2011.07.08 - Dateline NBC

Thanks for the awesome commentary. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Like some of you mentioned in this thread, I too am very concerned about my emotional and psychological health, resultant of this unjust outcome.

I will NEVER follow another case...ever...and this is coming from someone who has been following true crime for the last 10 years. I've just never felt so sick.

I appreciate the humorous posts, it's good for my soul...I forgot how so many of you always seem to make me smile and/outright laugh.

I think jury questionnaires throughout the US need to add the question: Did you serve on the Casey Anthony Trial or know someone who did? (sarcasm)

Correct.

I am pretty sure that regardless of the truth of the matter, the prosecution did not have witnesses to show a history of neglect or child abuse in order to rebut the Defense's assertion of Casey being a bad mother.

My view, is that is likely that Casey "loved" her daughter, she dotted on her but that she was immature, irresponsible with a lack of foresight and did not understand the responsibility she had as a mother.

I don't think Casey is capable of loving anyone besides herself. It's pretty sad when you really think about it. I pray that she never has another child.

Agree totally!

maybe if they kept the partying for 31 days out? Just left it at didn't report her missing for a month? Maybe they thought since she was acting "fine" maybe she really had no knowledge? When the are looking for random killers they say look for a change in behavior...

That guy also should have realized that many 22 years olds with kids don't party that much. I'm 26 and years ago I had friends who became parents in their late teens or early 20's and none of them partied as much Casey did.[/QUOTE]

Casey wasn't a "normal" 22 year old. She was a single mom who should have been supporting herself and her child instead of living at home, partying, and stealing from everyone, including from her grandfather's assisted living fund.

maybe if they kept the partying for 31 days out? Just left it at didn't report her missing for a month? Maybe they thought since she was acting "fine" maybe she really had no knowledge? When the are looking for random killers they say look for a change in behavior...

Baez told them that Caylee was dead on June 16th. They must've conveniently forgotten that part. I'm trying very hard to understand the logic in their decision but I'm having such a difficult time.

I even took the defense's drowning theory into consideration but I'm left with more questions than answers so how could this jury believe it was an accident that snow balled out of control when nothing in the trial proved it? The photos of Caylee with Cindy? Is that what made them think she drowned? Is this for real? What did they think of the duct tape? The chloroform? The human decomp smell in the trunk? Did they think that was all made up?

I'm just floored.

Here's a link to the episode:

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/43691488#43691488"]Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health[/ame]

He said he 'watched her body language ' AND SHE SEEMED SINCERE.'

She seemed SINCERE? The biggest liar most of us have ever heard of in our entire lives, and this guy thinks SHE SEEMS SINCERE?????????????????????

I just do not know what to think about these guys. Of all of the words to use to describe Casey Anthony, and he chooses SINCERE?:silenced:

Sorry to break this news to you, but I am a high school teacher and you will be seeing more and more people like this being released into society. Another example is that idiot 28 year old who flipped off JA. That's 12 year old behavior, but this idiot thought he was being cool. That was my favorite part of the whole trial when Judge Perry nailed him right then and there. He thought he was going to get out of it by saying how sorry he was.

Did any of the interviewers ask these jurors what kind of person triple bags a little girl and dumps them? Who does that?

I wish we were the ones interviewing these jurors. I think many of us would have some tough questions and not tip toe around them like the interviews I've seen so far. Good grief.

Personally I wish I knew more about her relationship with Tony. More and more I am wondering if she did what she did to be with him free and clear than the party-girl theory. Yes, I am thinking Susan Smith and Diane Downs.

Of course it was Tony and the partying. It was all explained in closing arguments by the prosecution. Caylee was beginning to tell the truth. Kids don't lie.

Jeff Ashton, I thought, made it very clear. If people would ask Caylee how her day was with Zanny, she would say "No, Tony".

TBH, I am only stating my opinion on matters which I find really wrong: In particular criticizing a jury who took 6 weeks out of their lives in order to do their civic duty and for what? $1200 to $1300, a load of criticism, shunning from their community, hate-filled commentary and indeed, in some instances threats of violence (ref: Judge Perry "fillet comments").

I am not aware of any post threatening violence against any of the jurors on this forum,any such post I am sure would be promptly removed, but the the insults being levelled against the jurors on this forum, especially in the jurors thread, are outrageous and absurd.

This jury did not ask to be on the jury, they were called by summons. They did their civic duty for no to little reward. Publicity? Perhaps, but at least one juror has stated that he doesn't want his name released but just to protect his family. Although, I would not blame the jurors if they accept one of the media deals being offered. In any event, they are entitled to be left alone and get on without baseless criticism.

<mod snip>
"Maybe you are JB or one of his cohorts?" - Nope, but I am becoming more inclined to wear pocket squares :)

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments! As an attorney myself, I felt from the start that a not guilty verdict would be the ultimate outcome. I, however, never became "emotionally involved" in this case and I find that there are no words for the reactions of those that did.

The only thing that I know to say is that everyone should do the right thing and let her go in peace.

I think they were just too lazy to do the work that was required to REALLY deliberate. And they were anxious to get back home. So they just acquitted her.

Exactly! Justice died that day, the system is broken, and none of us is safe.

She was winking at the jurors? Before jury selection, I thought she would try her girly charms (I can't think of a better phrase atm) to woo some of the younger male jurors. However, I never thought she would be so blatant about. Surprised LDB didn't object.

The other problem of course for ICA, was that there really wasn't any young male jurors them on the actual jury itself.

She wasn't winking at jurors. That's everyone's imagination on the board. Everyone has let THEIR emotions take over. I think the verdict based on the evidence is correct. They didn't prove the case. JMO

She wasn't winking at jurors. That's everyone's imagination on the board. Everyone has let THEIR emotions take over. I think the verdict based on the evidence is correct. They didn't prove the case. JMO

and at this point I to have to ask who helped her?
Did she seriously do it all by herself? nothing in the car...and well the swamp destroyed he rest I guess.

There is PLENTY of evidence and testimony to her neglect and child abuse. First of all-she was living a lie. She was stealing from friends and family to support herself and PRETENDING to work and go to school. Doing that while you drag your child around and enmeshing her IN THAT LIE is child abuse.

There is also evidence that she slept in bed with her bf Ricardo, with Caylee in between them for weeks. THAT is child abuse, imo.
There was testimony that Caylee once answered an apt door all by herself, no adults present, while Casey was having sex with Tony in the bedroom.
Also she was ALONE on a balcony, again, while Casey was in the bedroom.

And she was being dragged around to adult parties at night. And during the day she sitting in the car, or waiting at a random friends apt, waiting for her parents to leave so they could sneak back home, and pretend to be at work.

Caylee SHOULD HAVE had a solid routine and some friends her own age. She should not have been dragged around like that and being put in dangerous and awkward situations just because her mom did not want to hold a job. She wanted to lie and steal instead of living a regular life. THAT IS NEGLECT AND ABUSE IMO.

In my opinion, what you have stated about Casey lying is NOT child abuse. It's just LYING. As for sleeping in bed with RM - he himself refuted that - plainly testified that CASEY slept in the MIDDLE not Caylee and that they didn't have sex, they just slept. As to the balcony, IIRC, there were adults with Caylee on the balcony and when the adults were ready to leave their concern was that Casey was in the bedroom so they brought Caylee in from the balcony. It does appear that Casey did hang with friends that did not have children but again that is not child abuse. All JMOO

Did she steal from Caylee Anthony during the course of her life time? I think I heard some story that she stole from her piggy bank, I don't know if this was true but there was no record evidence of it. If there was evidence of it and the prosecution wanted in on record they should have elicited the evidence.

As to the issue of her not having a job, well at 9.2% unemployment in the U.S. if that was a form of Child Abuse, DCFS, LE and the courts are going to be busy.

She lied? Erm... well you get my point, that's not child abuse. Especially if it did not affect her child in any negative and significant way. TBH, it's just fanciful to suggest that amounts to child abuse.

Most of this is just simply a one-sided account of key evidence. Children co-sleep; taking her Caylee out and about whilst George and Cindy thought she was at work is not child abuse; college parties, etc are not the most conducive environment for a child but i have certainly heard of and seen worse, there is no evidence that the child was at rowdy frat parties til the wee hours; children do sometimes answer the door, try and get out on the balcony when they are not meant to, you can never be too careful.

Is there any evidence that KC attacked Caylee? No. Used a belt on her? No. Tried to poison her? No. Torture? No. Witheld food and water? No.

The view that she was a good mother, at least based upon the record evidence at trial, has merit.

See above. I would just add that even if KC took Caylee to parties and had her sleep in a bedroom while the party was ongoing would not amount to child abuse. It is not something that I would see is all that uncommon amongst single young mothers.

I am not saying I condone it but just because Casey was not married to Caylee's father, chaste until her wedding, going to church every Sunday, in bed at 10PM everynight, had dinner on the table every day at 5PM, etc does not mean she was a bad mother or guilty of child abuse or child neglect.

I totally agree UKLaw

My memory was right. It was Clint's girlfriend.

Also, KC had Caylee sleeping in the same bed with her and Ricardo. That's not a good mother!

FGS, my husband and I have 3 kids between us. When we were dating he and his kids would spend the night occassionally and ALL FIVE of us would sleep on one big bed lol. It was enduring. We loved it that we would all climb in. It's one of my favorite memories of when they were all little. We ALL had our pj's on and we didn't have sex with them there! RM even testified that they had clothes on and CASEY slept in the middle and they didn't have sex! Everyone is totally blowing that out of proportion. That does not equate to child abuse or child neglict no matter how you look at it. JMO

I just watched Dateline again.

I personally felt the state proved that KC killed Caylee beyond any doubt, really. There really is no other explanation once you put all the circumstantial evidence together.

My concern is that the jury discussed the case prior to deliberations. If you have one or two strong personalities gradually trying to sway other jurors over the course of two months, you have problems. That's why they are not supposed to discuss the case at all under any circumstances until deliberations begin.

So, when I hear an alternate juror (the young guy), who wasn't supposed to EVER deliberate anything, state during the Dateline show..and I quote:

Each question that we had from the get go: Where's the weapon? or the chloroform? where was the body first held? or who was involved?

We had

from the get go

I do think the jurors discussed the case when they weren't supposed to. I do think that one or two strong personalities were influencing the others all along.

Can they get a mistrial after the fact if it is shown that jurors didn't follow the rules?

I agree. An amazing mother does not have her child lying in the same bed as her and her boyfriend. That is abusive. And did anyone ever figure out where she stashed Caylee in the middle of that night? Cindy denies calling her or that Caylee was brought home, so was she in the car? Trunk?
I would suggest anyone who claims Casey was an excellent mother check out the DCS reports. Good grief.

can you link the DCS reports? TIA

In my opinion, what you have stated about Casey lying is NOT child abuse. It's just LYING. As for sleeping in bed with RM - he himself refuted that - plainly testified that CASEY slept in the MIDDLE not Caylee and that they didn't have sex, they just slept. As to the balcony, IIRC, there were adults with Caylee on the balcony and when the adults were ready to leave their concern was that Casey was in the bedroom so they brought Caylee in from the balcony. It does appear that Casey did hang with friends that did not have children but again that is not child abuse. All JMOO
Caylee was at Fusion Nightclub on 6/13/11. Great place for a 2-year-old ...

IMO, any mother that would take her kid to that type of club late at night has no concern for the welfare of the child. Does that constitute child abuse ? No, but it definitely tells me where ICA's priorities were at the time of the killing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back