For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought she made the chloroform.Why it showed up on the family computer and in the trunk, weird, but can't say why. The only reason to tape someones mouth and nose is to kill them. Arms bound? Maybe. An extra piece of tape was found at the remains site.Nothing shows that Casey could not do the things alleged.Did she do all of this? The jury thought not.

From my understanding, the jury thought that there was not enough evidence presented to prove that she did this and convict her of doing this. But, that doesn't mean that they did not think that she did it, anyway.

I'm sorry but I have yet to read anything, or hear any one person reasonably explain why the Jury came back with the verdict they did. I have read, and heard a lot of excuses for Casey. Excuses are like A__holes, everyone has one. The bottom line was that the Jurors were by Law, supposed to look completely at the EVIDENCE presented. They did not! They went only by the defenses opening statement. Which was complete fabrication! The truth does not change, and the defenses story was everchanging and evolving. Their is only one person that was responsible for Caylee's safety, her poor excuse for a mother ICA, and for some reason the majority of people Do Not hold ICA responsible. Caylee was in the custody of ICA, she was the responsible party, no one else. ICA let Caylee down, she is responsible by her own admission! G.A., C.A., & L.A. all have let Caylee down! They are not responsible for the adult mother killing her child, ICA is. Please, I would love to hear a logical, evidence based reason that can explain the Jurors decision to not hold ICA accountable for HER CHILD CAYLEE, AT ALL.
This is my opinion based on the trial and all the evidence released, not MSM, or any talking head.

My "gut" tells me that Casey is certainly guilty, although I would lean towards something that was not premeditated. I was surprised with the verdict, but I do agree with it. I don't expect CSI-level science, but the circumstantial evidence must be strong.

I think the prosecution overreached, and when faced with the death penalty, the jurors had doubts. Those doubts are going to be stronger when someone's life is at stake. When the state cannot even prove how Caylee died - how can you prove murder? It's a very difficult thing to do. I feel bad for the jurors, because they are getting excoriated, but they did the right thing. The prosecution simply did not built a strong-enough case, and reached for a verdict they couldn't have obtained. If they hadn't tried to play hardball, they may have won a plea or a conviction much sooner.

Respectfully, the circumstantial evidence WAS strong. However, you need a group of jurors capable of connecting the dots and drawing logical conclusions from that evidence...

I do believe they should have taken the DP off the table, however. It placed an additional burden on the court and the SA that hindered them, IMO.

hhhmmmmm. this is how I see it and I am sticking to it. :)
You are thinking like a normal functional person.
this is not a normal functional family.
KC called her dad "Ex" LE Murder investigator.
He ran the entire show from then on.
The Clean up,
The misguiding LE, and the search teams.
The hidden body - not thrown away till there was no more flesh on the bones.
Then tossed in the garbage :( when there was no more evidence there.
GA makes me sick.
And I think GA makes cindys family sick too from all I have read.

I think CA will be leaving him. Not that she is a prize package :floorlaugh:

Respectfully, I couldn't possibly disagree more.
Where is the evidence that GA tossed Caylee? There's certainly nothing that would point to him more than his daughter.

His suicide note did not strike me as the words of a man who would do what you are accusing him of. Not at all. If anything, he's the only one in that warped family that even came close to standing up for Caylee!

And if anyone does any leaving in that home, GA should leave CA, IMHO.

I agree with the verdict simply because it was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt who did anything. Prosecution tried, they failed. That's our justice system. If you can't prove it, the defendant walks.

Respectfully, the circumstantial evidence WAS strong. However, you need a group of jurors capable of connecting the dots and drawing logical conclusions from that evidence...

I do believe they should have taken the DP off the table, however. It placed an additional burden on the court and the SA that hindered them, IMO.

I feel it wasn't, but I think that's where people are going to disagree. I think it may come down to presentation. I just finished taking a trial advocacy class in which we simulated a real trial and had friends and family come in to be our jury. It was a mock murder and robbery, and it was very interesting to hear afterward the things they focused on, and other things they did not feel were important. What I, as a law student, perceived as most important to the case, barely meant anything to the jury. This didn’t make them dumb or illogical, but for people who don’t follow crime or the justice system, they place emphasis on different things.

A jury is composed of lay persons. While they don't need to be talked to like idiots, a certain emphasis needs to be placed on the most impactful evidence if you want them to remember it in the jury room. They have days of presentation to consider - even with the physical evidence in their room, it’s often what they see and hear during the trial that has most weight. I didn't find the circumstantial evidence particularly strong because the defense did a decent job at introducing reasonable doubt with its evidence (and not its statements - those statements are not evidence and the jury is instructed not to consider the opening or closing when weighing the case). The Prosecution was weak in some of its cross examinations, although I do think they were masterful in others.

Overall, I think the Prosecution had a few weaknesses in its case, and they may not have fit their tone and presentation style well to the jury that it had. When that was combined with a death penalty case, I think the circumstantial evidence had an uphill battle. People want tangible things when they have someone’s life on the line. Had they gone for a less severe charge, I really think the Prosecution could have had it. They just didn’t have a strong enough presentation to push that circumstantial evidence over that block that everyone has regarding direct/circumstantial evidence.

JMHO.

But seriously though, how can the tape stay on rotted animal picked over flesh, then attach to a skull?

I am a big pool death believer, I saw those cell records, I think they tell the story, and Nancy Grace sensationalized something into something it wasn't.

From what I understand, the tape wasn't stuck to the skull at all, only stuck to the hair. Since the hair slid down off the skull, it stands to reason that the tape would have slid along with the hair. That, along with the water & animal activity cause me to question the placement of the tape, as well. I know that I will never be able to decide for myself what role that tape played, unless I could view the pics of the skull & tape.

I look at those records,and see Caseys pattern of constantly being on her phone. Now, there is an hour of inactivity, which is rare for her. Why is it so hard to believe she napped, after being up for a long time, and Caylee got into the pool? That hour of inactivity is then followed by calls to George and Cindy, repeatedly, then they are done, and Casey is gone for 31 days. I mean, how can anyone overlook that as nothing? I cant. Ya know, finding your child dead is pretty traumatic, and she was Caseys child. Combined with her family dynamics, her not supposed to be home and not getting ahold of Cindy, I can see how someone can act pretty weird, especially her.

Why more people aren't paying attention to these records is beyond me.
Yes, I've wondered about the phone records too. Something was up and noone has ever explained what. I remember reading where KC's bf told a chilling story anout KC having nightmares. If the story was true, something besides a remorseless murdering party girl was going on. Anyway, that story and the phone records are what caused me to feel a little nagging doubt. Awhile back, I thought about one of my daughter's high school friends. This girl is a compulsive liar...even when the truth would fit better. little lies, (she was offered a modeling contract with Playboy), big lies, (her natural father had just died in a car wreck), crazy lies, (she was born with double female organs and had to have surgery), ridiculous lies, (she was offered a majorette scholarship at U Texas but declined because she was suffering from skin cancer)...and on and on and on. Her mother was just as bad. I could actually imagine this girl having a baby die of one cause, (accident or illness), and her exagerating and adding drama, changing the story, and then becoming some kind of suspect. She's not a mean person, but she craves attention and never stops lying. I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but what I am saying is that KC lied so much, it became her norm...so the lies about her daughter didn't really stand out. Maybe the jury saw her lies in a broader sense and became kind of numb to them. The fact that KC had lied so long about her 'job', probably helped her case-ironically enough. If nothing else, it showed she told some huge lies, before her daughter was reported missing.

This is the best analysis I have heard or read on why the Casey Anthony Jury found her not guilty. This answered most, if not all of my questions.

http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/casey-jury-brainwash-1694371.story

Just thought I would share.:)

OMG... I almost fell out of my chair when I read this part:

Juror Ford said she didn't believe it was their duty to "connect all the dots," and that the prosecution was required to answer every question about Caylee's death, including why and how it was committed.

WTF? Then what exactly DID they believe their duty was, if not to connect the dots??? This is nuts. What a shame.

crucibelle, I think this is where the Prosecution faltered. The jurors are under information overload, and the jury instructions at the end of the case are long, tedious, overwhelming, and unclear. The Prosecution could have done a better job at linking things for the jury. If the Prosecution doesn't connect those dots for them - the space between can be construed as reasonable doubt. It's not their job to connect the dots, it's the Prosecution's job to make that connection for them.

I do believe it is certainly plausible that Caylee drowned in the family pool. During the trial I was watching some of Caylee's home videos, and the home video that has George feeding Caylee a carrot (or something like that) in the backyard, if you look in the background the pool is there with the ladder attached. Both George and Caylee are wearing clothing that isn't swimming attire, therefore they DIDN'T religiously take that ladder down as they portrayed. Caylee clearly looked at least 2 in this video. This would've been a time they were supposedly taking the precautions to avoid accidents like this.

I do believe it is plausible that both George and Casey would attempt to cover up this accident out of fear from Cindy. We've all seen how ruthless that woman is (Cindy). Maybe George felt responsible for the accident, and Casey equally felt responsible. Keep in mind, George just regained some of Cindy's trust and was welcomed back into the home. Maybe Casey didn't know exactly what happened with Caylee's body, and left all of that up to George (hence the "I don't know where she is" comments).

I do believe it is very possible that George was a sexual abuser. He appeared very arrogant, and almost above the law on the stand when facing JB. He had inappropriate laughter, etc; it all appeared to be a show to me. I don't think George was with Caylee alone ever, like the Anthony's would like us to believe. Caylee had her own bedroom, but slept with Casey every night. I think Casey made up the job lie to get her parents off her back, and made up the nanny lie to make sure George would never be alone with Caylee. The nanny was there to cover the times Cindy wouldn't/couldn't watch Caylee. And, Casey just took Caylee with her wherever she went on the other times. Ricardo stated on the stand that Caylee and Casey stayed at his place about 4 times a week. Casey clearly wasn't drugging Caylee then to 'get rid of the burden'; I doubt all of a sudden she started with Tony.

I don't believe there was "off the charts" amounts of chloroform in that trunk. I also think it's impossible for there to have been chloroform used on Caylee's body, Caylee dumped in the swamp, Casey dumping her car, then the Anthony's picking it up from the towyard and AIRING THE TRUNK OUT for hours, and it still having chloroform relating to this child's death. That trunk was aired out, the whole car was aired out, for at least a couple of hours if not longer. How would there have been chloroform still in the air, given the fact that it's highly volatile? I think, Cindy dumped a bleach/water mixture in that trunk, or another form of cleaner with bleach in it, to get rid of the smell. When she closed that trunk for the final time, it resulted in the choloform being released in the trunk air.

And, one thing I found extremely strange (amongst the many MANY other things in this case) is the Dominic Casey video. I hadn't really paid a lot of attention to it until it was brought up in the trial. I do believe after watching and rewatching that video many times, Dominic was in the dump site of Caylee. The area they entered the swamp matches the crime scene photos of the entry to where her body was. After they go in and take a left, there is a fallen tree that matches the tree that was right near/over Caylee's skull. And, in the background of this video is a really long/large fallen tree that sounds like the one that is described on one of RK's first 911 calls. I'm convinced this is the same area. And, either Caylee's body wasn't there in November, OR it was burried and they practically stepped on/over her body. And, besides the strangeness of both Kronk and Dominic knowing where to go to find her body, I remember reading in one of Kronk's statements that he was in that area in August, November, and then December. Why was he there in November without calling 911?

Too many questions without answers in this case. And too many weird coincidences. I agree with the verdict, I would've done the same thing. I openly stated this on another forum after the prosecution rested, and got flamed many times for it. I never understood the anger against the people who didn't agree, people should truly be mad at the prosecution for not presenting a better case.

I wish the state had questioned Dr G a bit closer on her experience and general knowledge of drowning.

Dr G, is it possible to revive someone after 10 minutes? An hour? Two hours?

How long was the child in the water? Would a caregiver be able to tell just how long the child had actually been unconscious by looking at them?

Follow up somewhere along the way with a witness that can testify as to acceptable supervision standards, ie child of X years should not be out of line of sight for more than X minutes or hours.

The jury might be able to see it as negligence that caused the child's death. You still go back to who was in charge of the child, Casey or George? A hurdle, but at least an option for the jury. I just don't think the state wanted to risk not getting premeditated murder and life w/o or the death penalty. A lot of pressure to do so.

hhhmmmmm. this is how I see it and I am sticking to it. :)
You are thinking like a normal functional person.
this is not a normal functional family.
KC called her dad "Ex" LE Murder investigator.
He ran the entire show from then on.
The Clean up,
The misguiding LE, and the search teams.
The hidden body - not thrown away till there was no more flesh on the bones.
Then tossed in the garbage :( when there was no more evidence there.
GA makes me sick.
And I think GA makes cindys family sick too from all I have read.

I think CA will be leaving him. Not that she is a prize package :floorlaugh:
I don't believe GA was in charge, but you're not alone in your feelings. The female juror who spoke, seemed positive he was in the know. How she came to this conclusion, she didn't really say, but she said he was obviously lying. There has been a lot of negativity thrown at CA, and I have to say, I never really agreed with it. It was GA, who I was a little leery of. Not because I suspected him of anything, but more of me perceiving him as straddling the fence...trying, IMO, to not get anybody mad at him. So, because of this, I tended to disregard a lot of what he said. If CA leaves him, I don't think it will be because he makes her family sick. They've been together a long time, but now that their family has been almost obliterated, they may not be able to handle the stress. MOO.

I look at those records,and see Caseys pattern of constantly being on her phone. Now, there is an hour of inactivity, which is rare for her. Why is it so hard to believe she napped, after being up for a long time, and Caylee got into the pool? That hour of inactivity is then followed by calls to George and Cindy, repeatedly, then they are done, and Casey is gone for 31 days. I mean, how can anyone overlook that as nothing? I cant. Ya know, finding your child dead is pretty traumatic, and she was Caseys child. Combined with her family dynamics, her not supposed to be home and not getting ahold of Cindy, I can see how someone can act pretty weird, especially her.

Why more people aren't paying attention to these records is beyond me.

I don't think either side wanted to touch that hot potato of phone records, as it could be seen as evidence for either side. Another one of the big "what ifs" in this case.

This is the best analysis I have heard or read on why the Casey Anthony Jury found her not guilty. This answered most, if not all of my questions.

http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/casey-jury-brainwash-1694371.story

Just thought I would share.:)

Marcia Clark addressed the sequestered jury issue somewhere in the blizzard of interviews that have been done on this case in the last few days.

Her opinion is that a jury sequestered for a long period of time is prone to find their own dynamic, more so than a bunch of people that only sit next to each other. It can definitely speed up the time it takes to make a decision, among other things.

Marcia feels that it should be studied and decide how to better implement it and when to use it.

I don't think either side wanted to touch that hot potato of phone records, as it could be seen as evidence for either side. Another one of the big "what ifs" in this case.

But if there is a period of inactivity, then frantic calls where she couldnt reach her parents, then silence and poof shes gone, how can anyone logically admit thats not pretty consistent with taking a nap and leaving your child unsupervised and finding her dead,panicking, trying, then taking things into your own hands and not reacting like normal people, and she has a long history of this weird behavior. The records are telling the story.

I do believe it is certainly plausible that Caylee drowned in the family pool. During the trial I was watching some of Caylee's home videos, and the home video that has George feeding Caylee a carrot (or something like that) in the backyard, if you look in the background the pool is there with the ladder attached. Both George and Caylee are wearing clothing that isn't swimming attire, therefore they DIDN'T religiously take that ladder down as they portrayed. Caylee clearly looked at least 2 in this video. This would've been a time they were supposedly taking the precautions to avoid accidents like this.

I do believe it is plausible that both George and Casey would attempt to cover up this accident out of fear from Cindy. We've all seen how ruthless that woman is (Cindy). Maybe George felt responsible for the accident, and Casey equally felt responsible. Keep in mind, George just regained some of Cindy's trust and was welcomed back into the home. Maybe Casey didn't know exactly what happened with Caylee's body, and left all of that up to George (hence the "I don't know where she is" comments).

I do believe it is very possible that George was a sexual abuser. He appeared very arrogant, and almost above the law on the stand when facing JB. He had inappropriate laughter, etc; it all appeared to be a show to me. I don't think George was with Caylee alone ever, like the Anthony's would like us to believe. Caylee had her own bedroom, but slept with Casey every night. I think Casey made up the job lie to get her parents off her back, and made up the nanny lie to make sure George would never be alone with Caylee. The nanny was there to cover the times Cindy wouldn't/couldn't watch Caylee. And, Casey just took Caylee with her wherever she went on the other times. Ricardo stated on the stand that Caylee and Casey stayed at his place about 4 times a week. Casey clearly wasn't drugging Caylee then to 'get rid of the burden'; I doubt all of a sudden she started with Tony.

I don't believe there was "off the charts" amounts of chloroform in that trunk. I also think it's impossible for there to have been chloroform used on Caylee's body, Caylee dumped in the swamp, Casey dumping her car, then the Anthony's picking it up from the towyard and AIRING THE TRUNK OUT for hours, and it still having chloroform relating to this child's death. That trunk was aired out, the whole car was aired out, for at least a couple of hours if not longer. How would there have been chloroform still in the air, given the fact that it's highly volatile? I think, Cindy dumped a bleach/water mixture in that trunk, or another form of cleaner with bleach in it, to get rid of the smell. When she closed that trunk for the final time, it resulted in the choloform being released in the trunk air.

And, one thing I found extremely strange (amongst the many MANY other things in this case) is the Dominic Casey video. I hadn't really paid a lot of attention to it until it was brought up in the trial. I do believe after watching and rewatching that video many times, Dominic was in the dump site of Caylee. The area they entered the swamp matches the crime scene photos of the entry to where her body was. After they go in and take a left, there is a fallen tree that matches the tree that was right near/over Caylee's skull. And, in the background of this video is a really long/large fallen tree that sounds like the one that is described on one of RK's first 911 calls. I'm convinced this is the same area. And, either Caylee's body wasn't there in November, OR it was burried and they practically stepped on/over her body. And, besides the strangeness of both Kronk and Dominic knowing where to go to find her body, I remember reading in one of Kronk's statements that he was in that area in August, November, and then December. Why was he there in November without calling 911?

Too many questions without answers in this case. And too many weird coincidences. I agree with the verdict, I would've done the same thing. I openly stated this on another forum after the prosecution rested, and got flamed many times for it. I never understood the anger against the people who didn't agree, people should truly be mad at the prosecution for not presenting a better case.
I may be wrong in my remembering, but I was under the impression that bf R had no problem with Caylee staying the night, wheras bf T, did have a problem with it. If this is true, it's the difference maker. But with that said, thinking KC killed her daughter because her bf didn't want her to spend the night, is a huge giant leap. IMO, there were just too many non murdering options. MOO.

Have you been reading my mind?!?!?! Bolded above is what I have been stating way before the trial even started. What 20 yr old single mother makes up a fake babysitter to leave WITH the child. IMO she didn't want to leave Caylee with George. And, most will say what ex cop wouldn't have called police for an accidental drowning.... IMO one that may have sexually abused the victim. Again JMOO. Unfortunately, we are definitely the minority on this board as well. So don't be shocked if they come after you lol.

I totally agree...the prosecution let the ball drop by leaving out a lot of evidence...that fight was pivetal piece that they needed. I'm going to ask this question:
WHERE was and WHO was watching Caylee while Cindy and KC were fighting like cats and dogs and George was the referee?

A lot of people on here that have had experience with sociopaths say that there is always a little bit of truth sprinkled in with the lies, you just have to know how to decipher. The only thing that I can disagree is that according to GA and CA, KC didn't leave the night of June 15th. She spent the night at home and left the next day. GA gave a very vivid description of what Caylee and KC were wearing when they left...something that has always raised a red flag with me.

I'm going to go in another direction for a moment please don't get mad at me..but this family has some series issues dealing with the truth, dealing with things that make them uncomfortable. When confronted with it they just act like it isn't happening, they go into some sort of psychotic denial. She's not pregnant, she's bloated. The baby isn't dead, the nanny, that we've never met or talk to, has her at the beach.

IIRC:
Cindy and Caylee came home from that Father's day visit and went swimming.
Casey came home from who knows where TLs, the mall, feel free to speculate.
She wasn't allowed to swim with them because Cindy said "caylee was tired".
Cindy that said she gave Caylee to Casey.
Cindy FURIOUS at Casey for stealing from her parents leaves the pool ladder up.
Casey bathed Caylee and got her ready for bed.
Then Cindy confronts Casey and all hell brakes loose as you so vividly and elloquently decribed it above.
NOBODY is paying attention to Caylee.

Added because I just thought of this HORRIBLE sceniero:
Casey does LEAVE but leaves Caylee at home...
GA and CA still reeling from their arguement don't realize SHE DIDN'T take Caylee with her..
Caylee isn't found untill the next day when Casey comes home, Cindy is at work and George is watching his cooking show.

OMG, maybe that is exactly how it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23