The Oath of Admission to the Florida Bar -- Did JB or CM violate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will be looked into by JP or the SA or whomever and something will be done about it!!!

Can you even imagine JB being disbarred or jailed and FCA has been set free???
Oh happy day!!! :)

Now that made me smile! :)

The unfortunate reality at this point is that if ANYONE files a complaint with the Florida Bar it is going to look like sour grapes because the Defense won. I do believe there was more than one breach of ethics during the last 3 years. the photo of Mason shooting the bird is proof positive of 'offensive personality'. Having said that, nothing is going to be done. No one wants to look like they are being petty and vindictive by complaining now. I can only hope that there were complaints made before the verdict and those can be looked into without making it seem like revenge.

The unfortunate reality at this point is that if ANYONE files a complaint with the Florida Bar it is going to look like sour grapes because the Defense won. I do believe there was more than one breach of ethics during the last 3 years. the photo of Mason shooting the bird is proof positive of 'offensive personality'. Having said that, nothing is going to be done. No one wants to look like they are being petty and vindictive by complaining now. I can only hope that there were complaints made before the verdict and those can be looked into without making it seem like revenge.

Yeah petty and vincictive to hold up the oath? Sour grapes because of the loss? Well said. Oh wait this isnt a sport it was an innocent baby's life.
Slimy dirty DT denied this baby justice and somebody needs to get off their fat asses and make sure the lawyers are playing by the rules, not slipping through them.

As soon as I figure out the way to send a letter to the Florida Bar I am going to do so. Sour grapes or not, they need to hear from all who are outraged by both Baez and Masons behavior whether they liked the verdict or not. I will be professional and write the letter so I do not sound like sour grapes. I am not being petty or vindictive, I want Baez disbarred or at the very least sanctioned, and same for Mason. Flipping that bird was so unnecessary and SO unprofessional. WTH is wrong with him?
As the DP qualified atty, and as the atty with the most experience, Mason should have been schooling Baez the whole time from the time he joined the DT. It appears he sat back and his physical presence was all he needed to present. Most of his questions and comments about "indulging an old man" and claims he "couldn't hear" were ridiculous. He is 68 years old. Hardly an elderly man. He fuddled around and played the half-deaf card for while. What an idiot- has he never heard of HEARING AIDS? Instead of expecting an entire courtroom to indulge HIM because he is hard of hearing??
Just one of the many things he did that really had me wondering if he has been practicing law like this his whole career.

Rant over. Sorry- guess I am still disgusted beyond all recognition. But I feel a little better now.

As soon as I figure out the way to send a letter to the Florida Bar I am going to do so. Sour grapes or not, they need to hear from all who are outraged by both Baez and Masons behavior whether they liked the verdict or not. I will be professional and write the letter so I do not sound like sour grapes. I am not being petty or vindictive, I want Baez disbarred or at the very least sanctioned, and same for Mason. Flipping that bird was so unnecessary and SO unprofessional. WTH is wrong with him?
As the DP qualified atty, and as the atty with the most experience, Mason should have been schooling Baez the whole time from the time he joined the DT. It appears he sat back and his physical presence was all he needed to present. Most of his questions and comments about "indulging an old man" and claims he "couldn't hear" were ridiculous. He is 68 years old. Hardly an elderly man. He fuddled around and played the half-deaf card for while. What an idiot- has he never heard of HEARING AIDS? Instead of expecting an entire courtroom to indulge HIM because he is hard of hearing??
Just one of the many things he did that really had me wondering if he has been practicing law like this his whole career.

Rant over. Sorry- guess I am still disgusted beyond all recognition. But I feel a little better now.

I sort of wondered if maybe HHJP was hoping it would all "go away" once Casey was released. Personally I felt when he read the verdict sheet from the jury foreman he was ready to slide under the bench and put it all behind him.

I sincerely hope that something will come of their despicable behavior, most especially the completely unsubstantiated opening statement!!!!

Hi. Guys....I haven't read the whole thread....but here is then addy and phone:

The Florida Bar
657 Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL. 32399-2300

Phone - 850-561-5600

I'm hoping that you will post information on how to contact the FL Bar. I for one, would also like to write a leter. Thank you!!

Not having read through this thread in it's entirety, just want to say a HUGE :gthanks: to Friday for starting this thread.

While I am not happy that Casey walked, I have to say that I am even more upset and sickened over this abuse and mockery of our legal system. JMO.

Yeah petty and vincictive to hold up the oath? Sour grapes because of the loss? Well said. Oh wait this isnt a sport it was an innocent baby's life.
Slimy dirty DT denied this baby justice and somebody needs to get off their fat asses and make sure the lawyers are playing by the rules, not slipping through them.

I agree with everything you said, but I don't want anyone to be disappointed if nothing is ever done. Perhaps I am being too cynical here, but I seriously doubt you will find an attorney willing to do more than just shake their head sadly and frown. Think about all the attorneys that did legal analysis for this case and who spoke out about the tactics used by the defense. Has anyone heard that any of these lawyers have filed a complaint or brought the unethical behavior up to the bar? I doubt it. Shaeffer, NeJame, Hornsby and so many others had a lot to say, didn't they? It is so easy to point fingers, but it takes a lot of guts to do more than that.

I hope writing letters will get someone's attention at the Florida Bar. Just don't be too upset and disappointed if nothing happens. And most of all I sincerely hope a number of you will be able to quote this post at some point in the future and tell me how wrong I was. I would be most happy to admit I was wrong and sing the praises of the attorney disgusted enough with this type of behavior to step up and do something about it.

True, but George was probably in on it from the get go, as I do believe he would take all these hits gladly for his daughter to be free.

That's funny, 'cause he sure didn't look like someone who was happy about being called a child molester. :waitasec:

BBM

:clap: I can see you share my love for the distinguished Mr. Mason, Abbie. :floorlaugh:

Was there a method to his madness? He was given a monitor connected directly to the court reporter. Whatever was said at sidebar KC to easily look at the monitor and read it, which she did. KC had a right to know what was said but it eliminated them having to tell her later. So it was a good move on their part. jmo

The talking head lawyers on tv are also talking about how unethical it was for Jose to ask the Anthony's to be decoys at the time of FCA's release. Talk about morally bankrupt!

Kid you not.....EVERY TIME I read the thread title as I scan the page....I read it as......

The Oath of Omission.........

Kid you not.....EVERY TIME I read the thread title as I scan the page....I read it as......

The Oath of Omission.........

OMG!!! SOTS - LG almost bursts into tears!

Wondered where you were!!! :blowkiss: Just be careful where you step these days....

What bothers me is that other lawyers dont seem to care. They just accept that "this happens all the time". The bar is set so low at this point, nothing would surprise me anymore.

http://caseyanthonyjurors.weebly.com/

Many excellent points made in this article....
but when I wiki the -change.org- is says it is a for profit org.....
Very new to things like this... but I agree with that article 100%, and would like to do something about it....

any suggestions..??

I believe in change can happen when enough people agree to a petition of some sort... but I don't want to contribute to "the blood money" situation...or anyone profiting from Caylee's death...

Not having read through this thread in it's entirety, just want to say a HUGE :gthanks: to Friday for starting this thread.

While I am not happy that Casey walked, I have to say that I am even more upset and sickened over this abuse and mockery of our legal system. JMO.

Especially due to Cheney Mason stating that the "constitution was upheld" in finding Casey Anthony not guilty...it's sickening how both of those "attorneys-at-law" behaved before, during, and after the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow