2011.07.11- 07.18 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The foreman juror seems very aggressive. I wonder if we had jurors in there that could be easily convinced by someone else's viewpoint?

The foreman juror seems very aggressive. I wonder if we had jurors in there that could be easily convinced by someone else's viewpoint?

Evidently...they even talked about George being the murderer...guess JB did his job to cast doubt and blame George for everything and the jury bought it hook, line and sinker...it also looks like anything the prosecution said landed on deaf ears...seems they had their minds basically made up that George was the evil doer....what a pity.

We are a pathetic bunch, aren't we. I personally, need a 12 step program. Try as I might, I just can't seem to stay away from here.:banghead:

The injustice is just more than I can fathom and I keep searching and reading, hoping someone has come up with a way to right what went so terribly wrong.

I share your feelings about feeling like I need a 12 step program because once I got over my initial devastation and could actually bring myself to sign back in - I came for a different reason.

I'm not here because I want to argue about the evidence or the verdict - I will but that's not what I am here for.

I'm here because I am seeking comfort. I'm seeking solace with my friends - many of whom I considered mentors, people who listened to my opinions and gently tried to steer me in a different direction, and some not so gently. And there are some familiar names here of folks I have shared two years of pain, investigative discussions and also laughter. And I take heart seeing them here also, and some new friends also who have been here because of first their hope for justice and are now here in their pain. But most of all I feel privileged to share their hearts and their friendship. I'm here now because I need them while I begin my healing process.

But I worry about the strong ones - the ones who were here standing strong until the verdict was read. And I haven't seen them again. Those who were the mainstay of the site, the keepers of the facts - the wise ones. I miss them and hope so much that they are finding comfort in their own way.

Because I am certain they need comfort as much as I do.

Trying to get away from Caseys case I started reading Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule. Ugh. Its reminding me too much of it. Dr Debora Green killed 2 of her children in a house fire and poisoned her husband. So far at the trial the DT is blaming HER DEAD SON for the arson and poisioning. Somehow though this jury isn't comprised of simpletons.

I share your feelings about feeling like I need a 12 step program because once I got over my initial devastation and could actually bring myself to sign back in - I came for a different reason.

I'm not here because I want to argue about the evidence or the verdict - I will but that's not what I am here for.

I'm here because I am seeking comfort. I'm seeking solace with my friends - many of whom I considered mentors, people who listened to my opinions and gently tried to steer me in a different direction, and some not so gently. And there are some familiar names here of folks I have shared two years of pain, investigative discussions and also laughter. And I take heart seeing them here also, and some new friends also who have been here because of first their hope for justice and are now here in their pain. But most of all I feel privileged to share their hearts and their friendship. I'm here now because I need them while I begin my healing process.

But I worry about the strong ones - the ones who were here standing strong until the verdict was read. And I haven't seen them again. Those who were the mainstay of the site, the keepers of the facts - the wise ones. I miss them and hope so much that they are finding comfort in their own way.

Because I am certain they need comfort as much as I do.

:blowkiss: I'm with you LG and miss the others too.

Trying to get away from Caseys case I started reading Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule. Ugh. Its reminding me too much of it. Dr Debora Green killed 2 of her children in a house fire and poisoned her husband. So far at the trial the DT is blaming HER DEAD SON for the arson and poisioning. Somehow though this jury isn't comprised of simpletons.

Just a thought* Jaycee Dugard's new book "A Stolen Life" comes out today or tomorrow and I'm going to order and read it. I can't think of a better story to read at this time than a book by someone who is a true survivor and despite all odds is alive to tell her story. I hope the money helps her and her children to live a very comfortable life - which is a refreshing thought considering how it boils me to think of anyone in the Anthony family profitting from Caylee's tragedy!

I was so sure that the jury would find ICA guilty. How could they not, with all that evidence from very reliable sources. Instead, they believed JB, who went on and on like he was telling them something, but spoke nothing but unbelievable nonsense.
I will keep coming here, to talk, to try to get a grip, to lose the anger I still feel at the jury who swallowed the junk instead of the science.
I expected ICA would have to pay for what she did to Caylee Marie. It is so wrong, to let her go free, knowing what she did.

I saw a tweet that said they will speak about the investigation that led to KC's arrest.

I don't think they need to and I wish they wouldn't. It was a good and fair arrest. Not sure why they even need to go there. They don't have to explain a thing.

I don't think they need to and I wish they wouldn't. It was a good and fair arrest. Not sure why they even need to go there. They don't have to explain a thing.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...estigators-in-Casey-Anthony-case-speaking-out

Lead investigators in Casey Anthony case speaking out

ORLANDO --
It was their discoveries that gave the state enough to charge Casey Anthony with murder.

Now they're ready to talk about what they discovered along the way, which put them on the stand during Anthony's trial.

----maybe it will be therapeutic for them TO talk about it, much like it is for us here. they need closure too.

http://www.wesh.com/r-video/17735629/detail.html
OCT 2008 Jose Baez "I want to make it as clear as possible...we believe Caylee is alive. I've said that from Day 1,"
:36 - we believe Caylee is alive
3:43 - we believe Caylee is alive
9:17 asked a question if defense has leads & live sightings of Caylee
JB: yes we do
9:48 - any lead that we get we pass along to LE, if they choose not to follow up on them we will

http://www.wftv.com/video/17714989/index.html
Oct 14, 2008
:29 - JB: she (Casey) has a missing child

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2011/05/15/int.grace.baez.hln.html
July 23, 2008 - Jose Baez on Nancy Grace
Talking about the airline sighting of Caylee and how he believes it to be credible
14:02
NG: did she ever have a nanny
JB: yes ZFG
14:32
JB we're looking for her (ZFG), if she's the person that kidnapped Caylee
I don't think she wants to be found at this point
17:25
JB: not joking around here we have a missing child. Please put Caylee's picture up right now

http://www.wftv.com/video/17484880/index.html
Sept 16, 2008
JB about ICA's 3rd arrest
8:12
we have a missing child we are doing everything we can to find her
if she knew where Caylee was she would the first person she would tell would be law enforcement but she does not know, I have guided her we have both worked together and we've turned over leads to law enforcement and they're not doing anything with them.

http://www.wesh.com/r-video/18533968/detail.html
January 2009
:24 JB: (about being attacked by tabloids)
3:30 no contingency book deals movie deals
9:36 I'm not in the same business as they are at defaming people or painting people in a false light

I saw a tweet that said they will speak about the investigation that led to KC's arrest.

Is this information new to the public? probably! Go ahead and tell everything the jurors ween't told. NOT that they weren't given enough... but IMO that case was tried with the jury "out" and while at sidebars. I don't get it! Why even have a trial if the major pieces of the case are kept sealed.,discussed just out of the jury's ability to hear, behind closed doors,during, before and after court? Maybe I have lost my mind but what I saw was 45% bench trial with a jury left to decide guilty or not guilty on 55% of what was presented/discussed.
-How many days were they sent home for theatrics?
-Lawyers that weren't prepared? (defense)
-Trying to slide evidence and testimony in through the out hole?(defense)
-perhaps the most damning evidence and testimony related to the computer it's discovery? Yet the original search warrants for the items are still sealed?(prosecution)(defense)
-Who was afraid of what?
-Most importantly, is another child going to risk suffering the same fate or like Caylee end up dead?

Seems to me they are back at square one.

3 years of hard work! and nothing
come on OSCO! Give us something!
Did you arrest the wrong person?
Or did you arrest the right person and the meat and potatoes are "dehydrated" and sealed?

I'm praying for RAIN and "rehydration"
Somebody needs to get back in the game and fight!
You have cell records and tower pings! All the players can be traced!
- or can they? I was convinced Caylee was last seen with Casey on the 16th. Everyone of the Anthony's have two versions of what happened June 15/16th- and the one Anthony with the truth will never tell us.
As of yet it doesn't look like the America is going to forget anytime soon.
There have even been "signs" for those that believe. Documented in pictures and video.
GA became a ghost figure on the computer when testifying about that day JA thought he made a great ghost!. A hawk landed on the 23 floor window sill of the court house. Storm clouds surrounded the Anthony home and the skies opened up.. lightning struck a tree at the site where Caylee were located.
I am of the opinion "we" have been mislead.
What has been held back should be exposed..
I pray that tomorrow there is an explanation...
Caylee deserves it.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE

..judgeS makes me smile...

bobkealing bob kealing Tweets:
Former case judge Stan Strickland told me today: "ultimate irony, #CaseyAnthony can now afford to hire a nanny."

Just a thought* Jaycee Dugard's new book "A Stolen Life" comes out today or tomorrow and I'm going to order and read it. I can't think of a better story to read at this time than a book by someone who is a true survivor and despite all odds is alive to tell her story. I hope the money helps her and her children to live a very comfortable life - which is a refreshing thought considering how it boils me to think of anyone in the Anthony family profitting from Caylee's tragedy!

Jaycee is a true mother! she protected her girls in spite of the rape. if anyone had reason to hate her girls and try to harm them was Jaycee and she never nor does she still feel this way. amazing! what an awesome mother she is to understand that her girls are innocent bystanders! I will buy and support anything Jaycee does:)

This is perfect eample of how crap gets started. I watched the interview, she didn't say anything different than the DT at trial. Caylee drowned in the pool but after the drowning Casey doewn't know what happened.

For me that just defies even a small amount of logic. Did Caylee just disappear into thin air? If JB statement is true, and George was holding Caylee in front of Casey, then Casey has to have known what happened after that moment.

Pfft.

I am HOPING they are going to explain why the knew it was Casey who was responsible for the crimes and NOT HER FATHER.

WFTV has received a call from a man in Phoenix, Arizona who said he is willing to take Casey in with him, his wife and his two children. He claims he met Casey a few years ago

I wonder if he's the guy who works at the car dealership who offered up reward money or something like that. It's been so long I can't remember now.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do agree that sequestering a jury for weeks or months on end is not a good idea. With all of the changes in the world in the past two decades, technology-wise, people are just too used to being in constant contact with other people...and if all they have is each other, locked in hotel rooms or restaurants, they will connect and communicate and form bonds. I don't know if it worked better or differently in the "old days" but this trial, if nothing else, can be used as a study for sequestration, perhaps. If it is going to be done, it has to be all the way, i.e. so that each juror has a guard outside their door, if necessary, to keep them from talking in private with each other.

If these jurors truly had not spoken about the case prior to last Monday, then it should have taken far longer than it did (11 hours) just to let off steam, talking about the case at last. They should have been tripping over each other to get their words out.

Just wanted to say that I heard the other night that the jury had access to the internet. Supposedly it was only supposed to be used to pay bills. Would be nice to see their computer activity.

I noticed CA hugging one deputy - wonder if he was one that gaurded the jurors at their hotel...

I think I heard he was an OCSO chaplain.

If you're one of the people who plan to boycott the Anthonys making any money off of Caylee you might want to hold off on buying that book until her publisher issues a statement that they aren't paying CA for her book.

“A Stolen Life,” Jaycee Dugard
Publishing Details
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Pu
Date: July 12, 2011
ISBN13: 9781451629187
ISBN: 1451629184
BINC: 3343226

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online