For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine there are people on both sides of this case who approach it from an essentially non-emotional, analytical standpoint. Just because a person has taken a side doesn't mean he or she started out with a bias, or has abandoned objectivity.

In a similar way, experts who are probably quite analytical and objective disagree on subjects such as economics and astrophysics (think of the heated debate, albeit fictional, in the movie "Apollo 13.")

The Anthony trial was a very complex one. Jeff Ashton said this was the ultimate case for an attorney in terms of intellectual challenge, involving as it did a host of complicating factors.

I think this is illustrated by all the volcanic debates that broke out between media members in the immediate hours after the verdict was announced. Even those who follow such cases for a living were polarized.

:crazy::fence::waitasec:

I would be so much happier if Matlock and Perry Mason were running this case, along with Angela Landsbury providing the investigating.

The loose ends are maddening, the jury bearing the brunt of that one in a very real way. I don't want loose ends, I want an answer that's absolute with an iron clad guarantee.

I want this to be a movie or an episode of CSI that says yes or no, not maybe this, that or the other. I want a talking head that gets their prediction right on something, anything.

I didn't get it.

What I did get was a not guilty verdict that seems is commensurate to the evidence. I can live with it.

Speaking of "watching the same trial" When this trial started I was trying to follow the trial here however it seemed that JA was wearing wings and JB was wearing horns. I went out onto the internet to see if I could find a Casey is innocent group. I did and I joined just to get a different outlook on the trial. I have to say that in that group it was just the opposite.

I knew nothing of this case before the trial so it was amusing to me to read in the 2 different groups. Trust me I thought both groups were watching a different trial. Bottom line is that once everyone in each group formed their opinion there was nothing that was going to change it. Both groups went into this trial with a closed mind and nothing was going to change it.

I agree with you, it's like a thesis. I really sat in the middle on this one and the polarity around me was jarring.

the jury did not get to learn about the fight, and about Cindy being after Casey in a big way, because the state thought they needed her more as a grieving, normal grandmother. .

If this was really about the truth and this was a factor, why did they keep it out? The State needed Casey to be Guilty because NG and the media had presented this as a slam dunk, and are still wiping the egg.

Anyone interested in the truth just has to look at the phone records, but some refuse and thats just as sad, thats not looking for justice for Caylee.

If this was really about the truth and this was a factor, why did they keep it out? The State needed Casey to be Guilty because NG and the media had presented this as a slam dunk, and are still wiping the egg.

Anyone interested in the truth just has to look at the phone records, but some refuse and thats just as sad, thats not looking for justice for Caylee.

What are in the phone records you want us to see?

What still gets me is that for 5 months JB insisted that Caylee was alive and that KC shouldn't be charged with murder yet in his OS he said that Caylee died on June 16, 2008. If he knew that from the beginning then he lied all that time, hoping the body would never be found. If he didn't know that at the time that shows that they were reaching, looking for a plausible defense and the whole OS was fabricated.

If he did lie, then I believe he violated ethical rules for attorneys. If I remember correctly, a defense attorney may only advocate the story that his client has told him. Once his client tells him he committed a certain act, he cannot say the client did not do the act, but instead resort to inserting doubt in the state's case through other means. Basically, once you know something isn't true, you can't continue to assert it. Now, I'm not sure if that only applies while in trial, but I think this would be a good question for the verified lawyers thread.

His opening statement may have been changed to reflect a story change on Casey's part, or it may have been him being disingenuous all along. It'd be interesting to see if the lawyers among us know exactly where the line is with his statements.

What are in the phone records you want us to see?

According to the leaked records, Casey made six calls to her parents on the afternoon of June 16, with the first call at 3:03pm to her father's cell phone and the last of the six made to her mom's cell phone at 4:24. During that time she also tried her mother at work and called her ex-fiancé, Jesse Grund.

To the left of this page is the evidence archive.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17180007/detail.html

According to the leaked records, Casey made six calls to her parents on the afternoon of June 16, with the first call at 3:03pm to her father's cell phone and the last of the six made to her mom's cell phone at 4:24. During that time she also tried her mother at work and called her ex-fiancé, Jesse Grund.

To the left of this page is the evidence archive.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17180007/detail.html

I know about the phone calls. My question should have been more clear.What is your opinion about these calls that will show us the truth?

I know about the phone calls. My question should have been more clear.What is your opinion about these calls that will show us the truth?

There period of inactivity, then the calls, then shes gone. Something happened in that time frame to Caylee. Was it murder? Was it pool death? I go with pool death because thats more likely than Casey, had this been a murder why call your parents? Then after not getting ahold of anyone, shes gone. It does not fit murder, no way. imo, that is.

There period of inactivity, then the calls, then shes gone. Something happened in that time frame to Caylee. Was it murder? Was it pool death? I go with pool death because thats more likely than Casey, had this been a murder why call your parents? Then after not getting ahold of anyone, shes gone. It does not fit murder, no way. imo, that is.
Ok I see. The phone calls don't prove any actual facts or truth to the matter. A person could speculate that a murder or an accidental drowning triggered these calls.

I agree the phone calls trying to reach her parents do not coincide with the theory that she had just come back to the house to murder Caylee. Something had happened, IMO, and she was looking for help. And then, not getting it, she concocted her own little plan, possibly recalling some movie or TV show where a kidnap victim was found dead and taped up with duct tape. To me, the fact that she carted Caylee around in her trunk for days on end always kind of put the premediated theory into the realm of unlikely at best.

But if the jury did not believe Caylee was in the trunk, or that the tape played a role in the case, they weren't going to make the leap that Casey killed her or caused her death...I think it is huge that the jury could not place Caylee in the trunk, that led them to question the "who" and decide they could not blame Casey...

Ok I see. The phone calls don't prove any actual facts or truth to the matter. A person could speculate that a murder or an accidental drowning triggered these calls.

The phone calls show her last activity at the house till she split for Tonys and this is the day Caylee died. If she was a murderer, why did she call her parents? How does that fit in with a premeditated murderous mother, or a murderess at all?

The phone calls show her last activity at the house till she split for Tonys and this is the day Caylee died. If she was a murderer, why did she call her parents? How does that fit in with a premeditated murderous mother, or a murderess at all?

The way Casey lies she may have been calling to start the cover up earlier rather than later. She couldn't get a hold of anyone so say's oh well I'm going over to Tony's.Lets watch rent some movies. Does going to Blockbuster shortly after your child drowns in a pool show that she acts in a normal way?

The way Casey lies she may have been calling to start the cover up earlier rather than later. She couldn't get a hold of anyone so say's oh well I'm going over to Tony's.Lets watch rent some movies. Does going to Blockbuster shortly after your child drowns in a pool show that she acts in a normal way?

On top of her already having issues with the truth, do you really not think finding your child dead may traumatize you? There is something mentally wrong, but everyone can decide for themselves what to believe, nothing is changing my mind.

I don't understand this reasoning. Why would Casey make endless calls trying to contact someone close after she had murdered her daughter?
Trying to call during/after an accident makes much more sense

I don't understand this reasoning. Why would Casey make endless calls trying to contact someone close after she had murdered her daughter?

And the fight plays in probably because Cindy was to mad at her from the night before to answer her calls. Thats my guess.

IF it was an accident...................WHY not call 911??

On top of her already having issues with the truth, do you really not think finding your child dead may traumatize you? There is something mentally wrong, but everyone can decide for themselves what to believe, nothing is changing my mind.

I'm not trying to change your mind. All I'm saying is that the phone calls don't "prove" anything.I was mainly responding to this comment of yours.

"Anyone interested in the truth just has to look at the phone records, but some refuse and thats just as sad, thats not looking for justice for Caylee."

Calling 911 or performing CPR makes much more sense than making a bunch of unsuccessful phone calls.

ETA: The phone calls happened. They have the records. What they mean is up to everyone to decide on their own.

There was an hours gap before the frantic phonecalls commenced. Maybe Caylee had been dead for the best part of that hour. Casey could have been sleeping.
She must have known it was HER FAULT. She may have been traumatised, clearly she cannot have been thinking straight.
It is all very well saying what you would do but, to be honest, nobody knows how they would react in a crisis of those proportions. I am sure I would call an ambulance but the two times that I have had to call an ambulance (for myself thank God) I delayed it for a long time, hours.
We do not know what was going through Casey's mind. She was clearly frightened of her mother

I don't understand this reasoning. Why would Casey make endless calls trying to contact someone close after she had murdered her daughter? Trying to call during/after an accident makes much more sense

Maybe the frantic barrage of calls was because Casey couldn't find Caylee. Was the period of inactivity a shower in the bathroom?

Could Casey have gone about her business for the rest of the day because she assumes that Caylee is with George?

Is there a ping map for the location of George throughout June 16th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998