The Jury Hangs - Justice Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been more thankful for a hung jury as when I heard that clerk say that Casey Anthony was not guilty... What a sad day. :(

Justice for MY, better a re-do than nothing...

Amen to that!! I had the exact thought and feeling.

Amen to that!! I had the exact thought and feeling.

I am embarassed for her parents, as I'm sure they want her in jail as much (if not more) than the rest of Americans. I'd waste my life savings on a hotel before I slept in the same house as that pathological lying excuse for a human. :banghead:

On a side note, keep me updated if any breaking news comes out about the JLY case... because of the low publicity nation wide, its hard for me to get updates here in Michigan! Although, I could just "google" it once an hour like I am now... hehe but then I wouldn't get the unembellished (by the media)truth and insight from JTF, my hero sleuther. :cheer:

Fingers crossed for a retrial, see ya'll around! :seeya: :grouphug:

I am embarassed for her parents, as I'm sure they want her in jail as much (if not more) than the rest of Americans. I'd waste my life savings on a hotel before I slept in the same house as that pathological lying excuse for a human. :banghead:

On a side note, keep me updated if any breaking news comes out about the JLY case... because of the low publicity nation wide, its hard for me to get updates here in Michigan! Although, I could just "google" it once an hour like I am now... hehe but then I wouldn't get the unembellished (by the media)truth and insight from JTF, my hero sleuther. :cheer:

Fingers crossed for a retrial, see ya'll around! :seeya: :grouphug:

OT:
Well very interesting that her mother (Cindy) would blatantly lie for her on the stand. I believe she has been an enabler for Casey's entire life. She must have believed that evidence (of chloroform searches) was very damaging to Casey's trial... and that infers that she probably thought Casey may have been using it on Caylee IMO. Though maybe not believing that she meant to kill Caylee, she must have had an awful feeling knowing Casey would actually do it. She told a flat out lie on the stand, with a straight face. She looked nothing like JY when he was obviously lying (see 'broken inside')... it is easy to see where Casey got her lying talents IMO. I am personally waiting to see if in the future, George gets 'kicked out' and Casey moves back in with mom.

We will try to keep you updated.

I didn't follow the case anywhere near as close as the Young trial, but enough to know she's a liar, and there is no reasonable explanation for her odd behaviors... Sounds similar. People who lie their whole lives are surrounded by people who accept the lies... Its obvious to me too that her mom is the enabler.

My parents would do a lot to keep me from getting the death sentence... #1being, and IMO the only thing necessary, to raise me in a way that I would never, ever find myself up against it. After that, its a whole new ball game, and God's the pitcher.

I wouldn't be surprised if your prediction rings true sooner than later. So sad.

I was checking out this thread while waiting for the Anthony verdict; I've followed this thread at the beginning of the Young case but failed to keep up with the details. I was shocked to see a hung jury in this case and I remember thinking "oh no, don't let this happen in the Casey Anthony trial". Well, I'm double shocked to say the least...

Praying that justice will be done for Michelle and her unborn child --

Not to post off topic, but have you locals seen Shaniya Davis mother has been charged with first degree murder and is under arrest? I posted it over on the Shaniya Davis thread, So glad to hear mother has finally been charged. Now waiting to see what happens in the Young case.

I went to a local hair salon today, and the main topics of conversation were the CA verdict and the JY hung jury. People are outraged with CA getting away with murder; most commented that we will hear her name again in the future, just like OJ.

One lady presented an interesting scenario. She said that CA will resume going out to bars and partying. She predicted that there will come a night in a bar where some young mother who has had a few too many drinks will confront CA about the murder of Caylee and after a verbal altercation, this lady will probably beat the ever-living he!! out of her. The irony of that scenario would be that the lady would probably wind up with a felony record, while CA only has misdemeanors against her. So much for the American justice system.

On the JY hung jury, people here are really in shock. Everyone who was in the salon today believe he is guilty. I just sat and listened today and was impressed with how many locals had followed the trial and knew the details of the prosecution's and defense's cases. The subject of whether or not there would be a retrial came up, and a few people said that word on the street here is that there will not be a retrial anytime soon. I have no idea where these people got this information from, but I guess we will find out if they are right or not on July 20th. A lot of people here do not like JY and if he does make bond, I'm not sure he would find living back in his hometown to be a pleasant experience. When he lived here for 3 years before his arrest, people did not know the details that they now know, and people seem to believe that justice has not been done in this case yet.

Fingers crossed for a retrial, see ya'll around! :seeya: W:grouphug:

Try to stay close, No Coinky - Your insights and other juicy comments would be missed too much!!

We've got the Abaroa (Janet, the dead one; and Raven, the loving, unfaithful, plead-guilty-to-embezzlement, narcissistic, etc., etc., husband) thing coming up, as you probably know. This one occurred in Durham, NC, about 25--30 miles from here -- home of the Duke Blue Devils. April, 2006, stabbed to death, their 6 mo. old son fine in another room, etc., etc.

(Yes, there's got to be something in the water around here...)

Then extradition back to NC, and a murder trial scheduled for August 1, 2011. So, there it is, in a little husband-nut-shell.... No idea if it will be broadcast, but one of the stations that brought us the JLY trial is a Durham TV station...

Sound enticing??? Not that there are not interesting crimes in Michigan, I'm sure....

So stay tuned and help us call a coinky-dink a "No Coincidence!" :seeya: ((hugs))

Try to stay close, No Coinky - Your insights and other juicy comments would be missed too much!!

We've got the Abaroa (Janet, the dead one; and Raven, the loving, unfaithful, plead-guilty-to-embezzlement, narcissistic, etc., etc., husband) thing coming up, as you probably know. This one occurred in Durham, NC, about 25--30 miles from here -- home of the Duke Blue Devils. April, 2006, stabbed to death, their 6 mo. old son fine in another room, etc., etc.

(Yes, there's got to be something in the water around here...)

Then extradition back to NC, and a murder trial scheduled for August 1, 2011. So, there it is, in a little husband-nut-shell.... No idea if it will be broadcast, but one of the stations that brought us the JLY trial is a Durham TV station...

Sound enticing??? Not that there are not interesting crimes in Michigan, I'm sure....

So stay tuned and help us call a coinky-dink a "No Coincidence!" :seeya: ((hugs))

You are too sweet! I have a dry, saracstic, abrupt sense of humor and I'm flattered that someone actually likes it. Hehe! I will definitely stay tuned! This Abaroa case sounds interesting, ill have to read up on it a bit more. I've never been a sleuther until now, as I stumbled on the story of the Youngs, and it was impossible to avoid thoughts about it. I am so so glad I've met ya'll!

As for cases in Michigan... IMO, people are either much angrier, impulsive, or think they're wearing harry potters invisible cloak, because there's really not much mystery! Did you see the newest nut-job that went on a killing spree in Grand Rapids, Mi? I swear... My interests are in the mystery... Or what seems like one. (We know better!) I'm a curious gal.

What are ya following now? I posted (rather obnoxiously) on GOLO. If you want to chuckle, check it out. Talk soon :great:

Rascal Flatts' Gary LeVox teamed up with country comedian/radio host Cledus T. Judd and famed songwriter Jimmy Yeary to write a song for Caylee. The tune, performed by Shane Hines, is called 'She's Going Places.'

I think this song sums up the sadness that most people in this country feel about the loss of this precious little girl. I hope you will listen.

http://www.theboot.com/2011/07/08/song-for-caylee-anthony-shes-going-places/

You are too sweet! I have a dry, saracstic, abrupt sense of humor and I'm flattered that someone actually likes it. Hehe! I will definitely stay tuned! This Abaroa case sounds interesting, ill have to read up on it a bit more. I've never been a sleuther until now, as I stumbled on the story of the Youngs, and it was impossible to avoid thoughts about it. I am so so glad I've met ya'll!

As for cases in Michigan... IMO, people are either much angrier, impulsive, or think they're wearing harry potters invisible cloak, because there's really not much mystery! Did you see the newest nut-job that went on a killing spree in Grand Rapids, Mi? I swear... My interests are in the mystery... Or what seems like one. (We know better!) I'm a curious gal.

What are ya following now? I posted (rather obnoxiously) on GOLO. If you want to chuckle, check it out. Talk soon :great:

On GOLO - OHNO :noooo: :eek: that's a he!! no :eek:hwow: :anguish: :shocked2: :yuck: :floorlaugh:
I've sure been tempted, but it's too much like herding a bunch of cats... at least the few I've read on the Casey Anthony case were a bit more reasonable, but no more um, er, closer to being nominees for mensa, IMO. But I do support their rights to do it -- it is a very wonderful thing we have here, this freedom-of-speech thing -- being able to participate in forums or blogs, etc., but it should be coupled with a good dose of responsibility and fairness.

I am brushing up on the Abaroa case now -- I followed it as it was unfolding in the media, but have gotten a bit side-tracked (!) -- but that will probably be my next time sucker-upper.

I did hear (read) about the G.R. spree -- but now that you bring it up, I'll have to go check on it....

Yes, keep in touch!
icon7.gif

Is anyone else concerned that when the parties that be (can't remember what the group is called) meet next week to decide upon whether to retry Jason Young, that they will worry that jurors' may fear serving on a jury in a controversial case after the Casey Anthony outcome?

I believe he needs to be re-tried to get justice for Michele and baby. I hope the DA pursues this further, and that they don't assume, based on the first JY trial and the CA trial outcomes, the jury will do the same as in the Anthony case so it's therefore not worth pursuing.

I think a set of Raleigh jurors could perhaps be influenced by the jurors' decision in the Anthony case. In other words, "well if they didn't convict Casey based on that evidence, then we should find reasonable doubt in Jason's trial, too." That thought scares me.

Is anyone else concerned that when the parties that be (can't remember what the group is called) meet next week to decide upon whether to retry Jason Young, that they will worry that jurors' may fear serving on a jury in a controversial case after the Casey Anthony outcome?

I believe he needs to be re-tried to get justice for Michele and baby. I hope the DA pursues this further, and that they don't assume, based on the first JY trial and the CA trial outcomes, the jury will do the same as in the Anthony case so it's therefore not worth pursuing.

I think a set of Raleigh jurors could perhaps be influenced by the jurors' decision in the Anthony case. In other words, "well if they didn't convict Casey based on that evidence, then we should find reasonable doubt in Jason's trial, too." That thought scares me.
Actually, I think the opposite may well occur. The jury pool has seen how outraged the public is about the CA unjust verdict and will be better focused on what 'reasonable doubt' really means. The totality of the case should be their guide and I think it will be in round 2.

I agree, JTF - I think a jury would want to pay special attention to what "reasonable doubt" means in the courtroom as well as being very attentive to evidence -- since it does seem to me, and many others, that the Anthony jury really didn't pay much attention to it when it was produced during the CIC's nor in the jury room. I think the jurors might just take pride in being very observant. And with luck, they will be able to select a good foreperson.

Actually, I think the opposite may well occur. The jury pool has seen how outraged the public is about the CA unjust verdict and will be better focused on what 'reasonable doubt' really means. The totality of the case should be their guide and I think it will be in round 2.

I had the same thought, JTF.

It is hard to say what juries are thinking these days. I sure hope the state can tighten down some loose ends this time. I have thought for some time that the juries have become very specific on what they want: Hard evidence. In BC case, the map was the hard evidence. In JY, I think it was more difficult for the jury to figure out some things that did not appear to be hard evidence. To me, the shoe was very hard evidence, but apparently they did not see it that way. In the CA case, that whole case was a mess, but I can not understand how she was not at least convicted on one of the lesser charges, ie. manslaughter or child abuse. Something just doesn't feel right about that case. Perhaps you are right, JTF. I sure hope so. All of this is moo.

1- DA's announcement for retrial intentions or possible plea deal
2- Bond hearing

1- DA's announcement for retrial intentions or possible plea deal
2- Bond hearing

Does anybody think JLY will even consider a plea deal? Where the 1st jury was 8:4, then 10:2?

That was almost a home-run -- but we're not playing horseshoes here, Sports Fans. His attys are smart; they know the odds for a re-trial; he did take the stand & go on record. Will Mama allow him to plead? Would he cop to 2nd degree? Would they offer 2nd Degree?

And what would be the sentence on a plea deal?

Level I - Class B2 Felony - 2nd Degree Murder
Mitigated...........94--125 months (shouldn't be Mitigated)
Presumptive .....125--157 months (might be Presumptive)
Aggravated ......157--196 months (ought to be Aggravated)

Does anybody think JLY will even consider a plea deal? Where the 1st jury was 8:4, then 10:2?

That was almost a home-run -- but we're not playing horseshoes here, Sports Fans. His attys are smart; they know the odds for a re-trial; he did take the stand & go on record. Will Mama allow him to plead? Would he cop to 2nd degree? Would they offer 2nd Degree?

And what would be the sentence on a plea deal?

Level I - Class B2 Felony - 2nd Degree Murder
Mitigated...........94--125 months (shouldn't be Mitigated)
Presumptive .....125--157 months (might be Presumptive)
Aggravated ......157--196 months (ought to be Aggravated)

Borndem, if I remember correctly, the first jury split was 6-6, then the second split was 8-4.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member