Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

She walks away from murder charges, but that is not enough for ICA. She wants to be labeled as 'less of a liar' now too. She was not a pathological liar, NOOOO, she just told ONE BIIIIIIIIIGGGGG LIE. That's all. I sure hope the court does not buy that.

If you look at the distinct lies the way they were charged, it is obviously NOT one big lie.
Telling the dispatcher that the nanny called and she got the chance to talk to Caylee that day is NOT the same lie as 'working At Universal" or 'The Nanny took her from the Sawgrass apts' lie. So I do not see them winning this at all.

I hope the jury sees this appeal too. Here they thought they were being merciful and super fair, but hey, she won't even accept responsibility for being a LIAR now. Even though it was a part of her defense. lol

And if the DT is trying to make her more likable, THIS is not going to help much.

I'm not sure what all this means but all the Talking Heads repeatedly said CA would get out of jail that day of the sentancing, for time served. They all mostly said that they would combine the sentence to one, because of Double Jeapardy.
I would be surprised if she got any money from spending more time in jail. Maybe it's something they do in Florida, but certainly not in TX.
My thinking if only one charge of lying is applied the civil cases would have less of a chance to fly.
Zanny the Nanny lady just doesn't seem to have much of a chance for me. I know she suffered but she proved that she wasn't involved. I keep thinking what work place would fire you if you did a good job and you were cleared. Maybe I'm not thinking straight but, all could it be these civil cases want a little 5 minutes of fame?

I agree. It amazes me that quite a lot of folks want her to be awarded compensation, and to me that is just another person wanting to profit off a dead baby. She saw the chance to grab some bucks, thought it would be quick and jumped on the bandwagon. Her life was not ruined because of this case, she ruined it herself.

Also, Morgan seems to want to ask a lot of questions that have nothing to do with a defamation suit, he tried to fish for information about the murder case. What makes him think he is going to get answers from Casey when no one else except possibly Baez has been able to?

All of this for 4 misdemeanor convictions. What a horrible waste of tax payer monies!

But isn't this what is giving the state the right to bring action against her for the cost of the searches? Also Texas E search? So if the state hadn't filed this case, she would be off Scott free and able to make as much money as the sleazy promoters want to pay her, and we would have to sit by and watch her profit from this crime.

Here's what I am :waitasec: about...If ICA is claiming indigency - and the case doesn't come up for six or nine months, how can she make any $$$ before then and still have this case heard by a public defender or will that just be another stall because she would have to change lawyers?

And in the meantime, wouldn't the court move in to seize assets before the case was heard to hold them in trust or something?

I'm guessing they filed for indigency because she may not have $$ for filing costs??? I would think if/when she makes $$ once she's released, the state will demand reimbursement!

At best they would not be charged any fees. And there was never a request to get the car returned. It stinks. CA does not want in near her home. Strip it down and crush it. Her granddaughter may have died in the trunk of the car and we all know she was transported the the remains site in it. CA would not want anyone else to use this car to make money. This is CA, after all.

The car was held as evidence but registered to CA. The state will not store it forever but ask CA to made disposition of it. She will have to pay to have it removed, stored, or crushed, whatever her heart desires. I would think if she fails to make disposition, she can be fined - or after awhile, ownership goes to the state and then they can dispose. Maybe she's waiting on her rep to take bids?

Per Mike Gallanos on InSession, Cheney Mason said he has received many checks in the mail for Casey Anthony. It totals in the thousands of dollars. Some folks are sending checks and saying they want Casey to have a new start.

Also, Mason said folks are offering their homes, farms, etc for Casey Anthony to use as a sanctuary.

---won't these "thousands of dollars" have bearing on her claim that she is "utterly unable to pay the costs and fees ..." ?

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28559533/detail.html
--Affidavit of Insolvency

I truly do not think ICA could come up with all this on her own. JB was at the jail yesterday in his little BMW. He has, IMO, gone through the 200 grand and now needs to make more money off his client.

Regardless of what anyone says, IMO, he didn't win the case because he is really a good attorney. I wouldn't want him, if GOD FORBID, I ever found myself or someone in my family needing a defense attorney.

I see it coming down to a fight between JB and GA&CA to control ICA. Not because they care, but because of the M.O.N.E.Y.

Poor Caylee. Expect more dysfunction and lots of it. MOO

And if I was his wife, I would divorce him to get out of this circus.

BBM: "Voodoo Doll" ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

They sell all kinds of "Voodoo Dolls" down here in the French Quarter :floorlaugh:

I have never bought one or used one ... but this case is going to make me want to look into getting a "voodoo doll" ...

:waitasec: Maybe I should buy at least a dozen to start with ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I have voodoo dolls, also candle figurines that are used as voodoo dolls..

but um, ive not used them..not yet :D

What does that (bold) mean? Under the same circumstances would you want someone to make money on the car?

I would not want anyone to make money off of that car if the body of my granddaughter had been concealed in the trunk and maybe died there. But that is just me. Others think the A's might want to make money off of it. I do not see that happening for several reasons. One reason is listed above. The other reason is if the A's sold the car for a million they would not want someone make two million off the car.

If it were me, the car would be crushed. They did not bury Caylee because they were afraid people would be visiting her grave, digging her up (they said that themselves). I think under the circumstances LE would be happy to have the car crused for them. jmo

Because of the suits and upcoming filings against her, she will be able to keep from testifying - is this the reason?

That's what I wast thinking. If she doesn't have any potential pending criminal charges, maybe she can't evoke the 5th? I should know this, but I'm not sure.

It is as if Casey Anthony and her defence team are simply toying with the American justice system - and enjoying themselves in the process. The celebrating winning the case by toasting in champagne in front of a window in a bar, the CM finger to the press (how classless - he reminds me of the devil himself), all the smirking. They want more - more attention. Well good, go ahead. I am sure there will be a backlash for yalls in there somewhere.

Agreed. Why does the DT comport themselves like classless scum? Actually, it seems JB and CM are the most uncouth. That video of JB driving away with no seatbelt and running the stop sign show, AGAIN, blatant disregard for society and its laws. Sadly, there is a huge element that thinks all of this sophomoric behavior is fine.

How can ICA file indigency with all the money CM states is coming in, along with revenue from TV, movies, etc.?

How can the court be made aware of all of the above? Grrrr.:maddening:

In light of yesterday's "Accident" in OK, I would assume that a business that felt that their employees could be in danger because of death threats and other threats to the person accused would fire that person, if for no other reason than safety of all other employees and their company's reputation for keeping an accused kidnapper on payroll. I don't know what the laws are in FL, but here in VA they can fire you just because they don't want you anymore, no matter how good your work was. ZG would have been considered a liability most places.

I highly doubt that this woman had received any death threats, the public didn't even know about her until she came forward with the information that her name was Zenaida Gonzalez. LE questioned her at her home, not her job, and she was cleared almost immediately, so how did that propose a threat to other employees? If she had not gone public herself, none of that would have happened to her, IMO. She's just another person who saw a way to make money off this case and she chose the right ambulance chaser to do it. I don't feel sorry for her at all. And I really wish the media would stop spouting mistruths about her... her name is not ZFG, she doesn't have the Fernandez in the middle.

I have voodoo dolls, also candle figurines that are used as voodoo dolls..

but um, ive not used them..not yet :D

And you are waiting for.....??? Need matches, pins???? Considered Fedexed - marked urgent...

Per Mike Gallanos on InSession, Cheney Mason said he has received many checks in the mail for Casey Anthony. It totals in the thousands of dollars. Some folks are sending checks and saying they want Casey to have a new start.

Also, Mason said folks are offering their homes, farms, etc for Casey Anthony to use as a sanctuary.

---won't these "thousands of dollars" have bearing on her claim that she is "utterly unable to pay the costs and fees ..." ?

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28559533/detail.html
--Affidavit of Insolvency

I would hope that any offers of sanctuary would not be considered.....It's almost like, "Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly." That would be the bad enough. The worst part would be that she was living with a family and someone in the household mysteriously died and brought a lawsuit against her attorneys. Can they do that? I'm guess they could if the attorneys are the ones making the arrangements to place her there.

There is a "whole lotta baggage" that comes with Casey Marie Anthony. jmo

Why did the judge excuse himself? This is incredible. Doesn't anyone on the bench in Florida have and b@@ls

Again, I don't think the state is required to provide her an attorney on appeal. Someone has to know the right answer to that. DH is a lawyer, but doesn't do criminal, so he is going on his very old law school knowledge.

I see they filed the affidavt - I guess to get out of paying the filing fee

The Notice of Appeal must be accompanied by the filing fee, currently $300, payable by
check or money order to the District Court of Appeal. In addition, the lower tribunal usually
requires a fee for the preparation of the record. If the person filing the appeal is indigent, these
fees can be excused if, and only if, the party files a motion to declare the party indigent for the
purposes of appellate costs. This requires a motion and affidavit to be filed in the lower court.
The party usually must obtain a hearing before the judge to get the judge to enter an order of
indigency. When a person is declared indigent for costs on appeal, this only includes the costs of
filing the appeal which are paid to the clerk and the cost paid to the clerk for preparing the
record. It does not include the fee required by the court reporter for transcribing the trial or other
proceedings which occurred in the trial court. A party must pay for these, because the state has
not provided any fund from which these can be paid, except for criminal defendants.
Unfortunately, providing a transcript is the most expensive part of preparing the appeal.

http://www.4dca.org/information/appellateprocess.pdf

It's my understanding that since she is appealing she can plead the 5th anytime she is in court on any of the outstanding lawsuits. This can push back all lawsuit hearings until after the appeal process is exhausted. She is doing this so she can legally get out of getting on the stand and being forced to tell something that will result unfavorably in any of the lawsuits. Also, it keeps her from saying something that the Feds might use to charge her for something (anything).

JMO
BeagleMom

Yup exactly in a nutshell. And FCA wins again! AGAIN!!!!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm so over this case and seeing FCA come out on top time and time and yet time again.

But isn't this what is giving the state the right to bring action against her for the cost of the searches? Also Texas E search? So if the state hadn't filed this case, she would be off Scott free and able to make as much money as the sleazy promoters want to pay her, and we would have to sit by and watch her profit from this crime.

I was refering to the appeals process for those 4 convictions, nothing else. I thought that by having the post that listed the process as part of mine it would have been clear thats what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear in that.

All of this for 4 misdemeanor convictions. What a horrible waste of tax payer monies!

But IIRC HHJP indicated that if FCA decided to appeal that the JAC WOULD NOT cover her appeal. So if she wants to drag this out to make sure she remains as always and forever untouchable then she should have to pay for it herself. FL taxpayers have paid enough as a result of that vile creature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back