Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyoldtime48,

thank you so much for researching the charitable contributions this family has and continues to make......they truly seem to believe in, "Paying It Forward"......

Fly with the Angels, Maxie and Rebecca.........

Thanks for remembering, Scorekeeper!

There's been THREE reports that point toward the chandelier having relevance in Max's fall.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15110536/is-mysterious-mansion-death-a-suicide-or-homicide
"Two days prior to the Arizona native's death, the six-year-old son of Zahau's boyfriend - 54-year-old Jonah Shacknai - fell down the stairs onto a chandelier at the home."

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ansion-serve-warrant-20110715,0,6761111.story
The video was taped when a search warrant was served at the mansion Friday night, the day Max's sister posted "RIP Maxie" on Facebook, most likely the day he was declared "brain dead". Investigators brought in a ladder and were seen jumping up and down on the second story, as if they were re-creating the incident. Now I know I heard or read the ladder was used to inspect the chandelier. Either they edited the video or I read it at an unknown website. This video is worth watching, as a review of the week's activities, and JS's questionable financial transactions.
http://www.10news.com/newsarchive/28534601/detail.html
"There have been conflicting reports about how the boy was injured. A neighbor told 10News that the boy, whose name was not released, was hurt by a falling light fixture and is still in the hospital."

In today's comments, someone posted a picture of "owling" on a stair rail. I never heard of it (no kids!), nor "planking" I read in earlier comments. I think these are excellent theories, that "horseplay" was the cause of the fall. The proximity of the chandelier suggests he flew off the railing.
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/all-eyes-have-turned-to-coronado
"The boy was left unable to breath and without a pulse Monday after a fall at his home; he was revived and was last known to be at Rady Children's Hospital."
"unable to breath"? Sounds like an airway obstruction. Perhaps this prevented Rebecca and/or his sister from performing CPR. By the time he was revived, he most likely suffered irreversible brain damage.
A mystery surrounds his sister, and why there are so many conflicting reports as to who was present. Her friend, who lives three houses away, said she "was in Coronado till Monday crack of dawn, when she returned to her South Carolina home".

SDSO maintained Rebecca was the only one home at the time of the accident, then later reported Max's sister was there too, but Coronado Patch says it was Rebecca's sister. One news source said his sister called 911 (sorry, I can't find it), but may just be shoddy reporting. Even her age is inconsistent. I've seen "13" and "14".

I have a feeling these contradictions may be JS's effort to protect her from the media, which is certainly understandable. She may have been playing with Max when he fell, maybe even encouraged a dare-devil act, but I doubt she's at all implicated in his accident.

The problem with it all is, lies and cover-ups tend people to think the worst. People in the public eye usually make a short appearance and public statement. That's what people do, when they have an image to maintain. His avoidance casts doubt, and if Rebecca's death is deemed a suicide, most people will not believe it and LE's integrity will be compromised.

Hi There obmama,

I, too, think that Maxie's accident involved some sort of horseplay, and he fell from the topmost landing, down onto the chandelier.

His half-sister GS may have encouraged the horseplay on the railing or at least was involved in the horseplay, although not maliciously.

I also agree that JS is protecting GS from the media.

QUESTIONS:

1) Where were the maids?

2) Where was the butler?

3) Where was the cook?

4) Where was the gardener?

5) Where was the "pool guy?"

Come on folks, with that much $$$$$, YOU HAVE HELP...

My thoughts all along!!!!! Or was RN responsible for it all? :rocker:

Sure seems she was the nanny............oh, no.......run.......another nanny...
just kidding

I don't see it either. How is someone going to tie an extension cord with their teeth?

If you go back and read the original post you will find this was a description of what someone else did....not Rebecca,... and that person used tape.

How does anyone commit a murder in this intricate way with other people milling around the house, even if they are teenagers?

I will be beyond shocked if this is a suicide...I don't believe Rebecca would kill herself in this way if she was overcome by grief and/or feelings of guilt. But I am at a loss to see how a murder like this could be accomplished in an occupied house, even a huge one, and am still very confused about who was actually there. Was it one of the teen children and one of their friends, hence the one who was not related? A child of an employee of the house? Who?

QUESTIONS:

1) Where were the maids?

2) Where was the butler?

3) Where was the cook?

4) Where was the gardener?

5) Where was the "pool guy?"

Come on folks, with that much $$$$$, YOU HAVE HELP...

Help, yes. Live-in help, I think in this area most likely not. Because:

IMHC (In My Humble Conjecture) as a local--the staff were all safely asleep in their beds in Tijuana. (Except for the butler. I just can't picture a butler in a summer home in super casual Southern California. I discount his existence.)

Resting up for their next workday, when they would have to arise at the crack of dawn or before, to sit through the morning border crossing wait, so they could return to their jobs in Coronado on time.

Purely my own conjecture.

ETA: It doesn't even have to be Tijuana. Fill in the blanks with El Cajon, or National City, or Chula Vista--the result is the same. Working at the mansion but not living there.

How does anyone commit a murder in this intricate way with other people milling around the house, even if they are teenagers?

I will be beyond shocked if this is a suicide...I don't believe Rebecca would kill herself in this way if she was overcome by grief and/or feelings of guilt. But I am at a loss to see how a murder like this could be accomplished in an occupied house, even a huge one, and am still very confused about who was actually there. Was it one of the teen children and one of their friends, hence the one who was not related? A child of an employee of the house? Who?

The only people in the complex tuesday night were RN in the main house and
the brother in the guest home.........so far...........LE are not releasing information on whether there was a party or not........

everything subject to change!!:banghead:

anyoldtime48,

thank you so much for researching the charitable contributions this family has and continues to make......they truly seem to believe in, "Paying It Forward"......

Fly with the Angels, Maxie and Rebecca.........

Shoot, somebody else did all the work. I'm just looking for more info in the quiet wallflower Adam. The rest of them are all "out there" and easily found because of the endeavors they are attached to.

But it does seem they were indeed raised to spread it around. Busy folks. With a very unfortunate last couple of weeks to deal with.

Hi Clucian063, from what has been posted the teen or teens were at the house when the boy fell, not when Rebecca died. Everything I have seen so far stated Adam and Rebecca were there the night she died. LE has not said if anyone else was there when she died.

ETA whoops, someone was quicker than me!

Quite contrary to what the forensic psychologist, who put in his two cents in this case said, and whose opinion is "staged suicide", in other words, murder. The scary thing is, people in his business are often professional court witnesses, and their theories can be mistaken as fact.

I seem to remember reading that it was not uncommon for suicide victims to be naked. I think it has been talked about on this forum when a census worker was found hanging with only his socks on.

I thought the guy was kinda full of it based on what I looked up myself but I wasnt over confident of how full of it he maybe. It might not be as common for woman to hang themselves while nude ,but it is not rare either.

Dina Shacknai's a clinical psychologist by profession. Here is an article she published, or rather a link to buy it:

<modsnip>

An article from: Education & Treatment of Children: Lisa M. Elder, Linda C. Caterino, Janet Chao, Dina Shacknai, Gina De Simone: Books
for children with Asperger Syndrome.: An article from:
Education & Treatment of Children: Lisa M. Elder, Linda C. Caterino, Janet Chao, Dina Shacknai,
Gina De Simone: Books

The efficacy of social skills treatment for children with Asperger Syndrome.: An article from: Education & Treatment of Children

HTML:
 [Digital]
Lisa M. Elder (Author), Linda C. Caterino (Author), Janet Chao (Author), Dina Shacknai (Author), Gina De Simone (Author)[/quote]

thanks for all the additional info on Dina.

But do we have anything more about Adam, other than the one link I dug up on a charitable contribution to a childrens school, plus the fact he lives in a 750 sq ft apartment in midtown Memphis and works on a tugboat?

And landed himself in the midst of some very unfortunate circumstances.

The only people reported to be in the home when Rebecca died were her and Jonah's brother Adam, who was staying in the guest house. The teenage girl, presuming it was Jonah's daughter, was already outa there and off to South Carolina. She departed Monday morning, apparently just after Max's fall.

While Jonah and Dina were at the hospital with Max.

ETA: pardone me. Scrolled right past 2 other posters who already covered this!

yes-the story I read was she called and asked him to pick up the dogs and he could not on monday,so he told her tuesday and RN said she was upset about Max and HER daughter was there with them..

How would he know if he was speaking Rebecca or Dina? Or someone completely different?

What if it wasnt Rebecca who called?

The founder and CEO of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. says his own success in business means he has responsibility toward those who have had fewer opportunities to achieve the same level of success.

"I'm motivated to make such contributions as I can, both with time and resources, to help others who have had the misfortune to go through life with exceptional challenges, who (don't have) an opportunity to be on a level playing field," says Shacknai, the father of two young children.

Shacknai, 43, is a director of the Southwest Autism Research Center (SARC) and of the Whispering Hope Ranch, a foundation that helps provide animal-assisted therapy for children and adults with special needs.

He is also the founder and chairman of the Noah's Family Foundation, a private philanthropic organization; and a member of the board of directors of the Delta Society, a national public-service organization that promotes animal-assisted therapy and provides training programs for service dogs.

http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/000128/giving.shtml

I didn't pay much attention to this part of the story initially...

I like any rich people who donate to special needs causes. They often are not the ones that celebrities donate to.

We looked into Whispering Hope Ranch and then looked into the equivalent closer.

I have also read Dina's work on ASD... and the more I look through my own paperwork the more I am finding connected to Jonah or Dina...

I wonder if they also exposed their own children to kids with special needs? You know... walked the walk?

It sounds like other than a friend with an autistic son, Jonah doesn't have much connection to special needs. Although, you never know what is in someone's background... a sibling that was sent away never to be seen again... a baby that didn't make it...

It sounds like it is less connection and more karma...
he is successful and is afraid if he doesn't share it something tragic will happen to him one day...

I guess that didn't work out so well... :(

How would he know if he was speaking Rebecca or Dina? Or someone completely different?

What if it wasnt Rebecca who called?

Because he DID pick up the dog on Tuesday... so when he saw Rebecca that day he would have verified she was who he talked to. Otherwise she would have been confused about why he was there to pick up the dog.

I think by this point he would have realized from the news if it was not Rebecca he talked to when he picked up the dog. (If he had not met her previously.)

Dina and Rebecca would be distinguishable from each other, though they both had dark hair. I don't know about the daughter G, but I'm assuming she doesn't look enough like Rebecca to pass for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Shacknai-violent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html

Because he DID pick up the dog on Tuesday... so when he saw Rebecca that day he would have verified she was who he talked to. Otherwise she would have been confused about why he was there to pick up the dog.

I think by this point he would have realized from the news if it was not Rebecca he talked to when he picked up the dog. (If he had not met her previously.)

Dina and Rebecca would be distinguishable from each other, though they both had dark hair. I don't know about the daughter G, but I'm assuming she doesn't look enough like Rebecca to pass for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Shacknai-violent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html

Not if G's picture on facebook is accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member