Enter new thread ideas here! (All new threads must be approved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODS please open a thread for people who want to do something positive about this trial and verdict. a discussion on how we can petetion to change laws and courtroom procedure. I really want ideas on how to fight for the following laws
1. forbidding unproven accustions against others to defend oneself during a trial
2. working towards having a courtroom moniter in deliberations and having them videotaped for the judges review if necessary
3. figuring out how to inact a professional juror as foreman
4. making sure perjury if proven being prosecuted
5. working on a law that prohibits jurors from making $ discussing their verdict
i want a focus on a change in the system. how the defense put GA on trial when he was charged with nothing blew me away. he should be allowed to sue for defamation of chartacter (even tho his hedgyness probably won the aquittal) and so should jesse grund or anyone else who had a finger pointed their way.
6. a law making sure a "new" confession during a trial can be charged and it would not be double jepordy. when Casey admitted to being there during drowing drowing and not rendering aid new charges should be allowed to for not rendering aid ect ect.

please start a thread so we can find a way to band together and change the things we are angry about. this is America and we have the power to make changes

as much as i love HHJP,i would like to see a thread on him. did he bend over backwards too far in aiding the defense? he gave JB a lot of leeway for being a "trainee". could he have reminded the jury opening statements were not evidence to be considered when reading the charges? could he have reminded them what reasonable doubt was? could he have told them GA was not on trial? what about reminding them COD and motive were not required or can he only read what is written? why couldn't pics of Caylee be used in closing arguments. This trial was about her death.

Can someone please tell me how I can get in touch with one of the mods please?

how about questions you want the interviewers, who are going to interview ICA, should ask??

A thread which examines the state's decision to charge her with first degree murder with the death penalty possible, when it had to be clear that chances of meeting the burden of proof for that charge would be very difficult. In doing so, the state lost a chance to lock Casey up for a considerable length of time if it had sought lesser charges. Instead, she's free soon.

Can someone please tell me how I can get in touch with one of the mods please?

Scroll to the bottom of the page, click "View Forum Leaders," look to see who's on (they'll have a green light beside name), and PM them.

How did our pop culture of reality TV, crime TV, celebrity TV, the explosion of social media, the 30-second sound bite affect the outcome of this trial? What are the Lessons Learned that prosecution and defense teams will be studying and applying from this case?
Ex. Prosecution:
1) More than ever, beware of the “dumbed down” jury
2) People do not have the patience anymore to listen and reason through complex data (like autopsy reports, forensic evidence, etc.)

Defense:
1) They’ll believe the wildest carp we can shovel if we throw enough of it against the wall (there are plenty of conspiracy theorists out there in America!)
2) Believe in the new mantra: confuse ‘em, lose em’ and the jury will check out. WINNING!!!

Don't mean to be OT but where are the "4 lies" listed? I've heard that "I just talked to Caylee this afternoon and now the number is no longer in service" counted as one but how did they pick 4 out of the whole string of events?

thanks

I'm not sure exactly how to say this....How about Not having threads that assist any defense team ever again.

It kind of grossed me out that there have been threads here about everything that the DT used to get a NG verdict. I'm just saying.....

I think instead of limiting what we are able to discuss on WS we should require that people can't read here unless they register here so that we know EXACTLY who is reading. Casey's DT essentially used WS as a resource for hundreds of minds brainstorming about what type of defense they might use. It would be nice if we could at least prove they were here.

I believe this case should prompt changes on how LE responds to missing/abducted child reports thru out this country, and how search groups, such as TES, conduct their searches. I have some ideas but I'd like to hear other Wser's ideas as well. Maybe - just maybe, something positive can come out of this when the next 911 call comes in reporting a child missing.

Dear Mods, I think a thread on this could help all of us to collectively come together here - regardless of our own differing views about the verdict. Thank you.

Threads on how to change laws and the system can be started here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180"]General Information & Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Any campaigns or desires to have members write any organizations must be approved by Tricia, the site owner.

The only campaign that Tricia has approved at this point in time is Caylee's Law and that can be found in the sticky section of Caylee's forum.

How about “the devious plots the anthonys wove to get their murdering daughter off”. I personally believe a lot could be said about how they manipulated, diverted, and distracted from the truth in order to free their daughter. I also happen to believe that JB was deeply involved in their plots so that may be more than you want discussed here.

Would it be possible (or a good idea?) for us to have a link to discuss the Dana McCain (Cindy's 2nd cousin) radio interview from Houston?

http://krbe.com/portals/1/audio/rrshow/interviews/070611_CASEYANTHONY_familymember.mp3

I'm wondering what "proof" Dana is referring to in this interview?

I think one was created during the time the jury was deliberating.

I'm reading some of the suggestions in here and there are already threads about some of these topics that are open. That's one reason we have a temporary freeze in this forum on opening new threads.

Forum search tips: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70221"]Forum Search Tips - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

What about the role of talk shows, "legal analysts," NG and her ilk, etc., who gulled the public into thinking this was an open-and-shut case, thereby contributing to mass confusion and anger when the jury brought in its verdict?

The thread discussing the key players (that was merged) is getting huge! Perhaps we can have a thread for each juror that speaks out so we can discuss THEIR individual media interviews??

How about “the devious plots the anthonys wove to get their murdering daughter off”. I personally believe a lot could be said about how they manipulated, diverted, and distracted from the truth in order to free their daughter. I also happen to believe that JB was deeply involved in their plots so that may be more than you want discussed here.

I'm going to use your post as an example of what you guys could be doing. The mods used to do this but they are exhausted at this point and need to tend to their real lives so they just don't have time anymore.

What I did was use the "advanced search" feature as explained in the link I provided in my last post. First I put in the word "manipulation" for a thread search. Nothing came up. Then I put in "lies" and about 6 threads came up. One was about GA and CA's lies. So, you could put a post like you described in there and get the conversation rolling. :) Hope that helps!

Oh, and here's the thread I found: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82728&highlight=lies

I just saw Jesse Grund's father on with Vinnie Politan. He said this isn't over, they have no closure, Jesse's life has been ruined and their family severely disrupted. The interview gave me the impression that he is actively seeking legal counsel and options to proceed. He said "this isn't over by a long shot." GOOD.

It was a good detailed interview. I'm sure lots here saw it. I think Jesse deserves and will need his own thread in that regard (legal action) in the future whenever it's timely.

I'm going to use your post as an example of what you guys could be doing. The mods used to do this but they are exhausted at this point and need to tend to their real lives so they just don't have time anymore.

What I did was use the "advanced search" feature as explained in the link I provided in my last post. First I put in the word "manipulation" for a thread search. Nothing came up. Then I put in "lies" and about 6 threads came up. One was about GA and CA's lies. So, you could put a post like you described in there and get the conversation rolling. :) Hope that helps!

Oh, and here's the thread I found: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82728&highlight=lies

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member