UK - Workers baked alive in bread factory horror

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-60734/Workers-baked-alive-bread-factory-horror.html

Two bakery workers died in agony after bosses sent them into a giant oven to carry out repairs on the cheap, a court heard yesterday.

The machine should have been allowed to cool for 12 hours, but was only left for two.

David Mayes and Ian Erickson were unaware of the full danger as they crawled into the oven because fans had cooled its outer reaches to 40c. Its core, however, was still at 100c.

As a rule the one silver-lining with fire-related deaths is that IIRC most victims pass out from smoke inhalation before they actually burn.

I'm thinking these victims weren't so lucky. Truly, truly horrifying.

ETA and for the record, I don't think anybody should be forced to move with a conveyor belt they can't stop. Even if it were cool, what if they got caught on something?

That is absolutely horrifying!! Those poor men!!!!

:maddening:

What a horrific tragedy! Prayers for their families... :cry:

I don't even know what to say except that may they RIP and praying for the families, as well, in Jesus' Name, amen. Truly horrible. :(

That's a UK news outlet reporting, so I believe those temperatures are celsius.

100 C = 212 F

Such a horrifying death.

Yes, definitely celsius. 100 degrees F would just be a normal day this summer.

As horrible as it is, I suppose the only thing I can hope for is that the heat either altered their mental function or constricted their lungs so quickly that they were not fully aware of what was happening to them. I hope that the person responsible for sending them into that oven is criminally prosecuted and experiences some kind of guilt every day for the rest of their miserable life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back