Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are all kinds of scenarios with another child there. Kids get into stuff they aren't supposed to, the girl could have been watching Max while Rebecca was doing something else, they could have been playing and something unintended happened and so on.

The thing that concerns me is that no one is standing up and telling u s what this girl and Rebecca said about Max's death... hopefully that's coming. But it's bothersome given the media has changed their story about this girl being there. She is one of two witnesses and the other one is DEAD.

Yet, LE had long ago just pronounced this an unfortunate accident - good they changed their tune.

So, here's a question...

Depending on what happened, what lengths would parents go to to cover this up?

Up until now, I left Kimberly and her husband, Ian James, off my list. But I think they should be put on there for now.

BBM

You knocked me back with that one!!!

Can you please further explain?

BBM

You knocked me back with that one!!!

Can you please further explain?

Well, it's their daughter who was there when Max had his accident. Someone seems to be changing the news on that. At first, I thought it was some PR firm of JS's calling journalists/news sources. We know that Coronado Patch article was changed after the fact to say it was no relations to JS.

I guess I think there could be good reason someone wants to silence this all, especially Rebecca. Many plausible reasons - but would a parent go to that extent? I don't know. Kimberly and James certainly have their fair share of wealth it seems.

Nothing against having money at all, it just that it makes it easy to get things done and some reason to protect what you have more.

The Valley's priciest home sales for 2011,

Jan 14, 2011
$4,500,000.
AH Western Properties LLC, a Delaware company, paid cash for a 7,125-square-foot home with pool built in 2002 on the western side of Camelback Golf Club in Paradise Valley. The home was sold by Kimberly A. James, formerly known as Kimberly A. Shacknai, as trustee of the Kimberly A. Shacknai Revocable Trust.

Someone else gave me this link, it's better than what I already had dug up..

http://www.grand-am.com/drivers/driver.cfm?series=r&did=1459

Oh, and for cripe sake, there is another LLC (remember I said Delaware and Wyoming)

good overview

7/19/11 Mysterious Death at Mogul's Mansion

“It is a case that has caught a lot of interest,” said Sgt. Roy Frank of the San Diego County sheriff’s homicide unit. “In this case, you are dealing with a situation that is kind of a mystery.”

According to police, on Monday, July 11, the Coronado Police Department received a 911 call at 10:10 a.m. from a distraught 13-year-old girl inside the Spreckels mansion.

Frank said Adam had flown in from out of state on Monday and was “staying in the house to be there for his brother.” According to Frank, Adam cut Nalepa down from the “makeshift noose,” called police, and attempted to render medical care.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/19/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-girlfriend-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

good overview

“It is a case that has caught a lot of interest,” said Sgt. Roy Frank of the San Diego County sheriff’s homicide unit. “In this case, you are dealing with a situation that is kind of a mystery.”

According to police, on Monday, July 11, the Coronado Police Department received a 911 call at 10:10 a.m. from a distraught 13-year-old girl inside the Spreckels mansion.

Frank said Adam had flown in from out of state on Monday and was “staying in the house to be there for his brother.” According to Frank, Adam cut Nalepa down from the “makeshift noose,” called police, and attempted to render medical care.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/07/19/jonah-shacknai-mansion-deaths-girlfriend-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

Thanks for quoting that. I saw it before - what the heck is a "makeshift noose"? I guess that means it wasn't very sophisticated?

There are too many things about these two deaths that raise red flags for me. It seems the family, LE and even the reporters have various pieces of information out there. I have noticed that the descriptions of "the fall" have changed from falling down the stairs, to "a fall" as time goes on. This leads me to wonder if the kids were playing "owling" (note recent Harry Potter movie) or "planking" games on the banister or stair case? Was he trying to jump over to the chandelier? Some news articles mentioning c chandelier on the floor.

All kinds of scenarios possible here, but I really do think the step sister <modsnip> was there.
Is that why <modsnip> was whisked away immediately back to her mother? My big questions about Rebecca are who would want her dead? Who could gain from this, was it revenge? Sorry, I just don't buy the suicide thing.
Having been to Coronado several times for vacation, this house sits near a very prominent corner there, just steps from the Del Coronado, steps to the little village shopping area, and right on the Ocean Blvd. Spectacular spot on the Island.

good overview

So the sister called 911? Where was Rebecca?? But the sister is going to be a sophmore in HS, she's def. not 13...IMO. Ugh..sooo confusing!

Thanks for quoting that. I saw it before - what the heck is a "makeshift noose"? I guess that means it wasn't very sophisticated?

I guess you can buy premade nooses, no frayed ends.

Another subject:
I am 100% not buying there are no cameras.

IMO

That's how I took it, not using the correct knot.

But on the flip side, who would know how to tie anything but a "makeshift noose"?

I've seen pictures of a proper noose and it would take me a while to recreate without instructions.

So the sister called 911? Where was Rebecca?? But the sister is going to be a sophmore in HS, she's def. not 13...IMO. Ugh..sooo confusing!

I think she is 14, maybe almost 15 and just in an advance grade for her age - she goes to a private preparatory school?

Interesting analysis....

Rebecca Zahau Death: Authorities Seal Records, Push Suicide Meme
July 21, 2011
http://deathby1000papercuts.com/201...h-authorities-seal-records-push-suicide-meme/

Why did the Coronado Police Department and the San Diego Sheriff&#8217;s Department leave Rebecca Zahau&#8217;s nude body&#8211;a murder or suicide victim&#8211;lying in the open courtyard of Jonah Shacknai&#8217;s Coronado mansion for &#8216;most of the day&#8217;? Zahau&#8217;s nude body videotaped then broadcast by local news media. The 911 call occurred at 6:45 AM, purportedly made by Jonah Shacknai&#8217;s brother Adam Shacknai, a guest residing in the guest house. (According to a report from Radar, Adam arrived in Coronado after Max&#8217;s accident.) By 2 PM, according to the website Coronado Patch, Zahau&#8217;s body was still &#8216;on view&#8217; to the public.

According to a report from local CBS 8 affiliate, neighbors reported a &#8216;police disturbance&#8217; at Dina Shacknai&#8217;s home on the day of Max&#8217;s accident. Missing from the report, when the &#8216;disturbance&#8217; occurred?

According to several news reports, the police confirmed there was an unidentified &#8216;woman&#8217; in the Jonah Shacknai home with Rebecca when Max&#8217;s accident occurred. According to a report from Radar, the &#8216;woman&#8217; was Rebecca&#8217;s 13-yr-old sister.

...There&#8217;s no info Rebecca Zahau had a daughter.

Max&#8217;s death, &#8216;seems to be a tragic accident&#8217; while Rebecca&#8217;s death, totally unrelated to Max&#8217;s accident, was a possible suicide.

That's how I took it, not using the correct knot.

But on the flip side, who would know how to tie anything but a "makeshift noose"?

I've seen pictures of a proper noose and it would take me a while to recreate without instructions.

hmmm
Any boater worth their salt, can tie the proper knot.
IMO

I heaard that Adam rented an apartment in Memphis and worked as a tugboat operator. I have not heard/read anything about drugs. What surprises me is that he has to rent an apt. and work that type of job, with his brother being so wealthy.

I'd be upscaling that boy if he were my brother.

However, not all families work that way. We don't know any more about their relationship except Adam hopped on a plane toot sweet to be there for his brother and nephew. Might have been on a domestic flight on his own coin, or might have been flown by private jet by his brother. Could go either way, we just don't know, and frankly, how he got there is to me immaterial. He got there.

Could be he just doesn't care to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous and is actually a closet millionaire and will one day leave his fortune to a kids school or an animal shelter. (NOTE: ALL pure speculation). We just don't know. Adam's not an "out there" kind of guy since he appears to be a pretty average Joe, so there isn't much to go on.

But nobody in my family, and there are a bunch of us dysfunctional type of families, who would give, or even loan, $10 bucks if it meant the last meal before starving.

God bless those that do help their own. But is it a handout, or a hand up? I'm not going to ding on them for not sharing since we don't know the family dynamics. One person in the family who is driven and an overachiever doesn't by default owe a living to one who might not be seen that way, in everybody's eyes.

So far, the cops and the DA have refused to release any evidence in the case, all records are sealed including the autopsy report on Rebecca Zahau.

From time's link above

This doesn't seem right, does it ??

IMO

What person that has any class at all would show up to party under these circumstances, you would have to be a real jerk.
Yes, I know that some rich people can be jerks, but still, that would be crossing the line.
IMO

Unless they weren't able to contact everyone on-time to cancel the party and people showed up anyway?

My other thoughts about the loud music is either someone was trying to cover up screaming OR Rebecca was very distraught and maybe got a little crazy before the suicide (if it was a suicide), maybe started drinking and turned the music up loud to drown out your own mind?? My sister when she was upset about anything would blast music till the walls rattled.

I don't know what to make of it really...just some thoughts.

Good Lord, her body was left there for most of the day, for media to photograph...? What the heck? No one even covered her?

I can't get over the naked part...I don't even like to get naked for my shower when I am home alone, fearing a burglar might see me :(

hmmm
Any boater worth their salt, can tie the proper knot.
IMO

including a noose?

noose.jpg

including a noose?

I think there are only a few knots that apply.
Anyway, what I was getting at, is Adam would instinctively make a slip type knot. It would be a proper knot of some sort.
I don't think he was involved.
IMO

OK now some guy is calling into HLN and says he is a friend of Rebecca's and has info etc...and then tells Vinnie P. that he has not yet talked to detectives but has an appointment to do so next Tuesday...meanwhile he tells HLN all about his last visit with Rebecca...WTF is wrong with people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo