ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your definitely not stupid, your just confused due to watching the A's lie under oath both at depositions and trials without recourse from the law, it's managed to confuse, anger and shock everyone.

Dragonlady :tyou:

:twocents:

Yes lying under oath in a depo is punishable if it can be proved.

I would be surprised if we see Casey in this depo next week. If Casey is removed and placed in therapy as the DT is saying they are going to do we shall see. There will be a last minute motion to quash this depo this soon after her release. Casey may be playing along with the DT accepting that this is the plan now. But don't be surprised once she walks out that door bucks the plan.

Casey is not going to be told what to do by her defense for long. MOO

I'm with you.. Her giving a depo on the 19th won't happen...JMHO

To be "under oath" doesn't seem to mean doodly squat to KC or the rest of her tribe.

I personally think her therapy can wait 72 hours after her release. Too bad Judge Perry can't issue an order demanding that she appear at the depo. I would love to see her go, lie and get tossed in jail for perjury. But odds are, it just won't happen.

The clerks office info on this case shows that some trial testimony was filed in this case ia few days ago. Is there any way we can see what that is? Wonder what parts.

Everything about Zanny.
That Zanny was thought to exist until 6 weeks before trial... that she kept up the lie that long.

I'm kind of skeptical that she'll show up for this because I think that her attorneys will find a way for her to weasel her way out of it. But if she refuses to show up for a valid reason, would she be held in contempt?

I'm kind of skeptical that she'll show up for this because I think that her attorneys will find a way for her to weasel her way out of it. But if she refuses to show up for a valid reason, would she be held in contempt?

She's a convicted felon, so maybe the three strikes law can help out here...and isn't she on some kind of probation?

Casey could still take the 5th as to those specific lies for which she was convicted until the appeal process is over, because there is a risk of retrial. And unfortunately, there is almost nothing ZG's lawyers could ask that we would be interested in hearing that wouldn't somehow connect with the lie that Casey dropped off Caylee with ZFG at Sawgrass apartments.

I assumed she wouldn't appeal, but JB said that she might. ZG's lawyers might at least want to reschedule the depo after the appeal time ends--prob 30 days or so.

Not a three strikes felony = bad checks
No probation= already served

I assumed she wouldn't appeal, but JB said that she might. ZG's lawyers might at least want to reschedule the depo after the appeal time ends--prob 30 days or so.

I think it would probably be wise for Morgan to do that. I can see Casey's attorney appealing right before her deposition so that she wouldn't have to answer any interesting questions. If that were the case, could he take part of her deposition then and reschedule the rest for later?

I think it would probably be wise for Morgan to do that. I can see Casey's attorney appealing right before her deposition so that she wouldn't have to answer any interesting questions. If that were the case, could he take part of her deposition then and reschedule the rest for later?

Yes, but it would be a disappointing deposition if he can't ask anything that implicates her in a lie about dropping off Caylee with ZFG at Sawgrass.

What's the date of the civil trial? I seem to remember it's in mid-August, but vaguely remember the date changed.

I doubt that KC will be available for this depo. I think the plan is for KC to leave Orlando upon release from jail. I remember way back when, KC bragged to someone (Robin?) that when she got out of jail JB promised she'd be lying on a beach in Miami sunbathingl I'm wondering if that's where she's headed............put up at a private residence or a hotel in Miami pending her first official interview.

Didn't OJ just refuse to show up for the Goldmans' civil suit against him, thus causing a default judgment to be entered against him? Is that the applicable law in Florida?

Didn't OJ just refuse to show up for the Goldmans' civil suit against him, thus causing a default judgment to be entered against him? Is that the applicable law in Florida?

That could happen too, yes.

I can find no information that Simpson wasn't at his civil trial. He seems to have given testimony which partly sunk him.

Simpson's Own Testimony

Our legal system is designed to allow a criminal defendant to decline to take the witness stand, not so in a civil lawsuit. Jurors' judgments of Simpson's performance were a key factor in the jury finding him liable. The credibility of his entire testimony was called in to question. Note that most opinion polls taken after Simpson took the stand showed many people found his spousal abuse denial quite incredulous.

Yes, but it would be a disappointing deposition if he can't ask anything that implicates her in a lie about dropping off Caylee with ZFG at Sawgrass.

Couldn't he ask her what really happened, though? Like ask her to tell the drowning story?

Couldn't he ask her what really happened, though? Like ask her to tell the drowning story?

Not while she's appealing the lying convictions (if she appeals) IMO. Any answer she would give would prove that she did, in fact, lie when she told LE that she left Caylee with ZFG at Sawgrass.

Do you think they will hide her in mental health facility and get doc to say too ill right now to participate to buy some time?

I would think she would want to give public IV for money before doing this depo or no one might want to pay if she answers questions here. I guess for depo she could just take the 5th and then do IV after it.

I think her IV window is rather short. A few months from now people won't care as much.

He showed up and yes, his testimony helped sink him. He said he never wore those "Ugly-*advertiser censored** shoes" but they found photos of him in those same "Ugly-*advertiser censored**" shoes.

However, the civil trial attorneys did a much better job of detailing the evidence and didn't have as much of the circus atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73