2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cardinal rule between them, everything will be all right as long as she and he keep the secret. A private matter between he and CMA.
That secret was only working out for him as far as I can tell.
He wasn't behind bars and as long as she didn't tell he could remain that way?
that's my thinking
- pretty sure now CMA was Casey
- it was a message to keep her mouth shut.

And here's the most sickening part of that ridiculous eulogy (paraphrasing)

I'm so PROUD of you (PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!) and I hope you are proud of me too - ugh spontaneous gag reflex :loser:

You've taught me how to be strong and when to be weak (something like this) -- it's ludicrous -- the whole eulogy :loser:

jimo

as long as the conversation was about a matter under their jurisdiction. The statute is broad and covers any materially false statement which I assume hers were (I haven't viewed the tape). This statute is much criticized because of it's breadth and impact.

Here's the statute in relevant part:

§ 1001. Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

Here is a excerpt from a recent article critical of this statute:

Federal agents have the right to lie to you-and to put you in prison if you lie to them. Any citizen who makes even a single-word false utterance (”no,” “yes”) to a federal agent faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

The false statements law conveys so much power that, according to Solicitor General Seth Waxman, it could allow federal agents to “escalate completely innocent conduct into a felony.” One federal judge condemned the law for encouraging “inquisition as a method of criminal investigation.”

In 1998 the Supreme Court reinforced the power of federal agents when it upheld the conviction of New York union official James Brogan. He was surprised at home one evening by two investigators who asked him if he had received any cash or gifts from a real estate company whose employees were represented by his union. He answered no-which, the investigators knew, was false-and received a prison sentence for his one-word answer. (The jury also convicted Brogan of unlawfully receiving $150 in gratuities from the company-a misdemeanor.)

She sure did lie to Nick Savage in this discussion. However, he even says "we're just talking, just having a conversation". I bet it wouldn't hold water.

However, how can a client and an attorney refuse to speak to an investigating body? Savage says the FBI had been wanting to speak to KC, and they felt stonewalled by JB.

I wish the interview would be with Judge Jeanine instead of Greta. Judge Jeanine doesn't hold back on opinions. Greta goes with the flow... IMO

I think back on the OJ trial and my late Mom (almost 96) used to say that Greta -- runs with the hare and the hounds!!! I never really knew what she meant, but now I do -- thanks:seeya:

The only thing besides the Feds doing something is that someone get a book out before Casey does and show why she is guilty.

Otherwise just drop it and protest if she shows up at your local book store.

Aphrodite Jones has a special Monday night on Discovery/ID "Behind the Verdict" FYI...

fantastic, a 5th person to come along and tell us gems such as how there was no evidence and casey shoulda called the cops after she came home in 31 days to find her kid missing and they coulda been murderers too to convict her of anything at all :sick:

Did it ever occur to them that the 31 days only occurred due to CA standing for no more of KC's crap! It would have gone on much longer had CA let KC stay MIA.

Did it ever occur to them that KC's MIA was her ensuring the body would decompose. KC knew at some point, she would have to tell CA and GA that Caylee had been kidnapped, but after that length of time, she knew if the body was found, there would be nothing left to process.

Not one juror could figure this out and find her culpable?

Did anyone witness SS drive the car off the dock ramp?

IMO

I'm so PROUD of you (PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!) and I hope you are proud of me too - ugh spontaneous gag reflex :loser:

You've taught me how to be strong and when to be weak (something like this) -- it's ludicrous -- the whole eulogy :loser:

jimo

[ame="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/02/10/sot.lee.anthony.caylee.memorial.cnn"]Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com[/ame]

~snipped
Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say.

what does he mean?For those that know the answers be compassionate and allow your conscience to speak when your mind can't comprehend it.

Is he talking about how Caylee died here?

This family is united! But this family is incomplete. I’m incomplete. I’m broken. C- M- A (pauses to kiss his wrist) C- M- A, each day you continue to teach me about life, and about the way that it should be lived, each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. Its been so long since I’ve been able see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. C-M-A I miss you, I love you, I am so proud of you, I hope you’re proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."
yes it was to her.

i dunno sounds like maybe Lee was there? he hasn't ratted her out yet?
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

~snipped
Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say.

what does he mean?For those that know the answers be compassionate and allow your conscience to speak when your mind can't comprehend it.

This family is united! But this family is incomplete. I’m incomplete. I’m broken. C- M- A (pauses to kiss his wrist) C- M- A, each day you continue to teach me about life, and about the way that it should be lived, each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. Its been so long since I’ve been able see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. C-M-A I miss you, I love you, I am so proud of you, I hope you’re proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."
yes it was to her.

And this is the same man JB says had a paternity test, as he may have followed in daddy's footsteps!!! Ugh

imo

A WONDERFUL thought just hit me in the midst of this chaos over the verdict.

You ready to hear this?

Remember when it was mentioned of ICA's DEEP DEEP jealousy of her mom since Caylee's birth? Remember how the two of them are constantly vying for attention and always trying to ONE UP each other?

A wonderful thought just hit me a bit ago as I was reading about Caylee's Law.

If you thought ICA was throwing temper tantrums before?

She's REALLY gonna be upset when she realizes *her magical thinking is always delayed reaction* that there is absolutely NO credit she can take for being Caylee's parent and helping bring this new law into being. One woman's passion turned into hundreds of thousands of signatures on a petition which in turn ALL our reps and congress people and others? Are enacting into a LAW with Caylee's name on it!

Can't one up that one now can ya? ;)

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

~snipped

yes it was to her.

None of this speech makes any sense -- is there anyone out there who can put this into context for us???

cma cma cma

puke

jimo

Is this the guy who supposedly took copious notes -- love to read them!!!!

IIRC, HHJP personally burned all the jurors notes. Of course, I can't find a link but I know I read it recently, probably on clickorlando.com

None of this speech makes any sense -- is there anyone out there who can put this into context for us???

It's very simple to decipher what he's saying. He's ICA's brother. They were ONCE very close. It's him talking directly to ICA. The means and the knowledge to faciliate the answers that our family deserves? ICA knows. And he knows she knows.

Allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say? ICA's silence

Seeking closure? ICA once again.

He is sending a direct message to her.

That he knows. He's always known. He was the one that tried to help with her laptop before it became evidence. Something was ON that laptop that he wishes he never knew.

out of ALL the people in that family? *no offense to the grandparents* LA was ALWAYS close to ICA.

"I will never forget"

And I'm sure he won't either. I am almost positive that he will get to the truth if he doesn't already have a really good idea of what that truth is. I have faith that one day, someday?

LA will be the one to tell everyone what happened. And why he's been so disconnected and keeping a low profile. Especially after all the accusations she made against him. It probably was not what he expected out of their relationship after all these years.

He never had a problem with speaking Caylee's name before the memorial service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member