2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point out that CM may not believe her. He is not going to say so in public though. Just another part of the job.

guilt is a heavy burden to carry. It will last a long time, imho. I hope she sees Caylee every night when she closes her eyes. Then maybe she'll look at the evidence.

Exactly. The jurors will all be looking for sympathy before it is over. I believe in the system and I also believe they failed it by spending ZERO time looking at the EVIDENCE.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a video of Cheney before he was hired by the defense where he claims Casey is guilty?? Did I dream this?

Going to look for it.:banghead:

Just want to point out that CM may not believe her. He is not going to say so in public though. Just another part of the job.

Thanks....my thoughts, also.

They, as her defense team, can do nothing but present her story as the truth and come out afterwards and say they believe her.

Watching CM when asked if she could stay at his house was humorous. He had the look of a trapped man and he said said yes and twice repeated for a very short period of time. What else could he say?

Juror No.2, who the Times reported is a black male, married and a father of two young children, said he was the last holdout on the jury who wanted to convict Anthony on a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter, which would have carried a prison term of up to 15 years, according to the newspaper.

The prosecution's inability to prove who was Caylee's caretaker at the time of her death, Casey Anthony or the girl's grandparents, doomed the manslaughter charge, Juror No. 2 said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/07/tearful-anthony-jurors-ask-prosecutors-where-was-the-evidence/?hpt=ju_t2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been mulling this around in my head for the past 10 or so minutes, and I can't figure out what he means by this. Thoughts?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a video of Cheney before he was hired by the defense where he claims Casey is guilty?? Did I dream this?

At 2:19:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb_ZztZOKM"]YouTube - ‪LAW EXPERT DISCUSS REMAINS FOUND NEAR THE ANTHONY HOME‬‏[/ame]

Here we go.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2G0OszXEk"]YouTube - ‪Cheney Mason....really?‬‏[/ame]

The justice system of the United States, while being one of the best in the world, is only as good as the integrity of the officers of the courts that enforce it. The system must police itself and its participants to assure ongoing integrity or lose the public trust and respect.

During the Casey Anthony trial for the death of her daughter, the defense on opening day announced to the world that the death was the result of an accident in which the child drowned and that Casey and George Anthony were involved in disposing of the body of Caylee Anthony. If this had been revealed much earlier, it is possible that much of the huge cost to taxpayers might have been avoided and we believe that the Florida Bar Association should investigate when the defense attorneys became aware of this and how.

http://www.change.org/petitions/flo...?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

After the media frenzy, do you honestly think the prosecutors would have just "let it go" and cancelled the trial if the DT had come to them with this information?

I dont think he said she WAS guilty but that she would be FOUND guilty. IIRC

Juror No.2, who the Times reported is a black male, married and a father of two young children, said he was the last holdout on the jury who wanted to convict Anthony on a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter, which would have carried a prison term of up to 15 years, according to the newspaper.

The prosecution's inability to prove who was Caylee's caretaker at the time of her death, Casey Anthony or the girl's grandparents, doomed the manslaughter charge, Juror No. 2 said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/07/tearful-anthony-jurors-ask-prosecutors-where-was-the-evidence/?hpt=ju_t2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been mulling this around in my head for the past 10 or so minutes, and I can't figure out what he means by this. Thoughts?

I think in order for the manslaughter of a child to happen, the jury had to believe Casey was the caretaker of Caylee when she died but they did not seem to believe that. It seems like they thought the A's were the caretakers and just allowed Casey to "parent" on occassion. I guess they couldn't convict her of anything 'cause the relationships within the A's was so messed up. That is the impression I get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What it means imo is that they really didnt look through the evidence because if they had they wouldve easily been able to deduce who was caylees caretaker. The sa didnt put everyone elses work records into evidence just because, you know. To me its just more evidence they did not do their job. We cant do anything about it but we can give "it" as little attention as possible. I am not gonna do anymore posting about her, this case, the lawyers or the jurors. Other Children need our attention and no matter what We know the real truth and so does God. Farewell Caylee forum. And rest in peace lil angel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An alternate juror, who was present for the trial and sequestered along with the serving jurors, said he would have voted for acquittal, too.

"They didn't show us how Caylee died. They didn't show us a motive. I'm sorry people feel that way. ... These were 17 total jurors. They really listened to this case and kept an open mind," ABC News quotes Russell Huekler as saying.

The more they speak, the angrier I become...

It was told, did they not listen? They showed motive...freedom/also the contention between the two ladies of the home..they showed how Caylee could have died...chloroform/duct tape...did they not listen? Why didn't they go over ICA's initial police statement...they bought into the lies instead...:maddening:

I can't for the life of me understand, after a 10 hour deliberation, why His Honor just didn't grant the defenses motion for a mistrial. That would have kept her locked away until another trial come to pass...all this is too disheartening and those jurors now blame the State for not proving this case! Absurd..that it took three years to concoct this alleged drrowning...they fell for more lies...they really should be ashamed of themselves, but...that's human nature! JMHO

No justice came for Caylee Marie :rose:

After the media frenzy, do you honestly think the prosecutors would have just "let it go" and cancelled the trial if the DT had come to them with this information?

we had a thread on this! I hope someone investigates this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I read this article also. Was there some question about the fact that CA was at work that weekday and every week day and that George left for work somewhere between one and two.

ICA was always the only caretaker of Caylee. You have a responsibility to your child to see that your child is safe and cared for at all times.
Why was that difficult to figure out. It blows my mind!

There has to be federal charges of child neglect/abuse here someplace. All state programs are funded by the federal government. There just has to be.

A big part of the media frenzy was JB. The SA's NEVER spoke to the media. Immediately after KC's arrest for child abuse, JB went on the air making all kinds of derogatory statements and allegations against LE and the SA. Which fueled the fire and made things worse for his client. A decent defense attorney tries to maintain a working relation with the state for the good of his client. JB did the exact opposite. One of the reason the A's did not like him was because they thought JB was in it for JB.

I never really liked JVM before but I have to hand it to her. Every time CM's name is brought up, she talks about this video and that he was one of the attorneys in the media before he took the case.

Yup. What nerve to criticize the media and attorneys when he did the exact same thing. :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752