Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of this, but I also feel that there is more at play here. GA and CA are concerned with their new scamdation that they are starting. They need to distance themselves from the Felon in the public's eye. I also feel that the release of the DCF report plays into this as well. That report didn't exactly make CA look like the concerned grandmother that she is hoping the public will buy now...it sounds more like the CA in the ZFG depositions, the one that has zero respect for authority. JMO.:twocents:
Agree totally Kimmera. BTW - "scamdation" - is that in the dictionary? :floorlaugh:

I agree with all of this, but I also feel that there is more at play here. GA and CA are concerned with their new scamdation that they are starting. They need to distance themselves from the Felon in the public's eye. I also feel that the release of the DCF report plays into this as well. That report didn't exactly make CA look like the concerned grandmother that she is hoping the public will buy now...it sounds more like the CA in the ZFG depositions, the one that has zero respect for authority. JMO.:twocents:

They have a wedding coming up. I do not think they want to ruin this event for their son. But then, again, this would be the reaction of a normal family. jmo

My post was from last night is pretty well buried in the thread by now but I just wanted to point out that in addition to the items Judge Perry listed regarding the felon's probation, the Florida Department of Corrections have their own rules and regulations that an probationer has to follow. Judge Perry ordered $20 fee to be paid monthly but FDOC requires a $50 monthly fee if you had a private attorney or $35-40 if you had a public defender. If she transfers her case to another state, she will have to pay $20 that Judge Perry ordered in addition to what the cost of supervision is in that state. On one of the links on the FDOC website states it may be over $100 a month. Additionally, on an interstate transfer to another state, she has to have a support system, i.e., family in the state to which she is moving as well. This will be interesting how this works out. Mind you, the process to transfer her probation to another state will take upwards of 45 days and doesn't have to be approved so she could be forced to stay in Florida to serve out her probation. County to county transfers are much easier.

As far as the appeal process and her reporting, if she doesn't show up by 8/26/2011 like she was ordered to, they can and will violate her probation. I don't care if she has a dozen appeals floating around, she has to show and she has to show in Orange County for her intake.

~jmo~

Actually, this seems to me like a school's concern for the student who has a felony conviction over anyone else's. From the list of programs our poster OneLostGirl provided, it seems that they are programs that lead to careers where licenses are required. (Health Science programs, Criminal Justice, Early Care and Education, Human Service...etc.) Consider that most of the licensing agencies may be the ones who require the clean records? Consider that they require these licenses because these fields put employees in a position of helping other people, helping people who might be at a weak point in their lives...helping people who are easily taken advantage of? There are plenty of fields that do not put employees in a position to work with the vulnerable, and would not require a license and background check.

While the school mentioned could accept and take money from the student with a felony record, the student could earn the degree, the student may never get a job in that field because of the felony record.

IMO too many schools accept students to programs that do not lead to gainful employment.

Without gainful employment, students then default on their student loans and get into financial trouble..

I think there should be some sort of way felons can take a few extra steps to get to a place where they might help others, prove themselves before licensing them to have direct contact with those who might be easliy taken advantage of though.

However, then I come back to the topic of this thread, and I really have no idea how FCA can prove herself, trustworthy, expecially around anyone with a bank account or anyone with children.

Or an employer who simply asks KC: "The customer insisted she asked for fries with her order." KC: "No she didn't." You can't make money if customer suddenly stop coming in. jmo

ITA. Sometimes I think Dr. Drew is embarrassed to be there, especially since his show follows NG.

I agree with you both.

I think he's being pressured to be more sensational than real . $$$$$$$$

I could see KC working in a call center but she would be limited to not being able to take any financial information over the phone. I wonder if there are conditions on her probation like home by 10 pm, etc. That might limit her ability to work in a bar as a "shot girl" . . . . oh but she would be handling money wouldn't she? What a tangled web we weave . . .

I believe if Cindy could have Casey home she would.:twocents:
IMO the reason Casey will not be going back to the Hopesprings home has to do with security...not only Casey's but George and Cindy and the neighbours.

I remember the protesting that was going in front of their home and I was glad I did not live in their subdivision.

What was their exact statement? We know how they all like to play with words and the truth. IMO Cindy and George are not planning to be on Hopespring for long.
They have their sites on a gated community .This little stint of Casey's in OC may narrow their choices. Complete speculation on my part. The A's have had a taste of the finer things in life from their new friends. It's hard to go back. If they get their hands on any money they'll walk away from their little home and welcome Casey with open arms. JMHO

god forgive but i hope the PO DOES make her life miserable!!!
I am embarrassed to admit, I have been suffering from self-diagnosed depression because of that disgusting 'NOT GUILTY verdict. Things that used to make me happy (which was just about everything) no longer do.

I think that's why I have been unable to work myself up to any level of enthusiasm over the one year probation. Even though I am grateful she got at least that. If that is the only bone they are going to throw this dog, I'll gladly take it.

Anyway, I've been thinking. My boss is a retired cop & former probation officer. Although I really like and respect him, and believe he feels the same for me, this man is so tough, he has actually reduced me to tears- twice- in the less than a year that he has been working there. I can't ever recall crying on the job in the 30 years I've been in the workforce, until him.

And then, the night after the verdict came in, he called me on the phone and demanded, "Can you freaking believe that verdict?!!!". Yay! :great: We have finally bonded! For once, we are in complete agreement about something.

But, I think I'd rather get a lethal injection, than have to answer to him while on probation. If he is any indication of what a probation officer is like, Casey doesn't stand a chance.

Please, please, please let her 'P.O.' be just like my boss!

My post was from last night is pretty well buried in the thread by now but I just wanted to point out that in addition to the items Judge Perry listed regarding the felon's probation, the Florida Department of Corrections have their own rules and regulations that an probationer has to follow. Judge Perry ordered $20 fee to be paid monthly but FDOC requires a $50 monthly fee if you had a private attorney or $35-40 if you had a public defender. If she transfers her case to another state, she will have to pay $20 that Judge Perry ordered in addition to what the cost of supervision is in that state. On one of the links on the FDOC website states it may be over $100 a month. Additionally, on an interstate transfer to another state, she has to have a support system, i.e., family in the state to which she is moving as well. This will be interesting how this works out. Mind you, the process to transfer her probation to another state will take upwards of 45 days and doesn't have to be approved so she could be forced to stay in Florida to serve out her probation. County to county transfers are much easier.

As far as the appeal process and her reporting, if she doesn't show up by 8/26/2011 like she was ordered to, they can and will violate her probation. I don't care if she has a dozen appeals floating around, she has to show and she has to show in Orange County for her intake.

~jmo~

Thank you :seeya:

I would love to be a fly on the wall during that first meeting when they go over these rules with Casey.
This will be so much harder than what she had to do in jail !

Do you have any idea how her PO will be chosen?

Also,just curious about the woman who spoke on the phone ,during the hearing, from the DOC.She said it was her decision to have Casey serve in jail and that she waived the fee Casey was to pay. Do you believe there will be any repercussions for her? Even HHJP stated in the ruling that probation while in jail does not serve the intent .

That's a good one! :floorlaugh: I've asked several times here about the juror who wanted a 5 figure amount for an interview. Whatever happened with that and him?

I've been wondering about that juror too wondering if something happened and I missed it. So he didn't get that big payday after all?

I would love to be a fly on the wall during that first meeting when they go over these rules with Casey.

Also,just curious about the woman who spoke on the phone ,during the hearing, from the DOC.She said it was her decision to have Casey serve in jail and that she waived the fee Casey was to pay. Do you believe there will be any repercussions for her? Even HHJP stated in the ruling that probation while in jail does not serve the intent .

It's usually done on a rotational basis unless it's a sex offender and that's because there are several probation/parole officers who handle just the sex offenders alone.

This is my opinion only but at the very least, I'm sure the woman with DOC got a verbal hiney chewing for allowing that to happen but at the same time and in her defense, everyone just knew that a guilty verdict was going to be handed down on the murder charges and when that didn't happen, this woman found herself in deep hockey.

~jmo~

Right now the only possible job I could see KC working that doesn't involve handling money is probably janitorial/housekeeping work at hotels, office buildings etc.

I was out of town yesterday and found out about the probation order last night and I'm really happy. I was surprised Judge Perry ordered it.

Right now the only possible job I could see KC working that doesn't involve handling money is probably janitorial/housekeeping work at hotels, office buildings etc.

I was out of town yesterday and found out about the probation order last night and I'm really happy. I was surprised Judge Perry ordered it.

I believe if Cindy could have Casey home she would.:twocents:
IMO the reason Casey will not be going back to the Hopesprings home has to do with security...not only Casey's but George and Cindy and the neighbours.

I remember the protesting that was going in front of their home and I was glad I did not live in their subdivision.

Nope don't agree at all. Don't think Cindy and George would have FKC back at Hopespring Drive. It is one thing to perjure yourself because you think your daughter is going to get the death penalty, it is another thing to shelter the daughter you know killed your grandchild.

And I do believe, with Baez's OS, the Anthony's knew for sure that FKC was guilty. Also, putting George and FKC in the same room with no witnesses might really cause some problems - big time!

Also, sheltering a baby killer might put a big damper on what the Anthony's see as their influence on their "foundation", Caylee's law, and a definite effect on the sale of whatever book they have written.

So no, I'm going to disagree here - I'm going to say absolutely not - we won't be seeing FKC on Hopespring Drive during her probation.

What was their exact statement? We know how they all like to play with words and the truth. IMO Cindy and George are not planning to be on Hopespring for long.
They have their sites on a gated community .This little stint of Casey's in OC may narrow their choices. Complete speculation on my part. The A's have had a taste of the finer things in life from their new friends. It's hard to go back. If they get their hands on any money they'll walk away from their little home and welcome Casey with open arms. JMHO

The finer things in life? A three day cruise and a swim with dolphins? I would hardly call these the finer things in life, unless, of course, I didn't get out much.
It's not like they were sent to sip champagne on a yacht off the French Riviera.

This reminds me of the outrage over the Anthony's eating crab puffs when Caylee's body was found - lol. Is there cuisine protocol for finding your dead grandchild??

BBM: I don't think his woman from DOC should get into trouble because of an error the clerk made in transcribing the judge's order. She read the order and it was her opinion KC serve this time in jail. However, KC was not required to do anything that would amount to probation so physically KC did not fulfill what she was required to do if she were out of jail and on probation. I think it will be of benefit to her for them to try and get her back into the mainstream of society. People will not like it at first but they will get use to her being around and move on. jmo

+respectfully snipped+

LOL. Selling life insurance?

LOL - maybe she'll be one of those people calling about why you haven't made your master card payment! She'll probably have a few suggestions as to how you can get your hands on some money pretty quickly.

That's funny. ZG could not get a job working in this field because of KC's lies and they where afraid of media exposure. I don't think that will have changed much. Maybe she could work for the minister who is the director of this latest charity and sell "home care" products door to door and get free counseling, too. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici