glad" to take care of her.

But for the two years she worked days, why was there no discussion of the fact that, if there was really no Zannie, where the heck was Caylee all day long?

I was thinking kc. would change her identity. I dont know if she can being a felon. I dont think many decent people will care to be around her. I dont see much "Bela Vita" for her. Her old life which she enjoyed is gone...I am soooo glad!!:floorlaugh:

I guess you didn't learn from Ed Kemper before him in the 70's. He picked up Co-eds who wer hitchiking. Why don't people know this guy?...good grief! Killed both his grandparents when a teen. got released. killed and beheaded severn co-eds who hitchiked and then killed his mother and her BFF and canniblized them.

What a guy. Staff say Good Morning to him every day when he shows up for work and ask him if would like some coffee...grrrr. Never caused a problem. model inmate.

Oh yeah, young and invincible. :rolleyes: But, I hadn't heard about him...

When George was spotted at the airport did he have his beloved gas can with him?

Reasonable Doubt is often used by jurors too in order to skirt the issue that they just got it flat wrong. Which I believe was the case here since they looked at nothing, ask not one question. Never will I believe that all 12 believed this. I expected them not to agree, and for the judge to send them back, and at most a mistrial.

I hope all judges from now on everywhere will sit down with and clearly explain to jury members AND VERIFY that they TRULY understand what reasonable doubt means.
If the jury was just given instructions in a huge stack of papers, how would you know they discussed and thoroughly understood the concept of reasonable doubt. You can't just throw the jurors in a room with a huge packet of jury instructions, written in legalese (that to attys and judges seems totally clear, but to jurors not) and expect them to spend any time defining what they believe as a group reasonable doubt" means.
This should be one of the most important and FIRST things a jury should understand completely and the judge should not gloss over. IMO.

It is sad that:
The criminals will have new ideas from this case.
The Defense Lawyers saw a new way to defend them.
That family members see that Perjury is ok.
That Jurors now see how to cash in.
That Americans all over see how tragic and wrong this case went and yet our Justice System will stay the same. For Caylee's memory please change this.

It is sad that:
The criminals will have new ideas from this case.
The Defense Lawyers saw a new way to defend them.
That family members see that Perjury is ok.
That Jurors now see how to cash in.
That Americans all over see how tragic and wrong this case went and yet our Justice System will stay the same. For Caylee's memory please change this.

Juror #2 wished for more evidence to convict

"I just swear to God ...," said the juror, who spoke to a reporter on condition of anonymity on Wednesday. "I wish we had more evidence to put her away. I truly do ..."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-juror-2-speaks-20110706,0,2712276.story

If you go to this link above and then click on the link in the Chicago Tribune story that will take you to the full story, you will get a better idea about juror #2.

He said that on Tuesday, the vote was 6-6 for manslaughter. The two side began arguing over each other voices, and the foreman, (Hottie #11) *rolleyes* calmed them all down. Little by little, the side for guilty was convinced to go to not guilty, until Juror #2 was the lone standout. I feel badly for him, can you imagine the pressure he was under by the other 11 who just wanted to go home. He didn't identify himself, and is scared for his family. This man I do believe and my heart goes out to him. He tried to do the right thing, but finally gave in. Says he won't ever be the same after seeing Caylee's final photos.

There are interviews Kemper did on youtube. In fact, there are several different serial killer interviews there.

Answering my own question:

1:30 PM today HJBP will hear the motion filed by Florida media to have jurors names released.

It's too bad that we can not all file a civil suit for wrongful death and then donate the money to TES? Like a class action lawsuit against her?

I wonder how long it will take for Casey to sue her own parents for Caylee's remains?

Sorry everyone, but the fact is she lied to everyone because she knew she was smarter then them. She lied to police, detectives, lawyers, everyone. She killed her daughter, destroyed her family and she doesn't care. She is flipping the world the bird right now just like her lawyer. They are laughing at all of us. They don't give a crap if a child was murdered. Its all about them. They won, they are smarter.

This is totally OT to this thread, but I see a lot of people posting here.

I haven't had any luck finding this so if someone can help me find it or just tell me I'm wrong, that would be great.

When Casey's friends testified and said they went out to dinner in Casey's car and DIDN'T smell decomp, didn't another friend testify that it was actually a different date and/or Casey drove Tony's car?

Thanks so much!

I'm glad you brought that up as I have wondered about that especially since Juror Huekler (I believe) said the friends rode in the car and didn't smell anything.

Caylee's carseat took up half the back seat -- did they remove it to ride back there and put it back later? And all the shoes that were on the seat? I think Cindy lied about the doll sitting in the carseat too. I'm sure I heard early in the case that it was in the trunk.

Anyone have a clearer understanding of all this to share?

"to a moral certainty" which I think describes the conclusion you reach. I know the current S Ct has some issues with that term and it's been removed from instrucitons in some states but it comes from an old court case in my home state of MA and I like it! Course, there is no evidence they would have understood that term any better than "reasonable doubt".

No matter how much you try, some people are not capable of grasping "Reasonable Doubt". They do not have the intellectual make-up to comprehend it or the emotional fortitude to grasp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow