TV Station Pushes for Release of ICA Jailhouse Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being snarky but what's the point of the tape being released now? :)

Not being snarky but what's the point of the tape being released now? :)

Morbid curiosity. It's been withheld for so long, they wanted it sealed for a reason, I want to see it. I'm sure it will be underwhelming, but I still want to.

That, and maybe to rub it in the juror's faces that she knew where the body was all along.

I really think the Home Depot videos were just another shopping spree by Casey. If she had purchased anything incriminating, the state would have put that in. IMHO

Probably just a video of her happily skipping down the aisles, buying stuff for her boyfriend.

What home depot videos? you keep mentioning these...I don't remember ever hearing about them.

Maybe it was video taken of Casey and Will at Ikea? Was there video of that?

It's because of the reaction she had (hyperventilating, red splotches, sweaty palms) when it was announced that they had found remains near her parents house. This reaction came before they confirmed that it actually was Caylee's remains.

Yep...I heard the talking heads saying she was having a panic attack, rocking back and forth. Acting obviously guilty before they confirmed it was Caylee.

On another note....why are these things NOT allowed in court. If she acted this way...why shouldn't it be shown or allowed? What's the reasoning behind that?

Yep...I heard the talking heads saying she was having a panic attack, rocking back and forth. Acting obviously guilty before they confirmed it was Caylee.

On another note....why are these things NOT allowed in court. If she acted this way...why shouldn't it be shown or allowed? What's the reasoning behind that?

I agree, it was extremely pertinent to this trial, as were many other things that were not allowed in. She was reacting before they identified the body, it wasn't hearsay, it wasn't prejuducial, it was fact that she freaked out before the body was identified.

While I'd like to see the video for curiosity's sake, I don't think it would have made any difference in the trial, unfortunately.

If you had a missing child that some were already presuming to be dead, and a small body turned up near your home and there were no other children that were reported missing around the same time, obviously your mind would "go there" and you'd assume the worst. I fail to see how the inmate having a panic attack would automatically make her look guilty. It would have very easily been explained as, "her worst fears about her missing daughter were coming true" and this was her reaction of shock and grief.

Just my 2 cents. She's obviously guilty as sin and deserves the needle. I just don't think that particular video would have done anything for either side if it was entered as evidence in court. Your mind would have been made up prior to viewing it; and it's subjectivity would only be counted as reinforcing your own opinion.

While I'd like to see the video for curiosity's sake, I don't think it would have made any difference in the trial, unfortunately.

If you had a missing child that some were already presuming to be dead, and a small body turned up near your home and there were no other children that were reported missing around the same time, obviously your mind would "go there" and you'd assume the worst. I fail to see how the inmate having a panic attack would automatically make her look guilty. It would have very easily been explained as, "her worst fears about her missing daughter were coming true" and this was her reaction of shock and grief.

Just my 2 cents. She's obviously guilty as sin and deserves the needle. I just don't think that particular video would have done anything for either side if it was entered as evidence in court. Your mind would have been made up prior to viewing it; and it's subjectivity would only be counted as reinforcing your own opinion.

Then along the same lines, why didn't she get upset when they supposedly had found a "body" in the river near J.Blanchard Park ( which is also close to her house).

Why would she have a panic attack if she already knew her daughter died June 16th? It's just wrong that this videotape was not allowed into court. :banghead:

Then along the same lines, why didn't she get upset when they supposedly had found a "body" in the river near J.Blanchard Park ( which is also close to her house).

Because Casey knew that the location wasn't where she tossed her child's remains.

Jeff Ashton was asked about it in one of his interviews. He essentially said he didn't find it very compelling. He felt it could be just viewed as a mother upset over the body of her child being found.

I'd like to see the video and I do think it will ultimately be released.

Bones were supposedly found in the river, not a body. In fairness no one really took the report of bones being found seriously. The reaction from the media and general public was also completely different from when these 'bones' were found and from when the actual body was found.

Though obviously she knew where she hid the body. I just don't think this would have made a difference especially with this jury.

Jeff Ashton was asked about it in one of his interviews. He essentially said he didn't find it very compelling. He felt it could be just viewed as a mother upset over the body of her child being found.

He didn't find it compelling because he never expected JB's opening statement to include "she never WAS missing". "She drowned in the pool on 6/16/08". She knew she was dead and allegedly GA had hidden the body. If she didn't dispose of the body, why get upset when they found Caylee off Suburban Dr.? How would she know that was the disposal site if GA "again, allegedly" hid the body and she didn't know where that was?

This videotape will prove she told another lie and she put her there! That's why she got upset. Above poster hit the nail on the head........"she was caught"! She called JB immediately afterward. Her DT is claiming they believed her story from the start. They're all a bunch of liars.

TM from Equusearch is in town along with thousands of volunteers looking for Caylee and she's supposedly telling JB that she drowned in the pool on the 16th? IMO, they should go after JB too for feeding the lie at the expense of everyone else.

Bones were supposedly found in the river, not a body. In fairness no one really took the report of bones being found seriously. The reaction from the media and general public was also completely different from when these 'bones' were found and from when the actual body was found.

Though obviously she knew where she hid the body. I just don't think this would have made a difference especially with this jury.

That's true about the bones at Blanchard Park. They weren't even human bones, they were animal. But, what the hey, LP was trying to do something to help.

Obvioiusly, she knew where she put the body but, who knows, it might have made a difference to blow JB's theory, as this seemed to be a "show and tell" jury. They didn't seem to like to read much, so a video of her demeanor on that gruesome day may have shown the jury that JB's "story" was just that.....a "story".

I really think the Home Depot videos were just another shopping spree by Casey. If she had purchased anything incriminating, the state would have put that in. IMHO

It would be interesting to see WHEN the Home Depot tape was made. If it was after the chloroform search and if she purchased pool chlorine (an ingredient in the recipe for chloroform) it could be very incriminating. Keep in mind the Anthony's did not use chlorine in their pool. Aside from that, what does Home Depot sell that would interest Casey? :waitasec:

Bumping because I just found this at the Orange County Clerk's website. Could this be for THE video? I found this in the very long list of motions filed in this case. We could be seeing this SOON!

07/07/2011 Motion to Unseal Videotape

We should get to see it, and there is no reason to keep it sealed. Evidence is considered public domain and the trial is over. Release that ()@*#!!!

Huh, I didn't know she tried to show them. That must have been very early on. I so want a release of everything. In fact, I want a freakin' compilation DVD made of every single piece of evidence, seen and unseen, and mailed to each juror.
I wouldn't mind a copy of that....then we could research it in depth...ok, more in depth than we already have & possibly find something we missed before.

Today I was online at the Orange County Clerk's website where they have the one special section for the Casey Anthony File....I was able to look at every motion made, response, etc. from both sides..with the exception of
one thing that had apparently been taken off but the link was still there....The Jury Instructions.....I found that just a little bit odd...do we have a copy of it on WS anywhere?

imo, releasing that tape now would put her more at risk for harm. however, it should be released....she's not guilty, right? so why would her or the DT care one way or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong