Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

Are they appealing, in an effort to get the charges overturned, so the State, TMiller, ZG and others will not be able to use the convictions in their suits for damages?

Salem

The most immediate consequence is that the case will most likely be adjudicated in favor of Zenaida Gonzalez and she will be entitled to the redress she claims (I think it is only $20,000). That will establish that by lying, Casey Anthony has caused someone harm.

I think this is a weak case on the part of Ms. Gonzalez, BUT clearly Casey Anthony's attorneys are doing everything in their power to prevent this deposition. I suspect there are considerable other consequences, but like you, I don't know at this point what they may be.

Rather than a legal matter I am thinking this is more about $$$ and that first exclusive interview where ICA answers key questions, a Depo would be her first 'public' appearance since trial sentence and reduce her $$$ value.

I bet it has something to do with the lawsuit with Zeniada and nothing to do with the act of lying....lawyers are slick that is why we hate them so much LOL

According to Mike Galanos, Cheney Mason has gone on record stating that thousands of dollars have poured in from people wanting to help ICA. Oopsie. I would hope that these funds would have to be exhausted before the State steps up - again. But who knows?

Thank CM for telling us that. This means that she can afford her own attorneys and not drain the States funds.

So apparently getting away with murder isn't enough if it prevents you from keeping the big bucks you were counting on making???

I agree it's a delay tactic for the Zenaida suit but also the fines/costs of investigating those lies and lawsuits from others, ie., TES ... It's a way to hold all of this up at the least, and, at best, possibly not have to pay law suits filed based on her lies ...

Does Mason really think his "Miranda violation" argument is going to have any chance in the appellate court ? Or is the DT thinking it's worth a shot and might work ??

IMO ... there's a boat load of money to be lost by KC and her sleazy defense team who have been waiting for that big payoff ... IMO they'll fight this pretty hard ...

Again, I don't think the state is required to provide her an attorney on appeal. Someone has to know the right answer to that. DH is a lawyer, but doesn't do criminal, so he is going on his very old law school knowledge.

And I should add that I am well-aware that JB and Cheney Mason love their little cash cow, so they will probably continue forward with her, I am just saying I am not sure their fees will be on the state's dime. Now, the cost of the court for the actual appeal will be. She is seriously just shameful.

And disposal charges. That car needs to be crushed. jmo

Cindy will be charging the State with car thief here. As in wrongful imprisonment of her car. And by the rule of Law, she will win!

They never proved the car was used in Caylee death at all.

It is all so ugly. Every which way we turn.

Again, I don't think the state is required to provide her an attorney on appeal. Someone has to know the right answer to that. DH is a lawyer, but doesn't do criminal, so he is going on his very old law school knowledge.

When she was sentenced, HHJP said if she appealed and declared indigent, an attorney would be appointed. It's in the transcript so I do believe an attorney will be provided for her appeal.

So apparently getting away with murder isn't enough if it prevents you from keeping the big bucks you were counting on making???

I agree it's a delay tactic for the Zenaida suit but also the fines/costs of investigating those lies and lawsuits from others, ie., TES ... It's a way to hold all of this up at the least, and, at best, possibly not have to pay law suits filed based on her lies ...

Does Mason really think his "Miranda violation" argument is going to have any chance in the appellate court ? Or is the DT thinking it's worth a shot and might work ??

IMO ... there's a boat load of money to be lost by KC and her sleazy defense team who have been waiting for that big payoff ... IMO they'll fight this pretty hard ...

True ... well you know, they say that money is at the root of all evil ... there is a lot of money at stake here so I guess there is also a lot of ....

Cindy will be charging the State with car thief here. As in wrongful imprisonment of her car. And by the rule of Law, she will win!

I really don't think the A's want that car back. My guess is they will agree to let LE destroy it. jmo

Originally Posted by suzihawk
According to Mike Galanos, Cheney Mason has gone on record stating that thousands of dollars have poured in from people wanting to help ICA. Oopsie. I would hope that these funds would have to be exhausted before the State steps up - again. But who knows?

Thank CM for telling us that. This means that she can afford her own attorneys and not drain the States funds.

hmmm ... WOW ... could MASON be any more arrogant and "in your face" ??? :maddening:

I like how Mason makes it sound like "the kindness of strangers" sort of support for FCA ... when we all know the only people interested in paying her way right now are the ones wanted to cash in ... jeeze ...

So right after claiming insolvency, he's on national TV talking about all the money people are giving KC ??? I swear Mason does this deliberately in his characteristic "up yours" way ...

DH (who is a lawyer) is saying the State isn't required to provide an attorney on criminal appeal, just trial. So hm. Why file the indigent and insolvent things?

Not sure but I usually understood this right applied on appeal also.

She can and she will. That will probably lead to a judgment in favor of ZFG.

Since ZFG is seeking a relatively small sum of $$, it is reasonable to conclude that there are other consequences to her testimony in this matter. Clearly the attorneys representing Casey Anthony do NOT want this deposition.

Yeah, this depo would be a major "spoiler alert" to the plot of their upcoming book/movie treatments! How can they milk the cash cow if Morgan makes them give away the milk for free?

Kind of OT but if the state releases her car and the A's fail to pick it up, can the A's be charged with storage fees for every day it sits there?

:twocents: Not sure about the Fla jurisdiction BUT I am familiar with 3 other jurisdictions and in those situations, the vehicle is removed to the official tow-yard of the arresting agency and YES, fees are charged to the registered owner(s) of the vehicle. Looks like CA & GA could be making another trip to the infamous tow-yard to retrieve the same item again! :innocent: I'd hope they'd sign it over for destruction but who knows with this cast of characters! :truce:

I think this is all Jose's idea. HE is encouraging FCA to do this. He ALREADY made a mockery of our justice system; so why not continue? What a waste of taxpayer money and he just doesn't care a bit. Pay your child support Jose!!!

You have got to be kidding me???????????? Really? They have ALL admitted what a liar she is! Why not just slink away and keep your head low?

Because it seems, "if you make a lie big enough, and tell it often enough, people will believe it."(Attributed to Adolph Hitler) She has gotten away with murder, IMO, as did OJ, by being able and willing to lie, lie, lie. Now she stands to make a lot of money for her "story." Which as we all know, will be nothing but more lies.

:twocents: IIRC, the vehicle was obtained by the investigating officers :rocker: WITH the permission of the REGISTERED OWNER(S). :floorlaugh: Cancel that mechanism of "cashing-in", Mrs.and Mr. George Anthony!:woohoo:

Bold mine.

So does this mean she will get a court appointed attorney since she is indigent?

Talk about inciting more protesting towards herself! People will be fit to be tied!

I 'absolutely' HATE this poor excuse for a human being!

The affidavit states indigent for costs only. I guess it's another pro bono case for the DT. What do they have to worry about? The cash cow will be mooing soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back