2011.07.17 Casey Released From Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macaluso was so convinced of Anthony's innocence in her daughter's death that he worked on her case pro bono and donated $75,000 to the defense team."It was an accident that snowballed out of control," said Macaluso, who declined to go into detail about what happened to Caylee. "There are facts and circumstances that did not come out because Casey chose to exercise her constitutional rights… her right against self-incrimination."

Macaluso said the jury still believed Anthony was not capable of murdering her own child.

Think maybe ICA needs to repay a debt and Macaluso is setting the stage for collection? Prepping the audience, so to speak? Grrr.

http://www.10news.com/news/28456915/detail.html

According to google Todd Macaluso was a lawyer on the Casey team at some point...I wasn't following the case from the start, so I did not know that. Was that the plane that eas headed to Ohio?

No. The Ohio plane was a group of golfers. The plane that left later, with no lights until it took off and the no flight tracket request was owned by a company in the same building as Macaluso left at 3AM.

But what about this? WHO is the anonymous donor that donated $5,000 which was attributed to Todd in the last post I posted upthread a bit? Was it VIA Todd? We know what ABC got for their money...just wondering what ties might be associated with the other $75,000 and could repayment be why ICA MIGHT be headed to CA?

Evidence shows that so far Anthony has received $200,000 from ABC News, $70,000 from former defense counsel Californian Todd Macaluso, and $5,000 from an anonymous donor.
\

http://www.christianpost.com/news/how-much-will-casey-anthony-trial-cost-fla-taxpayers-51991/

There is such a creep factor between JB and XICA - he'd better watch out or he's going to be paying a whole lot more child support in his future. Who knows though, maybe he's sent her away with the promise that he'll come up with some lucrative offer. Wherever she ends up I can't think the welcome would last...we know she doesn't like to work. What does she think she's going to do, cook and clean for rent? Kinda like she did with Tony. That'll get old quick.

I sure know that the IRS is going to dog her, doesn't matter if it's in CA or any other state of the union.

ETA - And now that I think about it...you know she's jonesing for a make over. What self respecting hair salon owner would want to work on her? I bet ole Todd, if that's where she's ending up, will have to pay someone big time just to come near her. If I was a hair stylist you couldn't bribe with a big enough tip to work on her. And dontcha know, they'll have the salon or make over people come to her, not her go to them. Another reason she'll think she's a STAR baby! It probably won't even occur to her that it's dangerous for her to go anywhere. She's like Nicole Kidman in To Die For, she loves the lights and attention, even if it's negative.

However...my addendum to all this is that I expect her to be in trouble again within the next couple of years. Her DT will fade away and she'll have nothing. It'll be a DUI or stolen checks, and it'll snowball for her from there. I can guarantee that.

Hubby and I went out last night...
At the first bar, they were showing clips of the trial on TV and people were talking...
The second bar we went to, I heard "Casey Anthony" being mentioned a couple times by guys playing pool & darts. I guess they were wanting to change the TV to watch her be released lol
Gahhhh when will it end? We're nowhere even near Florida!
I never want to see her mug again.. Unless they're taking her back to prison

Oh..I forgot..ICA is nothing but an after thought now. I will give her memory the same respect she gave her daughter...

Five hundred and forty three dollars is not alot of money. Wonder how much cheney mason was holding for her? She will have to sell a story right away to survive. JMO

True, luckyme - it's not a lot of money...

Push-up bras, cases of beer, paper towels for cleaning up those pesky globs of meat, hoodie t-shirts...yes, even at Target, that $543 won't get her very far. :wink:

Back to this photo. That does not look like an exhausted woman who needs to grieve no does it. It looks like a woman who is ready to paint the town red.

Totally agree! Shes telling herself again " Im the best liar " :sick:

Back to this photo. That does not look like an exhausted woman who needs to grieve no does it. It looks like a woman who is ready to paint the town red.

Or bite a big chunk out of something...

Tila called for an ambulance and was taken to a local hospital while Merriman was taken into custody and to the San Diego County jail. Both have since been released. Shawne Merriman’s attorney Todd Macaluso insists his client did nothing wrong and says, “During the evening Ms. Tequila was extremely intoxicated, inebriated and Mr. Merriman did everything he could to assist her in arranging for transportation to leave his home.

I bet she's gone to him in CA...yep, that's where I'm placing my bet.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spo...Allegedly-Choking-Tila-Tequila--57607562.html

Hubby and I went out last night...
At the first bar, they were showing clips of the trial on TV and people were talking...
The second bar we went to, I heard "Casey Anthony" being mentioned a couple times by guys playing pool & darts. I guess they were wanting to change the TV to watch her be released lol
Gahhhh when will it end? We're nowhere even near Florida!
I never want to see her mug again.. Unless they're taking her back to prison

My 15 year old son had a friend over and of course i had hln on and he said i cant believe she got off. The kid was 15!

SanDiego Sugga Daddy

Todd Macaluso, apparently so sure of Casey’s innocence he*gassed up the whirlybird, packed his lucky smoking jacket and signed on to the case. *

Jose Baez testified that Todd Macaluso gifted $70 Geeze to the trust account of Casey Anthony. Operating pro hac vice (visitors pass) as representation with his own retainer agreement with Miss Anthony, Mac has violated the rules of the Florida Bar:

RULE 4-1.8 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; PROHIBITED AND OTHER TRANSACTIONS

(e) Financial Assistance to Client. A lawyer shall not provide financial assistance to a client in connection with pending or contemplated litigation, except that:

(1) a lawyer may advance court costs and expenses of litigation, the repayment of which may be contingent on the outcome of the matter; and

(2) a lawyer representing an indigent client may pay court costs and expenses of litigation on behalf of the client.

*As Casey had access to $275K and was not indigent 10 months ago when Todd Macaluso signed on and paid his apparent entry fee, it would be impossible to defend this “contribution” as legal under Florida law.

The only thing FCA ever grieved was the loss of her own freedom.

May she reap what she has sown tenfold.

SanDiego Sugga Daddy

Todd Macaluso, apparently so sure of Casey’s innocence he*gassed up the whirlybird, packed his lucky smoking jacket and signed on to the case. *

Jose Baez testified that Todd Macaluso gifted $70 Geeze to the trust account of Casey Anthony. Operating pro hac vice (visitors pass) as representation with his own retainer agreement with Miss Anthony, Mac has violated the rules of the Florida Bar:

(e) Financial Assistance to Client. A lawyer shall not provide financial assistance to a client in connection with pending or contemplated litigation, except that:

(1) a lawyer may advance court costs and expenses of litigation, the repayment of which may be contingent on the outcome of the matter; and

(2) a lawyer representing an indigent client may pay court costs and expenses of litigation on behalf of the client.

*As Casey had access to $275K and was not indigent 10 months ago when Todd Macaluso signed on and paid his apparent entry fee, it would be impossible to defend this “contribution” as legal under Florida law.

Nice catch, Amil :D

Casey is no longer anyone's responsibility and that includes her safety. She may be a cash cow at the moment but a couple of weeks down the line the newspapers will be recycled and old news.

That is when Karma will set in. For the next week or so Baez will milk her and then dump her, his work will be done. He now has 'celebrity' status himself and who needs a needy, demanding incubus sitting on his shoulder?

Baez, Cheney and the rest of the team have careers and family which Casey has not. She will have to have security/bodyguards for the rest of her life which she is now responsible for. Gone are the days that she can spend the weekend partying, shopping, going to the beach and seeing friends. For a young woman I cant think of anything worse!

If I were Casey I would rather be in prison, as much as she has her freedom she actually has much much less than inside. Can you imagine her on a shopping trip, going on a plane etc? NEVER!

Haha Casey enjoy your 'freedom' but watch out cos Karma will come in the way you least expect it

SanDiego Sugga Daddy

Yes. He withdrew from the defense when he had his hands full with his own problems. During the middle of the Anthony case the California bar suspended his license to practice law. IIRC, it was for co-mingling trust and operating accounts. (Basically, embezzling client funds.)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-02-15/news/os-casey-anthony-attorney-quits-defense-t20100215_1_defense-team-todd-macaluso-california-bar

SanDiego Sugga Daddy

Great find and point! I also recall some kind ethical problem or reprimand he had out there...associated with the bar...can't recall, googling. (if I don't run out of time, we're moving and I'm not helping, lol ;) )

ETA BBM: and what's THAT entail...

Yes. He withdrew from the defense when he had his hands full with his own problems. During the middle of the Anthony case the California bar suspended his license to practice law. IIRC, it was for co-mingling trust and operating accounts. (Basically, embezzling client funds.)

Right up caseys alley!!!! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member