Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw another idea up in the air, could Rebecca's death have been caused by somebody breaking into the house?

It was all over the news about the accident of Maxie, the father of whom is know to be very wealthy and at that time most likely to be a the side of his son and away from home.

I still think the bindings on her legs look like she was tied to a chair at some point.
Just an another possibility to look at.

That's a great observation.

If it was before 7am, likely was more like a 20-25 minute drive depending on the lights and such just to get out of that area of Coronado. It's not a straight shot onto the interstate until you get through town.

If it was after 7am, I used to travel that stretch of 805 for work and left at 7am and it could be a madhouse. There's no way to tell.

Yeah, you cannot just drive off Coronado in 5 minutes. And 805 and 5 are nightmares at that time - really traffic starts right around 7 for rush hour and even before. That is a very congested part of the freeway with all of the traffic coming from Mexico, Eastlake, Chula Vista, etc. I think the traffic going from the hospital to Coronado would be a lot lighter than the reverse.

IzzyBlanche,I have to agree with your post."PS And I didn't even go near the nudity. Are you kidding? I wouldn't kill myself naked even if I knew the first person to find me would be my CAT." Yikes,No matter how buff or gorgeous I was I would not opt to stage my body nude either.

Which reinforces my believe her body was staged. Now,there was the episode of shoplifting at Macy's. Could someone be blackmailing Rebecca. It is obvious why she would not want it made public.

Perhaps Rebecca felt she needed to kennel her dog because of insecurity over the future with JS. Perhaps she had tried to communicate with JS and had been rebuffed. She was probably feeling all of the above when she was making arrangements for her dog.Also,there was no mention of forced entry or security cameras by the presser.

Finally,my husband has several of the orange extension cords in his shop. As has been posted these cords would be extremely difficult to tie in a knot. Even a muscled person would have difficulty. The cords
are heavy gauge wire and have the 3 prong plugs. I might go so far as to say I cannot imagine the bulky knot holding...the cord is stiff and does not bend or conform with ease.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-death-investigation-20110719,0,3614348.story

The 52-year-old multi-millionare whose son and girlfriend died mysteriously last week returned to his Arizona home.

A source close to the family said Jonah Shacknai was making funeral arrangements for his son, Max, who died after falling inside the historic Spreckles mansion July 11.

The sheriff's department said Tuesday they is looking into the "possibility other people may have been staying inside the house" the night before Zahau died.

So, JS is back in AZ. Did his brother go back to memphis? Where is Maxie's mom, Dina?

I am still having a hard time understanding why JS has not mentioned his girlfriend of 2 years.......she had been a part of his life and his children's life..........I know he is mourning the passing of his son.......but nothing, nothing about his love of RN and how she will also be missed........

Do they blame RN for Maxie's death???

Heres what Is rattling around in my brain . did max die say supper time monday night if so mom dad even though there no longer married are clearly grieving they go back to jonah's and the brother is there and who knows who else alot of grief maybe drinking and of course his gf is also there and she is the one they might be blaming cause she was watching max when he fell so its her fault right or so they think and well thier upset they wanna blame someone and they consume alot of alchahol and someone or 2 or even 3 ex wife brother and jonah confront her and they do this to her..the key is finding out what time the son died .there no longer gonna stay at the hospitol he has to go through the propper steps to get the child ready for the funeral and who knows maybe they were doing an autopsy on max too to see if it was consistant with a fall...i think if max dies sometime monday after noon early evening the parents are grieving and they go back mybe to try n get a better story about just what happened becaue they wouldnt have just left max's side while in hospitol they would be there 24 7 any parent would so maybe they didn;t even know her side of the story as of yet and they went home to confront her...hey now this all fits good i think i could make the opening statements for the defense lol.. Oh and when i mentioned earlier it was 27 bed rooms at 13 million dollars and just a vacation home were you really trying to correct me over 25 thousand dollars off. I kinda like this theory so let me know what u think should i go write the bar exzam let me know how my theory fits .

Not sure this was posted before, can't find this quote and it's from the 15th

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Violent-death-at-Scottsdale-CEOs-home-125540698.html

Former Phoenix Police Sergeant Paul Penzone says San Diego investigators are being appropriately cautious with their comments.

"They know more than they're letting on," says Penzone, who says it should be relatively easy for investigators to determine whether the victim committed suicide or was killed.

"Since she was bound, an expert will look at the way her hands were bound and be able to tell if she was able to accomplish that herself. If not, you have a murder," says Penzone.

Looking at the close up photo's again (Fox5) did anyone determine what the blue item was that's either close to her head or around he neck? A scarf or rope, item the paramedics left behind? It does look like it's frayed at the end like a rope. I have something very similar in my garage, its a thick nylon type rope/cord. Also the orange electrical wire that can be seen trailing, from that angle it almost looks like that's what her wrists are bound with?

Both the blue rope (if that's what it is) and electrical cord are not things I would imagine are found in the main house. Garage maybe or basement if there is one. I struggle to imagine a woman getting up in the night going outside to gather these items then removing her clothes and using these two different types of rope/cord to bind herself and then hang herself publicly outside of the house.

Oh ya last thing for right now this is rediculios talk about a woman not using a mans exstention cord its not dirty or i dont know whatever u believe it is that woman dont touch its a reaguler power cord just like an exstention cord you can sometimes use to plug in something that need he more length so theres no reason why a woman would not use it and i know why you think that as u said they would use a scare or some pretty little bath robestring or a scarf first none of those are gonna hold the dead weight of a human being even a tiny one but ok even if i say ya its plausible well as soon as she goes over buck naked throws your whole scenario out the window . this is why women dont do it that way or shoot them selves its pills an od if she did hang her self she woulda been dressed to the 9ines...

Well, the strange reporting continues. This, from Fox News this morning:

When Max fell down the stairs, Zahau was at home with a 13-year-old girl whom authorities won't name but was not related to the Shacknais. Paramedics found the boy wasn't breathing and did not have a pulse. Investigators said the fall was an accident.

Was it Jonah's daughter or not?

The other thing I found interesting was last night on HLN News and then again on JVM, I distinctly heard the officer questioned say that "Jonah was in San Diego" at the time Rebecca's death ocurred. I thought it interesting that police did not choose to state that he was at the hospital at any time in question.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...ast-before-son-died-police-say/#ixzz1SehbtngR

Looking at the close up photo's again (Fox5) did anyone determine what the blue item was that's either close to her head or around he neck? A scarf or rope, item the paramedics left behind? It does look like it's frayed at the end like a rope. I have something very similar in my garage, its a thick nylon type rope/cord. Also the orange electrical wire that can be seen trailing, from that angle it almost looks like that's what her wrists are bound with?

Both the blue rope (if that's what it is) and electrical cord are not things I would imagine are found in the main house. Garage maybe or basement if there is one. I struggle to imagine a woman getting up in the night going outside to gather these items then removing her clothes and using these two different types of rope/cord to bind herself and then hang herself publicly outside of the house.

I dont know if anyone else noticed but when u see a photographer taking photos and she is right up on the balcony look at the balcony it has a huge crack in it so ya i could see the constructions cord being left out if there was some work going on . but thats the point you wouldnt do it period naked ..thats was done to bring shame on her and prolly more for her because of her back ground could you imagine if her folks are traditional iam guessing she is chinease sorry if iam wrong but you know what shame that would bring her familly back home they get stoned to death for that kinda stuff. women wanna go out with dignity they want a non messy deth for a open coffin thats also why u dont shoot yourselfs either . or walk in front of a bus with women its 90 percent something like od or poision .

The other thing I found interesting was last night on HLN News and then again on JVM, I distinctly heard the officer questioned say that "Jonah was in San Diego" at the time Rebecca's death ocurred. I thought it interesting that police did not choose to state that he was at the hospital at any time in question.

Yeah, in a USA Today link someone posted last night, there was a police quote saying "San Diego County." Which I found odd as well. Was he at the hospital or not?

Regarding the suicide theory and what women will do/not do etc. She was in Coronado. She simply could have driven/walked/rode her bike to the bridge. People do it all the time. Seems a lot easier than getting cords out of the garage, and all that jazz. And we can all agree she wouldn't do it naked - unless she was completely zoned out.

Since JS was a pharmaceutical tycoon (although not a doctor), one could assume he'd have access to a lot of fun stuff like xanax and valium.

For a woman to commit suicide while naked, I believe she'd have to be completely out of her mind. And I've seen nothing to suggest Rebecca was.

Regarding the suicide theory and what women will do/not do etc. She was in Coronado. She simply could have driven/walked/rode her bike to the bridge. People do it all the time. Seems a lot easier than getting cords out of the garage, and all that jazz. And we can all agree she wouldn't do it naked - unless she was completely zoned out.

Since JS was a pharmaceutical tycoon (although not a doctor), one could assume he'd have access to a lot of fun stuff like xanax and valium.

Being on "fun stuff" or being completely zoned out doesn't go together with suicide either, considering she would have to manage to kill herself with her hands bound behind her back and her legs bound as well.

Maxie's accident was on Monday, July 11

RN was found hanging on Wednesday, July 13

Maxie passed away on Sunday, July 17

I totally agree with this post. I don't find it unusual JS hasn't released a statement about RN's death. He doesn't owe it to anybody. It's his private loss - not anything that would be published to the world.

And yes, if RN's death was retaliation for Max, the obvious cause of death would be more violent - and quick. This cause of death certainly seems like suicide (but of course things don't make sense) or at the hands of a man.

And I don't think for 1 second either parent left the hospital while Max was there.

I dunno. Rich people don't have to do their own retaliating. They hire others, professionals, to do their dirty work.

I'm not saying that either parent is responsible, it's hard to even speculate because this case is so convoluted and nothing so far adds up. I just hope we get some real, and consistent, information some time soon.

Maxie's accident was on Monday, July 11

RN was found hanging on Wednesday, July 13

Maxie pasted away on Sunday, July 17

Do we have the date that Maxie was determined to no longer have any brain function before his life support was switched off?
I think that could be useful in this time line, especially if it was before Tuesday evening.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...ast-before-son-died-police-say/#ixzz1SehbtngR

When Max fell down the stairs, Zahau was at home with a 13-year-old girl whom authorities won't name but was not related to the Shacknais

BBM

Could the mystery 13 year old been the "household help"; possible illegal alien?

Throwing things out there.........that's all

I wish LE would release some information; perhaps they are respecting the families and waiting until after the funerals.......even though no mention of RN and her funeral arrangements......

I wonder what AS told the police alerted him to the hanging scene?

Did he report hearing something or was it just happenstance – he got up at his regular time? [factor in adjusting to CA time from Memphis; arrival date in CA still unknown – presumed Tuesday]

If RN was indeed “in distress” when AS discovered her, to me it sounds more like something caught his attention to go to the scene. OR, he was directly involved; the deed was done; he knew she wouldn’t survive long; waited a calculated time; and then got the appropriate reporting ball rolling by calling 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie