Woman attacked for resembling Casey proven false

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Ie1vq6wWw&feature=feedu"]‪Sammy Blackwell: Casey Anthony Look-A-Like Attacked 7/15/11‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

That woman looks nothing like Casey,and I am glad my instincts were right about this woman. Her MOTHER was corroborating the story for her daughter!

She's prettier than FCA but it all wasn't true anyway

Glad this was not what it was reported to be. However, I do fear for anyone even with a peripheral connection to this case. While the majority of us are still reeling with absorbing the verdict, there are those who are unbalanced, who are obsessed to the point of, well, obsession, and that worries me.

People could be hurt. Threats have been made.

Praying fervently that this is resolved by a higher power so that others are not hurt by the emotional fallout brought by the verdict.

This "story" never made sense in the first place. If some nutcase out there hates ICA enough to run her off the road that tells me she's following this story closely enough to know ICA is still in jail.

I'm not accusing the "victim" in this case of anything nefarious, but some people will do anything for a moment of attention and a few bucks and the media just runs with it.

So, this lady made all this up to get on TV? WTH???

From the TMZ link:

We then spoke with Sammay, who told us the story was made up: "They played it out to make it seem like it happened to me because I look like Casey Anthony."

Sammay added, "I never said I look like Casey Anthony and the lady never said I look like Casey Anthony [to the police]."

No, "they" didn't make it out that way -- she and her mother went on national tv and said the same thing!!

I am quite puzzled by this. I've looked but couldn't find an MSM link that says this was a hoax. Has anyone else been able to find one?

Is TMZ a reliable source? I haven't found anything from any other source. This is close to my home, i'll see if I can find out anything. I can't see the local police and news station making this up. I don't believe she looks like FCA, but this woman was supposedly on drugs (that area is notorious for drug use). Not that I want this kind of thing to happen, but I will be disappointed in the locals there if this is a made up story.

MSM - KTUL TV News Channel 8

Police Call Casey Anthony Lookalike Attack a Rumor

Elizabeth Matthews, News Channel 8:
"So nothing mentioned of Casey Anthony?"

Officer Justin Allen, Chouteau Police Department:
"Nothing was every mentioned to law enforcement about Casey Anthony."

Elizabeth Matthews, News Channel 8:
"In your investigation was there any muttering of the name Casey Anthony?"

"As far as I know no, to me absolutely not there was not. I spoke to my partner about it last night he advised me there was nothing mentioned to him about her either."

Elizabeth Matthews News Channel 8:
"Where did this come from?"

"I do not know."

Blackwell says the rumor started when a bystander at the accident scene briefly mentioned to her, maybe she thought you looked like Casey Anthony. Others overheard this statement and the theory spread like wildfire.

"It's like that game telephone the back and forth, it's like I'm talking and people are only listening to what they want to hear or what they think people want to hear," says Blackwell.

Same article:

News Channel 8 also spoke to District Attorney Janice Steidley who says the "Casey Anthony lookalike" motive is a rumor.

I hope the mom and daughter get charged for something for these lies. Kind of scary that a mother and a daughter with a grandaughter named Caylee are acting this way.

What?!

I have no doubt there are disturbed people in this world who act out inappropriately. But to insinuate that this victim is claiming anthing other than what truly happened in order to garner attention for herself is just plain nuts.

Wow! SMH

Well, sorry I was right. I have a great hinky meter, I cant help it.

I bet there are a lot of people out there who think they can kill Casey, and they won't receive any jail time, and they will become a national hero.

If some crazy person takes her out, it would be another eerie prophetic quote for this saga. :twocents:

"I need to be seen as a victim."

and so she would go down in history...

I wish the name of this thread would be changed -- perhaps: "Woman attacked for resembling Casey" story NOT TRUE"

I blame the reporters. They talked to LE, or certainly should have. Ratings were more important than facts.

We depend on reporters to get the facts, and tell us the facts.

This story is something to keep in mind in all the cases we follow. It looks like the only people who told the truth here were LE and the DA. I'm going to keep that in mind.

Well, sorry I was right. I have a great hinky meter, I cant help it.

I apologize for the things I thought about you (although I didn't post them) when I read your post about not believing the story.

I thought ill of you. I thought you were an idiot. I thought you were mean. I thought all kinds of stuff about you. I am deeply ashamed, and I am deeply sorry. You didn't deserve it.

You taught me a good lesson, Chablis, and I appreciate it. I promise, I won't forget.

I apologize for the things I thought about you (although I didn't post them) when I read your post about not believing the story.

I thought ill of you. I thought you were an idiot. I thought you were mean. I thought all kinds of stuff about you. I am deeply ashamed, and I am deeply sorry. You didn't deserve it.

You taught me a good lesson, Chablis, and I appreciate it. I promise, I won't forget.

You are very sweet, ty.

I have a feeling we are going to be bombarded with stories like these for probably years to come!:seeya::rose:

from the moment i read it i felt it was not legit. if zanny can sue for trauma anyone can change their looks and say - morgan and morgan help me- its all because of casey. money is a motivator for some to create drama !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998