Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will fall off my chair too. I just don't think he will. I think she will get Administrative Probation... A split down the middle to try to appease all. I think boatloads of others incarcerated will argue they deserve the same. It's a pickle.

It's a pickle,all right and the public is watching and waiting for Casey Anthony to pay for some of her crimes. The laws of FL continue to be twisted and turned at every juncture for Ms. Anthony. The only time she ever had to face Lady Justice was when Judge Strickland said " The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers". Since then she's received break after break after break.She wasn't even required to be with other prisoners in jail .She was too special :furious:

Yes,she is the most hated woman in America ,not just because of the way she killed Caylee,but because she NEVER had to take responsibility for what she's done.
Casey would have sat in jail,even if she had not pled guilty to the check fraud charges. She should have been placed in prison with other felons,and been subject to the same rules and regulations other felons are,IN PRISON,not protected in the county jail.

Karma better have a heaping dose of reality waiting behind door #3 for Ms. Anthony. I'm just disgusted with the way she's been coddled. :maddening:

nothing judge perry can do will bring caylee back .. and it doesnt honor her memory if she is put on probation bc she was found not guilty of her murder ..we need to face that there isnt going to be justice for caylee through the court system i think.. however i think there will be justice from the true judge of all of us ..what im saying is if she isnt on probation so what .. big deal .. karma will get her and judge perry is probably very torn about what he should do .. does he put her on probation to satisfy the public? or does he let her go and let nature take its course and god do his work ..sounds like a dumb post i know but its how i feel about it lately ..

Probation is for the check fraud,not Caylee's murder. She didn't even have to fulfill the terms of her check fraud sentence. YET. We shall see. The absolute worst case scenario for me would be if the FL taxpayers have to PAY to protect Casey. She doesn't deserve it and they certainly don't owe her that.Show me the law that says the taxpayers must pay to protect her. Let her face the public.

Oh don't worry. Karma catches up. It is "for every action there is a reaction". Those with a criminal bent never truly change. She will re-offend sometime down the line, it will all come together, eventually.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. He's going to rule on Friday and his vacation starts Mondsay...okiedokiethen. I think we all know where this is going. He has known about this for almost three weeks. Strickland most likely discussed it with him before the announcement.

.....and he needs to hold off on his decision...why? I say he wants to get out of town after he delivers it. If he delivers no probation or administrative he is not the judge we thought he was in the beginning.

I better stop before I blow a gasket. That decision was supposed to be today...grrrr.

BBM

I thought he said not before Wed. or no sooner than Wed.

I think this is a completely new case without precedence and he has to be very careful. He's setting a course that FL will have to follow,unless his ruling is appealed and overturned.

Personally,I'm mad at the woman from DOC who decided to let Casey serve probation in jail. This brings to light the way the DOC is handling prisoners and that's a good thing. The FL taxpayers need to know they are being cheated by the decisions this (unusual) person makes. If nothing else comes of this,at least the DOC will be put under a microscope.

Even if she does receive probation, it will not be very satisfying to me. A tiny little karma bump. She already dodged the big bullets. Probation? Big deal. I hope she does...just to get the karma energy flowing in the right direction, but it will be a minor bump in the road.

Probation is for the check fraud,not Caylee's murder. She didn't even have to fulfill the terms of her check fraud sentence. YET. We shall see. The absolute worst case scenario for me would be if the FL taxpayers have to PAY to protect Casey. She doesn't deserve it and they certainly don't owe her that.Show me the law that says the taxpayers must pay to protect her. Let her face the public.

BBM

I agree, but as mentioned in the 'where is Casey' thread, in the end I don't consider what I bolded a 'punishment' because I don't think the public cares enough, at least not a majority of them. No matter how bad people dislike her, who can you remember that our society completely shunned to the point that he/she couldn't even go out in public or they get rocks thrown at em or yell at them wherever they go? I can't remember any and I'm pretty sure we've got a lot of bad apples running around that people despise.

BBM

I agree, but as mentioned in the 'where is Casey' thread, in the end I don't consider what I bolded a 'punishment' because I don't think the public cares enough, at least not a majority of them. No matter how bad people dislike her, who can you remember that our society completely shunned to the point that he/she couldn't even go out in public or they get rocks thrown at em or yell at them wherever they go? I can't remember any and I'm pretty sure we've got a lot of bad apples running around that people despise.
--------------------------

Your "bad apples" comment just reminded me again of the skull picture titled "death apple", "apple of death", something like that, that she had on her computer:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506774,00.html

Judge Perry will do what is legal. He will do what he believes is the law. He will aside his personal feelings as he is supposed to do. Do you want a judge who is biased against you or any other citizen in any court case?

In order to obtain a conviction a prosecutor must prove his case. Ashton did not, don't know if any other DA could have. Too little evidence of murder was available.

Judge Perry was fair and unbiased. Media and the public is not and is not required to be. Judges are.

Judge Perry will do what is legal. He will do what he believes is the law. He will aside his personal feelings as he is supposed to do. Do you want a judge who is biased against you or any other citizen in any court case?

In order to obtain a conviction a prosecutor must prove his case. Ashton did not, don't know if any other DA could have. Too little evidence of murder was available.

Judge Perry was fair and unbiased. Media and the public is not and is not required to be. Judges are.

Ashton did prove 'his case', what he didn't prove were unrequired unprovables that the jury took it upon themselves to demand despite the jury instructions making it clear they did not need to concern themselves with them. There was a ton of circumstantial evidence of murder but the brainiacs in the jury room arrogantly and lazily ignored it all. That verdict was not Ashton's failure.

Please don't turn this into a verdict thread. :) This is about the probation thanks.

And FYI Ashton was not the lead State Attorney on this case Linda Drake Burdock was. So I'm not sure where all of these Ashton bashes are coming from.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. He's going to rule on Friday and his vacation starts Mondsay...okiedokiethen. I think we all know where this is going. He has known about this for almost three weeks. Strickland most likely discussed it with him before the announcement.

.....and he needs to hold off on his decision...why? I say he wants to get out of town after he delivers it. If he delivers no probation or administrative he is not the judge we thought he was in the beginning.

I better stop before I blow a gasket. That decision was supposed to be today...grrrr.

With respect, my opinion is that HHJP has no reason to drop a decision and run and hide. He is one judge whose decisions are always based on case law, and clearly he leaves emotion out of it. When he takes his holidays would have been decided months ago and would have nothing to do with the timing of any of his decisions except I think that he'd like to deliver it as part of finishing up before he leaves.

While I suspect his personal feelings about this verdict are similar to ours, because he did say in court, "if anything that could go wrong on this case did go wrong" - which to me was his way of saying to Baez - don't get to big for your britches sonny, you won this case by a fluke, not your talent.

There is nothing in his decision making process that is ever suspect or dishonourable and I have tremendous respect for him, as does the legal profession. I don't think it is fair of us to be disrespectful to him or his decisions because we are angry and frustrated at the juries decision in this case.

Even if she does receive probation, it will not be very satisfying to me. A tiny little karma bump. She already dodged the big bullets. Probation? Big deal. I hope she does...just to get the karma energy flowing in the right direction, but it will be a minor bump in the road.

KC and Karma.
KC grew up in a dysfunctional family.
KC's parents seperated at least once for awhile.
KC was given the curse of being capable of lying about anything to anyone, and being just believable enough, to get herself into far more trouble than telling the truth would have.
KC's father testified against her at a Grand Jury hearing, and again several times at her DP trial.
KC's mother called 911 on her.
KC had to face LDB and JA in front of HHSS and HHBP, and was denied motion after motion for a mistrial from these judges.
KC was villified by the media as the media turned Caylee into a golden ticket worth millions.
KC became one of, if not the most hated woman in America, courtesy of the media and the internet.
KC's friends testified against her, and made numerous negative comments about her to the media.
KC was given over 400 days for her felony check convictions. In many cases of this nature, all charges are bundled to one, and the perp pays restitution and 6 months to 1 year probation.
KC was given 1 year each for 4 counts of lying to police. In many cases of this nature, perp gets all charges bundled into one, and pays a fine, and serves community service for 6 months, with no jail time.
KC served nearly 3 years of solitary confinement, in which she had for the most part, 23 hours a day, alone, to sit and think about the awful thing that happened to Caylee.
KC will likely never have a normal life.
KC has character flaws that will keep her on the most hated list forever.
KC instantly earned a place on the NG show hall of infamy, and was villified on that show almost nonstop for 3 years and counting.
Karma isn't done with KC yet, so she just may get probation.

It's a pickle,all right and the public is watching and waiting for Casey Anthony to pay for some of her crimes. The laws of FL continue to be twisted and turned at every juncture for Ms. Anthony. The only time she ever had to face Lady Justice was when Judge Strickland said " The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers". Since then she's received break after break after break.She wasn't even required to be with other prisoners in jail .She was too special :furious:

Yes,she is the most hated woman in America ,not just because of the way she killed Caylee,but because she NEVER had to take responsibility for what she's done.
Casey would have sat in jail,even if she had not pled guilty to the check fraud charges. She should have been placed in prison with other felons,and been subject to the same rules and regulations other felons are,IN PRISON,not protected in the county jail.

Karma better have a heaping dose of reality waiting behind door #3 for Ms. Anthony. I'm just disgusted with the way she's been coddled. :maddening:

I hear your anger, I feel the same way. But think about it, if she wasn't in protective custody somebody might have gotten to her and killed her. Then the A's would have gotten richer and we won't have the opportunity to watch her self destruct.
That's the good part of this, the emotional prison she will always linger in until she reaches the depths of h**# where infinity is really forever. :twocents:

With respect, my opinion is that HHJP has no reason to drop a decision and run and hide. He is one judge whose decisions are always based on case law, and clearly he leaves emotion out of it. When he takes his holidays would have been decided months ago and would have nothing to do with the timing of any of his decisions except I think that he'd like to deliver it as part of finishing up before he leaves.

While I suspect his personal feelings about this verdict are similar to ours, because he did say in court, "if anything that could go wrong on this case did go wrong" - which to me was his way of saying to Baez - don't get to big for your britches sonny, you won this case by a fluke, not your talent.

There is nothing in his decision making process that is ever suspect or dishonourable and I have tremendous respect for him, as does the legal profession. I don't think it is fair of us to be disrespectful to him or his decisions because we are angry and frustrated at the juries decision in this case.
I do agree with you, but......couldn't HJBP have rejected the verdict before it was read? I did read that somewhere, but haven't a clue as to where I read it now......

The Judge said he was going to give the Defense advance notice because of Logistics if Casey has to return to FLA.

I will fall off my chair if that happens.

Well, I will need an "ambulance" ... :floorlaugh:

Sorry ... I need to have a "sense of humor" in order to get through this ... or I will explode !

:floorlaugh::crazy::floorlaugh::crazy::floorlaugh:

Sorry ... I need to have a "sense of humor" in order to get through this ... or I will explode !

Send one for me too, make sure it has Advanced life Support on board. :great:

no one should have to pay to protect her .. if the public leaves her alone then the police will have no excuse to protect her .. i think she should sit in jail forever but that isnt what happened .. im just thinking that everyone (defense wise ) is making a big to do about her being protected because the public has been enraged about all this and making posts all over every social network saying so and what they would do if they ran into her .. if ppl dont wanna pay for her protection then dont threaten on the internet or anyway else that tons of ppl can see them doing as well and if something should happen to her alll those ppl that have been outright threatening her on facebook myspace ect COULD be investigated .as far as i know fb can be used in court ive read about it being used in cases more than once then she can win even more by having the right to sue ppl for threatening her life .. that is all i mean i say if the public wants her to pay they should just leave her alone give her no attention at all .. nature will take its course as will karma and no one else will get hurt out of it BUT her

Send one for me too, make sure it has Advanced life Support on board. :great:

...thanks for the reminder you two - I've been in a very dark place for the last day or two and needed that.

no one should have to pay to protect her .. if the public leaves her alone then the police will have no excuse to protect her .. i think she should sit in jail forever but that isnt what happened .. im just thinking that everyone (defense wise ) is making a big to do about her being protected because the public has been enraged about all this and making posts all over every social network saying so and what they would do if they ran into her .. if ppl dont wanna pay for her protection then dont threaten on the internet or anyway else that tons of ppl can see them doing as well and if something should happen to her alll those ppl that have been outright threatening her on facebook myspace ect COULD be investigated .as far as i know fb can be used in court ive read about it being used in cases more than once then she can win even more by having the right to sue ppl for threatening her life .. that is all i mean i say if the public wants her to pay they should just leave her alone give her no attention at all .. nature will take its course as will karma and no one else will get hurt out of it BUT her

I agree with this and if the media, courts, etc. would quit putting it on the air and commenting about it this could happen. JP should reach a decision in private, not on t.v., send her a letter and move on. We don't need to know everything about it. jmo

I noticed the projected cost of keeping Casey in jail for life. Between appeals, a normal life span, etc... it was figured by some State officials to come to about $40,000,000.00 dollars. And that is the problem here with the system. Gee, probation is cheap. No probation is cheaper. I sure doubt the State of Florida is too upset about Casey getting off the murder changes. Just having Casey go away from Florida permanently is the financial solution for them. And like they say - "money rules all." Our society likes to pass problems off to others, sadly. Rarely do we stand up and address real problems with realistic solutions anymore. Take note of the National US dept. Well the Florida court system is a symptom of that lack of money. The days of wealth are long gone here. The new reality is those with money have a different law standard for themselves. And the public is paying for Casey here. NOT CAYLEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle