2011.07.22-25 HLN & FOX (Weekend) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we verify that woman's story that FCA and her parents are flying down South of the border with a ghost writer to work on 'their book?'

How do they write a book together? Is George going to admit to the abuse stories OR is FCA going to admit that the DT lied?

Did I get it right? They are writing a book together? I guess to keep their story straight!!!!

The mods have indicated we can't start or issue any petitions from WS, IIRC...there were some posts about it...FWIW

Originally Posted by JBounds View Post
VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
TMZ REPORT: jose baez negotiating #caseyanthony interview with 3 networks NBC, ABC and CBS...

Make sure everyone emails, calls and mails you don't want to hear anything she has to say.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/22/casey-...morning-shows/

Just sent email and facebook comment to the big three.

According to that article NBC seems to be the frontrunner. We need to find out who sponsors their news shows and send emails. That will have a bigger impact IMO. I know General Electric used to be THE major sponsor for NBC news but I have no idea any more. Anyone know?

Originally Posted by JBounds View Post
VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
TMZ REPORT: jose baez negotiating #caseyanthony interview with 3 networks NBC, ABC and CBS...

Make sure everyone emails, calls and mails you don't want to hear anything she has to say.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/22/casey-...morning-shows/

Just sent email and facebook comment to the big three.

Hmm... that link no longer works.

Emails sent - just in case.

According to that article NBC seems to be the frontrunner. We need to find out who sponsors their news shows and send emails. That will have a bigger impact IMO. I know General Electric used to be THE major sponsor for NBC news but I have no idea any more. Anyone know?

Might be because GE owns NBC.

Sad to see that on NG's FB page the number of replies/comments on Casey-related stories are 3-4 times higher than any other stories she is attempting (better late than never) to cover...

That adorable baby, Kate, missing from Michigan, is hardly getting any national attention at all. Nancy had the story on last night...that little baby's reward is not even $1400...I don't understand. She is a precious baby and only 5 months old, from the number of photos shown is/was much loved...why doesn't everyone know about this little baby girl??

3-4 times higher??? Wow the public has gone crazy. i dont understand... its as if they want her to be a star or famous with the oowwing and aaahhhing over her constantly. No matter how the media pushes the casey crap, no matter how the DT or the A's push the casey - GA/CA crap the public can turn their face-eyes-ears away! They choose not to and thats what is making her/them famous so to speak. They are infamous for their actions themselves, but the public is making them famous by responding positive or negative.

I dont know how anyone has time to keep up on all the A's crap. It took me 3 hours to read thru 4 threads this morning, and hasnt done a thing to enrich life for me......im going to do my neglected dishes.....they are screaming at me that any of the A's are not as important lol

I'm jobless & dont have cable tv so i dont watch no matter what lol.

Wow thats so sad to hear about Baby Kate! Im going to look and see if their is a Thread here about her. How does a baby end up missing that i just dont understand.

Have a good day all!
ArtzyPantz

tanyadillybig.jpg
[/IMG]

done! I also joined the FB page on boycotting TotMom that I did not know existed. pretty cool! 17,000 followers!

There are about 5 Boycott Casey sites on FB There are 2 named Boycott Casey Anthony, 1 has 17,000 followers and the other has about 34,000 or so :) :)

There are about 5 Boycott Casey sites on FB There are 2 named Boycott Casey Anthony, 1 has 17,000 followers and the other has about 34,000 or so :) :)

thanks! found them all!
Also found the fox news boycott and interestingly enought they had a transcript of Bill O'reilly speaking against vigilantes (in a different case) and GR not thinking It was such a bad thing:

http://foxnewsboycott.com/category/geraldo-rivera/

O’REILLY: If Earls ever walks out of jail and gets killed, who are they going to blame?

RIVERA: … I can only tell you ladies and gentlemen, that I will not weep if something happens to David Earls. I do not encourage vigilantism. I think it is something that puts your own life at risk. I do not advise it, I do not counsel it. I will not, however, weep if David Earls is found sometime on a country road.

O’REILLY: We obviously don’t want anyone to do anything. That would be as morally wrong as what Earls did—to take Earls’ life. You can’t do that.

RIVERA: I don’t agree quite with your moral reasoning. You’re more moral than I am.

done! I also joined the FB page on boycotting TotMom that I did not know existed. pretty cool! 17,000 followers!

There are many facebook pages, majority are not in support of CA but there are a few. Within Facebook's search enter Casey Anthony then click at the bottom of the ones that are displayed to open a new page displaying all facebook pages with Casey Anthony in the title. One facebook page/group had 775,000 member/likes in their group last week. That page is not a support page for CA of course.

According to a blogger [ I will go look for the link in another thread] Casey is supposed to be meeting up with her folks and helping with the book.

Why would the A's want to share book earning's with their dear daughter and vice-versa when one might impact the other and they each could gave their own book?

I really appreciate your efforts--everyone's efforts and I most certainly understand the anger and frustration. I just have to say, I'm not sure I agree with all the letter and e-mail writing. I keep reading all over the internet about people sending e-mails as soon as they hear a new story about FICA, the As and crew. I think that just keeps fueling the fire. It makes them well aware that people are still watching and people are still interested. Hence, they make sure we have a new story to hear daily. In the words of the remarkable JA--"Just ignore them."

The networks wouldn't have the so-called "big bucks" to pay if not for the deep pockets of advertisers buying airtime to promote their products and services on the back of a defenseless little girl whose lifeless body was dumped in a swamp like yesterday's garbage. Shame on the media and anyone else who seeks to make a single penny off this tragic case. It is truly revolting.

Karma can not come too soon for all those who see nothing wrong with seeking and accepting blood money.

I really appreciate your efforts--everyone's efforts and I most certainly understand the anger and frustration. I just have to say, I'm not sure I agree with all the letter and e-mail writing. I keep reading all over the internet about people sending e-mails as soon as they hear a new story about FICA, the As and crew. I think that just keeps fueling the fire. It makes them well aware that people are still watching and people are still interested. Hence, they make sure we have a new story to hear daily. In the words of the remarkable JA--"Just ignore them."

I think you are right. But I think contacting the sponsors has worked in the past. they are the ones that should be contacted because they pay the bills. He controls the money has the power.

Well. In today's news discussion, the article titled, Anthony Lawyer Says He Was Surprised at the Verdict....

Casey Attorney Admits He Was Surprised By Verdict
Posted: 4:27 pm EDT July 22, 2011
Updated: 6:50 pm EDT July 22, 2011
http://www.wftv.com/news/28637794/detail.html

I'm guessing he was stunned and he also says the following in the article:

"Cheney spoke on a variety of subjects surrounding his controversial client, including rumors of money.
"There are no offers from anyone for books, movies, or interviews," Mason said.

And he was asked if he really knows what happened to Caylee.
"I know she drowned in the pool. I've known that since the first day I got on the case," Mason said.

He also let it be known that Casey is safe for now. But he admits, keeping her safe for the rest of her life will be a challenge. Right now he doesn't know how it can be done..
"What are you going to do if you find her? Is somebody gonna go up and hit her, kill her, assault her? I don't know," Mason said."

He concedes the point - Whatever she says - Who is going to believe her?

So I guess we will be seeing Mason with this information making the rounds on HLN shows as he continues to try to rehabilitate his reputation.

Well Nancy is finally on to other cases, although coming in on them way late...Lauren Giddings, whose body was found a month ago and a POI is in jail...also Jacque Waller, who has been missing almost 2 months and whose husband is a POI...still, better than nothing I guess...Jacque needs to be found, although I fear her husband put her in a lake...:(

:great::great::great:

Nancy did NOT open her show with "Tot Mom" ...

I am glad she is "starting" to move on to other cases ...

:great::woohoo::great:

on the letter writing..i agree it does seem like people are interested since they know and by just "ignoring her" she truly will go away but the problem is no one really wants her to get paid even once for a first interview. if enough people do write in it really does make the advertisers and networks stop and think. as i said before, my company was one the receiving end of a potential boycott before and we quickly dropped the "hot issue" even tho we knew most "boycotters" would never use us anyway. however it did effect our ability to do business and once we sent out the message we were not participating it all stopped. our phone lines werent tied up any longer and our emails weren't crashing. so im curious if any networks will respond with an absolute NO
so. here's the real issue. how many of the people who are saying they wont watch will watch? how many will be "flipping channels and saw IV" or "were at their mom's and she was watching ect" the networks know people WILL watch a trainwreck so they probably are weighing if its worth it. BUT with enough emails and phone calls it may be such a burden that they do take it seriously even though they know it will bring big ratings. i for one wont watch but i do wonder how many will and how smart the networks are about understanding human nature's curiosity.
people are still responding to casey sightings and news on her so it may be worth the gamble in the networks eyes.

I'm just waiting for Nancy to go back to the her latest Casey "bombshell".

Well, half way through so far. I'm glad she is keeping Jacque's parents on. They are sure her ex murdered her. The triplets are how old? 5? Hearing how they are reacting is aweful

As for Casey boycotts. There have been so many rumors in this case. I know i don't want Casey to profit but I feel like contacting sponsors based on unsubstantiated rumors is a waste of energy. This may be all caca. The networks know how we all feel. I tend to think the story about Jose entertaining all these offers is crap. Loud protests and petitions just gives Casey more attention.

My guess? I have a passing familiarilty with the publishing industry, so my guess is ... An agent signs them and lines them up with a ghost writer. Contracts all around. They sit down with agent, ghostwriter, and lawyer(s) and hash out what will and won't be in the book. I'm guessing, if it is written, it will be a revisionist history of events, as perceived by them, which paints them in the most magical, wonderful light, (no affairs, no sexual anything)while at the same time blaming everyone in the entire world for everything and accepting no responsibility for anything. Kinda like Kate McCann's book.

:eek:fftopic: Have you read Kate McCann's book? I haven't, but I've read excerpts and her version of what happened re:Madeliene's dissappearance is ... interesting, bordering on absurd. Totally off topic, but that whole Madeleine dissappearance story is ... well, there are parallels to Caylee, lots of them, least of which are the cadaver dogs, who alerted in the apartment AND the car they rented 25 days AFTER Maddy went missing. The best books on that story are NOT by the McCann's but are by the former lead detective and one by criminal profiler, Pat Brown. And I hope I haven't broken any rules in this post! :silenced:

Where can I buy the book by the lead detective or or the criminal profiler???I have followed the McCann's case with much interest!!! Thanks in advance!!Sorry to be off topic:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member