TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irish....

I also was wondering about the jeep registration. I get the idea it may have been Gail's alone but not sure...does anyone know?

If they haven't already, I was thinking that LE could find-out if monthly payments are still being made for it, that is if it was bought or leased with a loan. Also, was wondering about the jeep insurance, i.e. if a claim has been made, cancellation requested, etc.

Someone needs to confirm, but rumor has it, it was in Gail's name alone and why it couldn't be reported stolen by Matt, hence the LE would be on the look out as well. The theory of you cannot steal your own vehicle came up in a conversation, I recall.

Whether payments, insurance, and such are involved, I have no knowledge.

Thanks, this must be new and applies only to active commodities. Hence, the cement company off the mountain is listed, but none of the other mines are listed, since they are no longer in operation. Still looking for those around the mountain. Big Fork Road has many access points throughout the mountain, front - at top and bottom (towards downtown - Hamilton county) and back (Dunlap, Whitwell - Sequatchie/Marion county).

Yes, that doc is current- there is also the reclamed and non operational. You can find most of them here:
http://www.state.tn.us/environment/wpc/programs/abandmine/

One of the reasons why I posted the active list was because of the geological difference in types of mines/quarries. I was also interested in areas that may have been damaged or affected by the storm systems that came through surrounding the time Gail disappeared.

Someone needs to confirm, but rumor has it, it was in Gail's name alone and why it couldn't be reported stolen by Matt, hence the LE would be on the look out as well. The theory of you cannot steal your own vehicle came up in a conversation, I recall.

Whether payments, insurance, and such are involved, I have no knowledge.

I want to say that Arlene said it's in Gail's name only, but I can't remember where she was talking about it. It was a verbal interview, not a news article. I think it must have been one of the SMM interviews.

Some people have the VIN. Is there a website where you can search a VIN and the owner comes up? Would that be registered owner or the person(s) who purchased it? And do those two have to match?

I'm so bad with anything about cars :(

Quick thought - mini project - take the VIN and pull any/all available info about the Jeep, and put it all together in one post that everybody working on Jeep finding projects can use as a quick reference chart? Maybe make it a sticky?

Bringing forward firefly's awesome post

BBM
Irish_Eyes, You have some awesome ideas here which could be very effective, thank you! Although, in response to your comment BBM, I am local and have been involved in the search for Gail and her Jeep since the day she went missing. No, I never met Gail, but I did have a sister go missing a few years back, I have lived it from the inside with was blessed with a fortunate ending. I have also personally experienced and survived a dangerous relationship and a very carefully executed exit of that realtionship (I was lucky enough though, to get one step further than it appears GP did at this point). Thus, I was deeply touched by her disappearance. Anyway, I later came into contact with LE and the BGHN folks (and others close to Gail), and have remained in touch with all of them to date. I can tell you that there are no donations or funds available to either the BGHN folks or any of the other locals other than what is pulled from individual pockets. All efforts have been by the way of personally donated time and by the volunteers paying for out of pocket expenses (flyers, gas, use of equipment, search party support, permits, event supplies, etc.). Personally, I know what I have invested, and will continue to invest in terms of money, time, administrative efforts, personal energy, etc. I can only guess at what others may also be personally funding without complaint. I know one individual held a yard sale and used those funds to help defray various costs associated with the search for Gail.

I am not trying to toot any horns here, just stating facts. I guess when I read your comment, It just struck me that maybe the general public might assume there was a "magic account" which was funding all of the efforts or providing an allowance to certain persons...not so.

Just like everyone here on WS, we are doing what we can with what various resources and support we can provide. All for the same important cause, the effort to locate Gail and her Jeep. ...as the saying goes, "nothing worthwhile in life is free". What could be more worthwhile than to locate Gail and have answers to so many questions for her family and children?

On that note, I have seen many awesome suggestions from several posters to try and get the word out about the missing Jeep and Gail. I would like to extend an invitation to any of you on WS who wish to join my ongoing "Jeep Email Blitz Campaign". Let me clearly state, that I personally contacted LE (HCSO), proposed the effort and provided them with a sample email for their approval regarding content, specific informational details and the intended scope of distribution (so as not to compromise or undermine their investigative efforts). The intention of the email is to target agencies and companies which could potentially come into contact, and be able to verify/identify the Rubicon (via the VIN) and/or Gail or any other occupants of the vehicle. Since most of us are scattered around the country, using individual local knowledge and imagination could get this out further as a group instead of just one person.

If anyone registered on WS is interested (and JBean also blesses this), I would be happy to receive a PM containing your email address. I will then, in return, forward the email with 1 small attachment (as approved by LE), to that email address, along with the simple guidelines I have been following. Just a few people sending a few emails to specific targets (NO SPAMMING) will go a lot further every day.

This has not generated much return mail to the account I am using. All case-specific contact is specifically directed to LE. I have had just a few courtesy responses from companies verifying that they have run the VIN through their systems and have nothing to report, and a couple of good luck wishes in the effort. So, basically just send them out, pray somebody gets a hit, and contacts LE.

One last note on this, as a common courtesy I have also been in contact with DN regarding this, provided her with all of the details of this project, and a copy of the sample email as well. She clearly expressed her appreciation of the efforts to help locate GP and her Jeep.

Thanks everyone for your consideration, any help is welcomed and appreciated!

I will be available for a while this evening, back on later tomorrow morning. Not pulling another all-nighter this weekend :)

P.S. Just for clarification about email addresses...I will ONLY use this email to send the sample email with instructions, or to reply to an email you send to me at the jeep email address. I do not want to bypass this site or shut anyone here "out", but it IS necessary for the email to be forwarded from the Jeep's email addy to yours for the email to remain unaltered. Obviously, if there is a communication you feel is sensitive to the case, please feel free to either PM or use jeep addy. Otherwise, I have no problem discussing any of this where we can all participate as a group. We on WS all have the same end-goal in mind!

Great ideas, everyone. Seriously great!

I still think the jeep is inside of a storage facility somewhere. Too bad we can't look up records to see if MP or someone close to him has rented one.....

It's the perfect spot.

IF he has something to do with all of this, that is.

(snip)
Anyone interested in working on this, please holler. I'm more than willing to teach people how to use Twitter, and help in any way. This is just too big of a project for me to do by myself, I just unfortunately don't have the energy.

Dumb question... :blushing:

Do I have to have a lot of "followers" for this to work? Or do the hash tags get my tweets out to people who are not following me? (I am not Twitter-literate.)

I have a Twitter account I never use, my only followers are my husband and a few family members. But I LOVE the idea of using Twitter to get the message out re: missing persons. I think I'd like to start tweeting for Gail, and others.

lol....I need to be the above icon...but it's the globe with what looks like a paperclip on the bottom...hahaha, I bet that REALLY helps!! Look under the smilies button, it's left of the crossed out paperclip! Run your mouse across them and it's the one that represents <Insert Link> :floorlaugh:

Thanks! I figured it out this morning! Again, I've learned something new. All this new learning is going to short circuit my brain. I had better be careful. Last night I had already reached my daily quota and it was hopeless to try to cram any more in.

Folks I have not been around and have not read much of what has been posted. but even when I poke my head in from time to time I see a lot of tit for tat and petty bickering going on among members. That usually includes veiled insults that are nothing more than attacks on members.

[bbm]

JBean! We've been missing your analytical-ness over here.

Believe09 too! Don't ya'll love us anymore?

:blowkiss:

We NEED you! And we seem to get in trouble more often without your supervision....

:eye::eye:

:eye::eye:

Hey all I'm afraid I won't be much use today my baby has a fever and she's really miserable I will try to work on the hash tags more later this evening. if anyone gets a chance to look into this sooner I'd welcome the help but if not I'll just keep on trucking later tonight. . I took a quick look at the post and I'm so happy about everyone excellent ideas and all the hard work. sorry about the bad grammar I only have 1 free hand right now

Sorry your baby is sick. My youngest had a pretty high fever yesterday, but seems better today. Hope yours gets better quickly! Thanks for all you are doing with the jeep search!

Super, firefly! I had PMed the mods to see if they wanted to have a separate thread for Jeep finding efforts. I just PMed them back to see if they can move all the Jeep finding posts over to the thread you've created.

I think it would be helpful to have all the info in one place to reduce searching for the info through the main threads, and much of the info is common whether it's email, twitter, facebook, online searching, etc.

Thanks for getting a thread going!

Thank-YOU BeanE! Great suggestion, and I agree wholeheartedly. Website work I am familiar with, forums...well, I am learning another skill and appreciate the helpful hints :)

While I was sitting at church this morning, listening to the announcements and the welcoming of visitors, it crossed my mind that Gail was Catholic. I am not catholic, but understand that the catholic church is very organized. I thought if Gail is out there moving around, she may decide to attend a mass or even go to confession somewhere. Many people turn to their faith in troubled times for help and comfort.

I wonder if there is someway to get Gail's info to the Catholic church, so that if she did attend somewhere, the Priest or others might recognize her. I realize they might not want to reveal if she came for confession or something like that, but could at least confirm that she was seen.

The reason I mention the organization of the church is that maybe there is a higher level office that the info could be sent to, where it would distributed to all the needed places. Any Catholics who could comment on this?

While I was sitting at church this morning, listening to the announcements and the welcoming of visitors, it crossed my mind that Gail was Catholic. I am not catholic, but understand that the catholic church is very organized. I thought if Gail is out there moving around, she may decide to attend a mass or even go to confession somewhere. Many people turn to their faith in troubled times for help and comfort.

I wonder if there is someway to get Gail's info to the Catholic church, so that if she did attend somewhere, the Priest or others might recognize her. I realize they might not want to reveal if she came for confession or something like that, but could at least confirm that she was seen.

The reason I mention the organization of the church is that maybe there is a higher level office that the info could be sent to, where it would distributed to all the needed places. Any Catholics who could comment on this?

Wonderful confused! LIGHTBULB! Thanks for the shared brainpower, I will get the information out ASAP!

Anything said to a priest is in confidence and they cannot break that. That is one of the laws of the church.

Domestic Violence Against Women
[from the U. S. Catholic bishops’
pastoral statement on domestic violence
http://www.dnu.org/service/marriagefamily-domesticviolence.pdf

If Gail went to a priest, this document will give us an idea of how she may have been counseled. It includes a section for priests on what to do if an abused woman comes to them. Basically, they refer to local resources, shelters, etc. They are advised to collect info on all that and keep it at the ready, but it's a whole section in the document.

Anything said to a priest is in confidence and they cannot break that. That is one of the laws of the church.

Yes, but a Priest wouldn't need to tell anyone WHAT was said, he could however confirm if he saw her. That would at least let us know she's out there.

An excellent idea, confused.
I have some close connections with the Catholic church. I can message congregations in TN, NC, GA, SC, NY, AL.... heck, a lot of places. Perhaps a picture of Gail, and a picture of the Jeep on bulletin boards and in prayer boxes might be useful for this.

If she sees a priest only in confession (and even then he might not actually set eyes on her, if the confession is done in a "confessional" where there is a screen or wall between priest and penitent), I am almost 100% certain that the priest cannot even divulge if he has seen her. Anonymity is a guarantee of the confessional.

If she shows up in the rectory, or just speaks to a priest in public, it may not fall under the seal of the confessional. I say "may", because if she approaches a priest outside of the confessional, she might still ask him to treat her conversation as a private, confessional conversation.

A good idea might be to check the website of Gail's diocese, as well as any neighboring ones, for shelters, organizations, etc, where she might go if in need of help. They still may not be able to give information, but perhaps a message could be left for her to contact family, etc.

Hopefully this is helpful - from a Catholic who has been lurking on Gail's threads from the beginning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$