Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I found interesting on the latest article is that this POI has lived at this Sunset Lodge several times but LE just wanted to search room 22.

“He’s lived here three or four times,” said a man who identified himself as the apartment complex property owner. “The police just told me they wanted to look in that room.”

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...-room-search&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13129942889681

All makes for the good argument that ALL RSO's should be required to wear monitoring devices for life, with all GPS data downloaded weekly/monthly, etc., and placed on file indefinitely.

Actually I like the idea of using implants where the RSO can't decide one day to cut it off and take off like they could do with a monitor.

Thanks for answering those questions Sea Nymph!

I was wondering about distance, because I remember from early on that Brit's cell phone pinged near Georgetwon about 40 or 45 minutes after she was last seen leaving the Blue Water hotel.

37 miles and 55 minutes from Google makes sense for it to ping 45 min later, if she was in fact headed to this motel.

Does anyone have the cell phone ping info? Were they able to track its movements down the road, or did it just ping randomly as it moved to new towers?

VirginiaDoll, there was only one other ping referenced in the early news articles aside from the "North Santee area" and that was in Surfside and from what I understand the time of it coincided almost perfectly from her last known text sent to her boyfriend to the approximate time it would take to get from that area of 20th Ave South into the area of Surfside. Next pings we have been made aware of are in the river area.

I am by far not knowledgable about the towers and pings and triangulation, etc. I have seen it mentioned here that perhaps the Surfside tower only picked her phone up because there was a text incoming at that point, and I have taken that into consideration wondering why no other towers between Surfside and north of Georgetown/into Georgetown city limits got a ping. I previously always thought a phone was constantly 'pinging' to locate a tower within range but again, this is an area that is over my head.

IIRC, mlatta did some work on the cell towers in the area and may have more specific information regarding them. I don't know if it was pinpointed 'the' tower that picked up her signals that night but I do remember seeing maps of towers in the area and think maybe mlatta thinks he found 'the one'. If I can find them before anyone else can I will post them here - I know mlatta took some individual photos but I think I remember seeing an actual map with towers noted. I am more interested than ever now to see exact tower locations and exactly how many are close to both the river area and the lodge.

There is something else I want to add in regard to the pings and their timing but it will require me researching a few posts, but if I don't edit this one I will post it in a new post a little later tonight. It is some timeline info that was garnered from the times of the last texts to her, known texts by Brittanee, camera documentation and cell phone pings that led LE to believe she did not go very far at all once she exited BWR.

AWESOME!!!! You never know, this just may trigger a memory of someone who was in the area at the time of Britt's disappearance.

Dangit!!! I am in tears!! Brittanee's family has been so courageous throughout this nightmare. Her Dad designed the new billboard and the family will be in MB on Friday for the unveiling...

I am sending great big (((hugs))) out to Brittanee and her family.

Let's all try to remember to take some time out on Friday to remember Britt in our own special way. Whether it is thru prayer, blowing bubbles, writing Britanee's name in the air with sparklers, throwing a message in a bottle out to sea, or just simply lighting a candle, I plan to do something special for Brittanee Drexel and her family for this occasion.

wm

BTW, We are one day closer to bringing Brittanee home. Let's keep the faith:)

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but what led LE to this POI after all this time? I mean two years is a long time IMO. Not saying they aren't doing a great job on this case because I feel they are. This motel room is the exact one this guy was staying in when BD went missing, right? I heard he lived in this motel several times off and on. I just hope this is the break in the case. I guess the other persons of interest are off the radar from last year. It seems like this area south of MB in GT county wouldn't have that many persons who would be involved in this type of crime, but maybe I am way off base. :twocents:

Something else I found interesting on the latest article is that this POI has lived at this Sunset Lodge several times but LE just wanted to search room 22.

“He’s lived here three or four times,” said a man who identified himself as the apartment complex property owner. “The police just told me they wanted to look in that room.”

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...-room-search&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13129942889681

Would LE be able to get a search warrant for rooms he previously lived in? Wouldn't that be a stretch?

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/15246322/brittanee-drexels-mom-upset-over-new-billboard

Brittanee Drexel’s mom upset over new billboard

I was waiting for this since who is doing it is KD and CD. Kristen Foundation and KD have caused alot of trouble for DD and CUE

She said it would confuse people and they wouldn't know who to call then she said they can go to "and named 3 websites". The billboard lists phone numbers. Everyone doesn't go to websites so how could this hurt? imo

The Kristen Foundation is well known, non-profit, and highly trained. KF has worked with Le from all over the country.

Named for Kristen Modafferi a NC State Student who disappeared in San Francisco, Cal in 1997. Kristen was from Charlotte, NC.

Her parents realized there was no one to turn to for assistance or to help financially in cases like these so they started the foundation.

Are Brittanee's parents divorced? It sounded like a turf war to me. Control issue. Sorry, hope no one is offended.

Ya'll, I am so :banghead:

I went thru a gazillion posts looking for my references and basically found what I needed, with a bunch of nice single posts to share, took a break and came back and my computer was frozen so I lost all the tabs that had the links on them for me to copy.

So what I was looking for were just the (very) old posts that referenced news articles/videos, most of which are 404 Errors now and found a decent timeline. It was pretty much established through the surveillance cameras at BWR that Brittanee exited there at 8:48 and sent her last text at 8:58. Assuming the camera and cell phone records were in sync that showed approximately how quickly things happened.

One of the best links I could easily find now is our dear waltzingmatilda's synopsis of a TV program that references these times:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Another great timeline post referencing the same TV program with some tower info from G'town from tigger....btw, where are you tigger?
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

More good infro from LLLindsay and her recap

which includes:
"Last ping from cell tower #332. Cell phone zone for this tower is 4 miles wide and 5 miles deep".

So, whats my point here? I have no flippin clue at this point. But now I would like to know where cell tower #332 is. :crazy:

ETA: Ha, atleast I'm not the only one. "Robbie" was looking for it 10 months ago too.

Cell Tower Location Number?
Is there a way you can search to find the location of a cell tower if you have the number? I am looking for cell tower number #332 in Georgetown County, SC.
10 months ago
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101005111219AAkMWB6

Ya'll, I am so :banghead:

I went thru a gazillion posts looking for my references and basically found what I needed, with a bunch of nice single posts to share, took a break and came back and my computer was frozen so I lost all the tabs that had the links on them for me to copy.

So, whats my point here? I have no flippin clue at this point. But now I would like to know where cell tower #332 is. :crazy:

ETA: Ha, atleast I'm not the only one. "Robbie" was looking for it 10 months ago too.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101005111219AAkMWB6

BEEN THERE...........:doh:

:tyou:

SeaNymph, I remember mlatta searching for tower #332 when he was in the GT area. There is a tower located right there at HWY 17 and Pennyroyal Rd. It says it is owned by Sba properties. It may be difficult to find that particlular tower because as it states in the link companies lease tower space. My ex is a radio guy and his company made good money from renting tower space to cell companies, etc.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php

thanks for the link....very informative!

wm

xLiqoricex, just knowing one more person is here for Britt is enough. I don't post much either. Just a bump here or there. Everyone on this thread is awesome and truly cares about her.

Welcome (to posting).

Aaww, lizzybeth- thank you so much! And you're right! I'm glad I know about this case just in case! Ya never know and the more people know the better! I'm glad to be one of the people who do care about Brittanee, :). Thanks again!

I found this, FWIW. On the actual page you can click each tower and get a little more specific information, but I havent gone through all of them to see if anything corresponds or if there is a hint as to #332. This may have been posted in the past and if I am just rehashing old, already explored info, I apologize.

George Hwy 521 and 17A

GEORGETOWN 1253 N FRASER ST

Georgetown Plantersville Rd (Plantersville)

Georgetown 1.7 MI W OF PENNROYAL RD AND US 17 (085548)

GEORGETOWN 1107 FRONT ST

GEORGETOWN 4.5 MI N

Georgetown Beside Sampit River Bridge, 3.7 miles NNE of Georgetown, SC Airport

GEORGETOWN SR 51 & RR 4

GEORGETOWN OFF HWY 701 1.1 MI FROM GREENFIELD PLANTATION

GEORGETOWN SR 51 AT GEORGETOWN COUNTY PRISON FARM

GEORGETOWN MCDONALD RD

GEORGETOWN 2.5 KM NW NEAR HWY 521 & INDIAN HUT RD

Georgetown 8722 South Fraser

GEORGETOWN SITE IS LOCATED 1.5 MI SW OF LOOKOUT TWR BY U.S. 701

Georgetown 474 Pennyroyal Road

Georgetown 19105 North Fraser Street (Yauhannah - SC RSA #5)

Georgetown 8722 S. Fraser Street

GEORGETOWN 3/4 MI E OF US 701

GEORGETOWN 225 FT E END OF REED COURT RD

GEORGETOWN 120 NORTH CONGDON ST

http://www.cell-phone-in.com/tower-state/SC-cell-towers.htm (have to scroll down to G's)

wm, I remember mlatta finding the tower he thought was the one catching her pings all night. I think I ran across his pictures last night in all my searching. I may try to go back and see if I can read any of the signage on his photos. This list is interesting because in all my looking for towers, to begin with only 5 or so would come up as being registered with the FCC, but I thought there had to be more towers in G'town county than 5, so I found this. Again, not sure all of it means anything or what exactly I'm chasing here...just wondering I guess as I ponder this POI if his residence would have pinged the same tower her phone did all night, or would/could he have had to drive her phone south to the river and then come back to the lodge without it.

Since you are my 'rambling buddy' I have thought too about his trip to MB that Sunday when he got the speeding ticket. I dont know where you found that but in one of your more recent posts you mentioned trying to see if there was a specific location listed as to the stop that would indicate the direction he was heading. If you do find that or while you are looking, if it is there would you make note if there is a time listed of the stop? I'm only exploring possibilities here, so please I dont want anyone to read more into my posts/thoughts but all we have to work with is what we get and explore, dare I say 'speculate', from there. At least we're talking/thinking about it....so, I started wondering IF he was working in MB at the time, could there be a construction site he had access to on a Sunday...? KWIM?

Below is a map of just an example of what I have in mind when I say 'construction site'. I have no idea exactly when this photo was taken, though it is in the general area of Hotel Blue at 705 S. Ocean Blvd and on down, Captains Quarters in the 900 block of OB (9th Ave S).

700 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC - Google Maps

~respectfully snipped from Neicie's post #625 on thread #14~

Hey everybody. I haven't been on this site in a while, but this case really hits home for me. I live in SC and travel to Myrtle Beach often with my family as we live only about two hours away. I went into the public records search on the SC judicial website and found the following:

02/16/08-01/30/09 - RDM's address is listed as 4257 S. Fraser St. Georgetown, SC
01/21/10 - Address is listed as 3376 S.Fraser St. #25 Georgetown, SC
11/26/10 - 214 Ridge Road Georgetown, SC
12/14/10 - 429 Kent Rd. Georgetown, SC

The above was just information that I found from searching the Georgetown county records. I also searched Horry county and found that RDM had a couple of traffic tickets on:

01/28/09 - seatbelt violation
04/26/09 - speeding more than 10 mph, less than 15 mph. - For this one, he was stopped by Surfside Police.....Isn't this around the time that Brittanee went missing?

I also searched Charleston, Berkeley, Williamsburg, and Marion counties and did not find anything on him. Can anybody make sense of any of this information? I know somebody mentioned something a few posts back about other addresses that were associated with this POI.

I wonder if there is a way we can view details of the speeding ticket, like which truck was he driving, which direction was he headed, etc. Do they note such things? I have never had a speeding ticket so I have no idea what information is noted.wm

ok wm, I found it in the county public records - no specifics though.

http://www.horrycounty.org/SCJDWEB/...Agency=26208&LastName=Moody&FirstName=Raymond

hmmm...records search in G'town shows some things too...

http://secure.georgetowncountysc.or...Agency=22001&LastName=Moody&FirstName=Raymond
Moody, Raymond Douglas Arrest Date: 09/11/2008 0091-Sex / Indecent exposure -Sex / Indecent exposure 03/11/2010
and

http://secure.georgetowncountysc.or...Agency=22001&LastName=Moody&FirstName=Raymond

Moody, Raymond Douglas Arrest Date: 01/30/2009 2606-Sex / Sex Offender Registry Violation, fail to register - 1st offense -Sex / Sex Offender Registry Violation, fail to register - 1st offense 11/20/2009

Georgetown lists lots of other traffic violations, seatbelt violations, but nothing worth noting, IMO. If you go to that page and select "summary court" and type in his name they will all come up but I'm not going to link/post them all here.

:rocker:

Back to page one you go Brittanee! I am lighting a candle for you today!!!

wm

For every arrest how many times did he get by with something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong