Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to find out who lived in that apartment 2 years ago...

Any of our sleuthers processed the names of our POIs, to see if any were living at or near that address?

Ironically enough, I think I posted some flyers on the power/telephone poles outside of that place...

above respectfully bbm-----

Good on you mlatta!!!!

Thank you for the update. I didn't know he was out on bail, grrrrr!

wm

Good Job on the map SeaNymph. I can follow it just fine. :)

12:15 update

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drexel-case-leads-investigators-to-Sunset-Lodge

Police say “a person of interest” lived in that apartment around the time of Drexel’s disappearance. Residents say the man — who has not been named — moved in a day before Drexel vanished and stayed there for about six months.

A resident, who identified himself as Herbert Knox — said he could not remember the name of the person of interest but said he was “a nice guy.” Knox said he thought highly of the man “until this happened.”

wm

FYI The same individual we are speaking of (previously incarcerated in GT) has been described (by 1 person) as having a "charismatic" "soft spoken" personality....

That's what i am thinking the one from this news article, the one they thought was in connection with Brittanee's disappearance http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808#.TjbWcmv9Mpg

From the news reporter the person staying there was middle aged 5' 9" and bald.

Thanks Autumndreams, This link gives a little background on the Shannon McConaughey case that I spoke of. However, the man, HR, who WAS in Gtown jail is not mentioned here but he was a part of that group IIRC.

wm

I am heading to Myrtle Beach on Friday for a week long vacation. (I have never been there before) Anywho, I have been hoping that Brittanee's case would be solved before I got there. I have two teenagers and I am going to have Brittanee on my mind when I let the girls go on their own alone without me or my husband.

I have been following her case since it first popped up on here!! Praying for a break!

I am heading to Myrtle Beach on Friday for a week long vacation. (I have never been there before) Anywho, I have been hoping that Brittanee's case would be solved before I got there. I have two teenagers and I am going to have Brittanee on my mind when I let the girls go on their own alone without me or my husband.

I have been following her case since it first popped up on here!! Praying for a break!

Enjoy your trip chaddylex but be prepared for some evil heat if things remain the same as the past few weeks. Brutal heat, temps 95-100, heat index up around 110.

Depends on where you are staying and how old your girls are, which I dont expect you to make public here, but there are safe areas of MB and not so safe areas. Broadway is a great place to take kids but even then, you wouldnt just let children under a certain age go by themselves roaming around there.

The area Britt was actually staying herself is near the Family Kingdom Amusement park...lots of foot traffic...she was heading south of there on Ocean Blvd, and just my opinion, at MY DECREPID AGE I wouldnt walk alone south of FKAP by myself! North of FKAP you head up towards the old Pavillion where the SkyWheel is now, again, crowds of people, carnival atmosphere....safety in numbers, don't talk to strangers, NEVER seperate.

But seriously, that end south of Family Kingdom on Ocean Blvd, all the way to where it runs back out to Hwy 17 - just, no.

Enjoy your trip chaddylex but be prepared for some evil heat if things remain the same as the past few weeks. Brutal heat, temps 95-100, heat index up around 110.

Depends on where you are staying and how old your girls are, which I dont expect you to make public here, but there are safe areas of MB and not so safe areas. Broadway is a great place to take kids but even then, you wouldnt just let children under a certain age go by themselves roaming around there.

The area Britt was actually staying herself is near the Family Kingdom Amusement park...lots of foot traffic...she was heading south of there on Ocean Blvd, and just my opinion, at MY DECREPID AGE I wouldnt walk alone south of FKAP by myself! North of FKAP you head up towards the old Pavillion where the SkyWheel is now, again, crowds of people, carnival atmosphere....safety in numbers, don't talk to strangers, NEVER seperate.

But seriously, that end south of Family Kingdom on Ocean Blvd, all the way to where it runs back out to Hwy 17 - just, no.

I am staying on Shore Drive... Is that North of where Brittanee went missing from? Like I said, I have never been to Myrtle, we usually go to Ocean City MD every year, but are going with some friends this year and they swear I will like Myrtle better than Ocean City.

chaddylex, I hope you and your family have a great time in MB! It is a fun place to visit...I especially like the Ripley's Haunted House and the water park!

I know you are concerned about the safety of your girls. It is hard for us Momma's to let them go off on their own but that's what teens do. If you are really uneasy, I suggest buying each of them a whistle to wear around their wrist (not their necks) on one of those plastic spiral bracelets. I wear one when I walk my dog at night. (Pepper spray is not really effective on the coast because of the blowing winds which could blow it back towards the person using it.)

I feel sure you all will enjoy your time in MB and look forward to you giving us an update upon your return:)

wm

I am staying on Shore Drive... Is that North of where Brittanee went missing from? Like I said, I have never been to Myrtle, we usually go to Ocean City MD every year, but are going with some friends this year and they swear I will like Myrtle better than Ocean City.

Yes, that is a good bit north of the area Brittanee was staying, kinda between MB and NMB, behind the Galleria I believe. Good proximity between Broadway and Barefoot, middle of "Restaurant Row". You should get familiar with the 17 Business and 17 Bypass we mention too, it branches right there near the Galleria, though one is just as busy as the other.

Have fun, be safe and yes, invest in a day pass to Myrtle Waves! (right across from Broadway)

That video contained some new info.

The 'unknown subject' moved to CA after moving out of the lodge/apt but now resides in the area. Do we know of any POI's who lived in CA for a brief time?

Thanks SeaNymph!

wm

Ok, I'm letting my inner 'busybody' show here guys but I couldnt resist. I emailed that reporter on that tape with the link I posted earlier and told him to show it to those locals and see if it matches the POI they are talking about. He just emailed me back and said "Thank you for the link. I'm looking into this and am contacting law enforcement."

So, he's either doing that or.... on his way to Huddle House to get some diced, covered and smothered and laugh about this old broad with his buddies from LE.

Hoping this is the break that leads to Brittanee's disappearance!!

Per HLN, JVM willl be covering this tonight.

Just got this update off Georgetown Times FB page; hope its OK to post.

Update: In the past few minutes, investigators who have been searching apartment 22 at Sunset Lodge in connection with the Drexel case walked out carrying several brown paper bags in a box. Meanwhile, Drexel's mother, Dawn, told reporters she feels the search of the apartment will lead to a resolution of the case.
about an hour ago

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Georgetown-Times/79743550891

(if its not OK to post that link, somebody let me know or mod please remove - I don't want a TO!)

Just got this update off Georgetown Times FB page; hope its OK to post.

Update: In the past few minutes, investigators who have been searching apartment 22 at Sunset Lodge in connection with the Drexel case walked out carrying several brown paper bags in a box. Meanwhile, Drexel's mother, Dawn, told reporters she feels the search of the apartment will lead to a resolution of the case.
about an hour ago

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Georgetown-Times/79743550891

(if its not OK to post that link, somebody let me know or mod please remove - I don't want a TO!)

If Dawn Drexel is hopeful then so am I. Wow! I can't believe after all this time that there is a possibility of a resolution!

All kinds of speculative thoughts are running through my brain!

wm

If Dawn Drexel is hopeful then so am I. Wow! I can't believe after all this time that there is a possibility of a resolution!

All kinds of speculative thoughts are running through my brain!

wm

True, but I know she was hopeful with that crowd from McLellanville before (not saying this is a different crowd; I dont know) and we see where that went....keeping in mind if it is that same crowd, this could be where it all eventually led.

Then I get hopeful with them carrying bags out of that room but then I say YIKES!!! :eek: - from the looks of that place I can only imagine the body fluids/forensics nightmare they may be facing. Not 'xactly one of those "fresh linens and duvet with every guest" sorta place.

Still want to see SLED venture back in those woods behind the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak