What do Burke's interviews tell us?

So, given your last sentence, I would think that would make you wonder more about the rest of his statements. Maybe there is much more to Burke Ramsey and the solving of JonBenets death, than anyone thinks.

I think that there are many people who view Burke as a "suspect" in this case. Possible? Sure. But as there is no actual evidence he did anything at all, this theory falls solidly into the realm of theory -- meaning that literally damn near anyone falls into that group.

Assuming any of this interview is even accurate....

This summary was written by the therapist. She begins by saying that Burke was not interested in talking to her at all. She then follows up this statement with negative judgments and conclusions that are all easily explaned by nothing more sinister than an intelligent, depressed, and irritated pre-teen forced to sit through a long interview when he would rather be playing his Nintendo.

Burke KNOWS a whole lot more than what he has publicly revealed. If the neighbor heard JB scream (assuming she really did) then EVERYONE in the Ramsey house heard it. How could they not? The idea that no one heard it other than the nextdoor neighbor is silly. Burke knows exactly what went on in that house while JB was being murdered, and he knows what went on when the coverup was taking place.

...As a 10-year-old, my second cousin, also a 10-year-old girl, was murdered near her home at least 30 miles away from my house. I was very scared that the man in the police sketch was coming after ME next; I remember carefully eyeing the men in my neighborhood to see if they matched the description.
No matter how much my parents tried to dissuade my thinking, I was scared for quite awhile after she died. (It turned out the murder was committed by the brother of an acquaintance of the family.) Burke never seemed concerned that "he'd be next" which I find odd. (Neither did his parents.) Maybe it's just 'cause I was a wimpy little girl, but I was terrified.

...What if Patsy and/or John were guilty of JB's death, but somehow convinced Burke that he was, indeed, to blame? They could have warned him to never say anything to anyone or he'd be taken away from home, etc. They could've said they would "take care of everything" and protect him, etc., and that he should just try to forget that night & "get on with his life." I'm not sure how his seemingly normal life-so-far would be possible if he were living with the untrue belief he had killed his sister, though.

Just a couple of thoughts...and MOO

If the neighbor heard JB scream (assuming she really did) then EVERYONE in the Ramsey house heard it. How could they not? The idea that no one heard it other than the next door neighbor is silly. Burke knows exactly what went on in that house while JB was being murdered, and he knows what went on when the coverup was taking place.

I used to think that if there was a loud enough noise, sleeping people would be woken. It seemed only logical. But many years ago, in the middle of the night a house across the street and one down from my house caught on fire. These were small cottages, so it was rather close. The fire department came but the house was pretty damaged. I never heard anything that night- the sirens, the trucks, the firefighters, my neighbors- and slept through the entire incident. Not only that but when I drove past the house on my way to work I never even noticed the obvious fire damage. Returning home from work was the first time I saw that there had been a fire and I thought it happened during the day while I was gone. I was shocked to realize how oblivious I was.

On the other hand, there were times I was woken by one of my dogs quietly whining because she wanted to get up on the bed. Go figure!

Burke described his father as quiet and that he was "always at work", and that his mother "worked as a mom'. The thing he liked most about his mom was that she gave him lots of hugs and kisses, and the thing he liked most about his dad were "planes".

Lots of hugs and kisses? Is this guy ten or two?

I don't find this totally unusual as my 11 year old son will often come and give me a big hug but he doesn't want to be kissed by anyone, so i can see many kids being different in this respect.

...As a 10-year-old, my second cousin, also a 10-year-old girl, was murdered near her home at least 30 miles away from my house. I was very scared that the man in the police sketch was coming after ME next; I remember carefully eyeing the men in my neighborhood to see if they matched the description.
No matter how much my parents tried to dissuade my thinking, I was scared for quite awhile after she died. (It turned out the murder was committed by the brother of an acquaintance of the family.) Burke never seemed concerned that "he'd be next" which I find odd. (Neither did his parents.) Maybe it's just 'cause I was a wimpy little girl, but I was terrified.

...What if Patsy and/or John were guilty of JB's death, but somehow convinced Burke that he was, indeed, to blame? They could have warned him to never say anything to anyone or he'd be taken away from home, etc. They could've said they would "take care of everything" and protect him, etc., and that he should just try to forget that night & "get on with his life." I'm not sure how his seemingly normal life-so-far would be possible if he were living with the untrue belief he had killed his sister, though.

Just a couple of thoughts...and MOO

It does seem very odd that he would not have some level of fear after JBR murder, maybe his parents said he needed to be strong and not show how he feels and so he made out that he was a big brave boy and put on a front but i would expect that it would have been something noticale to anyone close to him that he had worries fears etc and not sure anyone would come out and say Burke was more nervous etc afterwards.

snipped:
On the other hand, there were times I was woken by one of my dogs quietly whining because she wanted to get up on the bed. Go figure!

Maybe this is too much of a generalization, but I believe that women hear noises INSIDE the house at night and men hear noises that are OUTSIDE. The same thing happened with me -- fire trucks, ambulance, etc., across the street one night. I slept through the whole thing. But I woke up whenever one of my kids coughed!

It does seem very odd that he would not have some level of fear after JBR murder, maybe his parents said he needed to be strong and not show how he feels and so he made out that he was a big brave boy and put on a front but i would expect that it would have been something noticale to anyone close to him that he had worries fears etc and not sure anyone would come out and say Burke was more nervous etc afterwards.

But to me, parents whose child had REALLY been murdered by kidnappers WOULD want their surviving child to be worried enough to be VERY wary. Why ask a child to be "brave" or put up a front (that part would be hard for a child, I think- it is more of an adult behavior) when his sister was murdered? I'd want them to be suspicious of everyone- just as I would be.
Other than a bus load of faux suspects the Rs threw under it, they went on with their lives pretty much the same; at least no one in that family was worried the surviving child would be "next". Including the child.

snipped:

Maybe this is too much of a generalization, but I believe that women hear noises INSIDE the house at night and men hear noises that are OUTSIDE. The same thing happened with me -- fire trucks, ambulance, etc., across the street one night. I slept through the whole thing. But I woke up whenever one of my kids coughed!

Mothers are very tuned in to "kid's noises". A cough, a cry, a bad dream...a scream.

I don't find this totally unusual as my 11 year old son will often come and give me a big hug but he doesn't want to be kissed by anyone, so i can see many kids being different in this respect.

There is a huge difference between a boy this age giving mom a hug or kiss, and a boy that age saying "I love mommy because she is always giving me hugs and kisses."

Is the statement sinister? No. Is it unusual? Absolutely. So unusual that I bet your boy has never said anything remotely like that in his life. He might FEEL that way about you, but then he likely includes hugs and kisses in the general category of attention and care. He loves you not because you give him hugs and kisses, or feed him, or rub vicks vapo rub on his chest when he is sick; but because you love him and take care of him.

This answer suggests to me that Burke was aware that his parent's and his family would be judged based on his answers, and he thought it was the kind of thing a kid in a healthy family was supposed to say. If it came across sounding as fake as B-movie dialog, consider that the source is little kid in a very stressful situation.

Again, there is a world of difference between giving mom a hug (or liking her hugging you) and telling other people how much you like mom giving you hugs.

I used to think that if there was a loud enough noise, sleeping people would be woken. It seemed only logical. But many years ago, in the middle of the night a house across the street and one down from my house caught on fire. These were small cottages, so it was rather close. The fire department came but the house was pretty damaged. I never heard anything that night- the sirens, the trucks, the firefighters, my neighbors- and slept through the entire incident. Not only that but when I drove past the house on my way to work I never even noticed the obvious fire damage. Returning home from work was the first time I saw that there had been a fire and I thought it happened during the day while I was gone. I was shocked to realize how oblivious I was.

I just recendly slept through a (very minor) tornado hitting my house. But my wife and daughter didn't.

We are apparently supposed to believe that a scream so loud that it was heard by the neighbors -- on a cold winter night with all the windows closed -- wasn't heard by ANYONE in the home in which it occurred. Seems a bit unlikely. One person sleeping through it? Okay. All three? Seems a stretch.

Here's info about John Andrew's interview. This info is from Steve Thomas's book:

Gosage and I interviewed twenty-year-old John Andrew Ramsey. He was a lanky young man with dark eyes and short dark hair, who wore a checkered shirt, a winter jacket, and an attitude. When the blood tech moved close with her needle, the former Eagle Scout, who was now a third-semester sophomore at the University of Colorado, whispered, "I may pass out."

Although he also claimed to have been in Atlanta when the crime occurred, we had to check him out because of the neighbor who had reported seeing him on Christmas Day. We had to determine who was right.

We asked him to put his thoughts on paper, and he wrote a document that brimmed with feelings about his little stepsister being murdered, giving us a glimpse into his world. He caught our attention immediately by writing, "I think it was someone that had intimate knowledge of my family and how we lived day to day. Why would they leave the ransom note on the back staircase instead of the front?" Good question, I thought. How would a stranger know which stairway Patsy Ramsey would come down that morning?

He ridiculed the idea of a small foreign faction being involved, was certain the crime had nothing to do with his father's company, and questioned why a ransom note was left at all. "Why did they ask for $118,000? I could pay that amount," he wrote. Someone was envious of their wealth and thought of the Ramseys as "rich bastards," he said.

John Andrew told us that whoever did this was probably uneducated, were amateurs at kidnapping, and had seen the movie Ransom, in which the family of Mel Gibson's character was a "spitting image" of his own. He did not believe anyone came in through the broken basement window. They had a key, he surmised.

In one comment, he described his stepmother as "flashy" and guessed that the killer might be someone close to her.

John Andrew also buttressed the comments of the housekeeper's husband, Mervin Pugh, and former nanny Suzanne Savage about the house being difficult to navigate. "You don't know your way around real easy right off the bat. . . . You have to open lots of doors. It has lots of ups and downs," and the basement entrance was hard to find. It was becoming very clear to the police just how difficult it would have been for any stranger to get to that distant basement storage room."

But to me, parents whose child had REALLY been murdered by kidnappers WOULD want their surviving child to be worried enough to be VERY wary.

Obviously. But then, everyone in the home knows what actually happened.

Why ask a child to be "brave" or put up a front (that part would be hard for a child, I think- it is more of an adult behavior) when his sister was murdered? I'd want them to be suspicious of everyone- just as I would be.
Other than a bus load of faux suspects the Rs threw under it, they went on with their lives pretty much the same; at least no one in that family was worried the surviving child would be "next". Including the child.

They were so unconcerned that they didn't even bother keeping Burke within sight. Rather, they wanted him out of sight as quickly as possible.

But why did they want Burke 'out of sight'? Nothing in this case makes even a little bit of sense.

Did they want Burke removed from the scene due to what he knew, or what he did?

To me, the interview information combined with the fact that PR and JR wanted Burke out of the house right away give some credence to what I think happened. I think BR was involved, something happened that PR and JR covered up for Burke. If Burke was not involved but knew his parents did something, all the more reason to keep him close by to make sure he kept his mouth shut. I really think the RN and the fact that BR was whisked out of there are huge indicators of BR involvement.

The results of an evaluation are only as good as the evaluator. Without a video of the entire interview, any information about what was said is meaningless without knowing what questions were asked, how they were asked and the rapport developed by the evaluator with the child. Also, I am surprised that confidentially regulations and laws do not apply to a 10 year old but I guess with a murder case nothing is sacred. Although some of his answers do seem odd for a 10 year boy, there isn't enough information regarding the interview to know why he may have responded the way he did. I always think of the example of the little girl in preschool who colored a picture using only black crayons. The teacher was disturbed and contacted the school counselor who also became concerned and contacted the school psychologist. The school psychologist asked the little girl to tell her about the picture. The little girl went through a lengthy monologue about her picture. When she was finished the psychologist asked the child, "why is your picture black." The child's response, "they were the only crayons I could reach". Turns out the child was small for her age and all the crayons except black had been placed on a higher shelf in the classroom.

To me, the interview information combined with the fact that PR and JR wanted Burke out of the house right away give some credence to what I think happened. I think BR was involved, something happened that PR and JR covered up for Burke. If Burke was not involved but knew his parents did something, all the more reason to keep him close by to make sure he kept his mouth shut. I really think the RN and the fact that BR was whisked out of there are huge indicators of BR involvement.

Peepers,

The question to ask is: why was Burke allowed to leave at all?

Lets assume as alleged John knew JonBenet was lying in the wine-cellar, this might mean that he thought she would be discovered at any point, so removing Burke successfully means one person less to be interviewed.

It was Fleet White who took Burke back to his house, while he was gone John Ramsey was free to roam about his house, particularly the basement, so who knows what may or may not have been amended?

Its possible that Fleet White had a conversation with Burke, and that Burke said something of interest. Since after the discovery of JonBenet's body, and despite being told not to, Fleet White returned to the wine-cellar, the curiosity about this, is that JonBenet is upstairs at this point and all that is left in the wine-cellar are some unwrapped Christmas gifts a white blanket, a barbie doll, and a pink barbie nightgown. So what pulled Fleet White back? I reckon he had a gotcha moment, something clicked and he realized he was looking at, and had participated in a staged crime-scene.

It is possible that there is something else that was located at the crime-scene which has been redacted from the evidence logs. Fleet White returned to the wine-cellar to look at something, that which was not upstairs and could not be inferred from JonBenet's disposition. I doubt Fleet White had any notion of forensic proof on his mind e.g. the duct-tape, this explanation sounds very much after the fact.

I'll bet Fleet White thought removing Burke was a very strange move, then Burke possibly made some incidental, but interesting remark, then when John and Fleet discover the body, Fleet thinks wow how did that happen, so he returns to the wine-cellar either to see what could be seen or/and to make sure that some object he had noted was actually there?

Burke knows what happened that night, he said he saw JonBenet walking into the house, he would know what JonBenet was wearing when she sat down to her pineapple snack, he would know who was sipping tea.

Social Services had previously provided Dr. Bernhard with some history on Burke which indicated an ongoing bedwetting problem, but Burke denied this saying that it happened a long time ago

Why does Social Services have a file on Burke? Or did they get their info about Burke after the murder?

If PR and JR did something to JB and thought Burke knew, they would not have let him go..the fact that they wanted him out of there tells me they were not worried he would say something to incriminate them. I think JR and PR covered some sort of incident for Burke and were willing to roll the dice, thinking if Burke blabs he did something , we will have to come clean, otherwise we try and protect him.

As time goes on and more things are discussed, I really think you are on to something Peepers.

As for the interview of Burkes 'evaluation' becoming public, it wasn't supposed to. A woman who worked for LE, was keeping notes, writing a book actually, concerning the murder. She typed reports, etc,so had information the public did not have.

She sent the notes to her nephew, who betrayed her, selling them to Nat. Enquirer(?).

Look up the Bonita Papers. Here is a link:

[ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?p=79393"]The Bonita Papers - Forums For Justice[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back