Casey gets a 1 million dollar offer for first story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, look at it this way: You think 102,874 is a large number of Sentinel's readers. The Orlando Sentinel has a weekly circulation of about 1.7 million [1,365,558 (6x227,593 daily) 332,030 (Sunday)]. 102,874 is about 6% of their total weekly circulation. So, by this number, 6% of the total readers in the heart of the Casey Anthony trial cared enough to say the verdict was wrong.

If you want to limit it to numbers of online readers, The Sentinel's shared online readership (ones who read both hard copies and online is 155,000 daily. Multiply that by 7, and you get a weekly online readership of 1,085,000
Assuming the poll was only open for a week (and to my knowlege it was created right after the verdict and is still running) it's still only 9% of their readers voting. Again, these are readers at Casey Anthony ground zero.

I repeat, there is no way you can say two thirds of the American population feels the verdict was wrong, based on any polls. I just can not believe two thirds of the American population even cares one way or another.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...&sig=AHIEtbQU6D2I4EkfovAav0bN4PnGvFJp-w&pli=1

At least 78% of Orlando Sentinel's online readership who responded to the poll (102,874) apparently care about this verdict and feel ICA is guilty. Those are huge numbers to my mind.. multiply that by the number of papers and TV stations both local and national, who have held polls with results very similar- IMO it is far higher than two thirds I keep seeing cited, but I don't know where that number originated.
Paper Circulation of the OS is 225,000 daily so the online numbers are significant.

Has anyone heard about Larry Flynt, owner of Hustler magazine offerince CA half a million to pose naked??

:maddening:

Yes, caught a minute of Flint on NG's show last night -- saw the "screen headline" and CHANGED THE CHANNEL !

DISGUSTING ... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING ...

SHAME on NG and HLN for giving Flint "air time" ...

DESPICABLE that anyone would "entertain" the idea of Flint paying a "child killer" -- MY OPINION -- to pose in his filthy magazine ...

ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE ...

:maddening:

MOO MOO MOO ...

The winning bidder is no longer a registered member on eBay. The seller will simply, per eBay, go down the list of second highest to third highest etc bidder till one of them decides they really do want it, and pays for it.

You are right and I didn't doubt the bids were due to outrage.

Here's the feedback from the winning bidder. Wonder how long before anyone retracts that little tidbit?

'You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to profit off a childs death!!! Buyer: Member id xxxxxx ( Feedback Score Of 81) Jul-28-11 15:19
CASEY ANTHONY LATEX RUBBER MASK EXT. RARE (#260823841484) US $999,900.00 '

HUSTLER? How apropos, mayber for an extra $20 and a bag of peanuts the entire DT can join her. JB can wear a pocket square.:floorlaugh:

The winning bidder is no longer a registered member on eBay. The seller will simply, per eBay, go down the list of second highest to third highest etc bidder till one of them decides they really do want it, and pays for it.

I know, use to be a Power Seller years back. Can't wait to see what it does sell for. Like Prof said, probably the legit bids were in the $2000 range. A mask can be reproduced asap and it doesn't cost $700,000 either. So down the line they go...

I know, use to be a Power Seller years back. Can't wait to see what it does sell for. Like Prof said, probably the legit bids were in the $2000 range. A mask can be reproduced asap and it doesn't cost $700,000 either. So down the line they go...

I have a very lifelike Miss Piggy mask and outfit, which looks eerily like LKB.
Wonder what it would sell for?

I can't wait for NG to realize she had the owner of "Chester The Molester" on her show last night offering a half million plus 10% for FCA to pose. Her show being about missing and abused children and all. Oh the things that entertain me somedays...

Wow, advice from someone who compares Hitler to FCA, thanks! Perhaps you can take a little time and learn some history about the difference between a child killer and the man who started a world war.

IMO

I see you're still upset. I did not realize how much you have vested in this case and I should have. I guess its not easy when you are watching something for three years and hoping for a 'just' verdict only to have it ripped out from under you.

I understand your resentment and believe me I do not take it personally. That was no easy day July 5th for any of us.

I say lets just move forward with a positive attitude. All the best,

For every person who writes or calls to protest something, there are anywhere from 8 to 10 others who feel exactly the same way but do not write or call. I learned this very valuable extrapolation fact when supporting various causes where media needed to pay attention. They take this very seriously and they don't count one writer or caller as one person, but more likely 8 or 10.

Aqua

Ok, look at it this way: You think 102,874 is a large number of Sentinel's readers. The Orlando Sentinel has a weekly circulation of about 1.7 million [1,365,558 (6x227,593 daily) 332,030 (Sunday)]. 102,874 is about 6% of their total weekly circulation. So, by this number, 6% of the total readers in the heart of the Casey Anthony trial cared enough to say the verdict was wrong.

If you want to limit it to numbers of online readers, The Sentinel's shared online readership (ones who read both hard copies and online is 155,000 daily. Multiply that by 7, and you get a weekly online readership of 1,085,000
Assuming the poll was only open for a week (and to my knowlege it was created right after the verdict and is still running) it's still only 9% of their readers voting. Again, these are readers at Casey Anthony ground zero.

I repeat, there is no way you can say two thirds of the American population feels the verdict was wrong, based on any polls. I just can not believe two thirds of the American population even cares one way or another.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...&sig=AHIEtbQU6D2I4EkfovAav0bN4PnGvFJp-w&pli=1

Umm....er...who the heck votes in public poll's? What small percentage of the American public would even vote in an online poll? What? One percent?..:banghead:

Umm....er...who the heck votes in public poll's? What small percentage of the American public would even vote in an online poll? What? One percent?..:banghead:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It ain't easy Logical. None of it.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It ain't easy Logical. None of it.

LOL Solace - have put the big stuff down at rest for ever, but these pesky details keep popping up....a belief system here....a belief system there....:woot: ..... :skip: ....:skip: .... that have me going....:waitasec:

LOL Solace - have put the big stuff down at rest for ever, but these pesky details keep popping up....a belief system here....a belief system there....:woot: ..... :skip: ....:skip: .... that have me going....:waitasec:

I hear ya Darlin!

My point exactly. How can you extrapolate that two thirds of the American population thinks the vedict was wrong?

How do we know she isn't in Orlando, serving probation? A person on probation can get travel permits, and is allowed to leave the area with permission. And rarely does one on probation for a year be required to meet their probation officer. Usually, after 9 months of following the rules, they are allowed to mail in their forms.

She is not on probation, nor will she be on probation.
http://www.wesh.com/r/28705385/detail.html

State Attorney Won't Challenge Casey Probation

Spokesman: DOC Policy Allows Probation In Jail

Quote:
A spokesman for the state attorney's office told WESH 2 News it will not challenge Casey Anthony's probation status.

That probation sentence is not happening now.

After Anthony's acquittal on murder and manslaughter charges, the conditions of her probation were apparently misinterpreted by the Department of Corrections, paving the way for Anthony's release.

There are more of you than can be imagined. Most just won't admit to it (especially here).

I will admit I would probably youtube it... but only to see the freak show (which Im assuming will last about 4 min before I throw something at my computer). I know I will ban every commercial product on during her time slot. Ill also ban the station that has the interview.

Other than an initial interview who is really going to care after that? I have a feeling she is leaning towards the Hustler offer and she and JB are probably weighing the pros and cons as I type...

Im still sick about this!

HUSTLER? How apropos, mayber for an extra $20 and a bag of peanuts the entire DT can join her. JB can wear a pocket square.:floorlaugh:

:lol: Where is he going to wear it? Wait, don't tell me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member