2011.07.26-28 HLN & FOX (Weekly) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people give way too much credit to the intelligence of the average American...people here at WS are interested in crime and justice, interested in details and evidence, etc...the average "joe" is not. I always look at a list of the most popular reality TV shows when I need to be reminded of what interests many Americans. And then a look at the spelling, grammar, etc...used in "comments" sections of news sites and on FB also serve as a useful reminder as to how unintelligent so many people really are.

I am not sure if intelligence is the only factor in this verdict. Many folks are easily influenced by fast talking professional spin doctors and change their mind on various issues when worked over. Some politicians are very good in that too. Many folks are just too trustful and/or easily impressed by other people that are not worthy of such trust/admiration. They make the mistake to assume that some other folks are just as honorable as they are. IMO. And even when they get burned by someone , they do it over and over again.
In many scam cases , victims are from all walks of life.
Besides you really can not measure intelligence by spelling errors. Some people are just sloppy and in a hurry. English is not always their first language.
And as to popular TV shows, that is really not a gauge either. When folks have a mentally stressful job during the day, they often just want to look at something real light that does not require a lot of attention/thinking.

I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but Dr. Werner Spitz (the defense witness who called Dr. G's work a, "shoddy autopsy") was in the HBO documentary There is Something Wrong with Aunt Diane that aired this week (based on Diane Schuler who was drunk and high and drove the wrong way down a freeway and killed 8 people, including 4 kids in her car). Dr. Spitz said that Schulers autopsy was good, but when he spoke I saw many similarities to when he testified in FCA's case. Some vagueness, saying things could possibly happen, but not with any certainty. Overall, IMO, he seems to disregard common sense and will say that anything can happen, no matter how much it doesn’t make sense.

I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but Dr. Werner Spitz (the defense witness who called Dr. G's work a, "shoddy autopsy") was in the HBO documentary There is Something Wrong with Aunt Diane that aired this week (based on Diane Schuler who was drunk and high and drove the wrong way down a freeway and killed 8 people, including 4 kids in her car). Dr. Spitz said that Schulers autopsy was good, but when he spoke I saw many similarities to when he testified in FCA's case. Some vagueness, saying things could possibly happen, but not with any certainty. Overall, IMO, he seems to disregard common sense and will say that anything can happen, no matter how much it doesn’t make sense.

He is paid something like $5000 an hour. How long did he testify? Probably just under that plus extra costs for the prep of his testimony....I would say i'll take uncertainty for 5000 Alex.......

He is paid something like $5000 an hour. How long did he testify? Probably just under that plus extra costs for the prep of his testimony....I would say i'll take uncertainty for 5000 Alex.......

Apparently he flipped out during the Phil Specter case when asked how much he was being paid. He testified on behalf of that dirtbag also. As Cuba Gooding said in "Jerry McGuire"... "Show me the money!"

sbm

There are many reasons why GA may not have been a "great witness" but none of them=a logical reason to believe he was involved after Caylee's death or worse that he's the one that actually killed her..That's :crazy: imho

The same goes for "acting strange" or possibly "lying" on the stand..Cindy, btw, is guilty of both..She also didn't call 911 after smelling the car..And more then that she cleaned everything in it & doused it to kill the smell..Funny that the jury never suspected her of anything! It has to be cos Baez didn't point the finger at her like he did George..It seems the jury only absorbed what came out of Baez's pie-hole vs having a mind of their own.

K! Cindy said the tape belonged to George but that only means he bought it & was the main one in the family to use it..That doesn't mean that Casey or Cindy never did or didn't know where it was kept..IIRC, he said the "garage" & we know that FCA pulled her car in there & it was also where the laundry bag was kept that Caylee's dead body was stuffed in but the jury failed to see the connection. :waitasec:

JA came to a logical conclusion when he saw the duct tape stuck to dead Caylee's skull..Something the jury was incapable of doing.

The 'who owns the duct tape' scenario was just plain silly.

GA owned the gas cans and he was the one who filled them and used them to cut the grass. It didn't stop FCA from stealing the gas. She even told Tony to break the lock to get to GA's gas cans. So how difficult would it have been for her to steal duct tape too. I guess another concept that stumped the jurors.

JB never even hinted at GA being the killer. He said it was a tragic accident until it morphed into, "we'll never know what happened to Caylee." It's too bad the jury didn't take the time to look at real evidence instead of dreaming up some of their own.

IMO

Nah, I don't think the media is going to be persuaded by a single ebay transaction. Same thing with the death smelling car.

GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!

This thread is to discuss what is happening on the NEWS shows - not everything else under the sun.

Get back on topic, please. Take the general discussion to the appropriate threads.

Thanks,

Salem

14.gif
Bumping Salem's warning... I see that there are still some :eek:fftopic: posts...

Mods, I hope this is okay to post here ...

snipped from : http://www.ksdk.com/news/watercooler/article/269007/71/Casey-Anthonys-car-could-soon-be-sold

Orlando (NBC) - Offers are rolling in for one of the most iconic pieces of evidence in Casey Anthony's murder trial: her white Pontiac Sunfire. The car is still in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, which says the car can be picked up anytime by George and Cindy Anthony, who own the car.

Their attorney, Mark Lippman, says he's been getting calls from people interested in buying the car.

Unbelievable ... Absolutely Unbelievable ...

:maddening:

Nah, I don't think the media is going to be persuaded by a single ebay transaction. Same thing with the death smelling car.

There is a fortune to be made on this case and it is going to make KC wealthy and Baez the same and they know it and that is why they filmed her a few hours after her release and are now marketing it. She needs some money and this is the start of it. She is going to make a lot of money on this. And being a sociopath, she does not care one iota what this Board or anyone else thinks of her. Uppermost on her mind is the cash income; she will get her usual followers and that will do just fine.

Just because there are people who buy/sell/trade/collect true crime related items doesn't mean an interview with Casey Anthony is worth millions. If that were the case they'd already have a deal.

Mods, I hope this is okay to post here ...

snipped from : http://www.ksdk.com/news/watercooler/article/269007/71/Casey-Anthonys-car-could-soon-be-sold

Orlando (NBC) - Offers are rolling in for one of the most iconic pieces of evidence in Casey Anthony's murder trial: her white Pontiac Sunfire. The car is still in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, which says the car can be picked up anytime by George and Cindy Anthony, who own the car.

Their attorney, Mark Lippman, says he's been getting calls from people interested in buying the car.

Unbelievable ... Absolutely Unbelievable ...

:maddening:

ahem

wonder if they'll take a personal check?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Just because there are people who buy/sell/trade/collect true crime related items doesn't mean an interview with Casey Anthony is worth millions. If that were the case they'd already have a deal.

It's a good indicator of just how much she is worth.

Heard they already do have a deal and it is worth millions.

There is also already a bidding war over the video of her getting off the plane with Mancuso. Laughing with a beer in her hand.

She is going to laugh all the way to the proverbial bank and then some.

Heard they already do. It is worth millions.

There is already a bidding war over the video of her getting off the plane with Mancuso. Laughing with a beer in her hand.

She is going to laugh all the way to the proverbial bank and then some.

Yes, it is outrageous that Casey Anthony would laugh all the way to the bank on any money she makes no matter how small as a result of her child's duct taped skull and skeletonized remains being found in a garbage strewn swamp.

Yes, it is outrageous that Casey Anthony would laugh all the way to the bank on any money she makes no matter how small as a result of her child's duct taped skull and skeletonized remains being found in a garbage strewn swamp.

Yep, but she is going to. She hates the bloggers and she loves the fact that she is out and is going to make a lot of money off this. I remember during one of the hearings that Cheney mentioned the bloggers and KC rolled her eyes in disgust.

So she is very happy especially if she checks out how angry all the posters on this Board are about her winning the case. She is lovin every minute of it. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer