NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would the Dr call SG mother, even telling her his name, if he was involved with Shannan's disappearance???

Is it possible that the police, for unknown reasons, have asked the Dr not to admit offically that he made those calls? and that the Dr now do that anyway because so much is posted about him on the different LISK forums?

This whole Dr issue is a mystery to me!

I know, common sense would make one believe it was someone pretending to be him. One thing that crossed my mind is he didn't think much would come of this (it was before the bodies were found). LE were not believing Shannan's family. Maybe he just figured people would believe him. In his mind, he is more respectable? IDK, throwing ideas out here.

I wonder why LE would ask him not to admit it. It just does seem not smart to make those calls if you were trying to hide something. But maybe he wasn't thinking clearly...panicked about something. ??? moo.

But why would the Dr call SG mother, even telling her his name, if he was involved with Shannan's disappearance???

Is it possible that the police, for unknown reasons, have asked the Dr not to admit offically that he made those calls? and that the Dr now do that anyway because so much is posted about him on the different LISK forums?

This whole Dr issue is a mystery to me!

It might all be much ado about nothing. According to Newsday, the Suffolk County Police Department clearly stated he is, quote, "not a suspect". Then again, maybe that's just a tactic they're trying. What is clear is that SC Police Commisonor Dormer says they have no idea what happened to Gilbert, no suspects in sight regarding the 10 sets of remains, only that they're "making progress", which I translate as " we got nothing, but we're trying".

As for some of the other theories I've read here, the entire 'mob involvment & most of Oak Beach' conspiracy, has no real validity. It seems to have been advanced by a lone person with his own agenda.

Serial killers act alone. Burlap is an uncommon material. Those are the only 2 facts, IMO, that can be trusted at this point.

Pigion people ? Pigion ****, IMO.

given the timing and location of this possible suicide, SCPD should look close enough to make sure Mr Hyde isn't imitating the SK 'Trinity' from Dexter. (his 2nd kill of 3 is always forcing a mother to jump to her death leaving no trace of an actual murder)

You would probably need to land perfectly wrong to die from that jump though (assuming you know how to swim), the bridge isn't terribly high off the water.

With the recent press yesterday and today, Mr Hyde might be thinking, "one last kill, before I fall". He could car jack a woman then make her jump, or make it look like she jumped, taker her somewhere and ultimately put her back in the water as if she jumped. Better yet, he could have reversed the order, kidnapped or carjacked her, taken her somewhere, did his thing, then brought her to the bridge for the send off... if a body shows up, the autopsy should at least look at that possibility. If her family and friends say "not suicidal" and the letter is short, then it could have been forced.

Just when I thought there wasn't anything left to sleuth regarding this case...

given the timing and location of this possible suicide, SCPD should look close enough to make sure Mr Hyde isn't imitating the SK 'Trinity' from Dexter. (his 2nd kill of 3 is always forcing a mother to jump to her death leaving no trace of an actual murder)

You would probably need to land perfectly wrong to die from that jump though (assuming you know how to swim), the bridge isn't terribly high off the water.

With the recent press yesterday and today, Mr Hyde might be thinking, "one last kill, before I fall". He could car jack a woman then make her jump, or make it look like she jumped, taker her somewhere and ultimately put her back in the water as if she jumped. Better yet, he could have reversed the order, kidnapped or carjacked her, taken her somewhere, did his thing, then brought her to the bridge for the send off... if a body shows up, the autopsy should at least look at that possibility. If her family and friends say "not suicidal" and the letter is short, then it could have been forced.

Just when I thought there wasn't anything left to sleuth regarding this case...

I had the same thought but decided I was being too paranoid. Due to the proximity to Oak Beach, I actually thought maybe someone pulled her over with a red flashing light and she thought it was a cop, then the person abducted her and staged a suicide. But I think my imagination is running wild. Either way, it needs to be looked at closely and I hope the poor woman's family gets some answers.

It might all be much ado about nothing. According to Newsday, the Suffolk County Police Department clearly stated he is, quote, "not a suspect". Then again, maybe that's just a tactic they're trying. What is clear is that SC Police Commisonor Dormer says they have no idea what happened to Gilbert, no suspects in sight regarding the 10 sets of remains, only that they're "making progress", which I translate as " we got nothing, but we're trying".

As for some of the other theories I've read here, the entire 'mob involvment & most of Oak Beach' conspiracy, has no real validity. It seems to have been advanced by a lone person with his own agenda.

Serial killers act alone. Burlap is an uncommon material. Those are the only 2 facts, IMO, that can be trusted at this point.

Pigion people ? Pigion ****, IMO.

LE does not publicly upgrade a POI to suspect category until they have more evidence pointing to that individual. As you suggest, it could be a tactic, and it has been used in the past.

Considering the history of the victims in these cases, sex trafficking cannot be ruled out. Whether it goes up the organized crime heirarchy from street level to upper echelon is anyone's guess. IMO, any theory that might relate to organized crime is just as valid and worthy of sleuthing as any other theory until we know otherwise.

FWIW, there have been cases of SK teams .. infrequent mind you, but they have been known to exist.

Could you please explain why you consider pigeon racers as a potential source of burlap is any less credible than other possible source?

I had the same thought but decided I was being too paranoid. Due to the proximity to Oak Beach, I actually thought maybe someone pulled her over with a red flashing light and she thought it was a cop, then the person abducted her and staged a suicide. But I think my imagination is running wild. Either way, it needs to be looked at closely and I hope the poor woman's family gets some answers.

I'm purely speculating here, but I will say this, if they don't find her after "x" amount of hours, either on land or in the water, then I'm willing to scream foul play. Where "x" is the number of hours it takes a body to gas up and resurface in the water.

High tide in the fire island inlet last night was precisely at 5:13 AM (technically this morning), sunrise was at 5:30 AM. From 5:13 AM on, the tide would be outgoing, taking the body (right past CPH house) and into the ocean. The wind has been west - northwest since then taking anything in the ocean further out. From that bridge even a hobbling Mr. Hyde could walk home in under 30 minutes. I wonder if Mr. Hyde was having a cup of coffee at sunrise with a pair of binoculars, watching her float out to sea, his (possible) final encore.

In short, if this was a real suicide, she will be a very easy find, unless she went over the side tied to an anchor. It's now 3:00 pm and a floating body hasn't been found...

Thank you! Thank you!

Susan, the links are so helpful and I really appreciate them. Gosh, I didn't realize how far behind I am in the discussion!

It sounds like Goathairjones is onto something with the pigeon racing theory. Dr H being a pigeon racer himself makes him all the more suspicious, hmmm. Also, a dept of fish and wildlife officer is suspect to me but Dr. H is at the top of my list.

I just wanted to say that you rock:rocker:. I am going to read and catch up now on all I missed whilst I was watching that darned anthony trial:banghead:

wm :)

MOO
<bbm>

Hi WM !!

Unless i missed something (known to have happened before :crazy:), the pigeon racing aspect relates to GC, not CPH. Nonetheless, CPH is at the top of my list also.

PS: Yep, double head-banging here re the Anthony verdict :banghead: :banghead:

I've been watching too much Dexter :)

Nice spot for a young lady to abandon her car ... troublemaker.

Does anyone else find it strange that she left her car with a supposed note in it on the bridge at some odd hour of the night and magically found a ride to Good Sam? Maybe I've been watching too much Dexter too, but this seems fishy to me (no pun intended).

The only possibility I can come up with is that someone saw her trying to jump, talked her out of it and gave her a ride to the hospital???

Does anyone else find it strange that she left her car with a supposed note in it on the bridge at some odd hour of the night and magically found a ride to Good Sam? Maybe I've been watching too much Dexter too, but this seems fishy to me (no pun intended).

The only possibility I can come up with is that someone saw her trying to jump, talked her out of it and gave her a ride to the hospital???

I drove past this incident last night on my way home from my volleyball game at Robert Moses. It was about 8:15PM. I don't believe her car was left on the bridge!! I think she actually crashed her car into the construction pylons and then went into the bramble on the East side of the causeway right at the beginning of the bridge. I drove over a couple of rubber pylon bottoms as I was getting onto the bridge/

My take is that she crashed her car into the center median and then into the bushes, got out and somehow found her way to Good Samaritan Hospital. She either swam, walked or was driven there. There were State Troopers and NY State Park Police on the scene immediately. But she did not leave her car on the bridge as has been reported. I believe it was in the bushes.

The north span of the bridge is currently under construction and the middle lane of the 3-lane bridge is closed. So someone could easily walk in the middle lane over the entire span. Very strange though.

I know, common sense would make one believe it was someone pretending to be him. One thing that crossed my mind is he didn't think much would come of this (it was before the bodies were found). LE were not believing Shannan's family. Maybe he just figured people would believe him. In his mind, he is more respectable? IDK, throwing ideas out here.

I wonder why LE would ask him not to admit it. It just does seem not smart to make those calls if you were trying to hide something. But maybe he wasn't thinking clearly...panicked about something. ??? moo.

BBM
Now I don't mean to stereotype, and I've known many doctors who were humble, decent people, but I've also known doctors who were full of themselves and acted like whatever they said was the gospel truth. One thing we do know about our SK is that he seems to be very full of himself. He likes to torment his victims' families and he seems like someone who may be keeping trophies (i.e. the victims' cellphones and possibly other items belonging to the victims). Your opinion above reminded me of those doctors I've encountered whose egos seem to be bigger than their brains. This behavior would fit in perfectly with a person who thinks he's got credibility simply because he has the title of "doctor". A sort of "they'll believe me because I'm a doctor;they're nobodies" type of attitude. Just my opinion only.

I wonder if there is a way to suggest that Melissa Barthelemy's sister listen to the CPH interviews to determine if CPH sounds like the person that called her after her sister went missing. Maybe I can send an email to Lynn Barthelemy and suggest it.

I drove past this incident last night on my way home from my volleyball game at Robert Moses. It was about 8:15PM. I don't believe her car was left on the bridge!! I think she actually crashed her car into the construction pylons and then went into the bramble on the East side of the causeway right at the beginning of the bridge. I drove over a couple of rubber pylon bottoms as I was getting onto the bridge/

My take is that she crashed her car into the center median and then into the bushes, got out and somehow found her way to Good Samaritan Hospital. She either swam, walked or was driven there. There were State Troopers and NY State Park Police on the scene immediately. But she did not leave her car on the bridge as has been reported. I believe it was in the bushes.

The north span of the bridge is currently under construction and the middle lane of the 3-lane bridge is closed. So someone could easily walk in the middle lane over the entire span. Very strange though.
Without knowing the specifics it does seem like she was injured in the crash so I am going to guess she dident swim across the Great South Bay. I know some people who have in that annual memorial swim for a deceased Bay Shore girl and they say it's pretty hard even when one is in their best shape without any injuries. Also, it's pretty tough to get through the bush along the Robert Moses Causeway ... the predominant plant is very thorny and rough.

What I don't understand is that it seems like she hid from the cops. Why? Was she up to no good? Maybe she was just dazed from the accident? But then wouldent the state troopers and state park police have searched the surrounding area? Im curious to see what the full story is with this woman.

Hi everyone / anyone?
There seems to have been some recent speculation about GC and possible mob connections. There is a gangster named victor colletti who recently won An appeal against prosecution and when I saw his photo my first thought was that looks like gus' younger brother. Not entirely sure - no links as I'm typing this on a cheap Android phone which makes everything more difficult than usual. Image is easy to find though. Opinion on whether this could be gus' little bro is welcome!

Oh and I'm not sure if it was mentioned here or on lisk.com - in case it's the latter - interesting incident from oak beach in 2004 concerning a mr. Wilson And the shooting of a police officer - no links but easy to find - reading it only reinforced the notion that oak beach is in fact a small town in the wild west and not in fact a long island gated community.
That's all folks.
Are you referring to the murder of Babylon Town Bay Constable Richard Brooks? I believe the suspect was initially pulled over for DUI, he fled the scene with Bay Constable Brooks in pursuit and fled to his home where he retrieved a shotgun and shot Brooks before being killed by a New York State Park Police officer. That was a very sad day, Brooks had served for over 20 years in the NYPD and retired to become a part time seasonal bay constable - a job widely seem as an easy retirement job or a summer job for aspiring cops only to be killed by some drunk madman.

Without knowing the specifics it does seem like she was injured in the crash so I am going to guess she dident swim across the Great South Bay. I know some people who have in that annual memorial swim for a deceased Bay Shore girl and they say it's pretty hard even when one is in their best shape without any injuries. Also, it's pretty tough to get through the bush along the Robert Moses Causeway ... the predominant plant is very thorny and rough.

What I don't understand is that it seems like she hid from the cops. Why? Was she up to no good? Maybe she was just dazed from the accident? But then wouldent the state troopers and state park police have searched the surrounding area? Im curious to see what the full story is with this woman.

She probably hid from the cops because she was drunk.

What I can't understand is how the SCPD did not find her with the K9 units, aviation and marine patrol!! Why did they wait until Tuesday morning to start the search? Why wasn't it done last night?

I can't believe we pay these cops so much money yet they are so incompetent!

I wonder if there is a way to suggest that Melissa Barthelemy's sister listen to the CPH interviews to determine if CPH sounds like the person that called her after her sister went missing. Maybe I can send an email to Lynn Barthelemy and suggest it.

I'm watching 48 hours right now and apparently the killer also called Lynn. He pretended to be NYPD and asked her if she had filed a missing persons report yet. She may be able to identify his voice. I'd love to know how they determined that it was the killer and not NYPD who called Lynn. 48 Hours didn't elaborate-or hasn't elaborated yet. Apparently he also made sexually explicit threats to Melissa's sister and threatened to come after her too.

I don't know about you but that made my skin crawl! Especially the threats he is making!

I don't know about you but that made my skin crawl! Especially the threats he is making!

Yes! It made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I then got goosebumps all over when they asked if anyone thought that the SK was watching 48 Hours right now. There's so many things that creep me out about this case, but those phone-calls really just freak me out the most. I cannot imagine how awful that must have been for Melissa's sister and mother. Ugh!

just learned from the 48 hours show that Maureen Brainard-Barnes was staying at the Super 8 Motel in Manhattan - located at 59 W 46th St Manhattan.

(we weren't sure what hotel before)

Finally saw a picture of Shannan's driver. 48 Hours just showed MP. MP refused to go on camera, but told 48 Hours that he drove around for an hour looking for her, then left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361