What Previously Sealed Evidence could we ask to have unsealed now, under FL's Sunshin

Friday

Verified Author
Reaction score
Sundance's post in another topic reminded me that Judge Strickland had decided to seal the Jail Videotape of Casey's reaction on Dec 11th when she saw a TV newscast about the discovery of human remains on Suburban Drive.

In Judge Strickland's ruling, he admitted he was "loathe to shield any public record," however he felt that potential jurors might see the inflammatory video and "develop a hardened arttitude about the defedant's guilt."

Since the trial is over now, Judge Strickland's reason for sealing that video tape no longer exists. I don't know about everyone else, but I would really, really like to see that video tape and to have it made public where everyone can see it, especially the jurors who decided ICA was not guilty without reviewing any of the evidence or trying to rely on their common sense.

Here are snips from Judge Strictland's ruling, copied (with gratitude) from Sundance's post:

"Being duly advised in the premises, the defendant's duly advised in the premises, the defendant's Motion to Seal the Jail Videotape in question is granted. In taking this unusual step the Court has read and considered the pleadings of all parties, and personally viewed the videotape in question.

While the Court is loathe to shield any public record, an argument can certainly be made that the contents of the video are highly iin nflammatory....

"Given the nature and scope of the pretrial publicity, it is not unreasonable to assume that many persons in the potential jury pool might view this video and develop a "hardened" attitude in reference to the defendant's guilt."

Does anyone else have suggestions about items of sealed evidence that could or should be unsealed now, under the Sunshine Law? If we can put a list together, we might be able to interest someone like Kathy Belich in filing the appropriate paperwork. Or maybe someone here knows how?

First, let's see what we come up with. Suggestions, please. :waiting: :)

The videotaped of Casey's reaction to the discovery of Caylee's remains!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:Can't wait to see that!

wasn't there a video of Baez and Casey together during a jail visit that was sealed or am I imagining things?

I don't know if there is any evidence that hasn't been released yet but if there is any, I'm hoping they release it. Maybe text messages that we haven't seen yet, e-mails, video from JC Penney, Ikea.

What about pictures on the computer that were deleted?

Also what was Casey's reaction?

What about pictures on the computer that were deleted?

Also what was Casey's reaction?

BBM, I would love to see those if they were able to retrieve them!

The photos that LE said George wouldn't like that would paint his daughter in a not so nice way...

I would think John Morgan would want to get a good look at that video from December 11th. jmo

What about the depositions prosecution took of the psychiatrists that were sealed.

How about the details of the recent evaluation when they had to stop the trial to asses her mental state?

I really want to see the reaction video because I feel like I can't imagine WHAT the reaction is that would be so inflammatory.

I know that it was entered into evidence, however, I would like to be able to read George's suicide letter in its entirety ... as far as I know, pages 2 and 3 of the letter haven't been transcribed yet.

Psychiatrists depositions and the June 24 sidebar when LA was testifying. I'm curious if JB thought something was going to come out or was he just using smoke and mirrors to get his questions in.

wasn't there a video of Baez and Casey together during a jail visit that was sealed or am I imagining things?

Wouldn't anything to do with Casey and her attorney be considered privileged? I don't think we would have the right to see anything between the two of them. I could be wrong though.

I would also think similar would apply to any mental evaluations she had done, both the ones earlier in the case and the one during the trial. Her right to medical/mental privacy is greater than our right to know. Again, could be wrong.

I would like to see the video tapes of her reactions to the things LP found in the river and other such "false alarms" that had us all in an uproar, in addition to the aformentioned Dec 11th video.

I want to see why a psychiatric eval was ordered and I am DYING to see the sealed video. I think that is going to be REALLY bad for ICA but as she's free and can't be tried again due to double jeopardy might as well put it out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back