Software designer says Casey Anthony prosecution data was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know that the issue was not addressed in a sidebar? Perhaps LDB and JA took the information once they found out on June 25th and told HHJP and HHJP said that the defense questioning and witness had already dispited the 84 times so it was on the record that there was a disagreement about it. Maybe this was a decision above LBD and JA to not re-call the witness.

Also, as much as I can remember, LDB and JA didn't say "84 times" in closing statements. So they were respecting the fact that it was misinformation and not using it in closing.

But I do agree that in theory this is a big deal, and if I were LDB and JA I would be soooo mad at the cacheback people because attorneys depend on their witnesses to have true and accurate information. LDB and JA are not forensic computer experts, how would they know it was wrong?

Can you imagine the mess this would have been if FCA was found guilty? I would guess she would have won an appeal with this information.

This is just another red herring thrown out by the DT to soften Casey's public image and garner sympathy so people will be inclined to hear her story and make them all some big $$$$. Nope, still not interested.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. :cow:

You know what ticks me off.

Mis information that has been flying around in this thread. Like the fact that it was NOT typed in the search box "HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM". It most certainly WAS typed out. FCA did INDEED type out how to make chloroform and used google search under her password protected username.

Mis information will soon be thought of as absolute truth and some might think that gee maybe FCA didn't get away with murder. And then we feed into just what the DT did to this jury. They muddied the waters and hoped they confused the jury enough that they wouldn't convict her, and that's what happened. But in truth it wouldn't take much to confuse the likes of this particular jury.

Please if you haven't watched the entire trial like some of us please visit www.wftv.com before you post what you know to be "truths" and make sure you listen to the particular testimony before you post. Others will be looking at these posts in the coming months and years and take this mis information and interpretation as truth.

I wonder if we could keep tabs as to how many "mis-informations" each side had??? Hmmmmmm lets' see we could start with opening statements.....George molested Casey, George didn't try CPR, George didn't call 911, George somehow found Kronk & gave him Caylee's body, Kronk disposed of Caylee exactly HOW many times............ and the list goes on and on. So after watching this entire trial and pre-trial I must conclude that both sides provide their information and each side tries to discredit said evidence. It really does not change the fact that Caylee died while under her mother's care. Casey did NOT report a missing and/or deceased Caylee for 31 DAYS, Casey lied OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to the ENTIRE WORLD and then to top it all off 12 jurors decided to not understand what they were to do exactly.
Regardless, I really must agree with George here 2 + 2 DOES in fact equal 4. Casey DID LOOK up HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM and to the best of my recollection she is NOT a chemist nor was she enrolled in a chemistry class.
She may not have been found guilty but she certainly is not innocent and she will surface again and again in a court of law, many, many, many more times in her life - she just can't help herself.
JMOO

If LDB had corrected the report in open court JP would have HAD to give an instruction to the jury. No woulda, coulda, shoulda. He would have had to in order to ensure due process.

Not only did that not happen, but the most glaring omission is a motion for a mistrial based on incorrect information being testified to the jurors.

There was NEVER a correction by the state.

Link please?

Originally Posted by JSR View Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone please RE READ THE ABOVE DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!

What we have here is a MISINTERPRETATION of evidence! Not a willful Brady violation!!!!

There is NOTHING exculpatory about this evidence, absolutely NOTHING. And it would not have been overturned by a higher court because it would have had to show that the exclusion of this evidence would have changed the outcome of the trial, which IMO it wouldn't have, especially if she was convicted on a lesser charge than 1st degree murder. If that was the only evidence the state had then yes it could have been likely the conviction would have been overturned. Because really all the searches show are premeditation.

If I didn't know better I would think JA was the one on trial and not FCA. It's important to note that the defense was saying it was Cindy who did these searches so it's moot. And c'mon let's get real 84 or 1 time visiting this site? Even once is bad enough coupled with the rest of the evidence.

If you want to talk about misconduct I think you're criticism would be better leveled at the one counsel who was REPEATEDLY reprimanded in open court by HHJP for violating discovery rules. Not just once but REPEATEDLY!

ITA but you knew the attempted rehabilitation of Casey Anthony was going to start any day by her defenders and the DT in some way. There is too much money on the line for the DT. They know the current public opinion isn't going to help get them their glory and money like they initially thought after hearing the verdict. They need her to be more of a victim.

jmo

Actually, Bradley sent out a press release dated 7/11 and then he corrected the dates of some of the occurrences in an updated press release today. http://www.cacheback.ca/news/news_release-20110711-1.asp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, July 11, 2011
(Amended 2011-JUL-19)

Computer Evidence in the Casey Anthony Trial - A Post Mortem

I don't trust this man.

Thank you for finding this and posting it. Definitely makes me wonder :waitasec:

Even if the jury believed that FCA actually searched chloroform 84 times or 100 times, it didn't make any difference to their mindset or there decision.

According to their interviews, they did not give any consideration at all to the wealth of circumstantial and scientific evidence offered by the prosecution. Their verdict was based totally on JB's innuendo, hearsay, and downright lies.

As JA said, this woman should be totally ignored, people like her thrive on the limelight. Caylee's Law will ensure that little Caylee will be remembered long after FCA has faded into obscurity.

This is just another red herring thrown out by the DT to soften Casey's public image and garner sympathy so people will be inclined to hear her story and make them all some big $$$$. Nope, still not interested.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. :cow:

I don't think this is a big deal either, but the DT/Casey/CA/GA have nothing to do with this story. This is the computer expert who came forward with this. I think we should stop spreading misinformation.

Ok just for *****s and giggles, here is what would be considered a Brady violation and could have overturned any conviction if one had been given.

The state obtained a written or oral account by Cindy that she admitted to the searches of how to make chloroform but the state willfully withheld that information. Later the defense obtains the "confession" by Cindy that she made the searches.

That my friends is a Brady violation. That would be prosecution misconduct.

LDB did inform the defense of the error once she was notified. And she never mentioned Chloroform in her closing argument.

Was it a mistake, yes. Willful prosecutorial misconduct, no.

FCA received a more than fair trial. Did anyone catch how many attys showed up after the verdict was read??? She had close to 10+ attorneys working on her case, if not more. I didn't actually count how many. The State had 3 (count them THREE) SA's working on this case. The state of FL footed the entire bill for FCA and she received far more funds than the typical inmate charged with a crime. The only thing HHJP denied them was a jury consultant which there were able to get anyway by what many consider a less than ethical way. She was in protective custody the entire time and always had her commission account full so she could buy goodies.

To hear it here you would think FCA is to be believed of being the big victim of being framed by the SA. Believe me, IMO, the state didn't need the searches and should have just left them out entirely. Not that it would matter with this jury I don't even think a videotape of FCA killing Caylee would have been enough to convict her.

And seeing how quickly the SA's can be vilified shows just how easily FCA was able to get away with murder.

Please go back and watch the portions of the trial. IIRC LDB said so in open court that there was an error and it was discussed among the parties in front of HHJP.

And to give a jury instruction to the Jury was the judge's decision NOT the SA. So if there was an error made it was on HHJP's decision not to instruct the jury. HHJP decided not to instruct the jury, so none was given.

It's not like they would have even listened to it.

They ignored MOST of his instructions anyway

ITA but you knew the attempted rehabilitation of Casey Anthony was going to start any day by her defenders and the DT in some way. There is too much money on the line for the DT. They know the current public opinion isn't going to help get them their glory and money like they initially thought after hearing the verdict. They need her to be more of a victim.

jmo

Well said and totally agree!

If LDB had corrected the report in open court JP would have HAD to give an instruction to the jury. No woulda, coulda, shoulda. He would have had to in order to ensure due process.

Not only did that not happen, but the most glaring omission is a motion for a mistrial based on incorrect information being testified to the jurors.

Ok let's do this again. It was not up to the state to "MAKE A CORRECTION". The state provided the defense with a report indicating the error. It was up to the JUDGE to give the instruction.

There was misinformation/misinterpretation made by the defense witnesses as well in this case. In order to rectified that it's the job of the opposing party to point it out such inconsistencies on cross or re-cross.

If anything this witnesses should have been called back again and the testimony should have been corrected. But to say it was prosecutorial misconduct is completely out of line.

Thank you. Like I said on this same topic in another thread, I was convinced of her guilt long before this discrepancy, and this discrepancy doesn't change my mind in the least. This was not SA misconduct. It would not reverse the trial. This is being blown WAY out of proportion. There was a lot more circumstantial evidence that put chloroform in the back of Casey's trunk, and even visiting a website on How to Make Chloroform ONCE is not a good thing in my eyes. Programs can be wrong because they are made by humans. Humans make mistakes. If it was such a big issue, Baez would be on it like a dog on a bone. But she got ACQUITTED. So this is a MOOT POINT.

Absolutely agreed; it would not result in a mistrial. The defense was given the information that the State had and the Defense came up with a flaw in Cashbache that the State also saw. It is not the huge "newsbit" that everyone is portraying. I did not like it when I saw it at trial but I too thought the "abiding conviction" I had of the "circumstantial evidence" was enough to confict of premeditated murder and if I had been on the jury, they would have had to declare a mistrial before I would give it up. SIGHHHHHH.

Ok just for *advertiser censored* and giggles, here is what would be considered a Brady violation and could have overturned any conviction if one had been given.

The state obtained a written or oral account by Cindy that she admitted to the searches of how to make chloroform but the state willfully withheld that information. Later the defense obtains the "confession" by Cindy that she made the searches.

That my friends is a Brady violation. That would be prosecution misconduct.

LDB did inform the defense of the error once she was notified. And she never mentioned Chloroform in her closing argument.

Was it a mistake, yes. Willful prosecutorial misconduct, no.

FCA received a more than fair trial. Did anyone catch how many attys showed up after the verdict was read??? She had close to 10+ attorneys working on her case, if not more. I didn't actually count how many. The State had 3 (count them THREE) SA's working on this case. The state of FL footed the entire bill for FCA and she received far more funds than the typical inmate charged with a crime. The only thing HHJP denied them was a jury consultant which there were able to get anyway by what many consider a less than ethical way. She was in protective custody the entire time and always had her commission account full so she could buy goodies.

To hear it here you would think FCA is to be believed of being the big bad victim of being framed by the SA. Believe me, IMO, the state didn't need the searches and should have just left them out entirely. Not that it would matter with this jury I don't even think a videotape of FCA killing Caylee would have been enough to convict her.

And seeing how quickly the SA's can be vilified shows just how easily FCA was able to get away with murder.

Just IMO, the people really trying to debate this story aren't trying to bring Casey Anthony into this because the story in and of itself has nothing to do with her. It potentially has something to do with her rights if something improper is going on but on the surface this is simply trying to answer the question whether the state willfully ignored corrections to the data they presented during the trial. All this other stuff about ICA, how the DT is bringing this story out to make her out to be innocent is just a bunch of noise to me.

This only appears to make KC looked as if she was, indeed, the searcher. If one search was the only one done.....CA admitted to at least two...one on the 17th and one on the 21st. So much for improving KC's imagine. jmo

Link to what? I am asserting that she did NOT provide the correct information.

Originally Posted by GhostCrab

This is an affirmative statement that there was NEVER a correction by the state. This is not an assertion...thus my request for a link which states that "There was NEVER a correction by the state."

TIA...

so what you are saying is, you think the defense team conspired with this cacheback dude to improve caseys image?

I don't mean to sound cynical, but c'mon really would anything surprise you regarding the DT??? I mean what have we seen from them time and time and yet time again the last 3+ years. I wouldn't trust JB for as far as I could throw the man, and that isn't far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member