Ted Bundy - Serial Killer - 1974-1978

Hoodie

Reaction score
Wow!
A vial of Ted Bundy's blood was found and sent to Florida in order for a DNA make up to be completed.

I have to find the article so I can snip it, but I just wanted to let you all know asap.
I'll go out and try to snip.

Snipped....only part of the article... credit given to author at bottom of article....hope it makes sense....

Detectives in Tacoma wonder if their oldest, cold case murder (is linked to) Ted Bundy....
(who) has long been a suspect in the 1961 death of Ann Marie Burr, ...an 8-years-old (snip) Bundy ...(was young) Burr would likely have been his first victim.

Bundy ... confessed to 30 murders before he was executed in 1989... snip...A detective snip
...was surprised to learn that Bundy's DNA was not in the FBI's national data base. (Bundy) was prosecuted before national DNA data bases were established.

A search of police agencies (snip) turned up a vial of Bundy's blood in (Florida) evidence and that produced a DNA profile. Officials in Florida are working to have Bundy's DNA profile uploaded into the FBI's national database by mid-August.

snip and snip
Tim Haeck, 97.3 KIRO FM Reporter

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=523486

I never followed the Ted Bundy case way back when. So today I went onto wikipedia and read about his crimes.

I know it was a long time ago - in the mid 70's - but, sheesh!, there were a lotta screw ups on the part of the various police departments involved. NUMEROUS people called in tips that they suspected Ted Bundy, that he had the same car, etc. At one point FOUR different co-workers all called in a tip on him! And as more and more women went missing one poor woman who knew him not only called back once again to the local police, but also took the time to call the out-of-state police where he was then living.

I know technology has changed over the years, but still - why would police continue to ignore it when they get multiple calls naming the same guy? I don't get it, and hope that would never happen today.

A Charley Project link to the girl who may have been Bundy's first victim; page contains links to other possible victims among the missing at CP, suspected crimes to which Bundy never confessed but to which he may possibly be linked:
Nancy Baird
Lynette Culver
Julie Cunningham
Susan Curtis
Georgeanne Hopkins
Vicki Hollar
Rita Jolly
Debra Kent
Donna Manson
Denise Oliverson
Nancy Wilcox

oh good, maybe some questions will be resolved for some long-suffering families ...

Plz forgive the lazy question, but what happened to TB? Alive, dead and if so how? :blush:

Wow! I hope the DNA testing leads to some answers, not only for Ann Marie's family, but others too. I always felt there were more victims than he confessed to.

I posted this on Ann Marie Burr's thread in the 1960s Missing Not Forgotten forum, but it's relevant here as well:

A new book is coming out this fall about the disappearance of Ann Marie Burr and Ted Bundy possibly being connected.

http://rebeccatmorris.com/index.php

I just read the story in my local news and this is incredible. I hope that any unsolved cases involving DNA can be closed now and families can get peace if he is linked to other victims' deaths.

Good Morning people.. Im curious as to how you have a guy locked up in jail for years before he was put to death and no one thought to take a blood sample for DNA later on surely they new they were developing new ways to catch criminals.

Heres a question for alot of you i would love to hear your own oppinions . Ted bundy was a main reason that they caught gary ridgeway . the detectives on the green river task force were stumped for years and years so they decided to ask ted for help and he told them that they needed to find a new body a body that was killed very recentlly but to leave her there and do not publicise that they found the body and if they wait he would come back and would have sex with them again. now on this body he didn;t but when he wa caught some one asked him hey gary did you ever go back like the next day or 2 to be with them again and he said yes almost every single time..so what i wanna know is the sickos like bundy the ones that are of genius IQ and maybe some that arent wouldnt it not be better to keep them in solitary 34 hours a day for all i care but this way to beable to pick thier brains or like bundy he wanted to help i think we should be doing this with certin ones instead on the Dp . we could be learning something about what to look for in a new killer ...what do u guys/girls think

A Charley Project link to the girl who may have been Bundy's first victim; page contains links to other possible victims among the missing at CP, suspected crimes to which Bundy never confessed but to which he may possibly be linked:
Nancy Baird
Lynette Culver
Julie Cunningham
Susan Curtis
Georgeanne Hopkins
Vicki Hollar
Rita Jolly
Debra Kent
Donna Manson
Denise Oliverson
Nancy Wilcox

Maybe with his DNA these and other murders will be solved!

Good Morning people.. Im curious as to how you have a guy locked up in jail for years before he was put to death and no one thought to take a blood sample for DNA later on surely they new they were developing new ways to catch criminals.

Heres a question for alot of you i would love to hear your own oppinions . Ted bundy was a main reason that they caught gary ridgeway . the detectives on the green river task force were stumped for years and years so they decided to ask ted for help and he told them that they needed to find a new body a body that was killed very recentlly but to leave her there and do not publicise that they found the body and if they wait he would come back and would have sex with them again. now on this body he didn;t but when he wa caught some one asked him hey gary did you ever go back like the next day or 2 to be with them again and he said yes almost every single time..so what i wanna know is the sickos like bundy the ones that are of genius IQ and maybe some that arent wouldnt it not be better to keep them in solitary 34 hours a day for all i care but this way to beable to pick thier brains or like bundy he wanted to help i think we should be doing this with certin ones instead on the Dp . we could be learning something about what to look for in a new killer ...what do u guys/girls think

Serial killers are manipulative. He would have used it to his advantage and never told about his own killings. They also like to be "lifted up" as smarter than LE. They love the attention too. He might have helped once but he would probably have begun to dribble out info to stay alive.

Every serial killer isn't identical so he couldn't have gotten them all correct. In this one case the mo was very much like TB's so he could identify with him.

The flip side of that is the Death Sentence he had received. Le can't go against the court ruling and I'm sure after all the victims' families went through they wouldn't want to keep waiting and have this lingering while he gained "respect" so to speak and continued to have a life that was taken from their loved ones. jmo

RB was suspected in the Killing Fields murders but was ruled out. With the DNA available this might put it to rest with certainty.

I think it is interesting that Ted did claim that he did kill several of the women on that list, but because their bodies weren't found, the case was left open.
How awful for these families.

On an off topic, on topic Ted Bundy note, I read that his vw is on display in a true crime museum. With his blood being found, it made me wonder if they ever found additional victim DNA in that car.

I love vw's, but that's just sick, sick, sick.

I haven't found anymore articles about loading up Ted's DNA. I'm praying that cases do get wrapped up.

---
- OM$.02=only my two (non)cents
You know I'm not a professional and don't claim to be! Lol.

I hope that a few more cases come to conclusion. We all know there were more.

As far as picking every serial killer's brain, not all will tell the truth. If you have read about the majority, you will know some make up some wild tales to sit back and laugh at LE. TB only told about himself in all honestly, LE only asked b/c GR's crimes were so similar. They knew even if TB just started with some ridiculous spin he would reveal something about the pleasure that could help with a case very similar to his. That being said, more are likely to make up b.s. stories than to help in anyway even if they had the same m.o.

Thought you might be interested in this, it took 17 years after Tb told about GR before Le caught him.

In October 1984 Bundy, who by then considered himself an expert on serial killers, contacted Robert Keppel and offered to share his self-proclaimed expertise in the ongoing hunt for his successor in Washington, the Green River Killer. Keppel and Green River Task Force detective Dave Reichert interviewed Bundy, but Gary Leon Ridgway remained at large for a further 17 years. Keppel later wrote a book about the Green River interviews

shttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundyource:

DNA profiling only came to be in the mid nineties. I think the OJ case was the first time it was used for ID...for all the good that did.

FBI Quantico did exactly that. They sent staff out to CA to the worst prison for that type of offender. To be a good serial killer you can't be insane..most like to talk and will share their stories easily. Some of them told stories about themselves and are on youtube. You would be surprised how the pathologies are almost identical. These guys are not in solitary. Most have jobs and function at a very high level.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back