What questions are still unanswered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Casey's comment at the beginning of an early jailhouse tape, before her parents even sat down: "Don't worry, I haven't told them anything" (or something like that).

2) Lee's comment to Casey during a jailhouse visit: "Is this like the last time"?

3) Lee's memorial speech during Caylee's memorial service: "CMA- I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you."

Yes! Yes! Yes! All three. Double thanks!

I think Casey is/was strarving for attention. She got it with Caylee around her friends. I also think she was a spoiled little brat that got away with things with her parents until Caylee came along. Then Caylee got the spoiling and Casey was now expected to suddenly grow up and take care of her little girl.
That makes a lot of sense to me. Did they raise her as the Little Princess and when that didn't work out so well passed the crown (adoration, attention, compliments) to Caylee?
Was Casey the favoured child and Lee just 'the other one'.? Is that why he reacted so strongly to being left out of the loop about her pregnancy? Was he always left out? If that exclusion had been a one-time, quirky event in the family history wouldn't all have been forgiven when Casey named her daughter CayLEE? On the other hand, if my sister had killed her baby I'd be crying at the trial too.

I still wonder what casey meant when she laughingly replied - don't worry - I havent told anyone yet (paraphrased) in the jailhouse tapes with CA and GA.

When Casey was still maintaining Zanny kidnapped Caylee, Casey said in the jail house taped visit with Lee. "Look close to home, places familiar to our family" That sounds more like a tip off to where the Caylees body was than ever it does looking for a kidnapped alive Caylee with the babysitter.

I think Casey is/was strarving for attention. She got it with Caylee around her friends. I also think she was a spoiled little brat that got away with things with her parents until Caylee came along. Then Caylee got the spoiling and Casey was now expected to suddenly grow up and take care of her little girl. Looks like from Caylee's room at the grandparents, she was a little girl whom was loved and given lots of attention.

AND money. G & C spent a LOT of money on Caylee and thats only on the material things we see in her bedroom and backyard.

just watched some videos and read some things about the case. Seems Casey wanted to put Caylee up for adoption at birth, but Cindy refused. Lee also said he thought Casey resented her mother for among other things, she was the first to hold Caylee after birth, not Casey. The fight on fathers day was about Cindy adopting Caylee. Also, the place Caylee was found had one home with the last name of Gonzales on one side and Zeineida on the other. I think she had that planned that she would be essentially telling the "TRUTH" in her sick mind to pass a lie detector if needed.
I try to keep an open mind, but after watching some of the jail house tapes, it is all about her, not once did she ask, what is going on with the search, I miss my precious daughter...nothing!

I am surprised as well, the book about the case has at least two of her friends saying that Casey said she needed to be institutionalized and that she was losing it, basically...I am surprised the defense did not work harder to get Casey examined and certified with post-partum or something...and why these friends could not have testified to how she was acting the year before Caylee ended up dying...
I know, there are probably evidence rules that prevented this testimony from coming in, but I believe that a lot of people knew Casey was losing her mind and did nothing about it, just closed their eyes and prayed for the best, IMO.

I suspect that she was psychologically evaluated, but the results are not favorable to the defense. I have been thinking about this all day after listening to audio of Annie Downing's police interview. When Annie said Casey had urgently spoken to her about "needing help" and possibly being institutionalized, my heart sank. Something very serious is wrong with Casey. I think she may have a condition by which she loses contact with reality, i.e., psychotic.

If you look at her recent life, she really didn't have any real friends to speak of, she was isolated, living in a world of fantasy, unemployed, and becoming a peripheral object in the eyes of her parents, displaced by their interest in Caylee. And she was at the age when young people have to make serious life decisions and seemed completely lost and trapped in a spiral of desperate and dangerous behavior. She was also apparently extremely promiscuous, which I see as a huge red flag.

Some serious condition underlies her behavior. I wish I knew more about psychological diagnoses to understand what it could be. There are moments when I have compassion for her. And then those moments disappear. I vacillate so much about this case.

Acetone is sold in the painting aisle at home depot. I have some in my shed right now; I've used it for paint and glue removal.

Doubt this is still done today but I have seen acetone used to remove TAPE residue from human skin, among other things. It used to be a common item in doctors offices and hospitals. Maybe it still is; I don't know.
Acetone is sold in the painting aisle at home depot. I have some in my shed right now; I've used it for paint and glue removal.

Sorry for re-post. I'm still learning :)

1. What is the motive?

2. Howcome no one smelled the decomposition coming from the woods? No one ever walked by there? I've smelled a dead dog rotting from 50 ft away(only estimating) it was in the woods and I investigated what it was hoping it wasn't a dead body.

3. How did she get her body into the trunk without no one seeing? Or did she die in the trunk? Did it happen during the day or night?

4. Why not confess if it was a supposed accident?

5. Why didn't the tow company call the cops because of the smell?
IMO she decomposed so rapidly in the Florida heat, the smell would only linger for a week or two and since school was not in during that time, maybe no one goes down that road much. NOW with that said, our local schools (I'm in SC) have staff working at the actual school even during the summer so I guess no one drove with the windows down to work?

Why wasn't this allowed in?

Cindy's myspace:

Thursday, July 03, 2008

She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?

Casey's myspace:

July 7: "What is given, Can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies."

I wish this had been included in testimony, as it would go to Casey's jealous mindset.

After reading this Myspace note again, and George's suicide letter, I can't help but think that, rather than writing dramatic prose to one another, George and Cindy really needed to learn the art of direct communication. It probably would have gone a long way in the family's relationship to one another, and it would have helped to prevent their daughter from treating them both like doormats.

1. As a former homicide investigator,George acknowledged he knew the smell of human decomp. Why did he not call 911 after he opened the trunk?

2.Why was George so forthcoming with investigators during those initial interviews. Especially his statements that he knew the smell was that of human decomp. He implicates his daughter during the interviews, then turns around and participates in the "my daughter is innocent" campaign.

No, I don't buy the DT story. Yet, these questions about George have been lingering in my mind for quite some time.

3. What is the real reason Casey held on to the body for so long? It certainly was not because of a lack of places to dispose of the body in Orlando,FL. She was just lazy. Nope, I don't buy that.

Yes.

Why does George remember exactly what Caylee was wearing that day?
Did George typically call Law Enforcement over stolen gas cans?
Does his oft-repeated story of confronting her at the car make sense according to the cell phone evidence?
Why would Casey chloroform Caylee when a drowning would have been so much easier and achieve the same resuls?
Who is Caylee's father?
Where did Caylee die?
Who took Caylee's teddy bear from Cindy?
Did George ever have access to the Sunfire between June 16th-25th?

I have a stupid theory that Casey and her dad conspired to kill Cindy with chloroform. (b/c Casey was about to be cut off, and George was on the outs with Cindy as well). Caylee accidentally died from chloroform exposure inside the enclosed car (a situation impossible to explain). The plan is now so messed up it is impossible to pursue. Or maybe Casey doused her mom's car with chloroform thinking it would kill her, and she keeps checking back to see if it did, and it just didn't. It's now every man for himself. When Casey is arrested, she sees no way out except to continue lying. When she is caught she is furious b/c she's going to go to jail and her dad isn't. But she still can't explain anything because telling the truth puts her in even hotter water than where she already is. George completely turns on her and does everything he can to keep the eye away from him and on her. Casey is furious at him in the last days of trial because she's such an established liar at this point that even if she told everyone this was what happened, no one would believe her anyway, and she'd still be facing the death penalty.

Actually, I do think the chloroform must've been meant for her mom or for both her parents. I kind of think Caylee might have drunk it or accidentally inhaled it.

ETA: I don't really think the scenario of George and Casey colluding is true. But I do think George has some real strange testimony, as well as a laundry list of prior bad decisions.

My biggest question that will never be answered is how Casey messed up, did she not realize the odor would get into the vehicle?

Also: It would be interesting to know all about what Lee meant when he went to Tony's to gather Casey's things and told the boys that he was sorry and wished he could have warned them beforehand about how much trouble Casey causes or has caused in the past. Lee may have been talking about thefts and crazy lies, but it sounds like she involved other guys in her trouble before.

I would like to know why she Googled "chloroform habit".

that's a good point. Hadn't thought about it until reading your post. Maybe she wanted to know what the side effects would be on Caylee and if they would be obvious - physical, mental etc

I have never seen it mentioned or addressed in any of the interviews, but I remember when Cindy brought KC back from Tony's and Lee was there he asked KC (laughing of course) if this was like the time before? That has always stuck in my mind and wondered if she had tried something similar before such as hide Caylee from them or pretended to run away with her. Had she been 'practicing'?

If you could find that quote you would be a hero.

There is a new thread just posted where the ex-wife of Rick, Cindy's brother, claims that Cindy called her mother to tell her about the fight on the 15th and that the car and both Caylee and Casey were gone by the time Cindy woke up on the 16th (whew!) Check it out!

After reading this tidbit I would really like to know what ICA was saying to TL in those early morning texts and the phone calls

I still don't get how Yuri Melich and ALL the other LE officers didn't check out Caseys car or smell this odor everyone else claims was so obvious and foul on that night in July. Cindy's 911 call clearly said "I found my daughters car today and it smells like theres been a dead body in the damn car" Didn't 911 pass on that allegation? How come LE didn't smell it in passing through the garage and by smelling it, recognize it as decomposition? It wouldn't have changed a whole lot because little Caylee was dead but I am curious why they didn't. Yuri Melich stated on the stand, that at the time they were looking for a live Caylee because of Caseys allegations of her being kidnapped and that any funky smell was peripheral. If the smell was so clearly decomposition to the point experts jumped back 2 steps, why LE didn't at least check it out.

I still don't get how Dr Vass claimed to have taken several steps backwards smelling the decomposition. This man works at a body farm studying decomposition day in day out in varying stages, situations and environments. If we go with the theory that Caylee was indeed decomposing in the trunk, one would assume these smells would be relatively normal even somewhat faded given the time frame and mode of containing for forensics.

IF we assume the accidental drowning theory, I never understood why so many people found it absurd duct tape could of been placed post mortem to stop body fluids leaking out of the nose and mouth or to stop bugs entering her body. When someone panics, clear logical rational thought flys out the window. Clearly evidenced by the fact they are now going to bury/dispose of the child and not call 911 and go through normal motions. People are looking at these scenarios and apply their own logical rational and clearly thought out applications when this who story is void of all of that on all levels.

I never understood why Dr G could claim that 100% of accidents are reported to 911. Clearly if they aren't reported to 911 there is no record of it. So she can not state that 100% is indeed a fact. There are millions of children missing. Many children in the welfare system, foster care system, just fall off the face of the earth.

Why did Casey lose her job?

Dr. Fessel -- I read in the discovery somewhere that she lost her job simply because she stopped going. They fired her because she quit showing up for work. I do not have a link to prove it, and frankly too lazy to go digging around for it, but it is there if anyone else wants to go looking for it.

There is a new thread just posted where the ex-wife of Rick, Cindy's brother, claims that Cindy called her mother to tell her about the fight on the 15th and that the car and both Caylee and Casey were gone by the time Cindy woke up on the 16th (whew!) Check it out!

I doubt that it is correct, the 31 day timeline shows Casey uploading pictures from the PC the morning of the 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny