Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
news.com/2011/08/01/2309473/search-for-missing-teen-brittanee.html

finally some closure for Dawn and family?

Sorry for posting what had already been posted...I'm new here and still haven't quite figured it out ~ I didn't see y'alls posts about it..

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/08/01/2309473/search-for-missing-teen-brittanee.html

What a crummy looking hotel. It breaks my heart to think that Beautiful Britt may have been taken to such a place. I am happy to see some progress in her case though!

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drexel-case-leads-investigators-to-Sunset-Lodge

Would there still be DNA evidence after all this time?
Locals please keep us posted.

wm

Thanks for providing the link here wm, I get lost/confused between the two 'forum discussion' and 'information support'. I would think there could be something in carpeting/underpad, trace on walls if body fluids involved....but I just don't know. Hopefully if that 'room' is a place of interest they will canvas out behind it etc.

Does look pretty shady, huh?

A small voice in my head whispers 'remember Jaycee' when I think about this case, but hope for closure in some form for this family.

Thanks for providing the link here wm, I get lost/confused between the two 'forum discussion' and 'information support'. I would think there could be something in carpeting/underpad, trace on walls if body fluids involved....but I just don't know. Hopefully if that 'room' is a place of interest they will canvas out behind it etc.

Does look pretty shady, huh?

A small voice in my head whispers 'remember Jaycee' when I think about this case, but hope for closure in some form for this family.

I guess LE would use luminol in the room for any possible signs of blood evidence.?

I also hope for the best and hope that Brittanee will be found alive like Jaycee. That would be the best news that I would love to hear!!!
But I am also prepared if she is no longer with us here on earth. Like you, I am hoping for closure for Britt's family!

I would like to thank the WS member who posted these links in the support thread. Sorry I cannot remember the poster's name but I am very grateful.

wm

Local news starting here soon, I will let you know if there is anything new. One printed report says no more details today while another says there will be an 'announcement'...Keep in mind though 'announcement' around here can just mean "We're following a tip."

ETA: That was quick - nothing much new to add...will say the footage shown shows heavily wooded area just behind that building. Probably need to get in there too - lots of people on scene though, SLED, G'town Sheriff Dept, etc.

For what its worth, the reporter spoke with the 'landlord' of the motel who described the POI, comparing him to the young, short, white reporter who said he was "about my height, middle aged and balding". - Can't find rolly eyes icon quick enough here -

Just heard on local news in NC that the motel is near the G'town airport.
anyway, this link has an update as of 11 am.

snipped

Very little additional information to be released in the Drexel case today as a result of today's search at Sunset Lodge. Myrtle Beach police say no immediate arrests are anticipated and, for now, no details will be released about the man who once lived in apartment 22.

wm

Just heard on local news in NC that the motel is near the G'town airport.
anyway, this link has an update as of 11 am.

snipped

Very little additional information to be released in the Drexel case today as a result of today's search at Sunset Lodge. Myrtle Beach police say no immediate arrests are anticipated and, for now, no details will be released about the man who once lived in apartment 22.

wm

Yeah WM, I've already Google Mapped the area - a little confused though. I did see the airport off to the east of the intersection of 17 Bypass and Pennyroyal Rd. They said the motel is near the intersection of Hwy 17 and Pennyroyal Rd. Then that report from G'town Times said today the investigation has "moved SOUTH of the area of prior interest, North Santee", but when I map Hwy 17 and Pennyroyal, it is north of the river. Now, there are two Hwy 17's, Business and Bypass. I am assuming it is the bypass because that is the main stretch and where all the concentration has been, but to note also, Pennyroyal Rd DOES connect Business and Bypass 17. (Sorry if that is confusing for non-locals - just some funny traffic things we like to do to tourists in these parts.)

Oh my gosh ..finally there's word and NOTHING ! so frustrating
I would love for her to be okay but I know that wont happen .
Her family needs closure

Could the mans body that was found have held a suicide note and confession ?

Yeah WM, I've already Google Mapped the area - a little confused though. I did see the airport off to the east of the intersection of 17 Bypass and Pennyroyal Rd. They said the motel is near the intersection of Hwy 17 and Pennyroyal Rd. Then that report from G'town Times said today the investigation has "moved SOUTH of the area of prior interest, North Santee", but when I map Hwy 17 and Pennyroyal, it is north of the river. Now, there are two Hwy 17's, Business and Bypass. I am assuming it is the bypass because that is the main stretch and where all the concentration has been, but to note also, Pennyroyal Rd DOES connect Business and Bypass 17. (Sorry if that is confusing for non-locals - just some funny traffic things we like to do to tourists in these parts.)

I am not good at mapping, lol! It would be great if you could post it so we have a visual.

Wasn't there discussion at one time that the escape vehicle may have taken an alternate (more inland) route? Would that be the Business Hwy. 17 rt?

Also, does this area feed off the same cell tower as Britt's last phone ping(s)?

TIA

wm

I am not good at mapping, lol! It would be great if you could post it so we have a visual.

Wasn't there discussion at one time that the escape vehicle may have taken an alternate (more inland) route? Would that be the Business Hwy. 17 rt?

Also, does this area feed off the same cell tower as Britt's last phone ping(s)?

TIA

wm

WM, you must not remember my terrible reputation as the worst Google mapper in WS history...I can do it and get a link but for some reason when YOU click on it it will land you somewhere like Savannah, Georgia! I'll give it a try though!

Pennyroyal Road, Georgetown, SC - Google Maps

If you get the "A" pushpin, zoom out a little and that pushpin is almost directly in the middle of Pennyroyal Rd between 17 Business (northwesternly, Highmarket St) and 17 Bypass (southeasternly, S. Frasier St.) If it wonks up on you just go to main Google Maps page and type in 'Pennyroyal Rd, Georgetown, SC'. ETA: If my map works for you, I am most interested in that area that looks like a body of water just to the east of the pushpin, just east of "Moyd". Also, if you pull the map around you will see "North Santee" area is a little south of the area they are supposedly at today.

Also, that 'triangle' to the east of the intersection of Pennyroyal and 17 is the airport, I am pretty sure.

Yes, there was discussion before about an inland route, when a blip of a report came out that her phone 'traveled back towards the coast from Williamsburg County" (Andrews area) - that 17 Business route could get one close to that area, and yes just by my looking at the area in general, it is close enough that it could be the same tower area as her pings, but I think someone else here has much better info on exact towers in that area.

Silkprint

Please fill me in!

Now wouldn't that be something? Or maybe he knew some information on somebody else and felt compelled to pass it along. Hardly anything surprises me anymore.

However, there is a man in GT county jail since May 2010 on a rape charge. He along with several other men were suspects in the case of a missing woman in Charleston. The law officials botched the case and charges were dropped. So I am leaning towards him being the one who lived in room 22 and somebody was brave enough (since he is incarcerated) to come forth with this info.

All just speculation, of course.

wm

Good Job on the map SeaNymph. I can follow it just fine. :)

12:15 update

Police say “a person of interest” lived in that apartment around the time of Drexel’s disappearance. Residents say the man — who has not been named — moved in a day before Drexel vanished and stayed there for about six months.

A resident, who identified himself as Herbert Knox — said he could not remember the name of the person of interest but said he was “a nice guy.” Knox said he thought highly of the man “until this happened.”

wm

Now wouldn't that be something? Or maybe he knew some information on somebody else and felt compelled to pass it along. Hardly anything surprises me anymore.

However, there is a man in GT county jail since May 2010 on a rape charge.

He is out on bail now :(

He along with several other men were suspects in the case of a missing woman in Charleston. The law officials botched the case and charges were dropped. So I am leaning towards him being the one who lived in room 22 and somebody was brave enough (since he is incarcerated) to come forth with this info.

wm

I would love to find out who lived in that apartment 2 years ago...

Any of our sleuthers processed the names of our POIs, to see if any were living at or near that address?

Ironically enough, I think I posted some flyers on the power/telephone poles outside of that place...

However, there is a man in GT county jail since May 2010 on a rape charge. He along with several other men were suspects in the case of a missing woman in Charleston. The law officials botched the case and charges were dropped. So I am leaning towards him being the one who lived in room 22 and somebody was brave enough (since he is incarcerated) to come forth with this info.

wm

That's what i am thinking the one from this news article, the one they thought was in connection with Brittanee's disappearance http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808#.TjbWcmv9Mpg

From the news reporter the person staying there was middle aged 5' 9" and bald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member