ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to find another judge NOW! It was an EMERGENCY MOTION. It will do no good if it is held on Monday after her Sunday release. Ugh. More carp!

Not sure. Subpoenas are issued all the time without this spectacle.

Indeed, Subpoenas are issued to ppl who are not in custody (and perhaps more likely to not turn up then KC) and there is no effort to Depose them there and then or take them into custody to ensure they comply with the Subpoena.

I agree with KC's attorney. There was no need to schedule the Depo and the hearing without reference to the attorney and there is no need not postpone the Depo to allow Anthony to get her act together.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if Judge Strickland presided over the case now that he does Civil Law Cases?

Well, let's see, she will run, and then they will issue a bench warrant and then we'll have years of chasing her and then....

All I know is I am never going to go to Florida. Not that you'll miss me, but, you know voting with the dollar and all that.

Well if she's hiding, she won't be able to get her mug on TV . . .

Surprise, Surprise. Wonder who filed that? Biding a little more time JB so your client can go free in her Burka. But then again, maybe DS's new look is a sign of the new FCA. :waitasec:

What's a "burka"? Well, to be clear Jose has nothing to do with the civil case afaik. He's a criminal atty and Casey has a new lawyer for this. The Mr Green who said they didn't request the judge to step down? At this point, nothing surprises me. Did this judge just get the case or was he on it back in 2006?

She can be brought back from PR.

HHJBP is JR's boss.

What is the point of an emergency hearing?

What's a "burka"? Well, to be clear Jose has nothing to do with the civil case afaik. He's a criminal atty and Casey has a new lawyer for this. The Mr Green who said they didn't request the judge to step down? At this point, nothing surprises me. Did this judge just get the case or was he on it back in 2006?

Rodriguez got the case in 2008 -

This judge has been on the case since its filing in 2008.

If Mr. Greene says he didn't ask the judge to step down and Mr. Mitnick says he didn't - then who?

Wouldn't it be GREAT if Judge Strickland presided over the case now that he does Civil Law Cases?

It would be karma HOWEVER, I believe he would have to step down as well as he already did in the criminal case unfortunately......

He did not give a reason but it could delay her depo indefinitely because there is no judge assigned to the case - kbelich

BREAKING!!!! #CaseyAnthony is appealing her 4 guilty charges. Defense files notice of appeal. -jfell

Call me a conspiracies person it you want, but I feel this. The State of Florida just wants Casey gone. She is an embarrassment to them in all ways. A cost to the tax player that must end. And the simplest expedient is to give her a window of opportunity to run away. And have pending charges for her if she ever comes back. So mark me down for feeling the Judge will rule she will get some time before the depositions have to be done in the morning.

Oh how I hope I am wrong here, but...............

And there you have it. Casey is going to be gone in the wind. Now I hear the 3 pool press reports will be locked up to report on her release. Why lock the press pool people up? They have done nothing wrong. Just another bizarre part of the whole mess. Even washing their hands of Casey is $$$ expensive.

Personally the whole trial is sickening to me. I fought for your country ever so long ago. I put 10 years of my youth into fighting for the "fair" western way of life. The last 20 or so years has shown me I was a fool. And I am sure a lot of the young soldiers now serving feel the same here. It is items like this trial that help make getting proper recruits into the services am impossibility. <Mod snip>

I think they need to find another judge NOW! It was an EMERGENCY MOTION. It will do no good if it is held on Monday after her Sunday release. Ugh. More carp!

I agree!!! Is ICA above the law??? This is ridiculous!

During the discussion about costs associated with the case from the State, and Judge Perry scheduling that hearing, he stated that one judge was leaving and another was going to be on vacation during certain periods. That he would have to take over their cases.

But I don't recall which judge was retiring/leaving.

Unreal. What's it gonna take? Why did this Judge just up and quit? He's had this case for 3 years and he just now decided he need to step down? Something stinks. AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken